Guest guest Posted June 2, 2004 Report Posted June 2, 2004 Today, my son wanted Taco Bueno for lunch. As a rule, I hate fast food joints, but he was insistant. So, I asked for a taco salad with beans and rice instead of meat and cheese. After the jerk looked at me like I was crazy, he said, " well, okaaaaaaay, but that's a strange request? " I said, " you've never heard of a vegan? Oh, and no sour cream. " He took my order down and sent it to the back, and when it came up, you guessed it, sour cream all over the place. I said, " they put sour cream on it, " and he says, " I'll take care of it, Ma'am, " and procedes to wipe the sour cream all over the salad, trying to lift it off. I said never mind, and started to walk away, assuming that would get me a fresh salad, which it did. But this one had cheese UNDER the rice and beans, like they forgot and tried to cover it up. Well, I said, forget it, and walked out. They've still got my money, too! Anybody else have a hard time getting a decent meal dining out? Quote
Guest guest Posted June 2, 2004 Report Posted June 2, 2004 Oh good grief, Monica! I'd have blown up - how did you restrain yourself? (Okay, I know the answer: 'With difficulty.') And after all that you still hadn't had a meal! Sympathies. gf Quote
Guest guest Posted June 2, 2004 Report Posted June 2, 2004 Oh, Monica!!! Besides the vegan issues, that was downright rude! I personally think you should have stayed, gotten what you wanted & NOT paid!!! ( " Oh, manager... " ) But that's me. Beth Monica <certifiednutritionist wrote:Today, my son wanted Taco Bueno for lunch. As a rule, I hate fast food joints, but he was insistant. So, I asked for a taco salad with beans and rice instead of meat and cheese. After the jerk looked at me like I was crazy, he said, " well, okaaaaaaay, but that's a strange request? " I said, " you've never heard of a vegan? Oh, and no sour cream. " He took my order down and sent it to the back, and when it came up, you guessed it, sour cream all over the place. I said, " they put sour cream on it, " and he says, " I'll take care of it, Ma'am, " and procedes to wipe the sour cream all over the salad, trying to lift it off. I said never mind, and started to walk away, assuming that would get me a fresh salad, which it did. But this one had cheese UNDER the rice and beans, like they forgot and tried to cover it up. Well, I said, forget it, and walked out. They've still got my money, too! Anybody else have a hard time getting a decent meal dining out? Quote
Guest guest Posted June 3, 2004 Report Posted June 3, 2004 OH, believe me, I had my hissy! in the car, on the way home! HUNGRY! , " greenfury2004 " <greenfury2004> wrote: > Oh good grief, Monica! > > I'd have blown up - how did you restrain yourself? (Okay, I know the answer: > 'With difficulty.') And after all that you still hadn't had a meal! > > Sympathies. > > gf Quote
Guest guest Posted June 3, 2004 Report Posted June 3, 2004 yep same thing 7 layer burrito at taco bell EVERY time. I say no cheese, no sourcream and they never get it right. Usually they don't make a big deal out of changing it though! Monica <certifiednutritionist wrote:Today, my son wanted Taco Bueno for lunch. As a rule, I hate fast food joints, but he was insistant. So, I asked for a taco salad with beans and rice instead of meat and cheese. After the jerk looked at me likhe said, " well, okaaaaaaay, but that's a strange request? " I said, " you've never heard of a vegan? Oh, and no sour cream. " He took my order down and sent it to the back, and when it came up, you guessed it, sour cream all over the place. I said, " they put sour cream on it, " and he says, " I'll take care of it, Ma'am, " and procedes to wipe the sour cream all over the salad, trying to lift it off. I said never mind, and started to walk away, assuming that would get me a fresh salad, which it did. But this one had cheese UNDER the rice and beans, like they forgot and tried to cover it up. Well, I said, forget it, and walked out. They've still got my money, too! Anybody else have a hard time getting a decent meal dining out? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.