Guest guest Posted May 30, 2004 Report Posted May 30, 2004 I looked the website http://www.nakedsunfish.com/ and while there are a few vegetarian recipes there are also ones for Turkey, two with salmon and one with shrimp, hardly vegetarian. While I applaud the idea of publishing recipes can we all agree to only post links to vegetarian and vegan recipes on this group? John __________ Messenger - Communicate instantly... " Ping " your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger./download/index.html Quote
Guest guest Posted May 30, 2004 Report Posted May 30, 2004 I debated whether or not to reply, because my comment is not meant to be argumentative, by I wonder what the problem is of posting links to non-vegetarian sites. I think it would be appropreate to let people know that it is not a vegetarian site. My reasoning is that the more vegetarian recipes on non-vegetarian sites, the more you might create interest in vegetarian dishes, meals, and life style. Another aspect of this is that if someone wants to publish a link to a non-vegetarian site, they should also consider posting a link to this group or to vegetarian sites. Just some thoughts to stir the pot, so to speak. John Collings <johncollings_uk wrote: I looked the website http://www.nakedsunfish.com/ and while there are a few vegetarian recipes there are also ones for Turkey, two with salmon and one with shrimp, hardly vegetarian. While I applaud the idea of publishing recipes can we all agree to only post links to vegetarian and vegan recipes on this group? John __________ Messenger - Communicate instantly... " Ping " your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger./download/index.html Quote
Guest guest Posted May 30, 2004 Report Posted May 30, 2004 Agreed! Thank you. That would be most appropriate - and vegetarianism (including veganism) is the theme of this list, together of course with cooking. Anyone is welcome, but non-vegetarians must respect the sensibilities of vegetarians. This list should be a safe haven for us ;=) And could we hear a little about you, please, John? ;=) It's nice to have you join us and to have you post! Chat again soon? gf , John Collings < johncollings_uk> wrote: > I looked the website http://www.nakedsunfish.com/ and > while there are a few vegetarian recipes there are > also ones for Turkey, two with salmon and one with > shrimp, hardly vegetarian. > While I applaud the idea of publishing recipes can we > all agree to only post links to vegetarian and vegan > recipes on this group? > > John > > > > > > > > __________ > Messenger - Communicate instantly... " Ping " > your friends today! Download Messenger Now > http://uk.messenger./download/index.html Quote
Guest guest Posted May 30, 2004 Report Posted May 30, 2004 , Douglas Smith <cyclist451> wrote: > I debated whether or not to reply, because my comment is not meant to be argumentative, by I wonder what the problem is of posting links to non- vegetarian sites. . . . Cuz this is a vegetarian site. You can fine non-vegetarian info all over the place ;=) Vegetarians should feel they are safe here from non-veg propaganda, so to speak *lol* I'm sure you understand ;=) Anyway, the list would lose its point if we were to post about non-veg matters, wouldn't it? gf Quote
Guest guest Posted May 31, 2004 Report Posted May 31, 2004 Hello, I feel like butting in a bit...if there is a website that is not strictly vegetarian but has lots of great vegetarian & vegan recipes, could a link be sent? Or would you prefer not? Beth Douglas Smith <cyclist451 wrote: I debated whether or not to reply, because my comment is not meant to be argumentative, by I wonder what the problem is of posting links to non-vegetarian sites. I think it would be appropreate to let people know that it is not a vegetarian site. My reasoning is that the more vegetarian recipes on non-vegetarian sites, the more you might create interest in vegetarian dishes, meals, and life style. Another aspect of this is that if someone wants to publish a link to a non-vegetarian site, they should also consider posting a link to this group or to vegetarian sites. Just some thoughts to stir the pot, so to speak. John Collings <johncollings_uk wrote: I looked the website http://www.nakedsunfish.com/ and while there are a few vegetarian recipes there are also ones for Turkey, two with salmon and one with shrimp, hardly vegetarian. While I applaud the idea of publishing recipes can we all agree to only post links to vegetarian and vegan recipes on this group? John __________ Messenger - Communicate instantly... " Ping " your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger./download/index.html Quote
Guest guest Posted May 31, 2004 Report Posted May 31, 2004 Douglas Smith wrote: > I debated whether or not to reply, because my comment is not meant to > be argumentative, by I wonder what the problem is of posting links to > non-vegetarian sites. Well, I joined the list because it was labeled vegetarian. I really don't care to sort through sites to pick out veggie things and/or to do converting. What is the point otherwise? Then a person may as well join any cooking list. My opinion only. A. Quote
Guest guest Posted June 1, 2004 Report Posted June 1, 2004 Hi Beth ;=) I'm answering this from my mailbox right now, not the website, so I can't give you the number but I think you'll find Rick's link in the first of the Food and Drink posts. gf --- Beth Renzetti <elmothree2000 wrote: > Hello, I feel like butting in a bit...if there is a > website that is not strictly vegetarian but has lots > of great vegetarian & vegan recipes, could a link be > sent? Or would you prefer not? > Beth ===== greenfury2004 Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Messenger. http://messenger./ Quote
Guest guest Posted June 1, 2004 Report Posted June 1, 2004 > Well, I joined the list because it was labeled > vegetarian. It is vegetarian and it will stay that way. :=) Otherwise, the list would lose it's point. Non-vegetarians will continue to be most welcome and are only asked to respect vegetarian and vegan views. I suspect that there are some areas on which vegetarians and non-vegetarians won't see eye to eye - quite apart from the obvious - just as there are areas on which vegans and vegetarians don't see eye to eye ;=) We all understand this and ask that non-vegetarians be sympathetic to our views. Some of these matters should perhaps not be debated on this list - we get enough of that elsewhere *lol* don't we? As you were, ladles and jellyspoons! gf ===== greenfury2004 Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Messenger. http://messenger./ Quote
Guest guest Posted June 1, 2004 Report Posted June 1, 2004 After some thought, let me rephrase, lol. Would it be ok to post a link to a vegetarian recipe even tho the website isn't exclusively vegetarian? I'll check for Rick's link. Beth Cassie White <greenfury2004 wrote:Hi Beth ;=) I'm answering this from my mailbox right now, not the website, so I can't give you the number but I think you'll find Rick's link in the first of the Food and Drink posts. gf --- Beth Renzetti <elmothree2000 wrote: > Hello, I feel like butting in a bit...if there is a > website that is not strictly vegetarian but has lots > of great vegetarian & vegan recipes, could a link be > sent? Or would you prefer not? > Beth ===== greenfury2004 Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Messenger. http://messenger./ Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.