Guest guest Posted May 19, 2004 Report Posted May 19, 2004 More new members have arrived at Vegetarian Spice. What's for lunch at your house? I *was* going to make a vegan lasagna (okay, not really spicy or on the theme of this list - but there you have it!) and found I was out of the noodles. Soooooo, thinking quickly (and looking at all that diced eggplant - yes, I like eggplant in my lasagna), I have decided on a Sri Lankan Eggplant Curry ;=) I haven't done a test-drive of this recipe as yet, so hang on until I find out how good it is. It looks pretty straightforward and is vegan. Chat later. gf Quote
Guest guest Posted May 19, 2004 Report Posted May 19, 2004 Lunch? First a salad made with raw broccoli, shreded carrots and currants - topped with tofu sourcream. Then - yesterday´s leftovers: brown rice, beans, kale with garlic and Peruvian carrot (which is not really a carrot, but looks like one and is light yellow - some call it arracacha white carrot or Peruvian parsnip). Care to join me? You´re all invited! ....though it is unusually cold and gray here for this time of the year... 60F in Autumn... BRRRRRRRRRRR! Mirian//Brazil greenfury2004 <greenfury2004 wrote: More new members have arrived at Vegetarian Spice. What's for lunch at your house? SBC - Internet access at a great low price. Quote
Guest guest Posted May 19, 2004 Report Posted May 19, 2004 Lunch sounds wonderful! I love the beans, rice, and kale, and salad, but what's for dessert? I'm on my way! Bobbi from Tennessee/USA (80 degrees here today and humid) Mirian de Meneses Costa <mirian_m_costa wrote:Lunch? First a salad made with raw broccoli, shreded carrots and currants - topped with tofu sourcream. Then - yesterday´s leftovers: brown rice, beans, kale with garlic and Peruvian carrot (which is not really a carrot, but looks like one and is light yellow - some call it arracacha white carrot or Peruvian parsnip). Care to join me? You´re all invited! ....though it is unusually cold and gray here for this time of the year... 60F in Autumn... BRRRRRRRRRRR! Mirian//Brazil greenfury2004 wrote: More new members have arrived at Vegetarian Spice. What's for lunch at your house? SBC - Internet access at a great low price. Quote
Guest guest Posted May 20, 2004 Report Posted May 20, 2004 Sounds great :=) I don't suppose you have a recipe for that kale and beans = and peruvian carrot dish, do you? Of course, it's a bit tricky if you don't= know where to buy such a carrot, but perhaps parsnip might do? Anyway, it sounds very good - anything else in the dish besides the items y= ou mention? I very nearly took wing and flew to join you! gf , Mirian de Meneses Costa < mirian_m_costa> wrote: > Lunch? > > First a salad made with raw broccoli, shreded carrots and currants - topp= ed with tofu sourcream. > Then - yesterday´s leftovers: brown rice, beans, kale with garlic and Peruvian carrot (which is not really a carrot, but looks like one and is li= ght yellow - some call it arracacha white carrot or Peruvian parsnip). > > Care to join me? You´re all invited! > ...though it is unusually cold and gray here for this time of the year...= 60F in Autumn... BRRRRRRRRRRR! > > Mirian//Brazil > > greenfury2004 <greenfury2004> wrote: > More new members have arrived at Vegetarian Spice. What's for lunch at your > house? > > > > > SBC - Internet access at a great low price. > > Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.