IndiaDivine.org

Child Develops H1N1 After Receiving Vaccine (2 doses, besides!]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

And now this:http://www.pharmabiz.com/article/detnews.asp?articleid=53266 & sectionid=US FDA approves Sanofi's Fluzone High Dose flu vaccine for elderlyThursday, December 24, 2009 17:00 IST Lyon, FranceSanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of the sanofi-aventis Group, announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the company’s supplemental biologics license application (sBLA) for licensure of Fluzone High-Dose (Influenza Virus Vaccine). The new vaccine, for adults 65 years of age and older, will be available to health-care providers for immunizations administered this fall in preparation for the upcoming 2010-2011 influenza season.-------- Meanwhile,http://www.rep-am.com/news/local/456982.txtHospitals relaxing swine flu measures BY MICHAEL PUFFER REPUBLICAN-AMERICANWATERBURY — With cases of swine flu in steep decline, hospitals are relaxing restrictions placed on young visitors at the height of the pandemic.Many hospitals adopted restrictions on visitors under the age of 18 after a second wave of the new virus hit the state this fall. The belief was that school-age children and teens are more likely to get the flu, and pass it on, due to their frequent mingling with hundreds of classmates.But the number of infections never reached the proportions that health experts feared, and has tapered off in recent weeks.=========http://www.wsmv.com/health/22050636/detail.htmlChild Develops H1N1 After Receiving VaccineToddler Received 2 Doses, Including Recalled Injectable VaccineReported by Josh DeVinePOSTED: 9:27 pm CST December 23, 2009UPDATED: 9:17 am CST December 24, 2009NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- It's been the advice we've heard for months: Get the H1N1 vaccine and get it soon. Related: Watch This Story [2 mn. video]But a local mother has concerns about its effectiveness, after she followed the recommendations and her son still developed the disease."Just because your children have had the H1N1 shot, does not mean you're protected," said Reynolds. "Your children and your family can still get it."In late October, Sandy Reynolds took her 2-year-old, Zach, to a local vaccine clinic, then followed the recommendations with a follow-up shot earlier this month.The drug-maker, though, later recalled the second one, over concerns it wasn't strong enough."When he started running a fever that's the first thing I thought of and that's why I took him to the doctor to get him tested for the H1N1," said Reynolds.But according to the Centers for Disease Control, it's not likely the recalled shot played a part. Announcing the recall of 800,000 vaccines last week, scientists said there were no safety concerns."Kinda upsetting," said Reynolds. "I've done everything that I could to try to keep him from getting sick. I'm not going to really say I point the blame at anybody, but it's still very upsetting that they tell you that everybody should get the shot, but you still have to be concerned about getting the H1N1."Dr. Tim Jones, the Tennessee State Epidemiologist, told Channel 4 News it's the first time he's heard of anyone developing H1N1 after receiving the vaccine. But he also said no vaccine is perfect, it takes time to become fully effective and some recipients' immune systems don't react as well as others.Right now, Zach Reynolds has a high fever and may have to return to the doctor's office tomorrow morning. His parents are taking their own precautions, including medication, to try to reduce their chances of contracting the disease.Previous Story: December 16, 2009: Hundreds Of Thousands Of H1N1 Shots Recalled =====In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.