will rapidly excrete any ingested sodium bicarbonate, as you can prove

by checking your urine pH a few minutes after taking some. If your blood

was really that alkaline you would definitely be feeling very unwell. If

you hyperventilate for a few minutes (which blows off a lot of carbon

dioxide and induces a temporary respiratory alkalosis), until your

muscles start twitching and cramping you will get a good idea of what

alkalosis feels like - it's very unpleasant, as anyone who has

experienced an anxiety attack with hyperventilation will tell you. A

blood pH of greater than 7.6 causes cardiac arrhythmias that can be fatal.

My wife and I have taken 5 grams of vitamin C neutralized with baking

soda 3 times a day for several years now with no ill effects.

Putting it bluntly, I don't believe your naturopath's blood pH

measurement. How did he/she measure your blood pH? I'm very interested

as I'm gathering material for a book about acid-base. I haven't heard of

alternative health practitioners measuring anything but saliva and urine

pH before.

I'm a skeptic about most of what is claimed about acid-base, by the way.

I don't believe that diet affects acid-base at all, based on more than

20 years measuring blood pH in hundreds (maybe thousands) of people in

various states of health in hospital laboratories and a great deal of

research on the subject. I would welcome any evidence I am wrong though.

Paul H

slavek krepelka wrote:

> Hi Roger,

>

> Just to let you know, I have put myself on vitamin C - baking soda to

> control an abscess in my root canal before I had a chance to get to a

> dentist. I was doing that to control the acidity of " C " . I ended up with

> 2g of C with about half of an even teaspoon of baking soda 3 times a day

> in a glass of water. I had a scheduled visit with a naturopath then who

> checked my blood PH. My blood was at PH 7.54.

>

> I have stopped it immediately to be on the safe side, although I can't

> say that I felt any ill effects of the over alkalinity. From all I have

> read here, I should have been half dead then, if not all together with

> the PH going that high.

>

> So. If you go on baking soda and C, get the PH strips and keep checking

> your urine, so that you do not severely over alkalize.

>

> BTW, " C " did manage to control the abscess all right, but it did not

> take it out. It has also occurred to me that sodium ascorbate, which is

> pretty much what you mix up above, would be a very sensible combination

> for a prepared supplement.

>

> I have gone to 2g of " C " 3 x a day within three days without any ill

> effects. Never got higher because of the high blood PH.

>

> It appears that the blood alkalinity with soda is also quite dependent

> on the diet, which is where the urine PH should be monitored, unless you

> can actually monitor the blood PH.

>

> With kind regards, Slavek

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thank you so much for your reply. Sorry, but I have to have everything in steps or I get too confused.--- On Wed, 9/16/09, Paul <experiences wrote:

Paul <experiencesRe: Re: "Brooks Bradley's Homemade Liposomal C Method"oleander soup Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 5:39 AM

Hi Lisa,My first post here, though I've been lurking for some time.Here's what I have been doing, which seems to work.Ascorbic acid recipe1. Place 3 tablespoons lecithin granules in a jar with a lid, big enough to take 1.5 cups liquid.2. Add 1 cup good quality water (distilled is not necessary, just water you are happy to drink, I've tried it with distilled and with filtered tap water and don't notice a difference, though I do suggest you boil well water in case of bacteria).3. Mix gently (do not shake or blend or you risk forming liposomes containing only water), I leave it to sit for half an hour or so, giving an occasional swirl or inversion until all the granules have dissolved more or less.4. Place 1 tablespoon ascorbic acid crystals in a measuring cup.5. Add half a cup of water and mix until dissolved.6. Add this to the lecithin and mix gently.7. Place in the

ultrasonic cleaner and run for 6 minutes stirring gently from time to time.Sodium ascorbate recipeAs above but add 1.5 teaspoons sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to the ascorbic acid in step 4 - it will fizz when you add the water. You can make the sodium ascorbate more concentrated if you want as it is more soluble than ascorbic acid. The liposomal sodium ascorbate works very nicely as a skin treatment I have found.A note on doses: I have been taking a lot of the sodium ascorbate version, half a cup three times a day. I have had no side effects at all, in fact I have been feeling better than usual. I haven't felt overstimulated or had trouble sleeping from excess acetylcholine as might be expected and as DB described. I am used to taking this amount of vitamin C (about 12-15 grams a day) as sodium ascorbate, and wondered what the effects of taking it liposomally might be. I have read

of people taking up to 80 grams of lecithin a day with no problems, and this amounts to about 30 grams (3.5 grams to a teaspoonful according to the blurb on the lecithin container).Paul HLisa Tovar wrote:>>> Okay, is there a consensus yet on a specific recipe and a detailed > "how to" do this that has delineated instructions? > >>

Guest guest

To be more specifiy.... Egg Yoke Lecithin Granules

oleander soup , " amagewick " <amagewick wrote:

>

> Does anyone know where to get egg yoke granules? AllI can find are Soy.

>

> oleander soup , <ransley@> wrote:

> >

> > >Talking of baking soda, I wonder if it could be encapsulated with

> > lecithin? I was just thinking that it would could be a simple way to

> > adjust body pH hopefully without affecting the stomach pH. Think I

> > might give it a try unless someone recommends against it.<

> >

> > Now THAT might really be a good idea! You could test it after you make it by

> > adding any simple acid to it, such as vinegar, but I would think it would be

> > best to add some L-Ascorbic Acid to it so you would get the benefit of some

> > Vitamin C when you take it. Anyway- if it's encapsulated, there won't be any

> > or at least not very much fizz. You could do a control experiment by using

> > the same ratio of the two substances without encapsulation and making note

> > of the relative amount of fizzing. You would want to do this in two

> > identical containers so you can gauge the " head " correctly.

> >

> > OK. Now I've talked myself into trying it.

> >

> > DaddyBob

> >

>

Hi -

A question regarding the mixture protocol...

All the instructions I find, including the ones here, say to mix the lecithin granules in 1C of water and disolve the Ascorbic Acid in a separate .5C of water - then bring the two together. Since the instructions say to shake or blend the lecithin only mixture first, isn't there a danger of creating liposomes containing only water when agitating this lecithin mixture?

Could one alternatively mix the tablespoon of A.A. in 1-1/2 C of water first, and then mix in the lecithin after that to make sure any liposomes formed in this initial stage contain the A.A. solution?... or does the lecithin mixture in water not form the liposomes until hit with the ultrasonic?...

Thanks,

pmfith

Guest Tess Elliott

I have been making this vitamin C for three  years now. It has taken out a very nasty tooth infection while I was uninsured, and helped me knock other problems out, like sinus infections which I have not had recur since starting it. I have not had a cold or the flue in those three years, either. What helps my process is my immersion blender, which is a much smoother way to mix the elements into a solution without mixing in air. Ten minutes of running the dissolved ascorbate, and lecithin through this little power house makes the ultrasonic machine much more effective. Once in the ultraonic machine, I use it for 10 minutes, stirring slowly with a straw. I do not add baking soda to my solution, and only take 3 tablespoons a day. The best time to add it if you want it is when using the emmersion blender until the foam is gone. My diet is good calcium, so that there is plenty available for my body to keep my blood at the proper PH rather than taking it from my bones (which are very strong into my 60s). The last time I did the baking soda test, there was only a barely noticeable film of bubbles ringing the top of the solution. I noticed that most of the companies sellng their liposomal versions are getting more expensive. Some make it with sunflower lecithin, which is more expensive than the non GMO soy. LiveOn labs is not the cheapest at $1 a packet in most places. It costs me around $12 for non GMO lecithin, and about the same for powdered vitamin C, but I can make many batches before I restock. The next time I restock, I plan to count the batches. This really does work, and I am horrified at how much the companies are charging for this very effective form of vitamin C. I have a couisin fighting cancer who does not live near me, and I have been buying the LiveOn labs C for her and she has had many fewer colds, since the chemo started. She just doesn't have the energy to make it herself. I am glad that you are sharing the information because this will help many people who do not have easy access to the doctor, or the money to buy it ready made. Mr Bradley is so good to share his research to help people.