IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

zycam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Has anyone heard about a problem with the Zycam swabs for cold remedy? A man my husband works with used one and now has lost his sense of smell. His doctor told him they were very dangerous if you sniffed it rather than just dapped it in the nostril. He is very swollen in his nasal passages and the doc said there is a great possibility that he will never be normal again.

Judy

Guest guest

"Zicam, the popular Zinc nasal cold gel, has been linked to a condition known as Anosmia. Anosmics cannot detect scents or smells of any kind, and the loss of smell greatly reduces the sense of taste. In addition to not being able to taste food, Anosmia is a dangerous condition, as the sense of smell and taste alert people to fires, poisonous fumes, and leaking gas."

http://www.yourlawyer.com/topics/overview/Zicam

----

bobjudy

03/29/07 11:45:12

zycam

Has anyone heard about a problem with the Zycam swabs for cold remedy? A man my husband works with used one and now has lost his sense of smell. His doctor told him they were very dangerous if you sniffed it rather than just dapped it in the nostril. He is very swollen in his nasal passages and the doc said there is a great possibility that he will never be normal again.

Judy

Guest guest

Wow this should be made know to everyone-I will toss what I have. I even bought the child's version just in case my granddaughter needed it.

thanks

Judy

-

HAH

Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:52 PM

Re: zycam

"Zicam, the popular Zinc nasal cold gel, has been linked to a condition known as Anosmia. Anosmics cannot detect scents or smells of any kind, and the loss of smell greatly reduces the sense of taste. In addition to not being able to taste food, Anosmia is a dangerous condition, as the sense of smell and taste alert people to fires, poisonous fumes, and leaking gas."

----

bobjudy (AT) bellsouth (DOT) net

zycam

Judy

Guest guest

I read about this last year, i'm surprised,,, (actually i'm not) its still on the market~

----

bobjudy

03/29/07 11:56:31

Wow this should be made know to everyone-I will toss what I have. I even bought the child's version just in case my granddaughter needed it.

thanks

Judy

-

HAH

----

zycam

Judy

Guest guest

I didn't look it up, but it looks like anosmic means "no nose."

-

HAH

----

zycam

Judy

Guest guest

I heard a rumor, but I imagine like anything else there are always going to be some people who are more sensitive who will have adverse reactions.

I use zicam pump, which doesnt even ever use a swab and I hold it in my nose a few seconds then sniff it up and I havent ever had a problem with my sniffer in that regard.... and it DOES get rid of colds faster.

-

bobjudy

Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:44 AM

zycam

Judy

Guest guest

if it really does that then it has a valuable use to counter act smell hypersensitivity brought on my aspartame ( formaldehyde) poisoning.. :- P

-

HAH

Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:52 AM

----

zycam

Judy