IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

The Myth & The Mystery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was in the room. He weighed him, measured him, looked him over, checked his joints, etc.

Then a nurse came in and gave him a tray with a towel over it and before I knew it the first one was in already. I didn't even realize what was on the tray until I saw him jab Brock with the first needle.

My thought was "oh sh*t, I guess they're mandatory now?!?!" since he never even mentioned he was going to do it.

But when I got home I did some research on the internet and read both sides to the whole debate and still wasn't 100% positive, both sides put on a good show. But I did learn I have a choice and no one is going to call social services or anything.

The next day when he had his fever.... Uh uh. Never again.

Candace

-

ForresterFamily

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:43 PM

Re: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery

Mmm...it's been awhile since I did shots. I would find me another dr so fast he would not know what happened if they did anything to my child without permission. How could they give the shot though? Weren't you sitting/standing there with your son? Surely you didn't let them take him to another room without you?

Elaine

Unfortunately, that's not always true. It depends on each individual pediatrician's office as to how they determine policy.

Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

All my friends ask me to go with them to the doctors. I tell them what I tell the MD's (in a rather pissed off tone) "My kids have enough problems, they don't need autism too, thanks".

Candace Podratz [CandaceAndBrock] Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:26 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The MysteryDocs definately have a way of scaring you into shots.My mom never gave any of us vaccinations but never explained why so I wasgoing to give Brock his just because it was the "normal" thing to do.When I was pregnant with him, the doc gave me a big speech about how I wasrisking Brock's life by getting pregnant unimmunized. If I got the measlesor mumps while pregnant I would surely deform or kill him.He told me to get my shots IMMEDIATELY after having Brock (I never did)I did, however, go in for a 2 month checkup for Brock and without asking (Iguess it's routine!?!)they gave him the first round of immunizations. Ispent the entire next day with him on the couch as he nursed and nursed andnursed, he had a fever the whole day and wasn't feeling good. I never gothim another shot. I hope those didn't do any permanent damage to him.Candace- "Lisa Carter" <randasmommy2003<herbal remedies >Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:28 AMRe: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery> Absolutely. I never knew any of this about vaccinations with my> first three kids. When I got pregnant with Miranda we were starting> to have our eyes opened. My poor children. The oldest has had the> label of ADD and Billy, my five year old gets every cold or flu that> comes around. He always has high fevers and stays sick for longer.>> I beleive it's because they gave him the Hep B shot in the hospital> before he went home. Miranda, however was born at home. She never> has seen a doctor, and I've made all her food. (breastmilk and> solids). Everywhere I go people actually notice the difference in> her. She is happy, healthy and alert. Now she is thirteen months> and she is my little helper.>> I can't help telling about 'Randa. She is a wonderful baby. I wish> more people knew the truth about vaccinations.> Lisa CarterFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004

Guest guest

One of my good friends asked what percentile Brock was in for height/weight at the doc's office. I said "dunno he hasn't been there since he was 2 months old" and she freaked out and said I need to sign up for WIC right away, the doc visits will be free. I "need" to get Brock to a doctor!

You'd think he was dieing.

She assumed I wasn't going because we have no insurance.

Candace

-

Lauren Bastow

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 4:17 PM

RE: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery

All my friends ask me to go with them to the doctors. I tell them what I tell the MD's (in a rather pissed off tone) "My kids have enough problems, they don't need autism too, thanks".

Guest guest

Lauren...Now THAT is a good one ! ROTFL...Mary O

-

Lauren Bastow

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:17 PM

Guest guest

When I go "shopping" for a Doc, the 1st question I ask them is "Are you a vaccine Nazi". You can tell from my tone that I am perfectly willing to get up and walk out if they are, I have never had a doc try to intimidate me that I wasn't able to put down like a flaming sack of crap.

Kelli Bever [kelli] Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:53 AMherbal remedies Subject: RE: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery

The intimidation can be scarey. I was surprised, when I refused shots for Megan, at the M.D.s response - he kicked me out of the office and said I could no longer be served there! That was fine with me, but I thought it was a very extreme reaction on his part!

:)

Kelli

Candace Podratz [CandaceAndBrock] Thursday, May 20, 2004 10:26 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The MysteryDocs definately have a way of scaring you into shots.Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004

---

Guest guest

Yeah they are doing this more and more, there was this case in Colorado where the parents refused the vaccination and they brought in armed guards to restrain the parents while they poisoned the kid.

Candace Podratz [CandaceAndBrock] Thursday, May 20, 2004 11:47 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery

I never signed any papers.

-

ForresterFamily

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 1:40 PM

Re: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery

The drs cannot give shots without the parent or guardian signing papers. Are you positive you did not sign any papers? The paper states what you are vacinating for and you are aware there could be a side affect.

Elaine

---did)> I did, however, go in for a 2 month checkup for Brock and without asking (I> guess it's routine!?!)they gave him the first round of immunizations. I> spent the entire next day with him on the couch as he nursed and nursed and> > > > this group, send an email to:herbal remedies-

Guest guest

Well, I believe you're speaking truth.. Our son was our only immunized child and was perfectly alert and normal until 18 months old... then he just turned off.. never looked me in the face or smiled again. I'm told there's no proof and it's all in my head.. but a mother knows I think. It happened within weeks of his 3rd round.

Karen

Lauren Bastow [lbastow]Thursday, May 20, 2004 4:18 PMherbal remedies Subject: RE: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery

Guest guest

I don't currently have an MD for any of our family, nor do I plan on looking for one. Fortunately, we haven't needed one in absolutely ages! :)Kelli

P.S. Boy, if an MD actually got interested and decided to join this group right now, they'd really be walking into a fire storm!! hee hee! :)

Lauren Bastow [lbastow] Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:24 PMherbal remedies Subject: RE: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery

I have never had a doc try to intimidate me that I wasn't able to put down like a flaming sack of crap.

Guest guest

How recently was that? Sounds absolutely hideous.

Kelli

Lauren Bastow [lbastow] Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:28 PMherbal remedies Subject: RE: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery

Yeah they are doing this more and more, there was this case in Colorado where the parents refused the vaccination and they brought in armed guards to restrain the parents while they poisoned the kid.

Guest guest

"All my friends ask me to go with them to the doctors. I tell them what I tell the MD's (in a rather pissed off tone) "My kids have enough problems, they don't need autism too, thanks"."

"When people ask me about the whole socialization thing, I tell them that my kids get the same as the other kids. Every week I take them into the bathroom, beat them up and take their lunch money."

Oh my gosh, I'm Rolling over here! Those are Fabulous comebacks! LOL! :-D

Jan

SAHM of 8, doula, breastfeeding advocate

Guest guest

A few months back there was a member who posted that they immunized

her against her will at a local college. She said they even followed

her to her car and brought her back to the office and gave her a shot

on the spot.

I dont remember her name at the moment, but i thought that was insane.

Sylvia

herbal remedies , " Kelli Bever " <kelli@c...>

wrote:

> How recently was that? Sounds absolutely hideous.

>

> Kelli

>

>

> Lauren Bastow [lbastow@s...]

> Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:28 PM

> herbal remedies

> RE: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery

>

>

> Yeah they are doing this more and more, there was this case

in Colorado where the parents refused the vaccination and they

brought in armed guards to restrain the parents while they poisoned

the kid.

Guest guest

It was less than a year ago

Kelli Bever [kelli] Thursday, May 20, 2004 1:49 PMherbal remedies Subject: RE: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery

How recently was that? Sounds absolutely hideous.

Kelli

Lauren Bastow [lbastow] Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:28 PMherbal remedies Subject: RE: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery

Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---

Guest guest

Gosh, I'm sooo glad I found a *good* GP here. He knows I'm not into medication - usually only go for diagnosis - and therefore always says: I can recommend this, but you probably won't take that? and smiles! He's interested in my natural remedies, and always asks about it. Then he asks me to report back to him on what I use, so that he can research it. Great guy :-)

love

Lisa

-

Lauren Bastow

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 10:24 PM

When I go "shopping" for a Doc, the 1st question I ask them is "Are you a vaccine Nazi". You can tell from my tone that I am perfectly willing to get up and walk out if they are, I have never had a doc try to intimidate me that I wasn't able to put down like a flaming sack of crap.

Guest guest

Wow! That does sound ideal! I need to find someone like him here in Calif! :)

Kelli

Lisa Belcher [lisabelcher] Friday, May 21, 2004 2:22 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Fwd: The Myth & The Mystery

Gosh, I'm sooo glad I found a *good* GP here. He knows I'm not into medication - usually only go for diagnosis - and therefore always says: I can recommend this, but you probably won't take that? and smiles!

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/19/2004 3:18:49 PM US Mountain Standard Time, jgonz writes:

Among other things, I truly believe that vaccinations are what is causing the rise of autism, ADD, ADHD, and everything else "on the autism spectrum".

Jan I have a friend with 2 little ones who both were healthy until getting vaccinations..now they both have autism. I never could understand how they could vaccinate their second child after already having it happen with the first born... SOOO SAD

God Bless,

Jamie in Az