IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Nutrition questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"Sprouted" means that the grains have been soaked for a period of time, usually between 8 and 12 hours, drained, then kept moist for a few days until they sprout, like a new plant growing. This does several things. One is to remove the enzyme inhibitor that all grains, seeds, beans, nuts, etc have naturlly, to preserve them when they are dry. However, this same enzyme inhibitor, when ingested, inhibits enzyme action in the body as well. Enzymes are one of the ways our organs and such communicate. There is a great article on this in the files. Soaking nuts won't necessarily sprout them, but still removes the enzyme inhibitor. Just soak them, then dry them out again, and they are fine. Of course, this is for raw nuts, grains, etc, not baked/cooked/prepared/etc.

Most commercial grain products, such as breads, cereals, bread mixes, even canned foods, use unsprouted grains either as a direct ingredient, or as a filler.

JohnLeah <edwardsera wrote:

I am looking for ideas and facts on how to eat healthy?

What do you eat for breakfast? lunch? dinner? snacks? I need ideas here:)

What is eating healthy? Do you base every meal on vegetables? are cooked veggies good? or just raw?

I've been reading the files... and they are GREAT!

I've read that these remedies work better with good nutrition. Well I am trying to figure out what good nutrition is.

"When it comes to grains, seeds, nuts, and beans, eat only those products that have been sprouted!!! " What does Sprouted mean??? When I buy Grains seeds, nuts and beans from the store what do I do to them.

Thank you in advance,

Leah Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and

members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

ONly got a minute now, but read the article on enzymes and on sprouting..

SuziLeah <edwardsera wrote:

I am looking for ideas and facts on how to eat healthy?

What do you eat for breakfast? lunch? dinner? snacks? I need ideas here:)

What is eating healthy? Do you base every meal on vegetables? are cooked veggies good? or just raw?

I've been reading the files... and they are GREAT!

I've read that these remedies work better with good nutrition. Well I am trying to figure out what good nutrition is.

"When it comes to grains, seeds, nuts, and beans, eat only those products that have been sprouted!!! " What does Sprouted mean??? When I buy Grains seeds, nuts and beans from the store what do I do to them.

Thank you in advance,

Leah Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and

members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington