IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

New to the group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Janene,

Welcome to the group. And I'm glad you're having such a ball in the files. There's a lot of good data and most of what's in there is worth reading and rereading.

Love,

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.505-772-5889Dr.IanShillington

-

janenebg

herbal remedies

Saturday, March 09, 2002 10:10 PM

[herbal remedies] New to the group

I just joined this group today and have spent the last hour reading posts. This is a wonderful list with great information. I do not know much (anything) about herbal medicine, but am very interested. I joined because I have a friend that has psoriasis and needs some help. I make soaps, creams and lotions, so he had asked me to make something for his skin. I have not made anything "healing" before, but did a bit of research, and added a few drops of patchouli, lavender and chamomile essential oils to a cream base I already had made up. It contains calendula infused oil, carrot seed oil and emu oil, so thought it would be a good start for him. It really helped his skin, calmed the itching and made it a bit better looking. But it has not "cured" it. Not surprising - as I don't know what I am doing!Anyway, I looked through the files and saw the recommendations for psoriasis and have a couple of questions. I found the Deep Tissue Repair Oil, but don't know what DMSO is - I told you I don't know what I am doing!I looked for the Jojoba + 9% tea tree oil fomula, but couldn't find it - can you direct me to where that one is located.Now I don't know if I will be able to get him to do the other recommended item - Total Body Cleans, but I can try LOL!Also, how much and how often should he apply these fomulas. Thanks so much, I am going to dive back into the files now as I am so happy I found this group.Janene

Guest guest

amen to that Doc.

suzi

"Ian Shillington N.D." <Dr.IanShillington wrote:

Dear Janene,

Welcome to the group. And I'm glad you're having such a ball in the files. There's a lot of good data and most of what's in there is worth reading and rereading.

Love,

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.505-772-5889Dr.IanShillington

-

janenebg

herbal remedies

Saturday, March 09, 2002 10:10 PM

[herbal remedies] New to the group

I just joined this group today and have spent the last hour reading posts. This is a wonderful list with great information. I do not know much (anything) about herbal medicine, but am very interested. I joined because I have a friend that has psoriasis and needs some help. I make soaps, creams and lotions, so he had asked me to make something for his skin. I have not made anything "healing" before, but did a bit of research, and added a few drops of patchouli, lavender and chamomile essential oils to a cream base I already had made up. It contains calendula infused oil, carrot seed oil and emu oil, so thought it would be a good start for him. It really helped his skin, calmed the itching and made it a bit better looking. But it has not "cured" it. Not surprising - as I don't know what I am doing!Anyway, I looked through the files and saw the recommendations for psoriasis and have a couple of questions. I found the Deep Tissue Repair Oil, but don't know what DMSO is - I told you I don't know what I am doing!I looked for the Jojoba + 9% tea tree oil fomula, but couldn't find it - can you direct me to where that one is located.Now I don't know if I will be able to get him to do the other recommended item - Total Body Cleans, but I can try LOL!Also, how much and how often should he apply these fomulas. Thanks so much, I am going to dive back into the files now as I am so happy I found this group.JaneneFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Hi Robyn and welcome. You will like it here and also find everyone is very

helpful no matter how much you know or don't know. It's a great group to belong

to. Have fun !

Jenn in Or

-

Robyn

Sunday, March 23, 2003 3:32 AM

New to the Group

Hello My name is Robyn and i am here i illinois and i already do

candles and bath and body products.

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.463 / Virus Database: 262 - Release 3/17/2003

Guest guest

Here is Doc's Ear drop remedy --- very good.

1 cup of Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil2 tablespoons of powdered Mullein3 medium sized cloves of garlicThrow in a blender and puree the dickens out of it. Place in a jar and store ina dark place for two weeks. Make sure you shake daily. At the end of two weeksstrain, press and bottle and there you go. Very easy.On a very bad infection, I'll use more garlic and on children I'll use only two, and it's not necessary to wait the two weeks if you need it right away.Again, experiment around to suit your own tastes. Best is to make your batch onthe New Moon and press it on the Full Moon.By Doc.

SuziKathy Gage <kgage wrote:

Hello, All!I am new to the group and I have been enjoying your postings!I have a question for all of you. First, I'd like to give you some background information about me. Please don't eat me alive!I am 28 years old (soon to be 29) and, for most of my life, I've had horrible eating habits. I used to eat fast food twice each day. Surprisingly, I have always been thin, though. Anyway, my health was not all that wonderful. (Are you surprised?) It seemed I was at the doctor's office all the time and had at least 3 medications I was on at all times for one thing or another.One year ago, I decided to get myself in shape NATURALLY. I was tired of doctors and medication. I started taking Herbalife and I LOVE it! I have been so healthy! I have gotten myself off of EVERY medication and have NOT been to the doctor once since I've been on the products. Needless to

say, Herbalife has changed my way of life and thinking about herbs, etc. I am a believer!Having said all of that ... I am trying to learn more about eating better and taking care of my body naturally. Additionally, I am trying to get pregnant.Now that you know my background ... I have seen some of your postings on ear issues. I have an ear infection and DO NOT want to go to the doctor. Since I am new to this group, I do not understand ear candling and everything you've been talking about. Can someone please put all of this in simple terms for someone who is new to all of this stuff? I would really appreciate it as I really want to get rid of this ear infection!Thanks!!Kathy____Get Paid... With Your Free Email athttp://www.zwallet.com/index.html?user=kgage

Guest guest

Garlic Juice in the ear. Feels wierd, but works wonders.

Kathy Gage [kgage]

Friday, July 25, 2003 6:21 AM

herbal remedies

[herbal remedies] New to the Group

Hello, All! I am new to the group and I have been enjoying your postings!

I have a question for all of you. First, I'd like to give you some

background information about me. Please don't eat me alive! I am 28 years

old (soon to be 29) and, for most of my life, I've had horrible eating

habits. I used to eat fast food twice each day. Surprisingly, I have

always been thin, though. Anyway, my health was not all that wonderful.

(Are you surprised?) It seemed I was at the doctor's office all the time

and had at least 3 medications I was on at all times for one thing or

another. One year ago, I decided to get myself in shape NATURALLY. I was

tired of doctors and medication. I started taking Herbalife and I LOVE it!

I have been so healthy! I have gotten myself off of EVERY medication and

have NOT been to the doctor once since I've been on the products. Needless

to say, Herbalife has changed my way of life and thinking about herbs, etc.

I am a believer! Having said all of that ... I am trying to learn more

about eating better and taking care of my body naturally. Additionally, I

am trying to get pregnant. Now that you know my background ... I have seen

some of your postings on ear issues. I have an ear infection and DO NOT

want to go to the doctor. Since I am new to this group, I do not understand

ear candling and everything you've been talking about. Can someone please

put all of this in simple terms for someone who is new to all of this stuff?

I would really appreciate it as I really want to get rid of this ear

infection! Thanks!! Kathy

____

Get Paid... With Your Free Email at

http://www.zwallet.com/index.html?user=kgage

Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural

remedy.

3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and to

prescribe for your own health.

We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as

they behave themselves.

Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person

following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk.

It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from

list members, you are agreeing to

be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and

members free of any liability.

Dr. Ian Shillington

Doctor of Naturopathy

Dr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Actually there are really no similarities between herbal medicine and homeopathy other than they are both no allopathic medicine. herbal medicine has evolved from the practice of using plants to cure from traditonal healers and people healing in their own homes. Modern homeopathy is only just over 200 years old, using natural materials from the plant animal and mineral kingdoms and also articificial materials, energy waves such as x-rays and any thing else that might heal. Homeopathy using tiny diluted amounts of material that has been dynamized by a series of dilutions and succussions. Homeopathy puts the focus on using the energy of the healing material rather than it's chemistry which is rathr more similiar to acupuncture than it is to herbal medicine. Homeopathy believes in treating the person rather than the disease so a remedy is matched to the complete symptom picture of the individiual. Most medicinal herbalists use synergistic blends or more than one medicinal plant in formulas they treat their patients with. Most homeopaths (Not I) believe in using only one remedy at a time , and will often only give a single dose. There are many many more differences between homeopathy and herbal medicine, and as I said before most homeopath (not I) do not believe in using herbal teas or tinctures in conjunction with homeopathic remedies.

"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

-- Albert Einstein

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would

suffice."

– Albert Einstein

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/27/2004 4:35:59 PM US Mountain Standard Time, mommasllammas writes:

Hello--thank you for letting me join this group. I was diagnosed with Graves disease this past year and was hoping to find some information about treating the disease with herbal remedies. Do you have any experience treating this auto immune disorder or hyperthyroidism?I already take hawthorn berry for heart palpatations which my general practioner doesnt belive helps but I definitely know that it does. I belive in herbal remedies and know that they do work. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Yvonne

Boy did you come to the right place!

Look in the files under Dr. Ian Shillington at the total body cleanse for starters!

Also please tell us about your diet and general lifestyle..

God Bless,

Jamie in Az

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/27/2004 5:37:43 PM US Mountain Standard Time, tempo33x writes:

Heart palpitations? I stopped mine in one day with Magnesium Chloride. (magnesium is for the nerves)

What was your dosage?

Guest guest

Heart palpitations? I stopped mine in one day with Magnesium

Chloride. (magnesium is for the nerves)

herbal remedies , " Yvonne "

<mommasllammas> wrote:

> Hello--

>

> thank you for letting me join this group. I was diagnosed with

> Graves disease this past year and was hoping to find some

information

> about treating the disease with herbal remedies. Do you have any

> experience treating this auto immune disorder or hyperthyroidism?

> I already take hawthorn berry for heart palpatations which my

general

> practioner doesnt belive helps but I definitely know that it

does. I

> belive in herbal remedies and know that they do work. Any info

would

> be greatly appreciated.

>

> Thank you

> Yvonne

Guest guest

HI Yvonne and Welcome

If you do a search on Thyroid or hypothyroid, you will see that much

has been posted in the last 2 to 3 months. Some pages will come up

empty, but keep clicking on the " next button " until it grays out

which means there are no more messages with this subject. Most of

the stuff is on basic hypo-thyroid which i know some will apply to

you, but you will have special needs due to auto-immune.

But before you head out to do the search, request Doc's free tape

(ASAP) there is so much packed onto that tape and it is THE best

place to start.

You're going to hear alot about " THE CLEANSE " or the " Total Body

Cleanse " (one-in-the-same) this will be important and all

information is in the files.

I'm wiped out right now, or I'd write more, but i think you will have

more than enough to digest by digging into the files.

Sylvia

herbal remedies , " Yvonne " <mommasllammas>

wrote:

> Hello--

>

> thank you for letting me join this group. I was diagnosed with

> Graves disease this past year and was hoping to find some

information

> about treating the disease with herbal remedies. Do you have any

> experience treating this auto immune disorder or hyperthyroidism?

> I already take hawthorn berry for heart palpatations which my

general

> practioner doesnt belive helps but I definitely know that it does.

I

> belive in herbal remedies and know that they do work. Any info

would

> be greatly appreciated.

>

> Thank you

> Yvonne

Guest guest

Yeah, what she said. And don't forget to ask for the free tape lecture from Doc. This will fill you in on a lot of groundwork everyone else (or most everyone) here has already had. From there you could give us more real information with which we could help you.

By the way, your right. It can be fixed through herbs and Hawthorn is excellent for the heart.

Zeb

-

Yvonne

herbal remedies

Tuesday, April 27, 2004 7:33 PM

Herbal Remedies - new to the group

Hello--thank you for letting me join this group. I was diagnosed with Graves disease this past year and was hoping to find some information about treating the disease with herbal remedies. Do you have any experience treating this auto immune disorder or hyperthyroidism?I already take hawthorn berry for heart palpatations which my general practioner doesnt belive helps but I definitely know that it does. I belive in herbal remedies and know that they do work. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you YvonneFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

I would think your after mild winters and not much rain. Arizona or New Mexico

maybe west Texas. jim

> I am 40 and suffered from an auto accident about 17 years ago. It

> seems that old arthur is setting in. Can anyone suggest some of the

> best places to live. Currently I am on disability and work is not a

> problem. I just have to find some relief somewhere. I thank all

> you in advance for your support.

>

> Mark

>

> o,,

> p.s. i would like to stay in the states. dont want ot move out of

> the country.

>

> thanks again

>

Guest guest

Hi Mark,

To deal with that problem, I think that you might benefit from trying to change

the inner terrain rather than any outer terrain.

To start with you could do a search on arthritis in our archives.

Also peruse our links page.

good luck,

Frank

, " idphoneman "

<marks_38@h...> wrote:

> seems that old arthur is setting in. Can anyone suggest some of

the

> best places to live. Currently I am on disability and work is not

a

>

> Mark

>

> o,,

> the country.

>

> thanks again

Guest guest

Mark,

Please read this page:

http://www.westonaprice.org/askdoctor/ask_joints.html

Also this page:

http://www.mercola.com/2003/jan/11/cold_winter.htm

Laura

, " idphoneman "

<marks_38@h...> wrote:

> seems that old arthur is setting in. Can anyone suggest some of

the

> best places to live. Currently I am on disability and work is not

a

>

> Mark

>

> o,,

> the country.

>

> thanks again

Guest guest

At 4yrs old, my grandson ate everything we did.

Instead of milk, try Almond Milk and or Almond cheese. Lots of kids

(and adults) cant handle Dairy.

Also, if your child eats alot of bread, try sprouted wheat breads

instead of regular store bought stuff.

All grains, beans and seeds should be sprouted.

Request the free tape from Doc it will talk about all this and TONS

more.

And Welcome Cass!

Sylvia

herbal remedies , " cassidid " <cassmaster@m...>

wrote:

> Hello I am new to the group. I'm Cassidy and i have a 14 month old

that is either lactose

> intolerant or has IBS. Unfortunately she is quite a picky eater.

Does anyone have ideas for

> palatable food that is 4-teeth friendly? Also, hypothyroidism runs

rampant in my family so

> soy should be limited. Especially sources of protein are invaluable

so ideas are greatly

> appreciated. Thanx a lot.

> --Cass

Guest guest

Hey everybody, this is my sister Cass. Her little one is named Emry. When she says she needs help, she means it. Her little one has been plagued for awhile now. No vaccinations have been given and she eats a good organic diet. She is still breastfed as well.

cassidid [cassmaster] Thursday, May 20, 2004 12:10 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - New to the groupHello I am new to the group. I'm Cassidy and i have a 14 month old that is either lactose intolerant or has IBS. Unfortunately she is quite a picky eater. Does anyone have ideas for palatable food that is 4-teeth friendly? Also, hypothyroidism runs rampant in my family so soy should be limited. Especially sources of protein are invaluable so ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanx a lot.--Cass Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004

Guest guest

Hi Cass,

For milk-alternative, you can try almond milk (sprouted) or ricemilk. For IBS, make sure that ALL the grains, nuts, seeds and beans are sprouted prior to preparing for eating. That will help the digestion. BTW, almonds are a good source of protein. Or organic poultry.

love

Lisa

-

Lauren Bastow

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 10:35 PM

RE: Herbal Remedies - New to the group

Hey everybody, this is my sister Cass. Her little one is named Emry. When she says she needs help, she means it. Her little one has been plagued for awhile now. No vaccinations have been given and she eats a good organic diet. She is still breastfed as well.

cassidid [cassmaster] Thursday, May 20, 2004 12:10 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - New to the groupHello I am new to the group. I'm Cassidy and i have a 14 month old that is either lactose intolerant or has IBS. Unfortunately she is quite a picky eater. Does anyone have ideas for palatable food that is 4-teeth friendly? Also, hypothyroidism runs rampant in my family so soy should be limited. Especially sources of protein are invaluable so ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanx a lot.--Cass Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004

Guest guest

Laura....Welcome ! Doc Shillington himself had an episode with a blood clot

which he very succesfully handled naturally. If you look in the files in the

article entitiled " Varicose Veins " there is alot of info there . My other

suggestions are to take Cayenne Tincture ( will replace other herbs)daily ,

Udo'd Oil ( this will have your omega 3 oils ) , Panther Piss , Total

Nutrition , along with what is in the Varicose Vein article. Hope this helps

-

" rockhopper423 " <rockhopper423

<herbal remedies >

Saturday, October 02, 2004 3:15 PM

Herbal Remedies - New to the group

>

>

>

Guest guest

I have been listening to an audio newsletter from A Healthier You that is

talking about Hawthorn berry syrup. I am sorry I can't be of much help as I

am learning this right now and haven't finished listening, but in it David

Christopher (son of Dr. Christopher the founder of the School of Natural

Healing) mentions coumadin. You might call the school (website is

www.snh.cc ) or maybe it is already up for sale on the website. As for

birth control- check out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It is

great and will teach you how to chart the signs of your body to either avoid

or acheive pregnancy. With the aid of that book I was able to chart despite

still nursing full time and not having a period so that I knew the first

time I ovulated and therefore knew date of conception of my daughter. If

you go by my last period I would have had a 2 yr old when I delivered ;)

Marisa

Domestic Engineer and Mother of 2

God put Adam and Eve in a Garden NOT a Pharmacy!

>

> rockhopper423 [rockhopper423]

> Saturday, October 02, 2004 3:16 PM

> herbal remedies

> Herbal Remedies - New to the group

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello, my name is Laura and I am new here. I have recently been

> doing quite a bit of research on herbs to help my condition. I

> didn't even realize there was so many things out there to help so

> many conditions until the past few weeks. In any case, I was

> diagnosed with a blood clot in the vein in my leg (deep vein

> thrombosis or dvt) and had a pulmonary embolism (blood clot that

> broke off from my leg and traveled to my lung which is potentially

> life threatening) back in June. The doctor has put me on coumadin,

> which is a drug that prevents your blood from clotting as fast so

> that my body can dissolve the clot and the coumadin also prevents me

> from getting another pulmonary embolism. I am scheduled to come off

> this medicine in December and I can't wait because the stuff is

> horrible, but now, because of the dvt, the vein in my leg is most

> likely damaged and I will have swelling because of chronic venous

> insufficiency and possibly a reoccurance because of the damaged vein

> and possible scar tissue from the clot. I have been researching

> different herbs to take to help me with this condition and my doctor

> is very open to herbal treatments also, she just doesn't know enough

> about the different ones to recommend anything specific. I have

> been looking at the following herbs:

>

> Bromelain, horse chestnut, omega-3, vitamin e, butcher's broom,

> nattokinase, white willow.

>

> I was hoping that someone on this group could help me figure out

> which ones to take and how much of each and any other suggestions

> you might have that could benefit me. The reason I probably got the

> clot to begin with was from birth control pills, which I am now off

> of.

>

> Any advice would be appreciated, the more I read and learn about the

> healing power of herbs the more I want to know, it's absolutly

> facinating to me that these things have always been around me and I

> never knew about what they could do for me. Had I known, I might

> not have gotten this clot in the first place.

>

> Thanks,

> Laura

>

>

>

Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

> 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

> 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any

> natural remedy.

> 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own

> physician and to

> prescribe for your own health.

> We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here

> as long as

> they behave themselves.

> Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and

> any person

> following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk.

> It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or

> products from list members, you are agreeing to

> be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner

> and members free of any liability.

>

> Dr. Ian Shillington

> Doctor of Naturopathy

> Dr.IanShillington

>

Guest guest

Sarah,

I was also on Neurontin for a while and it

is NOT fun…..I’m also fairly new to the group (it’s a fabulous

group btw everyone J ) I have been diagnosed with MS for five or six years so I

understand the whole medicine thing….luckily I have a fabulous doctor

that is willingly to sit with me and discuss natural approaches…..I’m

by no means an expert and joined this group pretty much to learn more and have

a place to ask (which of course is great) but I’ve found things

like, cutting regular salt completely out of my family’s diet, I only use

butter, olive oil or like peanut oil or something. I use sea salt, which

I think actually tastes better than “table” salt and is readily

available. I don’t use any margarine and the cool part is my little

sister graduates with her Master’s in Physical Therapy and has had some

excellent Nutrition classes so she came home and said “’Chelle you

were right, margarine isn’t a great idea” was really

funny. Also I’ve noticed a reduction in headaches, nerve pain etc

when I cut out meat from my diet…..I still however eat fish and

seafood. I’ve gotten away from that and will be getting back to it

cuz I feel a lot better. Of course organic anything or home grown

anything is always great but especially with beef and chicken…..the meat

is so filled with hormones, anti-biotics etc, they can interact with other

medicines etc.

As for the headaches, migraines…….I

totally differ to the experts in the group on this….but some amazing

things can be done with aromatherapy, with things such as lavender, chamomile and

peppermint. Very often severe headaches and migraines can be traced back

to diet, I really suggest using sea salt it really is good. But seriously

its often dehydration or something in the diet. I found that even though

I drank a lot of water, I wasn’t paying attention to how much

salt/sodium, preservatives and caffeine were in the foods I ate and drank, so

drinking water is great…..til you realize there are other things the kind

of counteract that.

Sorry for the rambling, my experience is a

good cup of chamomile tea helps my headaches and aromatherapy is great cuz you

can find things in bath oils or crystals (good excuse to pamper yourself with a

good bath), also reflexology did well for my headaches.

Have a fantastic New Year Everyone!

Michelle Brown

East Stroudsburg,

PA

mwnotes

Guest guest

Hi Sarah,

Sounds like you've hit the Downward Spiral of Disease (see Doc's files on the website for the article on this), and the best ways of reversing this is:

1. do the Total Body Cleanse

2. switch to organic only food, with possibly cutting out things like diary and perhaps meat.

3. exercise

love

Lisa

-

?????

herbal remedies

Wednesday, December 29, 2004 10:49 AM

Herbal Remedies - New to the group

Hello all.I found this group today because my frustration with "doctor" prescribed meds has frustrated me.I have suffered from chronic head aches and migraines, and have tried a few different regimines. The latest combo of them is neurontin, atenolol, and fluoexetine. Noone told me of the side effects of the neurontin or I would have never agreed to go on it. it caused major depression, anxiety, memory issues, sexual side effects (for the worste), among others. Then they put me on the fluoxetine to counter act the depression/anxiety that the neurontin was causing. I was put on the atenolol as a preventitive measure when I had a severe migraine that mimiced a stroke. Right now I don't have any health insurance, and have been off my meds for about a week, and I can't believe the difference in how I feel. The sexual thing was HUGE for me...or the lack of...(I'm 27, been married almost 11 years, and I'm not willing to give that part up yet). I'm a little concerned about stopping the atenolol because once you stop taking it, it can cause your blood pressure to rise. I've suffered from insomnia for years. I had a sleep study done and it showed that in a 6 hour period of sleeping I had 39 arousals (brain activity waking me up) which explained exactly what I'd been telling them. It also showed that I have an extremely hard time getting into the REM stage of sleep. after 6 hours, I finally got there, then was woken up after 15 minutes. On occasion I will take benadryl for a sleep aid, because it's non-habit forming, and women can take it during pregnancy.I'm not wanting to be on a preventitive migraine med, they have too many side effects, I'd rather be on something to treat the migraine when/if I get one. I've read up on valerian root, and that sounds pretty good to me, but I'm skeptical about alot of things, just not sure who's opinion to trust. I'm all over taking one particular herb that has multiple benefits.Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!Thanks,Sarah

Guest guest

Hi Carlos,

Have a browse through the files on this website - there is information there on how to make things, as well as LOTS of other information!!

love

Lisa

-

carlos

herbal remedies

Thursday, December 30, 2004 5:38 PM

Herbal Remedies - new to the group

HI all, my name is Carlos and I'm new in this group , I have been anactive user of herbs and supplements for quite a long time, recentlymy wife has had surgery for a tumor on her bladder an now she istaking different kinds of naturopathic products and herbs . we arehaving problems with the making of taheebo , the tea looks sort oflight, mainly to me, the problem is that we do no have a lot ofexperience making a tea that has to be as perfect as possible, doesanybody knows of a way to make it or a web site that look serious ,that gives directions on real methods used by herbalists to makethey products, or even a book.ThanksCarlos

Guest guest

Hello Jon,

Welcome to Herbal Remedies!

Valerian is in my herbal pantry and is an effective antispasmodic, aromatic, anodyne, nervine,

stimulant and tonic. Feel confident in using it. It is an excellent nerve tonic...very quieting and soothing. (my son, diabetic...still asks for it)

Building muscle is an equation of nutrient dense foods high in protein and calories,

plus free heavy-weight training.

To build muscle you must eat the right foods in the right quantities. If you are not getting -1- gram of protein per pound of body weight, then you will not gain muscle.

Learn to measure and calculate your daily intake of food.

Eat -6- meals a day. Eat every -3- hours.

Dieting and weight training both work together. The weight training overloads the muscles and stimulate growth, while the food you eat provides the necessary building blocks to repair and build new muscle tissue.

A good strong diet with plenty of protein is essential, including organic meat, organic whole grains, fresh and dried fruits, organic vegetables, organic juices, organic nuts, fermented milk, roots, beans, legumes et al.

If you can't get that, then the first supplement you need is WHEY PROTEIN and or Meal Replacement Powder. MRPs consist of whey protein and maltodextrin (a carbohydrate)

They are designed to be quick meal substitutes. Another is Creatine Monohydrate. Creatine has been proven to increase strength and muscle endurance which will enable you to lift heavier weights and ultimately stimulate more muscle growth.

Remember, the best way to gain muscle mass quickly is to use free weights. You must focus on compound free-weight exercises and lift heavy challenging weights. This will stimulate the largest amount of muscle fibers. Your body responds to this stimulus by increasing your muscle mass.

To stimulate your appetite take -1- tsp. of dandelion, wormwood, hyssop or yarrow juice in water -15- minutes before meals.

Swedish Bitters are an old proven combination of bitter herbs that stimulate bile flow and aid digestion. Take -1- tsp. before and after meals.

Green leafy herbs, especially alfalfa, are highly nourishing and stimulate appetite.

Take 1 tsp. fresh juice before breakfast and lunch

For well being:

Egyptian Blue Lotus, a sedative, antispasmodic and ethnogen was used in ancient Egypt as a key to good health, sex and rebirth.

An aphrodisiac for both men and women as well as a general remedy for all illnesses. Enhancing sexual vigor and general good health. A tonic like ginseng, only richer, pain reliever like arnica, circulation stimulant, only better and richer than ginkgo biloba. Creating a feeling of well being, euphoria and ecstasy, without being a narcotic.

It grows along lakes and rivers in wet soil, indigenous to Tanzania, Kenya.

All of this information has been beneficial in my life with health/weight gaining issues.

....hope this information will help and motivate you.

BE Blessed in the right use of Knowledge...JOYintheMorning...

Jon <iamejon wrote:

Hello, I just joined your wonderful group. I hope to learn much about natural herbal remedies. I had a friend tell me about valerian and will soon try this supplement to see if it indeed is relaxing. I was wondering what herbal supplements exist for building muscle fot weight training and also what herbals might create a nice peaceful feeling of well being?Thank you and have a wonderful day.JonFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as

long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

It depends on how long this ailment has been bothering

you and what kind of ailment it is. Some like my head

colds respond right away. others like my hubbys

arthritus take longer because of the place it is But

it should not take longer than 2 weeks I would think

that is my experiance.

Pat M

--- zoeyhannah <tamchev wrote:

> Hi! I'm a new member and hope to learn a bit about

> herbal remedies.

>

> I do have a question. If you are taking

> herbs/suppliments for a

> specific ailment, usually how long until you will

> notice an

> improvement in your condition? I have taken herbs

> before but get

> impatient (or didn't notice any improvement) and

> stop taking them. Or

> is it different for each person?

>

> T.C.

>

>

>

>

>

" Do not be afraid of enemies; the worst they can do is to kill you. Do

not be afraid of friends; the worst they can do is betray you. Be afraid of the

indifferent; they do not kill or betray. But only because of their silent

agreement, betrayal and murder exist on earth. "

- - -- Bruno Yasienski - " The Plot of the Indifferent " (1937)