IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Insomnia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Barb

I would be grateful for more information about the sleep system that you use. I too have M.E. with Fibromyalgia and I am having a bad time at the moment with disrupted sleep patterns

I live in Europe so I hope that this is available here

Regards

Marion

----

09/21/04 15:19:30

Re: insomnia

In a message dated 9/20/2004 11:23:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

I have tried all the tricks to beat insomnia to no avail. Sleep is so important that I finally gave in and take one half of a 10mg. of Ambien. I dislike taking medication for this like your father, but I had to do something. JudyDoes anyone know different ways to overcome insomnia? My father experiences that a few times a week and is trying not to take any medication. Thank you very much. Bta

I used to have the insomnia that went along with fibromylagia. It used to take me several hours to fall asleep, and when I finally did fall asleep, any little noise or movement would cause me to wake up again. I was not getting into a deep,stage four sleep. It was the part of the cycle that was causing the aches of the fibro.

For the last 6 years, I have been sleeping on a sleep system that has natural magnetic energy, and I no longer have those problems. The natural energy relaxes the body, When I started sleeping, the aches and all of the associated symptoms went away, as well. I also take a supplement with an evening blend of valerian root and lemon balm, which also contains calcium and magnesium, which are better absorbed at night.

Ambien should never be taken for long periods of time. It can be addictive.

Barb

RN, Health and Wellness Consultant*************************************Energy technology products, help for sleep & discomfort Energized air treatment, w/ 5 filtering technologies Energized Water to oxygenate & alkalize, w/ coral calciumPackaged whole foods that are organic, non-GMO and macrobioticNatural whole food dietary supplementsWeighted exercise shoes - increase metabolism, burn calories, toneRife technology, rebounders, Transfer Factor Pluswhole colostrum, cesium, T-Plus Aloe (pp. 429-231 in "Politics in Healing")Natural & non chemical makeup, shampoo, cleansers**************************************«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§ - PULSE ON WORLD HEALTH CONSPIRACIES! §Subscribe:......... - To :.... - Any information here in is for educational purpose only, it may be news related, purely speculation or someone's opinion. Always consult with a qualified health practitioner before deciding on any course of treatment, especially for serious or life-threatening illnesses.**COPYRIGHT NOTICE**In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

__ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click HereBuy Quality Inkjet Cartridges & Refill Kits for your Printer at MyInks.com

Guest guest

I tried Melatonin but it did not help me at all, I am looking for SAFE alternatives because valerian does not work for me also

Regards

Marion

----

09/22/04 06:54:15

Re: Insomnia

Melatonin works for me and I haven't had any side effects. I don't feel drugged the next morning. Try it - you might find it helps. judy <ramcd wrote: I have tried all the tricks to beat insomnia to no avail. Sleep is so important that I finally gave in and take one half of a 10mg. of Ambien. I dislike taking medication for this like your father, but I had to do something.Judy- "bta1012003" <bta101Saturday, September 18, 2004 12:46 PM InsomniaDoes anyone know different ways to overcome insomnia? My fatherexperiences that a few times a week and is trying not to take anymedication.Thank you very much.Bta«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§ - PULSE ON WORLD HEALTH CONSPIRACIES! §Subscribe:......... - To :.... - Any information here in is for educational purpose only, it may be news related, purely speculation or someone's opinion. Always consult with a qualified health practitioner before deciding on any course of treatment, especially for serious or life-threatening illnesses.**COPYRIGHT NOTICE**In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Guest guest

I have tried all the tricks to beat insomnia to no avail. Sleep is so important that I finally gave in and take one half of a 10mg. of Ambien. I dislike taking medication for this like your father, but I had to do something. JudyDoes anyone know different ways to overcome insomnia? My father experiences that a few times a week and is trying not to take any medication. Thank you very much. Bta

I used to have the insomnia that went along with fibromylagia. It used to take me several hours to fall asleep, and when I finally did fall asleep, any little noise or movement would cause me to wake up again. I was not getting into a deep,stage four sleep. It was the part of the cycle that was causing the aches of the fibro.

For the last 6 years, I have been sleeping on a sleep system that has natural magnetic energy, and I no longer have those problems. The natural energy relaxes the body, When I started sleeping, the aches and all of the associated symptoms went away, as well. I also take a supplement with an evening blend of valerian root and lemon balm, which also contains calcium and magnesium, which are better absorbed at night.

Barb

RN, Health and Wellness Consultant*************************************Energy technology products, help for sleep & discomfort Energized air treatment, w/ 5 filtering technologies Energized Water to oxygenate & alkalize, w/ coral calciumPackaged whole foods that are organic, non-GMO and macrobioticNatural whole food dietary supplementsWeighted exercise shoes - increase metabolism, burn calories, toneRife technology, rebounders, Transfer Factor Pluswhole colostrum, cesium, T-Plus Aloe (pp. 429-231 in "Politics in Healing")Natural & non chemical makeup, shampoo, cleansers**************************************

Guest guest

Try Valerian Tea. When I had trouble getting to sleep I would brew some Valerian tea. One word of caution, throw the empty tea bags into the garbage right away, if you put it in the waste basket in the house, may have a wee bit of an odor. You will develop a taste for it.

June

-

Bjohnsonrn

Tuesday, September 21, 2004 7:18 AM

Re: insomnia

Barb

RN, Health and Wellness Consultant*************************************Energy technology products, help for sleep & discomfort Energized air treatment, w/ 5 filtering technologies Energized Water to oxygenate & alkalize, w/ coral calciumPackaged whole foods that are organic, non-GMO and macrobioticNatural whole food dietary supplementsWeighted exercise shoes - increase metabolism, burn calories, toneRife technology, rebounders, Transfer Factor Pluswhole colostrum, cesium, T-Plus Aloe (pp. 429-231 in "Politics in Healing")Natural & non chemical makeup, shampoo, cleansers**************************************«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§ - PULSE ON WORLD HEALTH CONSPIRACIES! §Subscribe:......... - To :.... - Any information here in is for educational purpose only, it may be news related, purely speculation or someone's opinion. Always consult with a qualified health practitioner before deciding on any course of treatment, especially for serious or life-threatening illnesses.**COPYRIGHT NOTICE**In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Guest guest

Melatonin works for me and I haven't had any side effects. I don't feel drugged the next morning. Try it - you might find it helps. judy <ramcd wrote:

I have tried all the tricks to beat insomnia to no avail. Sleep is so important that I finally gave in and take one half of a 10mg. of Ambien. I dislike taking medication for this like your father, but I had to do something.Judy- "bta1012003" <bta101Saturday, September 18, 2004 12:46 PM InsomniaDoes anyone know different ways to overcome insomnia? My fatherexperiences that a few times a week and is trying not to take anymedication.Thank you very much.Bta«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§ - PULSE ON WORLD HEALTH CONSPIRACIES! §Subscribe:......... - To :.... - Any information here in is for educational purpose only, it may be news related, purely speculation or someone's opinion. Always consult with a qualified health practitioner before deciding on any course of treatment, especially for serious or life-threatening illnesses.**COPYRIGHT NOTICE**In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Guest guest

Hi Judy,

I know several people (inclduing my 28 yrs old coworker and my 60 yrs old mom) taking PNT200 with great success. You can find it here: http://tinyurl.com/29ey9 You can click on Shop Online menu on top and choose PNT 200 to view the product info, studies and patents. That's why I allow my mom to take it.

Best regards,

David

judy <ramcd wrote:

I have tried all the tricks to beat insomnia to no avail. Sleep is so important that I finally gave in and take one half of a 10mg. of Ambien. I dislike taking medication for this like your father, but I had to do something.Judy- "bta1012003" <bta101Saturday, September 18, 2004 12:46 PM InsomniaDoes anyone know different ways to overcome insomnia? My father experiences that a few times a week and is trying not to take any medication.Thank you very much.Bta

Guest guest

> I tried Melatonin but it did not help me at all, I am looking for SAFE

> alternatives because valerian does not work for me also

>

> Regards

> Marion

Dr. Hoffer has been taking the orthomolecular approach to insomnia

also for more than 40 years. That is, vitamins and minerals. If you

have deficiencies in these, why use drugs or herbs?

regards,

Duncan Crow

Guest guest

I have tried every natural supplement including melatonin. None of those work-wish they did.

Judy

-

Cassandra Mason

Wednesday, September 22, 2004 1:54 AM

Melatonin works for me and I haven't had any side effects. I don't feel drugged the next morning. Try it - you might find it helps. judy <ramcd wrote: I have tried all the tricks to beat insomnia to no avail. Sleep is so important that I finally gave in and take one half of a 10mg. of Ambien. I dislike taking medication for this like your father, but I had to do something.Judy- "bta1012003" <bta101Saturday, September 18, 2004 12:46 PM InsomniaDoes anyone know different ways to overcome insomnia? My fatherexperiences that a few times a week and is trying not to take anymedication.Thank you very much.Bta«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§ - PULSE ON WORLD HEALTH CONSPIRACIES! §Subscribe:......... - To :.... - Any information here in is for educational purpose only, it may be news related, purely speculation or someone's opinion. Always consult with a qualified health practitioner before deciding on any course of treatment, especially for serious or life-threatening illnesses.**COPYRIGHT NOTICE**In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Guest guest

It's not a quick fix, but a long time ago, I decided to try

self-hypnosis. Got a book, did the exercises, they put me to sleep.

For years after that, I could make myself instantly fall asleep

anywhere just by sort of going through a very shortened form of the

exercises.

Joy

, " judy " <ramcd@m...> wrote:

> I have tried every natural supplement including melatonin. None of

those work-wish they did.

> Judy

Guest guest

I'm sure it would work for some. I can't even be successful at meditation.

Tried sessions -no luck. I have a mind stuffed full and can not turn it

off. Usually I read novels and that gets me to the sleepy stage.

-

" joyinthewoods " <peessnic

Wednesday, September 22, 2004 5:23 PM

It's not a quick fix, but a long time ago, I decided to try

self-hypnosis. Got a book, did the exercises, they put me to sleep.

For years after that, I could make myself instantly fall asleep

anywhere just by sort of going through a very shortened form of the

exercises.

Joy

, " judy " <ramcd@m...> wrote:

those work-wish they did.

> Judy

«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»

§ - PULSE ON WORLD HEALTH CONSPIRACIES! §

Subscribe:......... -

To :.... -

Any information here in is for educational purpose only, it may be news

related, purely speculation or someone's opinion. Always consult with a

qualified health practitioner before deciding on any course of treatment,

especially for serious or life-threatening illnesses.

**COPYRIGHT NOTICE**

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,

any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without

profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving

the included information for non-profit research and educational purposes

only. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Guest guest

Have you tried L-Ornithine? or another that helps some is Kava-kava? Joy

judy wrote:

> those work-wish they did.

> Judy

>

>

Guest guest

UG June.. Valerian tea!!! LOL I can not get past the

SMELL!! Maybe if it was in capsules???

One other thing to try would be Dr Jeffrey Thompson's

Brain Wave entrainment cd's.. He has several in the

Delta (deep sleep) range. Gifted Gifted man!! Works

for anxiety too. For Anxiety .. try the Alpha/Theta or

Theta cd's.. All you hear is rain falling or soft

surf.. underneath it is a bi-nueral beat to get your

brain waves to follow.

Lynda

--- June1 <june1 wrote:

> Try Valerian Tea. When I had trouble getting to

> sleep I would brew some Valerian tea. One word of

> caution, throw the empty tea bags into the garbage

> right away, if you put it in the waste basket in the

> house, may have a wee bit of an odor. You will

> develop a taste for it.

> June

> -

> Bjohnsonrn

>

> Tuesday, September 21, 2004 7:18 AM

> Re: insomnia

>

>

> In a message dated 9/20/2004 11:23:28 AM Eastern

> Standard Time,

> writes:

> I have tried all the tricks to beat insomnia to

> no avail. Sleep is so important that I finally gave

> in and take one half of a 10mg. of Ambien. I

> dislike taking medication for this like your father,

> but I had to do something. Judy

>

>

> Does anyone know different ways to overcome

> insomnia? My father experiences that a few times a

> week and is trying not to take any medication.

> Thank you very much. Bta

> I used to have the insomnia that went along with

> fibromylagia. It used to take me several hours to

> fall asleep, and when I finally did fall asleep, any

> little noise or movement would cause me to wake up

> again. I was not getting into a deep,stage four

> sleep. It was the part of the cycle that was

> causing the aches of the fibro.

>

> For the last 6 years, I have been sleeping on a

> sleep system that has natural magnetic energy, and I

> no longer have those problems. The natural energy

> relaxes the body, When I started sleeping, the

> aches and all of the associated symptoms went away,

> as well. I also take a supplement with an evening

> blend of valerian root and lemon balm, which also

> contains calcium and magnesium, which are better

> absorbed at night.

>

> Ambien should never be taken for long periods of

> time. It can be addictive.

>

> Barb

> RN, Health and Wellness Consultant

> *************************************

> Energy technology products, help for sleep &

> discomfort

> Energized air treatment, w/ 5 filtering

> technologies

> Energized Water to oxygenate & alkalize, w/ coral

> calcium

> Packaged whole foods that are organic, non-GMO and

> macrobiotic

> Natural whole food dietary supplements

> Weighted exercise shoes - increase metabolism,

> burn calories, tone

> Rife technology, rebounders, Transfer Factor Plus

> whole colostrum, cesium, T-Plus Aloe (pp. 429-231

> in " Politics in Healing " )

> Natural & non chemical makeup, shampoo, cleansers

> **************************************

>

>

>

>

«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»

>

> § - PULSE ON WORLD HEALTH

> CONSPIRACIES! §

>

> Subscribe:.........

> -

> To :....

> -

>

> Any information here in is for educational purpose

> only, it may be news related, purely speculation or

> someone's opinion. Always consult with a qualified

> health practitioner before deciding on any course of

> treatment, especially for serious or

> life-threatening illnesses.

> **COPYRIGHT NOTICE**

> In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,

> any copyrighted work in this message is

> distributed under fair use without profit or payment

> to those who have expressed a prior interest in

> receiving the included information for non-profit

> research and educational purposes only.

> http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I love the smell of valerian. Very earthily soothing or something.

, Lynda Brasier <susoni@s...>

wrote:

> UG June.. Valerian tea!!! LOL I can not get past the

> SMELL!! Maybe if it was in capsules???

>

Guest guest

They do have capsules, but the tea, you will adapt. It does work, but I do

stick the tea bags outside. Maybe it will kill skeeters.

Hah

June

-

" Lynda Brasier " <susoni

Wednesday, September 22, 2004 6:24 PM

Re: Re: insomnia

> UG June.. Valerian tea!!! LOL I can not get past the

> SMELL!! Maybe if it was in capsules???

>

> One other thing to try would be Dr Jeffrey Thompson's

> Brain Wave entrainment cd's.. He has several in the

> Delta (deep sleep) range. Gifted Gifted man!! Works

> for anxiety too. For Anxiety .. try the Alpha/Theta or

> Theta cd's.. All you hear is rain falling or soft

> surf.. underneath it is a bi-nueral beat to get your

> brain waves to follow.

>

> Lynda

>

> --- June1 <june1 wrote:

>

> > Try Valerian Tea. When I had trouble getting to

> > sleep I would brew some Valerian tea. One word of

> > caution, throw the empty tea bags into the garbage

> > right away, if you put it in the waste basket in the

> > house, may have a wee bit of an odor. You will

> > develop a taste for it.

> > June

> > -

> > Bjohnsonrn

> >

> > Tuesday, September 21, 2004 7:18 AM

> > Re: insomnia

> >

> >

> > In a message dated 9/20/2004 11:23:28 AM Eastern

> > Standard Time,

> > writes:

> > I have tried all the tricks to beat insomnia to

> > no avail. Sleep is so important that I finally gave

> > in and take one half of a 10mg. of Ambien. I

> > dislike taking medication for this like your father,

> > but I had to do something. Judy

> >

> >

> > Does anyone know different ways to overcome

> > insomnia? My father experiences that a few times a

> > week and is trying not to take any medication.

> > Thank you very much. Bta

> > I used to have the insomnia that went along with

> > fibromylagia. It used to take me several hours to

> > fall asleep, and when I finally did fall asleep, any

> > little noise or movement would cause me to wake up

> > again. I was not getting into a deep,stage four

> > sleep. It was the part of the cycle that was

> > causing the aches of the fibro.

> >

> > For the last 6 years, I have been sleeping on a

> > sleep system that has natural magnetic energy, and I

> > no longer have those problems. The natural energy

> > relaxes the body, When I started sleeping, the

> > aches and all of the associated symptoms went away,

> > as well. I also take a supplement with an evening

> > blend of valerian root and lemon balm, which also

> > contains calcium and magnesium, which are better

> > absorbed at night.

> >

> > Ambien should never be taken for long periods of

> > time. It can be addictive.

> >

> > Barb

> > RN, Health and Wellness Consultant

> > *************************************

> > Energy technology products, help for sleep &

> > discomfort

> > Energized air treatment, w/ 5 filtering

> > technologies

> > Energized Water to oxygenate & alkalize, w/ coral

> > calcium

> > Packaged whole foods that are organic, non-GMO and

> > macrobiotic

> > Natural whole food dietary supplements

> > Weighted exercise shoes - increase metabolism,

> > burn calories, tone

> > Rife technology, rebounders, Transfer Factor Plus

> > whole colostrum, cesium, T-Plus Aloe (pp. 429-231

> > in " Politics in Healing " )

> > Natural & non chemical makeup, shampoo, cleansers

> > **************************************

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤

»

> >

> > § - PULSE ON WORLD HEALTH

> > CONSPIRACIES! §

> >

> > Subscribe:.........

> > -

> > To :....

> > -

> >

> > Any information here in is for educational purpose

> > only, it may be news related, purely speculation or

> > someone's opinion. Always consult with a qualified

> > health practitioner before deciding on any course of

> > treatment, especially for serious or

> > life-threatening illnesses.

> > **COPYRIGHT NOTICE**

> > In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,

> > any copyrighted work in this message is

> > distributed under fair use without profit or payment

> > to those who have expressed a prior interest in

> > receiving the included information for non-profit

> > research and educational purposes only.

> > http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Kava Kava has been withdrawn from the market in Europe because there have been several deaths from liver failure

If you can get it, I know that Lavender tea is deeply sedative (but don't try to prepare the herb yourself as you may get the wrong amounts and like many herbs it can be toxic)

Marion

----

09/23/04 01:45:57

Have you tried L-Ornithine? or another that helps some is Kava-kava? Joy

judy wrote:

> those work-wish they did.

> Judy

>

>

Guest guest

> I have tried all the tricks to beat insomnia to no avail. Sleep is

> so important that I finally gave in and take one half of a 10mg. of

> Ambien. I dislike taking medication for this like your father, but I

> had to do something. Judy

Have you tried what Dr. Abram Hoffer, the father of orthomolecular

medicine, has been using successfully for more than 40 years?

Essentially high-dose b vitamins and minerals?

Duncan Crow

http://profiles./duncancrow/

--- live and help live... ---

Guest guest

Valerian, lemon balm are couple :)

Sleeptime Spray

Materials:

Glass atomizer

Water

Lavender pure essential oil

Roman chamomile pure essential oil

Geranium essential oil

First, pour cup of water into atomizer. Then, add 8 drops of

lavendar, 4 drops of Roman chamomile and 2 drops geranium essential

oils. Seal atomizer and shake well to blend oils and water. Mist

pillow or spray around bedroom. Avoid using near babies and very

small children

Insomnia Blend #1: Stress-related

Ingredients:

-9 drops Lavender

-3 drops Roman Chamomile

Add these oils to a 10-ml bottle, and fill with vegetable oil.

Massage the blend onto your temples, neck and shoulders. Breathe the

blend in deeply before going to bed. Pour up to 20 drops into a warm

bath.

Insomnia Blend #2: Anxiety-related

Ingredients:

-4 drops Orange

-8 drops Lavender

Massage into your abdomen (the second chakra), your temples and

neck. Breathe the blend in deeply before going to bed. Pour up to 20

drops into a warm bath.

Insomnia Blend #3: Nervous tension-related

Ingredients:

-4 drops Rose

-2 drops Roman Chamomile

Massage your solar plexus (the third chakra), your temples and neck.

Breathe the blend in deeply before going to bed. Pour up to 20 drops

into a warm bath.

Guest guest

Thanks so much! :D Blessings, Aurentiamistynights234 <mistynights234 wrote: Valerian, lemon balm are couple :) Sleeptime SprayMaterials:Glass atomizerWaterLavender pure essential oilRoman chamomile pure essential oilGeranium essential oilFirst, pour cup of water into atomizer. Then, add 8 drops of lavendar, 4 drops of Roman chamomile and 2 drops geranium essential oils. Seal atomizer and shake well to blend oils and water. Mist pillow or spray around bedroom. Avoid using near babies and very small children*****************Insomnia Blend #1: Stress-related***************** Ingredients:-9 drops Lavender -3 drops Roman Chamomile Add these oils to a 10-ml bottle,

and fill with vegetable oil. Massage the blend onto your temples, neck and shoulders. Breathe the blend in deeply before going to bed. Pour up to 20 drops into a warm bath. *****************Insomnia Blend #2: Anxiety-related***************** Ingredients:-4 drops Orange -8 drops Lavender Add these oils to a 10-ml bottle, and fill with vegetable oil. Massage into your abdomen (the second chakra), your temples and neck. Breathe the blend in deeply before going to bed. Pour up to 20 drops into a warm bath. *****************Insomnia Blend #3: Nervous tension-related***************** Ingredients:-4 drops Rose -2 drops Roman Chamomile Add these oils to a 10-ml bottle, and fill with vegetable oil. Massage your solar plexus (the third chakra), your temples and neck. Breathe the blend in deeply before going to bed. Pour up to 20 drops into a warm bath.

Find your next car at Canada Autos

Guest guest

You can make a blend of essential oils using:

2 drops chamomile

6 drops geranium

3 drops lemon

4 drops sandlewood

use this in a bath before bedtime or add a carrier oil and use it as

a massage oil before bed. If all else fails I rub lavender on my feet

snd diffuse it. Hope this helps

Guest guest

Sky:

We try to focus on bodymind methods here (for obvious reasons LOL) so I'd

like to see recommendations be more direct than something you can swallow or

rub on, though if I had to, I'd encourage you to look into something as

benign and noninvasive as possible like aromatherapy rather than herbals,

which, despite their " natural " aspects, are really not so very different

from taking pharmaceuticals.

Two personal recommendations for CDs, though. My husband has had great

results with a CD called " The Eternal Om " for helping him zone out and

sleep, and also the Delta Sync Sleep System. I can go to sleep listening to

just about anything but my current favorite is a relaxation CD by my Medical

Intuition mentor Winter Robinson, called Yoga Nidra. It's available at her

website, the self-named http://www.winterrobinson.com

As I have sleep apnea, breathing exercises are great to help me relax to go

to sleep. Good " sleep hygiene " is important, and that means keeping your

bedroom primarily for sleep, avoiding things like watching TV in bed, going

to bed at a routine time, etc. Sometimes even changing the color of your

sheets or lighting can be helpful, or darkening the windows. I worked night

shift for around ten years, so I am familiar with a circadian rhythm that

definitely marches to a different drummer. Once you learn how to " trick "

your body into full cycle sleep, it makes shift work and travel a lot easier

on you.

Good rest to you, and I look forward to hearing what other people might

recommend.

--

Blessings,

Ro Abreu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{{~~~<@

Life isn't easy, but we're designed to succeed at it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Look for Rainbows in the Darkness!

The star burns brightest as it dares to fall.