IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Insomnia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Joseph,

This is a very Five Element approach but it works with my patients and myself when I am having trouble falling and staying asleep.

Check your pulses. Is the Kidney/Bladder pair a little pushy or full - don't worry about quality, feel if it feels like a dam wanting to burst a bit. Now check the Hear Protector/ Triple Heater pair of pulses. Are they flat. Even if you can feel the blood , are they empty of energy?

If so, this is what we call a IV/V block. This can happen from shock or hurt, from wanting to close off the emotions that are the Heart Protector meridian, but without the H.P. we can not really calm, we are not safe, thus can not really sleep are rest.

To clear this block, Tonify ( ie slow down to the Qi 180deg turn clockwise and straight out) Kidney 22 ( being the Kidney exit point) and H.P.1 (on men) and H.P.2 ( on women). This will reconnect the meridians. You should feel better or start yawning immediately.

As I said it is a Five Element approach. But these type of blocks I could never understand why they were not part of modern TCM as they are so effective.

I hope this helps.

Gye Bennetts

Sydney

-

becvaj1.ete

acupuncture

Friday, March 10, 2000 10:37

acupuncture Insomnia

becvaj1.eteDear friends,I have to face with insomnia. During years I was trying to help to mydaughter (A.D.H.D., sleep disorders, nightmares, several epilepsyseizures...) with Reiki, Shiatsu, Reflexology etc. There was not manynights I could sleep without interruption. Now (when the health state ofmy daughter is a little bit better) I have troubles to fall asleep. I amgoing tired and yawn in the bed but after 30-60 minutes sleep goes away...I am lying with eyes open have to go urinate frequently... I think theproblem is fall asleep. When I fall asleep my sleep is ussually goodwithout interruption.(Other problem is that I have to wake up very early in order to go by busfor my job.)Of course during the day I am tired...Could you reccomed me some acupoints to focus on? (I was trying Heart 7,Kidney 3, Spleen 6 with only small succes..) Many thans. Josef------GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.Apply NOW!http://click./1/975/1/_/331483/_/952688257/------

Guest guest

What about seeking for a good acupunctorist, or similar? It is difficult to tell you one point or the other is gonna help you...

There's a lot of things involved with your insomnia I think... maybe you are afraid of something and don't really want tu sleep, or even simple: you are used to this state...

Tonifie your kidney for several months, "clean out" your emotions, drain your shen. Then treat the insomnia.

I am sorry I can't help you more...

Muchas gracias por su atención,

Thank you very much for all your attention,

Josep Carrion.

jcarrionterapeuta

-----Mensaje original-----De: becvaj1.ete [becvaj1.ete]Enviado el: viernes, 10 de marzo de 2000 12:37Para: acupuncture Asunto: acupuncture Insomniabecvaj1.ete Dear friends,I have to face with insomnia. During years I was trying to help to mydaughter (A.D.H.D., sleep disorders, nightmares, several epilepsyseizures...) with Reiki, Shiatsu, Reflexology etc. There was not manynights I could sleep without interruption. Now (when the health state ofmy daughter is a little bit better) I have troubles to fall asleep. I amgoing tired and yawn in the bed but after 30-60 minutes sleep goes away...I am lying with eyes open have to go urinate frequently... I think theproblem is fall asleep. When I fall asleep my sleep is ussually goodwithout interruption.(Other problem is that I have to wake up very early in order to go by busfor my job.)Of course during the day I am tired...Could you reccomed me some acupoints to focus on? (I was trying Heart 7,Kidney 3, Spleen 6 with only small succes..) Many thans. Josef

Enter:

Guest guest

Dear Myrva,

I heard something about this technique of the five elements... could you explain us a bit more? Is there any good book you recommend?

Thanks.

Josep Carrion.

jcarrionterapeuta

-----Mensaje original-----De: Mirva & Gye Bennetts [gyemirva]Enviado el: sábado, 11 de marzo de 2000 12:56Para: acupuncture Asunto: Re: acupuncture Insomnia"Mirva & Gye Bennetts" <gyemirva

Dear Joseph,

This is a very Five Element approach but it works with my patients and myself when I am having trouble falling and staying asleep.

Check your pulses. Is the Kidney/Bladder pair a little pushy or full - don't worry about quality, feel if it feels like a dam wanting to burst a bit. Now check the Hear Protector/ Triple Heater pair of pulses. Are they flat. Even if you can feel the blood , are they empty of energy?

If so, this is what we call a IV/V block. This can happen from shock or hurt, from wanting to close off the emotions that are the Heart Protector meridian, but without the H.P. we can not really calm, we are not safe, thus can not really sleep are rest.

To clear this block, Tonify ( ie slow down to the Qi 180deg turn clockwise and straight out) Kidney 22 ( being the Kidney exit point) and H.P.1 (on men) and H.P.2 ( on women). This will reconnect the meridians. You should feel better or start yawning immediately.

As I said it is a Five Element approach. But these type of blocks I could never understand why they were not part of modern TCM as they are so effective.

I hope this helps.

Gye Bennetts

Sydney

-

becvaj1.ete

acupuncture

acupuncture Insomnia

becvaj1.eteDear friends,I have to face with insomnia. During years I was trying to help to mydaughter (A.D.H.D., sleep disorders, nightmares, several epilepsyseizures...) with Reiki, Shiatsu, Reflexology etc. There was not manynights I could sleep without interruption. Now (when the health state ofmy daughter is a little bit better) I have troubles to fall asleep. I amgoing tired and yawn in the bed but after 30-60 minutes sleep goes away...I am lying with eyes open have to go urinate frequently... I think theproblem is fall asleep. When I fall asleep my sleep is ussually goodwithout interruption.(Other problem is that I have to wake up very early in order to go by busfor my job.)Of course during the day I am tired...Could you reccomed me some acupoints to focus on? (I was trying Heart 7,Kidney 3, Spleen 6 with only small succes..) Many thans. Josef------GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.Apply NOW!http://click./1/975/1/_/331483/_/952688257/------

Enter Ht: ft.

in.

Enter Wt: lbs.

Guest guest

Thanks for your message Josep,

Books are a bit thin on the ground about Five element. Basically this style came about around 3000 years ago when the Chinese were very interested in the similarities between nature and people. A Five Element practitioner believes that for each person there is one "problem" element and by treating that element the whole person grows and changes. Damp, Heat are believed to be symptoms of a deeper condition and by treating them you are only treating a symptom that will return.

Very short description. I have a website that I am developing that has a bit more information if you are interested.

www.acay.com.ay/~gyemirva

All the best

Gye

-

JCarrion

acupuncture

Sunday, March 12, 2000 1:17

RE: acupuncture Insomnia

"JCarrion" <jcarrionterapeuta

Dear Myrva,

I heard something about this technique of the five elements... could you explain us a bit more? Is there any good book you recommend?

Thanks.

Josep Carrion.

jcarrionterapeuta

-----Mensaje original-----De: Mirva & Gye Bennetts [gyemirva]Enviado el: sábado, 11 de marzo de 2000 12:56Para: acupuncture Asunto: Re: acupuncture Insomnia"Mirva & Gye Bennetts" <gyemirva

Dear Joseph,

I hope this helps.

Gye Bennetts

Sydney

-

becvaj1.ete

acupuncture

acupuncture Insomnia

in.

Guest guest

Sorry Gye, but I tried to open your Web and Netscape dind't find it...

Josep Carrion.

jcarrionterapeuta

-----Mensaje original-----De: Mirva & Gye Bennetts [gyemirva]Enviado el: domingo, 12 de marzo de 2000 10:38Para: acupuncture Asunto: Re: acupuncture Insomnia

"Mirva & Gye Bennetts" <gyemirva

Thanks for your message Josep,

Books are a bit thin on the ground about Five element. Basically this style came about around 3000 years ago when the Chinese were very interested in the similarities between nature and people. A Five Element practitioner believes that for each person there is one "problem" element and by treating that element the whole person grows and changes. Damp, Heat are believed to be symptoms of a deeper condition and by treating them you are only treating a symptom that will return.

Very short description. I have a website that I am developing that has a bit more information if you are interested.

www.acay.com.ay/~gyemirva

All the best

Gye

-

JCarrion

acupuncture

Sunday, March 12, 2000 1:17

RE: acupuncture Insomnia

"JCarrion" <jcarrionterapeuta

Dear Myrva,

Thanks.

Josep Carrion.

jcarrionterapeuta

Dear Joseph,

I hope this helps.

Gye Bennetts

Sydney

-

becvaj1.ete

acupuncture

acupuncture Insomnia

in.

Guest guest

Dear Murray,

the days following the day I did your treatment were fine. Yesterday (after

having to stay during weekend in work and being tired) I felt asleep 3 a.m.

But..... I could notice even I could not fall asleep I was feeling slightly

" better inside " . How often I can repeat the treatment?

Second question: In message to Geovanni you wrote:

>>First you need to choose the correct meridian or meridians, by

>>selecting the symptoms that match the meridian indications, [if you don't

>>have this info let me know and I'll send it to your email address.

Could you send me the info you mentioned??

Many thanks for all.

Josef

Guest guest

Hi Josef, I will send info to you both soon, try to get it to you today, the

first treatment I sent you you can do a second time, then do the last

treatment I sent you, and let me know how you feel, or have you done all

three? Don't repeat the first treatment for a while because the energy has

changed now, ok to do a little later if we need it.

Let me know your symptoms now and what you feel, in the meantime just needle

St36 with 3 slices of moxa on each, get someone else to needle this point

for you, also moxa stick CV12 .

PS don't do this treatment late in the afternoon or you may not sleep.

-

<becvaj1.ete

<acupuncture >

Tuesday, March 21, 2000 10:12 PM

acupuncture Re: Insomnia

> becvaj1.ete

>

>

>

> Dear Murray,

>

> the days following the day I did your treatment were fine. Yesterday

(after

> having to stay during weekend in work and being tired) I felt asleep 3

a.m.

> But..... I could notice even I could not fall asleep I was feeling

slightly

> " better inside " . How often I can repeat the treatment?

>

> Second question: In message to Geovanni you wrote:

> >>First you need to choose the correct meridian or meridians, by

> >>selecting the symptoms that match the meridian indications, [if you

don't

> >>have this info let me know and I'll send it to your email address.

>

> Could you send me the info you mentioned??

>

> Many thanks for all.

>

> Josef

>

>

>

>

> ------

> GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as 2.9%

> Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW!

> http://click./1/936/1/_/331483/_/953640744/

> ------

>

>

Guest guest

Why don't you send that info' to the group?

Thanks

Josep Carrion.

jcarrionterapeuta

-----Mensaje original-----De: becvaj1.ete [becvaj1.ete]Enviado el: martes, 21 de marzo de 2000 13:12Para: acupuncture Asunto: acupuncture Re: Insomniabecvaj1.ete Dear Murray,the days following the day I did your treatment were fine. Yesterday (afterhaving to stay during weekend in work and being tired) I felt asleep 3 a.m.But..... I could notice even I could not fall asleep I was feeling slightly"better inside". How often I can repeat the treatment?Second question: In message to Geovanni you wrote:>>First you need to choose the correct meridian or meridians, by>>selecting the symptoms that match the meridian indications, [if you don't>>have this info let me know and I'll send it to your email address.Could you send me the info you mentioned?? Many thanks for all. Josef

Guest guest

Dear William,

Greetings..

1. Apply solution for Kundalini Physical Syndrome (see archive 26 oct.2000).

2. Apply general sweeping 5x.

3. Sweep and energize crown, ajna, and throat with EV. If throat is

overactivated inhibit it with LWB.

4. Sweep front and back solar plexus with EV. Energize with LWB.

5. Sweep basic chakra with LWG & LWO. Energize a little with WHITE.

6. Sweep spine thoroughly.

7. Sweep the meng mein and the adrenal glands thoroughly.

8. Sweep front and back heart with LWV. Energize back heart with EV.

9. Distribute the energy all over the body.

Love and light, masterfe

----------------------

At 09:16 AM 10/31/00 -0000, you wrote:

>Dear Master Fe,

>

>I have a client with extreme insomnia. Do you have any additional

>recommendations besides the treatment plan on page 76 of the

>book " Pranic Psychotherapy " ?

>

>Thank you,

>Will***Love***Light

>

>William

-------------------

" Pranic Healing is not intended to replace orthodox

medicine, but rather to complement it. If symptoms

persist or the ailment is severe, please consult

immediately a medical doctor and a certified pranic

healer. "

- GRAND MASTER CHOA KOK SUI

-------------------

Guest guest

Sleep is an excellent natural remedy (smile)

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 matogo2 wrote:

> Any natural remedy for this, I am running very low in the energy dept.

> I have been only getting 3-4 hours per nite. Any ideas would be

> appreicated!!

>

> Marge

>

>

>

> Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

> 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

> 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural

remedy.

> 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and to

> prescribe for your own health.

> We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as

> they behave themselves.

> Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person

> following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk.

> It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from

list members, you are agreeing to

> be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members

free of any liability.

>

> Dr. Ian Shillington

> Doctor of Naturopathy

> Dr.IanShillington

>

>

Guest guest

Hey Molly, good to hear from you again.

Lobelia is a relaxant. Usually 1 or 2 dropperfuls before bedtime will calm just about anyone down. Used in conjunction with Lemon Egg, make sure you take it lying down or you might not make it into the bed. ;o) LOL

Love,

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.505-772-5889Dr.IanShillington

-

bigknifeclan

herbal remedies

Monday, April 15, 2002 8:28 AM

[herbal remedies] Insomnia

Hey Doc, I noticed in your "Ailments and Remedies" that lobelia is mentioned for insomnia. How does it work, and how is it used?Thanks! Molly B

Guest guest

Hi Doc - yes, the last few months have been incredibly busy.

I had to back off from the group for awhile - still lurked from

time to time! Thanks for the info on lobelia.

One more question. If 1 or 2 dropperfuls are good for calming,

how many drops or dropperfuls are used for an expectorant?

Glad to be back! Molly B

herbal remedies, " Ian Shillington N.D. "

<Dr.IanShillington@G...> wrote:

> Hey Molly, good to hear from you again.

>

> Lobelia is a relaxant. Usually 1 or 2 dropperfuls before bedtime

will

> calm just about anyone down. Used in conjunction with Lemon Egg,

make

> sure you take it lying down or you might not make it into the bed.

;o)

> LOL

>

> Love,

>

> Doc

>

> Ian " Doc " Shillington N.D.

> 505-772-5889

> Dr.IanShillington@G...

> -

> bigknifeclan

> herbal remedies

> Monday, April 15, 2002 8:28 AM

> [herbal remedies] Insomnia

>

>

> Hey Doc, I noticed in your " Ailments and Remedies " that lobelia is

> mentioned for insomnia. How does it work, and how is it used?

> Thanks! Molly B

Guest guest

Valerian Root works well, belladonna or chamomile

anwamaneoflorien [anwamaneoflorien] Tuesday, May 18, 2004 8:19 AMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - insomniaDoes any one know any herbs that can help some one with insomnia?thanks sarah Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.678 / Virus Database: 440 - Release 5/6/2004

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.678 / Virus Database: 440 - Release 5/6/2004

Guest guest

I also use lobelia with my daughter when she has trouble sleeping.

:)

Kelli

Guest guest

Valerian root, skullcap, passion flower, chamomile. Valerian root

is *quite* strong, as in tastes yucky. A medley of those herbs

works well for me. Only needs to be steeped no more than a couple

minutes.

Lynn

in Santa Cruz, CA.

Guest guest

I uae pssion flower extract and it really helps.... It is for nervous tension. I use it during the day, and then double dose at night. I have been dealing with chronic stress for 10 years now. It started with post traumatic stress after the gulf. When I came home, I could hardly sit down, and my mind would not slow down. Now I have tried ALL the natural herbs and Passion flower is the safest to use long term, and I notice that it affects only how fast my thoughts are going. I do not get drowsy or want a nap. I get this when I take catnip tea, also very safe for long term use. I also lie down in bed by 10 PM and repeat short happy thoughts and memories. The last thing I do AND PLEASE DON"T LAUGH TOO HARD..... I place my tongue between my teeth so that I can't subconciously clench my jaws... All these are relaxing and no zombie effect. I have for the last year used these techniques and herbs very effectively and sleep a sound 8 hours a night. I COULD NOT SLEEP SOUND BEFORE... OR I

WOULD LAY AWAKE HALF THE NIGHT. Hope this helps, Theresa

Love and Laughter,

Theresa M. Hook

hooked_on_travel

SBC - Internet access at a great low price.

Guest guest

Passion Flower too!

Sylvia

herbal remedies , " Lauren Bastow "

<lbastow@s...> wrote:

> Valerian Root works well, belladonna or chamomile

>

>

> anwamaneoflorien [anwamaneoflorien]

> Tuesday, May 18, 2004 8:19 AM

> herbal remedies

> Herbal Remedies - insomnia

>

>

> Does any one know any herbs that can help some one with insomnia?

> thanks sarah

>

>

>

> Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

> 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

> 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any

natural

> remedy.

> 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own

physician

> and to

> prescribe for your own health.

> We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as

long

> as

> they behave themselves.

> Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any

> person

> following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own

risk.

> It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or

products

> from list members, you are agreeing to

> be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner

and

> members free of any liability.

>

> Dr. Ian Shillington

> Doctor of Naturopathy

> Dr.IanShillington@G...

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Valerian is strong - some say it smells like Old socks, but it really

does work LOL

That combo you mention Lynn, is great and there are even several

prepared teas that have all or most of those herbs.

Sylvia

herbal remedies , " Morning Dew " <mrningdw@c...>

wrote:

>

> Valerian root, skullcap, passion flower, chamomile. Valerian root

> is *quite* strong, as in tastes yucky. A medley of those herbs

> works well for me. Only needs to be steeped no more than a couple

> minutes.

>

> Lynn

> in Santa Cruz, CA.

Guest guest

Yep, I know that. But, I love to make my own brews! That way I

know exactly what proportions, and the freshness.

Lynn

in Santa Cruz, CA.

herbal remedies , " Sylvia " <h10feet>

wrote:

> Valerian is strong - some say it smells like Old socks, but it

really

> does work LOL

>

> That combo you mention Lynn, is great and there are even several

> prepared teas that have all or most of those herbs.

>

> Sylvia

>

> herbal remedies , " Morning Dew "

<mrningdw@c...>

> wrote:

> >

> > Valerian root, skullcap, passion flower, chamomile. Valerian

root

> > is *quite* strong, as in tastes yucky. A medley of those herbs

> > works well for me. Only needs to be steeped no more than a

couple

> > minutes.

> >

> > Lynn

> > in Santa Cruz, CA.

Guest guest

Hi:-)

Since I know wayyyyy too much about insomnia, I thought I'd post my tea that I drink every night. It is truely the only reason I get any sleep these days, what with my stress levels gettin' ready to kill me..:-/

Here it is:

One part Passionflower

One part Chamomile flower

One part Oat straw

One part Peppermint or Spearmint (I like spearmint the best)

Sometimes I throw in one part Alfalfa for the nutrition alone, also.

I fill up a giant jar of this and make it 1 tsp per cup of water.

I have to start drinking it WITH my dinner and keep drinking it till I get tired enough to sleep. But it may work differently for others.

Karen

Guest guest

We make our own as well Lynn, the pre done teas idea was more for

Sarah's benefit. I should have been more specific in my reply :oD

For some starting off with something you can go to a HFS and buy is a

much easier place to start, plus there is no guess work on how much

to use, it's a easy way to see how well herbs can work. It was that

way for me when i first started. We still keep a few store bought

herb teas around for emergency or family members.

Sylvia

p.s. Lynn i have a really silly question for you...do you know

someone named Ian Ellison?

herbal remedies , " Morning Dew " <mrningdw@c...>

wrote:

>

> Yep, I know that. But, I love to make my own brews! That way I

> know exactly what proportions, and the freshness.

>

> Lynn

> in Santa Cruz, CA.

>

> herbal remedies , " Sylvia " <h10feet>

> wrote:

> > Valerian is strong - some say it smells like Old socks, but it

> really

> > does work LOL

> >

> > That combo you mention Lynn, is great and there are even several

> > prepared teas that have all or most of those herbs.

> >

> > Sylvia

> >

> > herbal remedies , " Morning Dew "

> <mrningdw@c...>

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > Valerian root, skullcap, passion flower, chamomile. Valerian

> root

> > > is *quite* strong, as in tastes yucky. A medley of those herbs

> > > works well for me. Only needs to be steeped no more than a

> couple

> > > minutes.

> > >

> > > Lynn

> > > in Santa Cruz, CA.

Guest guest

Sylvia asked....

>

> p.s. Lynn i have a really silly question for you...do you know

> someone named Ian Ellison?

>

No, I don't, but the name does sound familiar. I'm thinking Boulder

Creek......not sure why. That's a town near here.

Lynn

in Santa Cruz, CA.

Guest guest

I've found that when I make Valerian or any other blend to help relax and sleep, it helps to add Stevia to the mix, to sweeten it. But it is a strong sweetener, so only a little goes a long way.

JohnMorning Dew <mrningdw wrote:

Valerian root, skullcap, passion flower, chamomile. Valerian root is *quite* strong, as in tastes yucky. A medley of those herbs works well for me. Only needs to be steeped no more than a couple minutes.Lynnin Santa Cruz, CA.

SBC - Internet access at a great low price.

Guest guest

I have tried all the tricks to beat insomnia to no avail. Sleep is so

important that I finally gave in and take one half of a 10mg. of Ambien. I

dislike taking medication for this like your father, but I had to do

something.

Judy

-

" bta1012003 " <bta101

Saturday, September 18, 2004 12:46 PM

Insomnia

Does anyone know different ways to overcome insomnia? My father

experiences that a few times a week and is trying not to take any

medication.

Thank you very much.

Bta

«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»

§ - PULSE ON WORLD HEALTH CONSPIRACIES! §

Subscribe:......... -

To :.... -

Any information here in is for educational purpose only, it may be news

related, purely speculation or someone's opinion. Always consult with a

qualified health practitioner before deciding on any course of treatment,

especially for serious or life-threatening illnesses.

**COPYRIGHT NOTICE**

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,

any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without

profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving

the included information for non-profit research and educational purposes

only. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml