IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

cream of tartar-- how does it work for health reasons?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I.ve been googling Cream of Tartar for several hours, and the most I can find is this

How do you use it for health reasons?

even wikipedia has basically the same info. I cannot find health pages with any info

Answers to life's vexing cooking questions...

Ochef Archive

What and Where is Cream of Tartar?

How Does Ochef Make Money?

Q. Please tell me what cream of tartar is and where I can find it? A. Cream of tartar is is the common name for potassium hydrogen tartrate, an acid salt that has a number of uses in cooking. Now, before you get all jittery about the thought of cooking with an acid, it's worth noting that milk, brown sugar, steak, plums, and just about every other food we eat is acidic. In fact, egg whites and baking soda are the only non-acidic (alkaline) foods we have. Cream of tartar is obtained when tartaric acid is half neutralized with potassium hydroxide, transforming it into a salt. Grapes are the only significant natural source of tartaric acid, and cream of tartar is a obtained from sediment produced in the process of making wine. (The journal Nature reported some years ago that traces of calcium tartrate found in a pottery jar in the ruins of a village in northern Iran are evidence that wine was being made more than 7,000 years ago.) Cream of tartar is best known in our kitchens for helping stabilize and give more volume to beaten egg whites. It is the acidic ingredient in some brands of baking powder. It is also used to produce a creamier texture in sugary desserts such as candy and frosting. It is used commercially in some soft drinks, candies, bakery products, gelatin desserts, and photography products. Cream of tartar can also be used to clean brass and copper cookware. If you are beating eggs whites and don't have cream of tartar, you can substitute white vinegar (in the same ratio as cream of tartar, generally 1/8 teaspoon per egg white). It is a little more problematic to find a substitute for cream of tartar in baking projects. White vinegar or lemon juice, in the ratio of 3 times the amount of cream of tartar called for, will provide the right amount of acid for most recipes. But that amount of liquid may cause other problems in the recipe, and bakers have found that cakes made with vinegar or lemon juice have a coarser grain and are more prone to shrinking than those made with cream of tartar. Now, if they were making cream of tarter 7,000 years ago in Iran (or at least if cream

On Behalf Of Tuesday, March 21, 2006 11:34 AM Subject: RE: I would beinterested in how to use cream of tartar too. I use it alot in cooking. But I didn't know of it's health benefits.Blessings, ReneeAmelia Gerlach <ameliagerlach wrote:

Lisa, how do you take the cream of tartar? Thanks, Amelia

On Behalf Of Monday, March 20, 2006 4:22 PM Subject: Re: Pauline

Hi there PaulineThe cream of tartar is a wonderful product not too many people know about it. It helps with chronic fatigue, skin problem, loosing weight, fibromyalgia. As far as the hypoglycemia, not quite sure. My son does have episodes of hypoglycemia, but i've never really tried that on him. I give it to him when i know he's consumes alot of foods that causes candida, and he feels better. My daughter is insulin dependent and when she takes it, her sugar numbers are stabilized for the whole day.If i can help with any other questions, I' would be more than happy to answer them for you.Lisa"pshreiman" <pshreiman wrote: If I want to loose weight but have hypoglycemia, and the chronic fatigueand fibro. would the product that helps you loose weight work with thoseproblems? Pauline

Guest guest

Look up Cream of Tartar and Candida, you should find it. Put atleast a teaspoon of COT in a glass of water and drink. There are no side affects, but you see results over night. It works like Apple Cider vinegar. You might detox too fast, you probably have night sweat to where you have to change your bedsheets and take a shower. Plus it will make you loose weight, oh and I detoxed so fast that the toxins tried to come out of my skin, so u might get a few blotches. Hope this helps. By the way, cream of tartar is excellent for Cancer, and diabetes. LisaRochanah Weissinger <Rochanah2000 wrote: I.ve been googling Cream of Tartar for several hours, and the most I can find is this How do you use it for health reasons? even wikipedia has basically the same info. I cannot find health pages with any info Answers to life's vexing cooking questions... Ochef Archive What and Where is Cream of Tartar? Advertisement How Does OchefMake Money? Q. Please tell me what cream of tartar is and where I can find it? A. Cream of tartar is is the common name for potassium hydrogen tartrate, an acid salt that has a number of uses in cooking. Now, before you get all jittery about the thought of cooking with an acid, it's worth noting that milk, brown sugar, steak, plums, and just about every other food we eat is acidic. In fact, egg whites and baking soda are the only non-acidic (alkaline) foods we have. Cream of tartar is obtained when tartaric acid is half neutralized with potassium hydroxide, transforming it into a salt. Grapes are the only significant natural source of tartaric acid, and cream of tartar is a obtained from sediment produced in the process of making wine. (The journal Nature reported some years ago that traces of calcium tartrate found in a pottery jar in the ruins of a village in northern Iran are evidence that wine was being made more than 7,000 years ago.) Cream of tartar is best known in our
kitchens for helping stabilize and give more volume to beaten egg whites. It is the acidic ingredient in some brands of baking powder. It is also used to produce a creamier texture in sugary desserts such as candy and frosting. It is used commercially in some soft drinks, candies, bakery products, gelatin desserts, and photography products. Cream of tartar can also be used to clean brass and copper cookware. If you are beating eggs whites and don't have cream of tartar, you can substitute white vinegar (in the same ratio as cream of tartar, generally 1/8 teaspoon per egg white). It is a little more problematic to find a substitute for cream of tartar in baking projects. White vinegar or lemon juice, in the ratio of 3 times the amount of cream of
tartar called for, will provide the right amount of acid for most recipes. But that amount of liquid may cause other problems in the recipe, and bakers have found that cakes made with vinegar or lemon juice have a coarser grain and are more prone to shrinking than those made with cream of tartar. Now, if they were making cream of tarter 7,000 years ago in Iran (or at least if cream On Behalf Of Renee JudkinsTuesday, March 21, 2006 11:34 AM Subject: RE: [natural_healing]-LisaI would beinterested in how to use cream of tartar too. I use it alot in cooking. But I didn't know of it's health benefits.Blessings, ReneeAmelia Gerlach <ameliagerlach wrote: Lisa, how do you take the cream of tartar? Thanks, Amelia On Behalf Of lisa raineyMonday, March 20, 2006 4:22 PM Subject: Re: Pauline Hi there PaulineThe cream of tartar is a wonderful product not too many people know about it. It helps with chronic fatigue, skin problem, loosing weight, fibromyalgia. As far as the hypoglycemia, not quite sure. My son does have episodes of hypoglycemia, but i've never really tried that on him. I give it to him when i know he's consumes alot of foods that causes candida, and he feels better. My daughter is insulin dependent and when she takes it, her sugar numbers are stabilized for the whole day.If i can help with any other questions, I' would be more than happy to answer them for you.Lisa"pshreiman" <pshreiman wrote: If I want to loose weight but have hypoglycemia, and the chronic fatigueand fibro. would the product that helps you loose weight work with thoseproblems? Pauline

Guest Linda

I've been trying to find out - What works better to get rid of candida, baking soda or cream of tartar, or can you take both together???