IndiaDivine.org

New and have a question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I use Bob's Red Mill Organic , Whole Ground, Flaxseed Meal for constipation. Flaxseed meal provides fiber, lignans & omega-3 fats. This is all natural and will not harm the colon; some of the "over the counter" items can be harmful over a period of time. It would be very important for a child to not use drugs for constipation.

I use 2 T flaxseed meal with a little honey and then add a cup of hot water. I like the nutty flavor and I'm getting nutritional value. One could also mix this in oatmeal. I have constipation due to being on medication, Diflucan. I have coccidioidomycosis or valley fever.

You might check with a health food store for this item. I have purchased mine at Wild Oats and Whole Foods. www.bobsredmill.com

-

JanNitz

Friday, June 03, 2005 1:10 PM

Re: New and have a question

No.. I live in a tiny little town... nowhere to shop here besides the Wal Mart and one small grocery store. I'll do some looking around and see what I can find.

Jandara

-

Amelia Gerlach

Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:43 PM

RE: New and have a question

Do you have a Whole Foods supermarket or Earth Fare or any health food store? Soy is a very common allergen too.

On Behalf Of JanNitzThursday, June 02, 2005 3:09 PM Subject: Re: New and have a question

Thanks.. I"ll try that...what about soy milk? Do you think that would be ok? I'm not sure where I can find oat milk or almond milk around here... but I"ll look for it.

Jandara

He's probably allergic to milk. That happens to me when I drink it. It also is known for causing constipation. Try switching to oat milk or almond milk and see what happens. For calcium, you can give him fortified orange juice.

On Behalf Of JanNitzWednesday, June 01, 2005 9:56 PM Subject: New and have a question

Hello.... My name is Jandara... I just recently joined the group and I'm looking for ideas to help my son. His name is Jesse and he's eight years old. For the past several months he's been having stomach aches on an almost daily basis... the doctor that I took him too says that it's constipation... I'm wondering what types of foods we should avoid .... he drinks a lot of milk... I wonder if the milk might be the problem... I'm just looking for ideas.... hate to see the little guy with a stomach ache every day.

Jandara

Guest guest

Thank you... I will.

Jandara

-

Amelia Gerlach

Friday, June 03, 2005 3:49 PM

You can also try through the internet. Pacific is a brand that makes oat milk and almond milk.

On Behalf Of JanNitzFriday, June 03, 2005 1:10 PM Subject: Re: New and have a question

No.. I live in a tiny little town... nowhere to shop here besides the Wal Mart and one small grocery store. I'll do some looking around and see what I can find.

Jandara

-

Amelia Gerlach

Do you have a Whole Foods supermarket or Earth Fare or any health food store? Soy is a very common allergen too.

On Behalf Of JanNitzThursday, June 02, 2005 3:09 PM Subject: Re: New and have a question

Thanks.. I"ll try that...what about soy milk? Do you think that would be ok? I'm not sure where I can find oat milk or almond milk around here... but I"ll look for it.

Jandara

He's probably allergic to milk. That happens to me when I drink it. It also is known for causing constipation. Try switching to oat milk or almond milk and see what happens. For calcium, you can give him fortified orange juice.

On Behalf Of JanNitzWednesday, June 01, 2005 9:56 PM Subject: New and have a question

Hello.... My name is Jandara... I just recently joined the group and I'm looking for ideas to help my son. His name is Jesse and he's eight years old. For the past several months he's been having stomach aches on an almost daily basis... the doctor that I took him too says that it's constipation... I'm wondering what types of foods we should avoid .... he drinks a lot of milk... I wonder if the milk might be the problem... I'm just looking for ideas.... hate to see the little guy with a stomach ache every day.

Jandara

Guest guest

Thanks for the information... I didn't know that. I thought soy milk would be a good alternative if he couldn't drink regular milk.... I had no idea it caused all these problems.

Jandara

Soy should never ever be given to children under any circumstances. They are not designed to digest and process the estrogens.

Two extremely carcinogenic substances known as lysinoalanine and nitrosamines are found in soy products that are processed under high heat. Always avoid soy products that have been processed this way.

It has been shown in many studies that the phytic acid in soy interferes with the absorption of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc, and that high phytic diets cause growth problems in children. Soy was also found to cause goiter or the enlargement of the thyroid gland in infants!

JanNitz <jandara wrote:

Jandara

Jandara

Discover Find restaurants, movies, travel & more fun for the weekend. Check it out!

Guest guest

Now flaxseed meal I have already... I haven't tried giving him any of it though... maybe I'll add some to some oatmeal for his breakfast. I use it myself when I make a smoothie... a little milk, ice, oatmeal, honey and about a tablespoon of the flax....

Jesse takes Allegra for allergies and I've been reading up on the side affects of that and one is stomach pain and constipation...so this may be what is causing his problem. I think I'll try not giving him the allegra for awhile and see if I see an improvement.

Jandara

I use Bob's Red Mill Organic , Whole Ground, Flaxseed Meal for constipation. Flaxseed meal provides fiber, lignans & omega-3 fats. This is all natural and will not harm the colon; some of the "over the counter" items can be harmful over a period of time. It would be very important for a child to not use drugs for constipation.

I use 2 T flaxseed meal with a little honey and then add a cup of hot water. I like the nutty flavor and I'm getting nutritional value. One could also mix this in oatmeal. I have constipation due to being on medication, Diflucan. I have coccidioidomycosis or valley fever.

You might check with a health food store for this item. I have purchased mine at Wild Oats and Whole Foods. www.bobsredmill.com

-

JanNitz

Jandara

-

Amelia Gerlach

Jandara

Jandara

Guest guest

Jandara, it's always a good idea to treat things naturally rather than with poisonous drugs. You can also make muffins with the flax and that would be a delicious way to have more fiber.

On Behalf Of JanNitzSaturday, June 04, 2005 10:18 AM Subject: Re: New and have a question

Now flaxseed meal I have already... I haven't tried giving him any of it though... maybe I'll add some to some oatmeal for his breakfast. I use it myself when I make a smoothie... a little milk, ice, oatmeal, honey and about a tablespoon of the flax....

Jesse takes Allegra for allergies and I've been reading up on the side affects of that and one is stomach pain and constipation...so this may be what is causing his problem. I think I'll try not giving him the allegra for awhile and see if I see an improvement.

Jandara

-

JanNitz

Jandara

-

Amelia Gerlach

Jandara

Jandara

Guest guest

Absolutely no problem, we are all here to learn and help one another.

Only adults should should consume soy that has been processed correctly and then only those blood types that are A, B, and AB. It is beneficial in types A's, neutral in B's and AB's. Poison to all type O's.

DanJanNitz <jandara wrote:

Thanks for the information... I didn't know that. I thought soy milk would be a good alternative if he couldn't drink regular milk.... I had no idea it caused all these problems.

Jandara

Soy should never ever be given to children under any circumstances. They are not designed to digest and process the estrogens.

Two extremely carcinogenic substances known as lysinoalanine and nitrosamines are found in soy products that are processed under high heat. Always avoid soy products that have been processed this way.

It has been shown in many studies that the phytic acid in soy interferes with the absorption of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc, and that high phytic diets cause growth problems in children. Soy was also found to cause goiter or the enlargement of the thyroid gland in infants!

JanNitz <jandara wrote:

Jandara

Jandara

Discover Find restaurants, movies, travel & more fun for the weekend. Check it out!

Discover Find restaurants, movies, travel more fun for the weekend. Check it out!

Guest guest

I agree with Dan. I am a type O, and soy is the worst food offender for me. I also have lupus, as many of you know, and soy is an estrogen mimicker, which has been proven to activate autoimmune responses. Amelia

On Behalf Of DanSunday, June 05, 2005 3:17 AM Subject: Re: New and have a question

Only adults should should consume soy that has been processed correctly and then only those blood types that are A, B, and AB. It is beneficial in types A's, neutral in B's and AB's. Poison to all type O's.

Jandara

JanNitz <jandara wrote:

Jandara

Jandara

Guest guest

I have a lot to learn! I thank you all for being so helpful.

Jandara

I agree with Dan. I am a type O, and soy is the worst food offender for me. I also have lupus, as many of you know, and soy is an estrogen mimicker, which has been proven to activate autoimmune responses. Amelia

On Behalf Of DanSunday, June 05, 2005 3:17 AM Subject: Re: New and have a question

Jandara

JanNitz <jandara wrote:

Jandara

Jandara

Guest guest

Hi Jandara and all,

My 12 year old daughter takes allegra for her

allergies. She always seems to have a stomach ache

too. I never put that 2 and 2 together about the side

effects of the allegra. Of course, when she started on

Allegra, I was still stoned stupid on morphine. Maybe

I didn't read that side effect, or maybe I just forgot

reading it! Back then it was a good day if I could

remember my own name! But I wanted to say Thank You,

Jandara, for bringing this to my attnetion (or back to

my attention, maybe!). See, you are new here, but have

already offered information that has helped someone,

or will help my daughter I hope!

Blessings,

Renee

--- Amelia Gerlach <ameliagerlach wrote:

> Jandara, it's always a good idea to treat things

> naturally rather than with

> poisonous drugs. You can also make muffins with the

> flax and that would be a

> delicious way to have more fiber.

>

> _____

>

>

> On Behalf

> Of JanNitz

> Saturday, June 04, 2005 10:18 AM

>

> Re: New and have a

> question

>

>

> Now flaxseed meal I have already... I haven't tried

> giving him any of it

> though... maybe I'll add some to some oatmeal for

> his breakfast. I use it

> myself when I make a smoothie... a little milk, ice,

> oatmeal, honey and

> about a tablespoon of the flax....

> Jesse takes Allegra for allergies and I've been

> reading up on the side

> affects of that and one is stomach pain and

> constipation...so this may be

> what is causing his problem. I think I'll try not

> giving him the allegra

> for awhile and see if I see an improvement.

> Jandara

>

>

> I use Bob's Red Mill Organic , Whole Ground,

> Flaxseed Meal for constipation.

> Flaxseed meal provides fiber, lignans & omega-3

> fats. This is all natural

> and will not harm the colon; some of the " over the

> counter " items can be

> harmful over a period of time. It would be very

> important for a child to

> not use drugs for constipation.

>

> I use 2 T flaxseed meal with a little honey and then

> add a cup of hot water.

> I like the nutty flavor and I'm getting nutritional

> value. One could also

> mix this in oatmeal. I have constipation due to

> being on medication,

> Diflucan. I have coccidioidomycosis or valley

> fever.

>

> You might check with a health food store for this

> item. I have purchased

> mine at Wild Oats and Whole Foods.

> www.bobsredmill.com

>

> -

> JanNitz <jandara

>

> Friday, June 03, 2005 1:10 PM

> question

>

> No.. I live in a tiny little town... nowhere to shop

> here besides the Wal

> Mart and one small grocery store. I'll do some

> looking around and see

> what I can find.

> Jandara

>

> -

> Amelia Gerlach

> <ameliagerlach

>

> Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:43 PM

> RE: New and have a

> question

>

> Do you have a Whole Foods supermarket or Earth Fare

> or any health food

> store? Soy is a very common allergen too.

>

> _____

>

>

> On Behalf

> Of JanNitz

> Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:09 PM

>

> question

>

>

>

>

> Thanks.. I " ll try that...what about soy milk? Do

> you think that would be

> ok? I'm not sure where I can find oat milk or

> almond milk around here...

> but I " ll look for it.

> Jandara

>

> He's probably allergic to milk. That happens to me

> when I drink it. It also

> is known for causing constipation. Try switching to

> oat milk or almond milk

> and see what happens. For calcium, you can give him

> fortified orange juice.

>

> _____

>

>

> On Behalf

> Of JanNitz

> Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:56 PM

>

> New and have a question

>

>

> Hello.... My name is Jandara... I just recently

> joined the group and I'm

> looking for ideas to help my son. His name is Jesse

> and he's eight years

> old. For the past several months he's been having

> stomach aches on an

> almost daily basis... the doctor that I took him

> too says that it's

> constipation... I'm wondering what types of foods

> we should avoid .... he

> drinks a lot of milk... I wonder if the milk might

> be the problem... I'm

> just looking for ideas.... hate to see the little

> guy with a stomach ache

> every day.

> Jandara

>

>

>

>

>

> _____

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Renee.. nice to meet you. I've stopped the Allegra with Jesse and he is doing better... I do believe that's what the problem was... I started really thinking about it and I remember last spring he was complaining of stomach aches also... he was on the Allegra then too...

I hope your daughter gets rid of the stomach aches too...

Take care

Jandara

Hi Jandara and all, My 12 year old daughter takes allegra for herallergies. She always seems to have a stomach achetoo. I never put that 2 and 2 together about the sideeffects of the allegra. Of course, when she started onAllegra, I was still stoned stupid on morphine. MaybeI didn't read that side effect, or maybe I just forgotreading it! Back then it was a good day if I couldremember my own name! But I wanted to say Thank You,Jandara, for bringing this to my attnetion (or back tomy attention, maybe!). See, you are new here, but havealready offered information that has helped someone,or will help my daughter I hope!Blessings,Renee--- Amelia Gerlach <ameliagerlach wrote:> Jandara, it's always a good idea to treat things> naturally rather than with> poisonous drugs. You can also make muffins with the> flax and that would be a> delicious way to have more fiber. > > _____ > > > On Behalf> Of JanNitz> Saturday, June 04, 2005 10:18 AM> > Re: New and have a> question> > > Now flaxseed meal I have already... I haven't tried> giving him any of it> though... maybe I'll add some to some oatmeal for> his breakfast. I use it> myself when I make a smoothie... a little milk, ice,> oatmeal, honey and> about a tablespoon of the flax....> Jesse takes Allegra for allergies and I've been> reading up on the side> affects of that and one is stomach pain and> constipation...so this may be> what is causing his problem. I think I'll try not> giving him the allegra> for awhile and see if I see an improvement. > Jandara> > > I use Bob's Red Mill Organic , Whole Ground,> Flaxseed Meal for constipation.> Flaxseed meal provides fiber, lignans & omega-3> fats. This is all natural> and will not harm the colon; some of the "over the> counter" items can be> harmful over a period of time. It would be very> important for a child to> not use drugs for constipation.> > I use 2 T flaxseed meal with a little honey and then> add a cup of hot water.> I like the nutty flavor and I'm getting nutritional> value. One could also> mix this in oatmeal. I have constipation due to> being on medication,> Diflucan. I have coccidioidomycosis or valley> fever.> > You might check with a health food store for this> item. I have purchased> mine at Wild Oats and Whole Foods. > www.bobsredmill.com> > - > JanNitz <jandara > > Friday, June 03, 2005 1:10 PM> Re: New and have a> question> > No.. I live in a tiny little town... nowhere to shop> here besides the Wal> Mart and one small grocery store. I'll do some> looking around and see> what I can find. > Jandara> > - > Amelia Gerlach> <ameliagerlach > > Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:43 PM> RE: New and have a> question> > Do you have a Whole Foods supermarket or Earth Fare> or any health food> store? Soy is a very common allergen too.> > _____ > > > On Behalf> Of JanNitz> Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:09 PM> > Re: New and have a> question> > > > > Thanks.. I"ll try that...what about soy milk? Do> you think that would be> ok? I'm not sure where I can find oat milk or> almond milk around here...> but I"ll look for it. > Jandara> > He's probably allergic to milk. That happens to me> when I drink it. It also> is known for causing constipation. Try switching to> oat milk or almond milk> and see what happens. For calcium, you can give him> fortified orange juice. > > _____ > > > On Behalf> Of JanNitz> Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:56 PM> > New and have a question> > > Hello.... My name is Jandara... I just recently> joined the group and I'm> looking for ideas to help my son. His name is Jesse> and he's eight years> old. For the past several months he's been having> stomach aches on an> almost daily basis... the doctor that I took him> too says that it's> constipation... I'm wondering what types of foods> we should avoid .... he> drinks a lot of milk... I wonder if the milk might> be the problem... I'm> just looking for ideas.... hate to see the little> guy with a stomach ache> every day. > Jandara> > > > > > _____ > >

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi Jandara,

I've been off line for awhile. A storm knocked out

my DSL for a couple weeks. I have noticed too that

when my daughter isn't taking her Allegra she

complains much less about stomach aches too. What does

Jesse take for his allergies now? I have tried OTC

clatitan with Melanie, but it doesn't seem to work as

well. She is on Singulair too, although she doesn't

have asthma. It is supposed to help her breathe at

night. She uses Patanol too for itchy eyes. Maybe we

could just eliminate the Allegra altogether and see

how her allergies do with just the other too meds.

First Fitness had an homeopathic allergy formula, but

they discontinued it several years ago. I have been

after the company to bring it back. Melanie didn't

need anything for her allergies when she took

" Aller-Ease " . There is another homeopathic remedy I

would like to try with her, recommended by my

radiation oncologist, called AllerWise. You can get it

at health food stores. If you have any suggestions for

replacing the Allegra, I'm all ears!

Blessings,

Renee

--- JanNitz <jandara wrote:

> Hi Renee.. nice to meet you. I've stopped the

> Allegra with Jesse and he is doing better... I do

> believe that's what the problem was... I started

> really thinking about it and I remember last spring

> he was complaining of stomach aches also... he was

> on the Allegra then too...

> I hope your daughter gets rid of the stomach aches

> too...

> Take care

> Jandara

>

>

>

> Hi Jandara and all,

>

> My 12 year old daughter takes allegra for her

> allergies. She always seems to have a stomach ache

> too. I never put that 2 and 2 together about the

> side

> effects of the allegra. Of course, when she

> started on

> Allegra, I was still stoned stupid on morphine.

> Maybe

> I didn't read that side effect, or maybe I just

> forgot

> reading it! Back then it was a good day if I

> could

> remember my own name! But I wanted to say Thank

> You,

> Jandara, for bringing this to my attnetion (or

> back to

> my attention, maybe!). See, you are new here, but

> have

> already offered information that has helped

> someone,

> or will help my daughter I hope!

>

> Blessings,

> Renee

>

> --- Amelia Gerlach <ameliagerlach

> wrote:

>

> > Jandara, it's always a good idea to treat things

> > naturally rather than with

> > poisonous drugs. You can also make muffins with

> the

> > flax and that would be a

> > delicious way to have more fiber.

> >

> > _____

> >

> >

> > On

> Behalf

> > Of JanNitz

> > Saturday, June 04, 2005 10:18 AM

> >

> > Re: New and have a

> > question

> >

> >

> > Now flaxseed meal I have already... I haven't

> tried

> > giving him any of it

> > though... maybe I'll add some to some oatmeal

> for

> > his breakfast. I use it

> > myself when I make a smoothie... a little milk,

> ice,

> > oatmeal, honey and

> > about a tablespoon of the flax....

> > Jesse takes Allegra for allergies and I've been

> > reading up on the side

> > affects of that and one is stomach pain and

> > constipation...so this may be

> > what is causing his problem. I think I'll try

> not

> > giving him the allegra

> > for awhile and see if I see an improvement.

> > Jandara

> >

> >

> > I use Bob's Red Mill Organic , Whole Ground,

> > Flaxseed Meal for constipation.

> > Flaxseed meal provides fiber, lignans & omega-3

> > fats. This is all natural

> > and will not harm the colon; some of the " over

> the

> > counter " items can be

> > harmful over a period of time. It would be very

> > important for a child to

> > not use drugs for constipation.

> >

> > I use 2 T flaxseed meal with a little honey and

> then

> > add a cup of hot water.

> > I like the nutty flavor and I'm getting

> nutritional

> > value. One could also

> > mix this in oatmeal. I have constipation due to

> > being on medication,

> > Diflucan. I have coccidioidomycosis or valley

> > fever.

> >

> > You might check with a health food store for

> this

> > item. I have purchased

> > mine at Wild Oats and Whole Foods.

> > www.bobsredmill.com

> >

> > -

> > JanNitz <jandara

> >

> > Friday, June 03, 2005 1:10 PM

> > question

> >

> > No.. I live in a tiny little town... nowhere to

> shop

> > here besides the Wal

> > Mart and one small grocery store. I'll do

> some

> > looking around and see

> > what I can find.

> > Jandara

> >

> > -

> > Amelia Gerlach

> > <ameliagerlach

> >

> > Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:43 PM

> > RE: New and have a

> > question

> >

> > Do you have a Whole Foods supermarket or Earth

> Fare

> > or any health food

> > store? Soy is a very common allergen too.

> >

> > _____

> >

> >

> > On

> Behalf

> > Of JanNitz

> > Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:09 PM

> >

> > question

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Thanks.. I " ll try that...what about soy milk?

> Do

> > you think that would be

> > ok? I'm not sure where I can find oat milk or

> > almond milk around here...

> > but I " ll look for it.

> > Jandara

> >

> > He's probably allergic to milk. That happens to

> me

> > when I drink it. It also

> > is known for causing constipation. Try switching

> to