IndiaDivine.org

Colloidal Silver

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My personal experience, for what it's worth, to add to the jumble of info:

I have a generator and make my own CS, and it's easy.

Applied externally, the stuff is phenomenal! Strep throat gone in 90 minutes

after gargling and spraying the throat once every 30 minutes with CS. A

yeast-infected diaper rash gone in 6 hours. Ringworm zapped faster than tea

tree oil does. The nasty infection in my aunt's diabetes-induced foot ulcers

gone in 1 day, and the ulcers healed (for the first time in months) in 3 days.

Internally, I haven't been too impressed. Maybe I and the people I know are

taking incorrect dosages or something, but garlic works far better on most

systemic infections. The only clear positive outcomes I'm familiar with, from

taking CS internally, are several puppies that my chiropractor cured of parvo

(tests confirmed infection and cure) with CS.

I'm ambivalent about taking a heavy metal internally, especially when there are

non-toxic and actually nourishing herbs available. But the great successes that

burn centers have with silver-laden creams do encourage me to keep using it

externally.

A couple other odd uses . . . it keeps nectar fresh and un-moldy in a

hummingbird feeder for months at a time (1/2 oz CS in 10 oz nectar) . . .

sprayed onto the leaves, it kills that nasty fungus that roses get . . .

Laura

Kathy and anyone else interested--

Here`s how to make Colloidal Silver easily:You`ll need 3 nine-volt batteries, (Lithiums last 4 times longer thanalkalines, if you can afford them, about 21 bucks at Radio Shack)2 five inch pieces of pure silver wire, 14 gauge, .999 fine, (not sterlingas it has other metals in it.)2 alligator clips, (the kind with 2 clips on either end of a plastic coatedwire, 2 sets actually, also available at the Shack)2 cups of distilled water in a glass measuring cup, (always use glass tomake CS in. I have a cup used solely for making my CS in.)A new green scrubber, just for this purpose.An empty water bottle to store your finished CS in.Rinse the cup and storage bottle with distilled water to remove any dust orsoap residue. Take the batteries and snap them together, one upside down on top of theother two. This will leave two empty posts. Connect the silver wires to theposts with the two alligator clips.Drop the wires into the water, with about 4 inches submerged, and about 1inch apart.They tend to float around, so you can put a candycane bend in the top of thewires and hang that over the lip of the cup.It is now working. You can`t get shocked by it.Now leave it for about 30 minutes. You may notice some bubbles coming offone wire, and fine wisps of gold coming off the other, that is the Colloidforming! The bubbles are hydrogen, from the water. There will be a buildupof fuzz on one wire, that is silver oxide. It is harmless, but wipe it offwith a paper towel. Replace the wires, and time for another 30 minutes. Thisgives a CS of about 18 PPM. The longer it sits the higher the PPM.When finished, wipe off the wires with a paper towel, then with the greenscrubber, and detach the batteries. Store it all in a ziploc bag to keep ithandy. I take 3 big swallows a day for an active infection, sometimes even more.One a day for a preventive. I use it topically too, and even in theeyes. It is mild and doesn`t sting. Doesn`t taste too bad either. Some folksnotice a metallic tang, others don`t.

We have used colloidal silver in the following ways:1. Drink 8 ounces daily, 4 oz in am and 4 in PM, as a preventative.2. Mouth wash and gargle, alternative to toothpaste.3. In the vaporizer to prevent germs and infections from spreading in thehouse and office.4. As a topical antiseptic for small cuts and burns.5. As a germicide for kitchen dish cloth and around the kitchen sink,especially when handling raw meat.6. As a germicide for raw meats- especially chicken. Soak the raw chickenin a light solution of CS water for at least 10 minutes (to kill ecoli onthesurfaces), then cook.7. As a preservative, when canning and cooking(don't know who posted this one to the group).8. Sprayed into the shower and tub area, to control athletes foot, showerfunguses and mold from even starting.9. For all pets, in their water, as a preventative.10. In the bird bath to control algae and mold.11. DON'T USE in a fish aquarium (learned the hard way). The CS is soeffective it can kill all the good bacteria (along with the bad) that fishneed to survive.Do you know to use Colloidal Silver in a nebulizer for lungs, as a douch foryeast infection (yes it will fix that) hold a mouthful directly on infectedgum, drop into eyes, sprayed onto kitchen counters, cutting boards, sprayedonto burns, cuts,wounds after surgery, as mouthwash or with dental waterpik, Hemmoroids(yes one of the research members turned this one in--I don'tknow the application, I guess just dab it on??)One guy that was having a time getting over a sore throat, finallygot the CS to work by hanging upside down over the side of his bed andletting a little CS drip from his mouth into his throat. He feels this wasthe only way direct contact was made. Sometimes, its just the means of application that makes the differencewhether something will get well or not!!HERE IS ONE OF THE EXPERIENCES OF ONE CS RESEARCH GROUP MEMBER:my best dog suddenly developed a large growth on her right haunch.it was asbig AS A PING-PONG BALL by the time we noticed it.the vet said it wasmalignant and should be taken off immediately. i thought this was aopportunity to experiment. and even though i love her as much as any familymember i chose to have the vet treat her as I wished.after stern warningfrom him he did the following.he had his assistant fill a couple syringes with my CS. he injested the baseof the tumor from all four side and the injected into the SAC of the tumor acouple times. the vet had no prior knowledge of CS. having known browniesince birth he thought i was "throwing away" a fine dog.He gave ZERO chanceof success, after all he ha seen numerous cases like this. and he said evenwith an operation she was doomed but would extend her life.he said withoutshe would live only 6mos to 1 yr max.he told me to bring her back in 10days. at which time he was completely amazed that it had shrunk by half. heENTHUSIASTICaLY repeated the treatment. when i returned the tumor was almostgone. even the hair had begun growing on it's surface.he treated her againbut reduced to level as appropriate to the size. that was end of treatment.it's four years later and she is sleeping next to me right now.CS also cureda parvo epidemic i had. no more i now put CS in dogs water and spray theirarea as well as our own living area w/ CS not only sanitary but remembermany household odors are caused by bacteria.Let me know if you have any questions. I`m glad to help! I was told its better to give the recipe than to try to trade CS for something I want.

Elaine

-

Kathy Arenz

herbal remedies

Tuesday, January 30, 2001 6:26 PM

RE: [herbal remedies] Re: Colloidal Silver

Alright everyone,Fill this novice in if you please........What the heck is this stuff and howdo your "make" it?Love and hugsKathy

> Laura, that was a great update (specially the rose tidbit, I hunted for a cure

for months for a friend ....)

Thanks :-) I'm like you . . . I've got this stuff, so now I try it out on

everything to see what it will do!

> What type of generator do YOU use? I'm seriously contemplating, but the only

one I find looking good and convertable to 220 and then some is about 140

dollars.... seems to be a bit much, although it is a pro design and registered

and all..... any thoughts?

Elaine's instructions for making one with 3 9-volt batteries will work great. I

have a commercial one that is powered with 9-volt batteries. My husband is an

electronic technician, and when he saw it, he (of course) took it apart and

inspected the innards. Then he made me an electrically-powered one so that I

wouldn't keep using up batteries. We try not to use batteries unless they're

rechargable, since they pollute so terribly when you throw them away.

Anyway, my husband said that all you need is a source of about 27 volts of DC

power. You hook the silver wires up to opposite ends of the electric circuit

and then stick them in water, which completes the circuit and voila -- colloidal

silver!

I'm not sure what the electrical standard is in Germany, but in the US we get

120 volts AC from the wall outlets in our houses. My husband happened to have a

transformer handy (those little black cube-shaped plugs on the ends of various

appliance cords) and it happened to be a 24-volt transformer. In other words,

it 'transforms' the 120 volts AC from the wall into 24 volts DC that runs into

the cord, which just happens to be the right thing for making CS :-) The

transformer still had the electrical cord on it (it had been removed from a

small appliance). If you look at the cords on your lamp and other household

electrical stuff, you'll see that they are actually two wires side-by-side. My

husband pulled the two wires apart and stuck an alligator clip on the end of

each one. That's it. Very fancy, eh?

Sorcy, if I were you, I would go for the 3 batteries version. All you need is a

source of power, and I sure as heck wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars on it.

One thing I have discovered about making the CS -- the temperature of the water

changes the length of time it takes to make it. I used warm water one day and

of course the electrical reaction occurs faster at higher temps, so I ended up

with 'mud' because I wasn't paying attention. The water will only hold just so

much silver, and then it quits looking like filmy water and starts looking like

some weird miasma out of a science fiction movie. So start with cool water, so

it doesn't take you by surprise!

Take care,

Laura

Laura and Sorcy- yesterday I held a class here at my home t teach ladies how to make Colloidal Silver. To show them the difference between using room temp water and just boiling water, I made the first batch with room temp. It took over an hour to get a tinge in the water. The second and the next three batches, I used water I had kept almost boiling on the stove. The hot water cut the time drastically!! I made the second batch so dark amber, I was afraid they would not use it, so I poured it into my own bottle!! But I kept an eye on the next three batches after that and each were barely tinged. Did you all get the link for the Hanna meter for $50 so you can check the strength of your CS when you make it? I'll send it again if you need it.

love,Elaine

-

mamalaura

herbal remedies

Tuesday, January 30, 2001 9:39 PM

[herbal remedies] Re: Colloidal Silver

> Laura, that was a great update (specially the rose tidbit, I hunted for a cure for months for a friend ....)Thanks :-) I'm like you . . . I've got this stuff, so now I try it out on everything to see what it will do!> What type of generator do YOU use? I'm seriously contemplating, but the only one I find looking good and convertable to 220 and then some is about 140 dollars.... seems to be a bit much, although it is a pro design and registered and all..... any thoughts?Elaine's instructions for making one with 3 9-volt batteries will work great. I have a commercial one that is powered with 9-volt batteries. My husband is an electronic technician, and when he saw it, he (of course) took it apart and inspected the innards. Then he made me an electrically-powered one so that I wouldn't keep using up batteries. We try not to use batteries unless they're rechargable, since they pollute so terribly when you throw them away.Anyway, my husband said that all you need is a source of about 27 volts of DC power. You hook the silver wires up to opposite ends of the electric circuit and then stick them in water, which completes the circuit and voila -- colloidal silver!I'm not sure what the electrical standard is in Germany, but in the US we get 120 volts AC from the wall outlets in our houses. My husband happened to have a transformer handy (those little black cube-shaped plugs on the ends of various appliance cords) and it happened to be a 24-volt transformer. In other words, it 'transforms' the 120 volts AC from the wall into 24 volts DC that runs into the cord, which just happens to be the right thing for making CS :-) The transformer still had the electrical cord on it (it had been removed from a small appliance). If you look at the cords on your lamp and other household electrical stuff, you'll see that they are actually two wires side-by-side. My husband pulled the two wires apart and stuck an alligator clip on the end of each one. That's it. Very fancy, eh?Sorcy, if I were you, I would go for the 3 batteries version. All you need is a source of power, and I sure as heck wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars on it.One thing I have discovered about making the CS -- the temperature of the water changes the length of time it takes to make it. I used warm water one day and of course the electrical reaction occurs faster at higher temps, so I ended up with 'mud' because I wasn't paying attention. The water will only hold just so much silver, and then it quits looking like filmy water and starts looking like some weird miasma out of a science fiction movie. So start with cool water, so it doesn't take you by surprise!Take care,LauraFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of Naturopathyian_shillington

Sorcy- the bottom line of that e-mail from the big wig company is MONEY in their pocket. The research group would LOVE for you to come in and talk about it with them. Would you, any or all of you interested in Colloidal Silver? This is going to get too far out of hand when one believes what a bigwig company says above proven healing from Homemade Colloidal Silver-even low ppms are extremely effective. You need to talk with this group who uses Colloidal Silver on a daily basis for anything and everything. I am biting my tongue off as I write this. I don't want to hurt any of my sisters feelings here. http://clubs./clubs/colloidalsilver/bbsfrp?action=r & tid=colloidalsilver & sid=12168208 & mid=4341

love,Elaine

-

Krupa, Gabrielle Ms

herbal remedies

Wednesday, January 31, 2001 12:24 AM

[herbal remedies] Re: Colloidal Silver

here's the answer I got from one of the bigwig companies:Hello Gabrielle,The reason that there are those who mention that the process should not be allowed to go beyond 13 minutes, is because they are selling a cheap piece of equipment that does not have any circuitry to control ppm or particle size, current, voltage or anything else for that matter. Then they lie and make it sound like they are doing things the right way, this is how evil intent operates.They normally are selling a simple 3 nine volt battery set-up, this is not the best way to go.The Colloid Master ® is registered with the US Patent and Trademark office as: "A scientific Instrument designed for dispersing metals into a colloidal state, such as a liquid or solution."The Colloid Master ® is sophisticated and professionally designed. It uses a polarity reversal feature that then forces the particles toward the opposite side electromagnetically, throughout the process. The ppm is adjustable, and it is automated, it shuts off when the process is complete.If one uses a pump to circulate the solution you may also expose the colloid to the electromagnetic fields produced by the pump.If this is not well thought out, regarding the field produced by the motor of the pump, it may have the opposite effect desired and actually degrade the colloid, such as causing aggregation. Also, we have found the particlesare more consistent if the process is allowed to have a symmetrical patternof exposure to the current, that then causes a consistent particle size production that is also stable.That is why many doctors, engineers and other professionals choose the Colloid Master ®.We have been selling colloid making equipment for many years, on-line since1997, that is a long time for the Internet. We know the difference between the Johnny come lately hype, and the solid science that makes our equipmenta cut above the rest.We offer a 30 day money back guarantee and lifetime parts and workmanship, that says it all in a nutshell.Thanks for your interest.Kind regards,Vince GoetschFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of Naturopathyian_shillington

Yes SorcyJust snap'em and pop the wires in the water like the instructions said.(youcandothis,youcandothis)

Elaine

-

Krupa, Gabrielle Ms

herbal remedies

Wednesday, January 31, 2001 12:19 AM

RE: [herbal remedies] Re: Colloidal Silver

Elaine, this is SO much cheaper.... hmm... is that the way you make yours?Just wire and snapping the batteries together, 2x30 minutes? I can dothat. I even have the wire already... had it for a year <lol>If you use the same system, since you already know your quality, I willfollow suit....Sorcychanting (icandothis, icandothis)Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of Naturopathyian_shillington

• 7 months later...

The best discipline when making your own silver solution is to make sure

that nothing but distilled water ever touches the jar and storage bottles.

Storage should be in brown or blue glass because light changes the silver,

making results more unpredictable. Sometimes it is necessary to clean out

your jars, and then it is best to use only a mild natural soap such as Dr.

Bronner's. When doing any washing, it is best to do an extra final rinse

with distilled water.

Chlorine bleach is especially harmful. It leaves behind a slight residue,

even after rinsing. Really, chlorine bleach should be used only in

situations where a surface is being cleaned daily, such as in a commercial

kitchen. I have noticed that molds appear to grow more readily on chlorine

bleach residue.

Smoke coming off the electrodes is not a good sign. It usually means that

the solution is going to be too potent. It's all a delicate balance.

At 12:51 PM 9/17/01 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi all...I'm a lurker here---got on the list several weeks ago. First off,

>thanks Doc for cleaning house here of folks who were just insighting anger

>for the patriots. Not easy to read when you've just finished crying.

>

>What I wanted to say is in reference to the colloidal silver. I bought a

>battery operated generator about a year ago and use it all the time. My

>brew is usually yellow/brown in color too. I use a quart Mason jar to make

>my silver and in time the jar gets a brown film on the insides.

>Occasionally I bleach it out and air it so all the bleach leaves the

>surface. Sometimes, I guess depending on the quality of the distilled

>water, my silver works better sometimes than others. If I leave a bit of

>the old batch in the jar before brewing another one, I have better luck in

>the electrodes sending out that neat smoke off of the silver wires. Sort of

>the idea of using a bit of the old bread starter to make a new batch of the

>new bread. Seems to work everytime!

>

>Just my thoughts.

>Melissa in TN

> " To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield... " ---Tennyson

>

-- Michael Riversong **

Professional Harpist, Educator, and Writer **

RivEdu ** Phone: (307)635-0900 FAX (413)691-0399

http://home.earthlink.net/~mriversong

• 9 months later...
Guest guest

herbal remedies, Robin <rnowakerth@e...> wrote:

> Hey Doc, this one's for you- (and anyone else...)

>

> how do you feel about colloidal silver? I was visiting my sister

this past

> weekend and she told me of her stopped up ear that she's had for a

week or

> more. I went to their health food store to grab some echinacea and

> goldenseal and the guy told me about the colloidal silver and gave

me a

> document about it. I thought, oh, what the heck, we'll just check

it out.

> So, loaded with all of that (and some immune boost for me!) I went

back to

> her house and started reading and dosing. I had the makings of

an " allergic

> reaction " to that part of Texas (ewwwwwww dirt blowing, high winds,

no

> humidity....which lead to sore throat, achy ears, fuzzy head...) so

I took

> some too. Within several hours, my throat wasn't sore and my

sinuses

> cleared... could have been the immune boost (sambucol brand).

>

> I haven't checked in with her today to see if she's been diligently

taking

> the stuff--I told her she needed to be adamant about it to be a

good guinea

> pig. (Oh please don't ask me abouther diet... please please

please.... just

> shudder and know that's the appropriate reaction.)

>

> Just wondered what you thought.

>

> LOVE the lecture. Thank you for the gift!!!

> Robin

I would like to know how is your sister doing. I'v red about this a

lot. I have a friend with lung cancer, he is on Dr. Hulda program

now but i was going to recomend him Colodial silver also.

Keep posting please

jasmina

Guest guest

well, as my sis isn't one to sit around and let things naturally heal, she

went to the clinic the day after I left (after we'd been on CS for two

days.) He had no idea about goldenseal and CS ( and he was a very old man)

and gave her a bunch of samples of antibiotics, nose sprays, and ear drops.

She used the ear drops and really couldn't hear. She went to work and a

co-worker (who is a native american) told her about 'ear candling'. She

went home that evening, rolled up a piece of paper in a funnel shape, put it

in her ear, lit the paper and let it burn a little. BAMMO-she could hear.

I think that has something to do with negative pressure as the paper burns

(right?). so, my guinea pig bailed on me!!!

I will however keep it on hand to test on the kids, husband, or whomever

else walks by looking like they need a good dose!!! I did rub some on a

neighbor's elbow where exema keeps its place. I'll check on that too and

let you know.

Robin

• 2 months later...

Kathe,

I got some detailed information about colloidal silver from Gary Carlson who directs the Candida Wellness Center, because I'm handling a very stubborn and long term Candida yeast overgrowth. He cautions that there is a big difference among silver products. Some formulas are not suspended properly and have a tendency to come out of solution and settle at the bottom of their containers. If any of the silver particles are larger than .001 microns, they can be toxic to the body and remain within the tissues and cause a graying of the skin, developing into a condition called Argyria. Do not assume that a silver product is safe unless you know that the particle size is small enough to flow freely through the smallest capillaries of the body and enter and be removed completely from the cells and tissues. I am taking this information from Gary's booklet called The Candida Yeast Answer. It is extremely detailed and well researched.

Hope this helps.

Marie

-

nkbaker2001

herbal remedies

Wednesday, August 21, 2002 11:55 AM

[herbal remedies] colloidal silver

Can anyone give me some good solid info about colloidal silver? I've heard big pros and cons about the stuff. Is this worthwhile using or not? Thanks, KatheFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

The main fact about colloidal silver is that there are big pros and cons about

it. You never know what's going to happen until you try it.

That said, i've never heard of any case where any serious harm has come to

someone by using it. It's certainly not as dangerous as the average

pharmaceutical product.

It is possible for someone to screw up making colloidal silver. The particles

could be too big, which makes the solution look yellow, or occasionally if

someone is trying to get too fancy they will end up creating something called

a silver protein. That's pretty extreme -- they have to be using contaminated

water or adding exotic ingredients for that to happen. In these cases the

silver will be mildly poisonous and may give the skin a blue tint for a while.

The solution itself may look milky, grey, or even black. What you want is a

nearly clear solution, with just a hint of white.

Otherwise, colloidal silver is safe. But in many cases it is also

ineffective.

When it does work, it tends to reduce the severity of infections for the most

part. We know that silver works against viruses and bacteria, which is better

than many antibiotics which can only touch bacteria. In fact there are very

few pharmaceutical products that will ever do anything against viruses, and

all of these so far have violent side effects for many patients. So colloidal

silver can be worth a try if there appears to be an infection.

Some people have made pretty outrageous claims for the stuff. Like curing

cancer, herpes, bad breath, pimples, etc. Maybe it does in some people. At

least, assuming it's made properly in the first place, it can't harm anyone.

Of course small doses, like a mouthful once or twice a day, is a prudent way

to use it. You can use unlimited amounts externally.

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:55:20 -0000 nkbaker2001 <nkbaker2001 wrote:

> Can anyone give me some good solid info about

> colloidal silver? I've

> heard big pros and cons about the stuff. Is

> this worthwhile using or

> not? Thanks, Kathe

>

• 9 months later...
Guest guest

Debra,

You may also want to just try to boost

your cat’s immune system with plant-based enzymes and probiotics,

and whole foods, not the “junk” cat food that is available at

grocery stores. What type of food

is she eating now? Medication

usually won’t fix the problem – it may cover it up for a while –

but you need to go to the source of the problem and fix that.

Carol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

whole-food supplements

that provide nutrients

essential for the health

of people, pets and plants.

http://www.BlueGreenSolutions.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

D & H

[hodgee]

Thursday, June 19, 2003 3:28 AM

To:

colloidal silver

Elaine,

How do you make colloidal silver. I have a cat

that has feline herpes and it aggravates his eyes. I thought maybe this

would help since the medication I have gotten from the vet hasn't fixed the

problem.

Thank,

Debra

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

You will get mixed emotions on this... it is however, never good to put alot of silver into your body. Personally, when I tried it - it really never did anything... my herbs did so much more.... but for some it works great...

Suzircj112 <rcj112 wrote:

Anyone ever hear of this? Is it any good? It's suppose to be good for fighting off viruses.Thanks.rc

• 2 months later...

I have been making colloidal silver for the past year or so and I have had great

results with it. It is made simply with 100% pure, distilled water, pure silver

and electricity. That is it. There are inexpensive generators on sale online.

You can make your own, but I would recommend one of these. I can provide links

to the generators I use but I am not sure if it would be out of line with the

policy of this list. anyone can email me offline for more info on this or just

give me the green light and I will write all that I know about colloidal silver.

Also, what is critically important is that colloidal silver is made with only

distilled water. If you put different substances in the mix you will be making

different compounds such as silver nitrade or silver chloride, not colloidal

silver. Colloidal silver has gotten a bad rap because of people creating it

incorrectly and a few, having created it incorrectly, have experienced a side

effect known as argyria which is a graying of the skin color. You will NOT get

argyria from properly made colloidal silver. This is a fact. The only rule to

follow is to make it with only distilled water. I have found steam distilled

from my local health food store to be the purest. (I have a pure water tester

that measures the conductivity of water and it will give me an accurate

depiction of the ppm of my colloidal silver solution).

If anyone wants more info let me know. I don't want to step over the edge twice

in one day so I am cutting it short here :) However if the lists tolerates this

discussion I have a lot more to say on the topic.

Leah [edwardsera]

Tue 10/21/2003 4:37 PM

herbal_Remedies

Cc:

[herbal remedies] colloidal silver

Does anyone have a recipe for colloidal silver?

I used some from the hfs and it worked great. just wondered if anyone has has

any luck making it and a recipe for it???

thanks, Leah

• 10 months later...

On both of the CS lists I am on they speak very poorly of CS that

strong and often say it is a mild silver protein. I make my own and so

do most of the people on those lists. Mine is about 10 PPM and does a

great job. I take about an ounce a day all winter increasing if there

is reason. It can be make at home for the price of distilled water

with a " Silverpuppy " machine that cost $115. I trust it far more than

that over priced strange colored stuff. course at the price they

charge, you are not likely to turn blue from using a mild silver

protein. Never use salt to make it either, just distilled water , .999

silver wire and a bit of electricity.

On Sep 18, 2004, at 8:51 AM, herbal remedies wrote:

> Colloidal Silver Question

>

> I just recieved the 1100ppm Colodial Silver I ordered and was

> wondering what color is this stuff suppossed to be? Mines brown,

> just curious.................

Two cents from a stranger :o)

We have had fantastic results from CS. We found a prepared Nasal

mist that is CS and it has worked wonders for runny noses and mild

alergies related to nasal irritation...dries things RIGHT up. We've

also used a few drops in the ear along with ear oil for Faster

healing!

The prepared stuff is completely clear it's by Source Naturals and

they have bottles that are not in nasal spray format too (the stuff

we get from our neighbor is homemade and clear too) .

We did once get some other stuff that was not clear, it also didnt

work so well and left a bad taste in the mouth, we steer clear of

that one now.

Sylvia

herbal remedies , anomie <anomie@z...> wrote:

> On both of the CS lists I am on they speak very poorly of CS that

> strong and often say it is a mild silver protein. I make my own

and so

> do most of the people on those lists. Mine is about 10 PPM and

does a

> great job. I take about an ounce a day all winter increasing if

there

> is reason. It can be make at home for the price of distilled

water

> with a " Silverpuppy " machine that cost $115. I trust it far more

than

> that over priced strange colored stuff. course at the price they

> charge, you are not likely to turn blue from using a mild silver

> protein. Never use salt to make it either, just distilled

water , .999

> silver wire and a bit of electricity.

>

> On Sep 18, 2004, at 8:51 AM, herbal remedies wrote:

>

> > Colloidal Silver Question

> >

> > I just recieved the 1100ppm Colodial Silver I ordered and was

> > wondering what color is this stuff suppossed to be? Mines

brown,

> > just curious.................

• 5 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Bea,I have a Sota, Silverpulser. I use about 3/4quart of boiled distilled water, put the thongs in for 20 minutes. ( My pulser use a little 9volt battery.) THe thongs usually show black deposit after 20 minutes.

THe Colloidal Silver should look slighly honey color...

Ps, If you have black deposits in the water, don't drink it! (Filter the deposits out.)

If the color of the Colloidal Silver is darker than light honey, dilute it, it means that it's too strong!

(I am not 100% sure about the ppm, but I have never been sick using these rules.)

Marie.

-

Bea Bernhausen

health_and_healing

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 12:18 AM

Colloidal silver

Anybody use Sota Silverpulser to make colloidal silver? I have the cheap model--and it says to make for 2-3 hours, but others I've seen say only a few minutes. I see no cloud coming off the silver wires. I guess it is using a lower electrical output. Any way to tell what ppm the C. silver is?

Mail - now with 250MB free storage. Learn more. «¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§ - PULSE ON WORLD HEALTH CONSPIRACIES! §Subscribe:......... - To :.... - Any information here in is for educational purpose only, it may be news related, purely speculation or someone's opinion. Always consult with a qualified health practitioner before deciding on any course of treatment, especially for serious or life-threatening illnesses.**COPYRIGHT NOTICE**In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 266.5.2 - Release 2/28/2005

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

> Can anyone direct me to any studies or references that show

colloidal silver

> is safe to use on children.

>

For the silver tha ti bought, which is allegedly better than colloidal

silver, " it is IONIC silver " , which is pretty much the same

composition, the reccomended intake is half that of the adults dosage,

which in this case is about 5 tablesoopns daily at the most.

heres the website, it has refrences to studies (two in french and one

in englsih) as this is a canadian based product. I hope it helps.

http://www.paramyco.com/l2enwhatis.htm

sincerely

ALEJANDRO R

Guest guest

dear group

I have used tiny amounts in wounds and it was amazing the healing was two

to three days faster and there was less clean up of per day as to the daily

changing of bandages . But that was in a disaster event that someone just show

up with a small jar of it and I only used it because other meds was not easily

able to get .

There are now plastic food containers with silver in the plastic to stop mold

and other gems that may make people sick but have not the USDA certification

so many state and county Gov programs will not used it until that piece of paper

is signed .

Now that I have some state /county /and city training in disaster services, I

can not use it with out the danger of going to jail .

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible " new car " smell?

Check outnew cars at Autos.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi-- the Colloida Silver that i use is probably not the best it is the cheapest --from Source Naturals-Wellness and i was taking 2 teaspoons a day now only 1. i was told to take it cause the burning on my palate was getting unbearable before surgery. and the pain disapeared at once but the tumor still grew.But the sinus infection i continually had for30 yrs went away, and after the surgery i don't know what helped but the acid reflux i had had for 20yrs went away. so did the sleep apnea and dry mouth i had for 2yrs is gone.stopped taking my blood pressure and reflux meds so i could take herbal and on meds my blood pressure sometimes would be as high as 223 over 109, now off meds it is almost normal. thanx----LizTony wrote: What kind of silver are you using? Superior colloidal silver such asUtopia Silver's Advanced Colloidal Silver (made like no other Silverin the world - only two companies have the technology) is deadly toalmost ALL single cell pathogens, and has been tested to kill over650, including MRSA, strep, you name it, and it kills them all via thesame mechanism:The presence of Colloidal Silver near a virus, fungus, bacterium, orany other single-celled pathogen acts as a catalyst in order todisable those enzymes that pathogenic (disease-bearing) bacteria,viruses and fungi require for the metabolism of oxygen in order tobreathe.As a result, within a few minutes these microbes either starve orsuffocate

without any corresponding harm towards the various parts ofthe human body chemistry, including human enzymes. This leads to thecomplete destruction of any disease-producing organism in the body,which are expelled from the body by the immune, lymphatic andelimination systems. True colloidal silver (most are ionic) is able to get past thehydrochloric acid in the stomach much better and thus reach theinfection, where ionic silver is released.Viral infections, resistant infections and systemic infections mayrequire considerably larger amounts for a number of days.Tonyoleander soup , Jeffery Jack <jeffery.jackwrote:>> Tony,> > I understand the mechinism of action of silver against Bacteria. Silver acts on bacteria by generating oxygen from air or water whichin turn destroys the cell

wall membranes of bacteria (single celledorganisms with fragile cell walls). I have not ever heard a goodexplaination of how Silver works on viruses and have had no successwith Silver on what have been apparent viruses among my family andfriends. I am supposing that the cold symptoms that friends andfamily have had have been viral, and I have had no success with the CSon these viral illnesses. I have however seen it work veryeffectively on Bacterial Sinusitis, Bacterial Pink Eye, Superficialinfections, and Food Poisoning. What is your take on this? Have youor anyone else been able to effectively knock out any and all viruses(colds/flu/HIV/Hepititis B, etc.). I appreciate your comments.> > Blessings to you,> > Jeff> > Tony wrote:> Put another way, an immune system cannot be too strong,but could be> overstimulated.> > Good

point.> > For maintenance purposes (when not fighting a serious disease or> condition), it makes no sense to really overload your system with> immune boosters and stimulators, but it is always a good idea to> maintain a very strong immune system> > As Jon Barron pointed out, in the event of a pandemic of bird flu, it> would be a good idea to have some good anti-virals and pathogen> fighters around too.> > Colloidal silver is hard to beat when fighting any single celled> pathogen, viral or bacterial.> > Tony> > oleander soup , Michael Goebel <goebelchx@> wrote:> >> > different perspective:> > An immune system cannot be too strong. The question is does is it> properly act in accordance w/ need (physiology) or react> inappropriately

with need (pathology). > > > > The problem is not too much power, but rather how to properlyapply it.> > > > Dr. Goebel> > > > ed4soup <ed4636@> wrote: Tony,> that's a great article, well worth the space and time to read.> > Medical question to answer: How do you test the strength of your> > immune system, and monitor it to insure it's not operating on too high> > a level? If Jon Barron's right, this is important. I suspect with> > OS, like vitamin C, the body absorbs what it needs and disregards the> > rest. Our brain is very sensitive to chemical balances, and makes> > adjustments immediately if it detect an overage, ie: ph of blood,> > oxygen ratios, etc. > > > > oleander soup , "Tony" @> wrote:> >

>> > > > > > The Cost of a Strong Immune System> > > > > > by Jon Barron> > > > > > Okay, so having a strong immune system is good...you would think?> The > > > stronger the better...right? You should be buying whatever> supplements> > > you can lay your hands on to pump up your immune response...who> could> > > argue with that?> > > > > > As it turns out, not necessarily. It seems that too much of a good> > > thing, in some circumstances, may actually be bad for you. Last> month,> > > a study was published in Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology> > >> <http://www.adz2go.com/mailmgt/Url.asp?CID=81896 & HID=8048916 & UID=121362>> > > that just might explain why the obvious ain't necessarily so.> > > Bird behavior> > > The reason for the study was an observation that when it comes to> > > raising children, extended family units, or what is referred to as> > > "cooperative breeding" is not that common. At first glance, shared> > > rearing of offspring would seem to provide a host of natural> advantages.> > > It better defines the home/nest. It allows for more food to be> gathered,> > > better care to be taken of the young, not to mention, offering the> > > potential for better education. And yet, in most species it just> doesn't> > > happen. Think lions and

bears, for example. The cubs are raised> by the> > > mothers alone -- lest the fathers kill the cubs. In fact,infanticide> > > has been found in many species, including gorillas, cats, dogs,> whales,> > > rodents, insects and fish. The bottom line is that among species,> > > cooperative breeding is the exception, not the rule -- common> primarily> > > in humans and birds. So the question arises, with all its "apparent"> > > advantages , why do so few species do it?> > > > > > As it turns out, the benefits of cooperative breeding come with> a cost.> > > Or to put it another way, the benefits of cooperative breeding> extend> > > not only to the immediate species, but also to the pathogens and> > > parasites that plague them. Quite simply:> > > > > > * Because of all the

close contact among family members in> > > cooperative breeding, there is more interaction among> > > individuals, thus more chance for transmission of the> pathogens.> > > * Since the interaction is with close relatives, they share> > > similar immune system capabilities -- their bodies are> actually> > > selectively breeding parasites better able to overcome those> > > capabilities. (Any parasites that survive, by definition, > survive> > > because they can resist those capabilities.)> > > > > > As Dr. Spottiswoode, the lead researcher in the study said, "This> > > hypothesis predicts that cooperative breeders should invest> relatively > > > more in immune defense than closely related species which breed in> > > pairs."> > > > > > She tested her hypothesis by

examining the PHA response> > >> <http://www.adz2go.com/mailmgt/Url.asp?CID=81896 & HID=8048916 & UID=121363>> > > of the immune system in different species of African birds. The> actual> > > methodology was to inject the birds with phytohaemagglutinin> (PHA), a> > > substance that induces an immune reaction. In particular, when> PHA is> > > inserted under the skin of a bird's wing, it causes minor> swelling. Dr > > > Spottiswoode reasoned that the amount of swelling from a dose of PHA> > > would reveal the activity of a bird's immune system. The more> at risk > > > the bird was, the more swiftly its immune system would respond> to any> > > challenge, and the greater that response

would be. That response,> > > however, comes at a price. The stronger the response, the greater> the > > > swelling. The greater the swelling, the greater the immune stress on> > > the bird and the more energy its immune system ended up using to> fight> > > off the effects of pathogens. The bottom line was that among 66> species> > > tested, the PHA response was significantly higher in the 18> > > cooperatively breeding species. Based on Dr. Spottiswoode's> hypothesis,> > > these results suggest that cooperatively breeding birds, because of> > > their increased exposure to more virulent pathogens, had developed> > > "stronger" immune systems than non-cooperative breeders. But these > > > stronger immune systems came at a cost:> > > > > > * Greater immune stress> > > * More

use of body resources> > > * Increased inflammation> > > > > > Although Dr Spottiswoode's research focused on birds, the > principle is> > > likely to apply to other cooperative breeders such as human beings. > > > Indeed, the evidence is that many human infections -- malaria,> measles> > > and flu, for example -- stem from the crowded living conditions> shared> > > by modern man. As a result, we see more virulent infections, > stronger> > > immune responses, and greater stress on the body. This gives a whole> > > new meaning to Hilary Clinton's line, "It takes a village."> > > Where do we see this in humans?> > > Back in August of 2005, I first addressed the issue of Bird Flu> > >> <http://www.adz2go.com/mailmgt/Url.asp?CID=81896 & HID=8048916 & UID=121364>> > > (although at the time, despite the beginnings of the media frenzy, I> > > said that I didn't see it as an imminent threat -- which it > turned out> > > not to be.). More importantly, though, I proposed that contrary> to most> > > of the advice you would hear in the alternative health community,> > > building your immune system could be a major contributing factor in> > > mortality rates if bird flu did hit. As I said back then:> > > > > > * Many alternative health companies are trying to tell> you to> > > boost your immune system to protect yourself. That's a> > > questionable tactic with bird flu -- at least if not>

accompanied> > > by the use of pathogen destroyers. Death from bird flu is most > > > likely to come from a cytokine storm triggered by your own immune> > > system, not from the flu itself. This is the same situation> we saw> > > in the great influenza pandemic of 1918/1919.> > > > > > And now, thanks to Dr. Spottiswoode's study, we have an idea as> to why> > > this happens. In the case of bird flu, the stronger immune> response of > > > "healthy" people exacts too great a cost on the human body --> literally> > > killing it by virtue of its overreaction. Or to put it another way,> > > the cost of an extremely strong immune response is too high.> > > > > > It's interesting that almost three years later, and even with> the new> > > study now available for all to see,

little has changed. Medical > > > doctors still tell you to get flu shots to protect yourself (even> though> > > they are, at best, only marginally effective> > >> <http://www.adz2go.com/mailmgt/Url.asp?CID=81896 & HID=8048916 & UID=121365>> > > ), and people in the alternative health community still tell you to> > > build your immune system (so that your body can be overtaxed> and die).> > > It's not just flu> > > Once we understand the problem -- that an overly strong immune> system> > > forced to address pathogens at full viral or bacterial load is an > > > unbalanced immune system and will exact a cost on the body, we> realize> > > that the problem is likely to be endemic and

appear in many> different> > > forms (some fatal and others not) in many different people. And it > > > does. For example:> > > > > > * Endemic immune system disorders> > > * A significant increase in diseases/symptoms such as> > > fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue> > > * Chronic systemic inflammation in joints, muscles, and> > > cardiovascular systems. (Remember, just like in the birds,> > > inflammation is an immune system response.)> > > Conclusion> > > Dr. Spottiswoode conducted her experiments to better understand> why more> > > animals didn't have extended families since doing so appeared to> offer> > > great benefits. In the end, she went a long way to proving her> > > hypothesis that extended families demand much more active immune> > > systems from

individuals, which extracts a heavy cost on the body. > > > Kudos to Dr. Spottiswoode. For me, though, I see other important> > > information coming from this study -- information that can alter how> > > you choose to "optimize" your immune system and prepare for any> invading> > > pathogens. What the study showed, if you look from a slightly> different> > > perspective, is that when it comes to the immune system, more is not> > > always better. Improving the strength of the immune system comes> at a> > > cost. Optimizing the immune system, then, comes down to "cost> benefit > > > analysis."> > > > > > The bottom line is yes, you want your immune system to respond> strongly> > > to any pathogens -- but not too strongly. If it responds too> strongly,> > > the costs can outweigh

the benefits. An overactive immune system can> > > lead to:> > > > > > * Sustained systemic inflammation> > > * Autoimmune disorders> > > * Overactive responses to allergens> > > * Even death, as in the case of avian flu> > > > > > So exactly what does that mean:> > > > > > * It means that you do want to use immune builders such as> > > * Echinacea> > > * Pau d'arco> > > * Suma> > > * Astragalus> > > * Medicinal mushrooms> > > * AHCC> > > * Beta glucans> > > * Aloe vera> > > * Alkyglycerol> > > * Lactoferrin> > > * Bovine colostrums> > > * Glutathione> > > * Mangosteen> > > * Colostrum> > > > > > * But it means you also want a supply of

natural antipathogens on> > > hand to ratchet down the need for a high level immune system> response.> > > * Garlic> > > * Olive leaf extract> > > * Oil of wild mountain oregano> > > * Grapefruit seed extract> > > > > > * It's also a good idea to regularly supplement with natural> > > immunomodulators that help to regulate immune response - moving> a weak> > > immune system up and calming an overactive immune system down. These> > > include> > > * L-carnosine> > > * Colostrum> > > * CMO> > > > > > > > > When it comes to fighting disease and staying healthy, your immune> > > system is your best friend. You want the strongest immune system> > > response you can have without it being so strong that it > overtaxes the>

> > body. If you can tone down the strength of the pathogenic> attack, then> > > a strong immune system works in your favor -- finishing off the> > > invading little buggers as quickly as possible, but without the> need to> > > drain down your reserves. But if you don't ratchet down the> strength> > > of the attack, your immune system actually works against you --> causing> > > chronic inflammation, immune system disorders, overactive allergy> > > responses, or as in the case of avian flu, potentially killing you.> > > > > > For more information on how to boost your immune system AND what> > > anti-pathogens to stockpile and use:> > > > > > * Click Here> > >> <http://www.adz2go.com/mailmgt/Url.asp?CID=81896 & HID=8048916 & UID=121366>> > > .> > > > > > To understand why antibiotics and antivirals aren't going to > save you:> > > > > > * Click Here> > >> <http://www.adz2go.com/mailmgt/Url.asp?CID=81896 & HID=8048916 & UID=121367>> > > .> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with > Search.> >> > > > > > >

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Hi all to the all new members,keep it up Tony.

jackdaw123, do you mean 3.5% H2O2? The store bought stuff?

Also, anyone else have experience with CS Generators?

oleander soup , " jackdaw123 " <jackdaw123 wrote:

>

I always add

> a few drops of 35% H2O2 to mine after it is finished. Do this

> especially if you get a yellow tint to the CS and it will clear it up.

> I am not sure why some batches get a yellow tint (I have not had it

> happen with a Silver Puppy but it happened before with another

> generator)but have read that the particles are too large and that the

> H2O2 causes the particles to get smaller. But all I know about it for

> sure is that it clears up.

>

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

On reading the site below I noticed that the first paragraph contains

warnings about the dangers of ingesting too much colloidal silver. If

it is true colloidal silver, there is no such thing as overdosing.

Seems to me anybody truly knowing the value of colloidal silver would

never make these claims. Another thought that came to mind was, when

following their instructions would we truly be making the highest

quality silver? If so, why such a strong warning?

Myself, I would opt for only three methods, Utopia Silver, Mesosilver.

or I would make it myself with the Silver Puppy. Myself, I use Utopia

Silver. The quality of the colloidal silver that we take is of the

utmost importance to our health. I prefer Utopia Silver as it is of the

finest quality and made with state of the art laser technology.

My question would be, would using this method give me the highest

quality of colloidal silver or something less? And if it should be true

colloidal silver why the severe warning and why would they say that both

drugs and nature can hurt you in their disclaimer? Something doesn't

sit right here.

Myself, I would opt for one of the three choices above and nothing else.

Hugs,

oleander soup , " Rhoda Mead " <firefly541

wrote:

>

> *I'm extremely impressed by colloidal silver. Never thought about it

until

> you wrote about it, Tony.

> I'm also impressed by the price! Generators are way out of my range. I

came

> across an article by Chet Day, complete with photos, on making your

own

> colloidal silver. At the bottom is a link to a well-researched article