Jump to content
IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Leech Therapy advice

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Guest guest

I am undertaking Leech therapy with an ayurvedic doctor in Newyork.

as a patient i would like to know more about this. The leeches are

being bought online from www.leeches.biz in newyork.

 

1.) can the leech cause infection ? - can it pass on aids and like

diseases ?

2.) can the same leeches be reused. if yes after how many days.

3.) what is the worst risk involved with raktamokshan using leech

therapy.

4.) how soon are the benefits seen.

5.) can the leeches be used on any part of the scalp. are there parts

of the body where it should not be used.

 

regards,

DJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

there is no side effect of leech therapy & also no cause of infection.

 

Actually there are two types of leeches . 1. Saveesh (poisonous) & 2.

Nirveesh(nonpoisonous).

 

You can resuse the same leech, (but after the use of leech , keep it in salt

water at lest two hours, and then place it in fresh water, this leech can be

used after two days.)

 

The effects of leech therapy can seen depends upon the disease (new,cronic

etc.).

 

It is effective therapy, so trust on your doctor.

 

 

 

 

Jay <jaydhruv wrote:

1.) can the leech cause infection ? - can it pass on aids and like

diseases ?

2.) can the same leeches be reused. if yes after how many days.

3.) what is the worst risk involved with raktamokshan using leech

therapy.

4.) how soon are the benefits seen.

5.) can the leeches be used on any part of the scalp. are there parts

of the body where it should not be used.

<snip>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Dear Anil,

I have read that the leech should be made to vomit the blood it has sucked, by

applying haridra or lavana for a few seconds. Then it has to be put in fresh

water kept in a earten vessel with its mouth covered with cotton cloth. It can

be used again only after fifteen days. A leech cannot spread AIDS infection.

ganeshkk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

ganesh kk <gnshkk wrote:

I have read that the leech should be made to vomit the blood it has sucked, by

applying haridra or lavana for a few seconds. Then it has to be put in fresh

water kept in a earten vessel with its mouth covered with cotton cloth. It can

be used again only after fifteen days. A leech cannot spread AIDS infection.

ganeshkk

 

 

 

 

any type of virus either of respiratory, hepatic of immuno...... may only spread

with hot blood direct contact, leech is cool blooded , so cant spread

 

Dr. Ketan Bhimani (M. D. Ayurved)

Panchkarma Physician

Tirth Hospital, Rajkot- 360 001 Gujarat

Mobile No. +91 9898319546

www.asthahealthcare.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Dear All,

 

It is better to use the Leech for single application like disposable device.

There is not a single reserach paper published on Leech and AIDS infection. It

is true that Leech can not spread AIDS; but still you have to prove.

 

Dr.Naresh

 

ganesh kk <gnshkk wrote:

< A leech cannot spread AIDS infection.

ganeshkk>

 

dr ketan bhimani <ayurastha wrote:

any type of virus either of respiratory, hepatic of immuno...... may only spread

with hot blood direct contact, leech is cool blooded , so cant spread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

Dear Naresh,

You are making me think. Thank you.

The blood vomitted by the leech can be a source of AIDS infection or any

infection. So it has to be disposed off very carefully.

The remaining blood in the gut of the leech gets digested by the acid in its

stomach.

This mechanism can be compared to the inactivation of AIDS virus in the body

of a musquito. A musquito cannot spread AIDS. So a leech cannot spread AIDS.

To avoid any Aanushangika Roga, the leech is quarantined for a minimum of 15

days.

It is later used after it is found to be fit for jalaukacharana, by looking at

its motility etc.

ganeshkk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

To all,

My practical tips regarding this Leech topic

1) It is better to use Leech for single application and then dispose it off as

bio-medical waste. Though Leech is not proved to spread AIDS, there are other

potentially harmful blood-borne diseases like Hepatitis B which should not be

ignored while dealing with re-used Leeches.

2) It is better to wear double layer of gloves while handling Leeches, whether

used singly or multiple times. It is better to avoid contact with others blood

for one's own safety purposes.

 

DR.D.B.Muzumdar

M.D.Ayurvedic Medicine (INDIA)

 

 

____________

.......... There is not a single reserach paper published on Leech and AIDS

infection. It is true that Leech can not spread AIDS; but still you have to

prove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×