Rate this topic

Guest guest

Gurucharanam Saranam

SANTHIGIRI AYURVEDA & SIDHA VAIDYASALA

(Unit of Santhigiri Ashram)

Dr. Ananthanarayan. S

www.ayurvedasanthigiri.com , www.santhigiriashram.org

AYURVEDIC CURE FOR AMENORRHEA

Menstrual problems trouble almost every woman during the course of her life. Ayurveda has a special branch of gynecological medicine for the treatment of diseases of more the female reproductive system. These diseases are primarily reflected in menstrual disorder. Menstrual cycle is a good key to the health of female. It can be deranged by many factors. These include poor diet, stress, overwork, excessive physical exercise, particularly too much aerobic exercise, can cause difficulties. Ayurveda views menstrual problem as a combination of several factors. Other, more severe, conditions can develop from the hormonal imbalances that derange the menstrual cycle. All menstrual difficulties are related in some way to an imbalance in the Vata Dosha. Most originate from a disruption in the function of Vata. All treatments begin with an assessment of the state of the Vata humor in the body.

These are many menstrual problems like Amenorrhea (delay or absence of menstruation), Dysmenorrhoea (painful menstruation), menorrhagia (excess or irregular bleeding), etc. Let us deal about amenorrhoea in this episode.

Amenorrhea is delay or absence of menstruation. As a long term or frequent condition, it is mainly a deficiency disease and usually due to Vata (air). It produces symptoms like increase of body weight, dry and thick skin, increase of body hair, hair loss in head, fatigueness etc.

CAUSES: Exposure to cold, poor nutrition, Anemia, liver diseases, emaciation, dehydration, displacement of the uterus, hormonal imbalance, emotional trauma and other factors may be involved. It may result from severe or wasting diseases such as diabetes. Thus the focus of the treatment should be specifically for the cause.

PRIMARY AMENORRHEA:

The pubescent girls who have not had their first menstruation are classified as suffering from 'Primary Amenorrhea'. For cases of Primary Amenorrhea it is important for the mother to look closely at the home environment see if there is some emotional disturbance that is preventing the beginning of normal menstruation.

SECONDARY AMENORRHEA:

This is the one in which the woman doesn't have normal menstrual cycle after completion of lactation to her child. But during lactation normally women will not have menstrual bleeding. This shouldn't be mistaken as Amenorrhoea.

It must be stressed that general good health is the best foundation for a trouble free cycle, bad health is going to affect the menstruation. In this context, regular physical exercise and good food play an important role. It is naïve to believe that taking medicines and not exercising or eating well will bring you health. Your overall life style should be adjusted in conjunction with using these formulae. These formulae helps in balancing your over all health.

TREATMENTS:

Herbs to promote menstruation are specific, often along with tonics to rebuild the reproductive system. Tonifying diet is primarily indicated using dairy, nuts, oils, whole grains and other nourishing foods. Iron supplements or Ayurvedic iron ash preparations are important. In ayurveda there are different form of medicines like Kashayas, arishtas like Ashokarishtam, Asavas like Kumariyasavam, Choornams (powder), Ghee preparations, Lehyas, Thailas (oils) etc. thus based on patient's condition and type of menstrual problem medicines are administered, and diet is advised.

Guest Saveena

My daughter has primary amenorrhea nw she is 23 years old married one year back,,, she having heavy bleed in clots,, she is in u s ,,, she is having pcod problem,,, kindly suggest me medicini

Guest Smeetha

Hi. Im a 28 year old female. I been diagnosed with primary AMENORRHEA from the age of 16 years old. I never expirienced a period. When i was younger i was put under medication to induce my period but the side effects were no good and as a result it was a failire. I want to live a normal life. I exercise regulary and eat a well ballanced diet of fruits and veg. Im also on iron tabs as i was told my iron levels were very low. My gyno has put me on birth control tabs to control my hormones. But lately depession and axiety kicks in because im getting married next year and even though my partner accepts this part of me i feel i cant be or feel like a normal women. Please help