Guest guest Posted April 27, 2010 Report Posted April 27, 2010 On another occasion, Sri Ramakrishna put Narendra(later swami vivekananda) to a difficult test. He said to him: " As a result of the austerities I have practised, I have possessed all the supernatural powers for a long time. I am thinking of asking the Mother to transfer them all to you. She has told me that you will be able to use them when necessary. What do you say? " Narendra asked: " Will they help me to realize God? " " No, " said Sri Ramakrishna, " they won’t help you to do that. But they might be very useful after you have realized God and when you start doing His work. " Narendra said: " Then let me realize God first. After that, it will be time enough to decide if I need them or not. If I accept them now, I may forget God, make selfish use of them, and thus come to grief. " Sri Ramakrishna was greatly pleased to see Narendra’s single minded devotion. <http://img208.imageshack.us/i/ramakrishnaa.jpg/><http://img402.imageshack.us/i/\ narendra.jpg/>Sri Ramakrishna said about him: " Narendra is a great soul – perfect in meditation. He cuts the veils of maya to pieces with the sword of knowledge. Inscrutable maya can never bring him under her control. " -- -- Let God fight your battles for you.... OM GURU NATHA SAI GURU NATHA Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.