Jump to content
IndiaDivine.org

Teachinng Children about hinduism

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Guest guest
Posted

 

-

Donna Madden

hindu

Sunday, July 08, 2001 05:43

Teachinng Children about hinduism

 

Hello,

My name is Donna Madden I am a Primay School teacher in New South Wales, Australia. I teach Year 4 children who are 9 & 10 years old. Our curriculum for next term is to research and discover the beliefs in different cultures. As I do not have knowledge of other religious cultures, I would greatly appreciate any ideas or apprpriate web sites with "appropriate" material for teaching about the Hindu Religion. There are 30 children in my class. I have 25 with English background and 5 of Aboriginal background so there are no cultural influences in their home life either.

 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

 

Donna Madden

dmmadden

 

 

Dear Donna

 

I suggest you look at our website that is designed for children of all ages.

The site is Hinduism for Schools at http://www.hinduism.fsnet.co.uk

 

Then you click on the pages marked Primary Schools.

The themes of each pages are clearly indicated on the index page.

The Pluralistic concepts of God in Hinduism is a very popular theme to develop

Then if you visit the links page for Primary schools you will find a link which

allows you to do virtual worship in a temple. You can click on the bell or

on the flowers and the coconut and see a virtual pooja with sound.

 

Let us know if we can be of further help

 

jay

Vivekananda Centre London

 

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...