Guest guest Posted January 19, 2001 Report Posted January 19, 2001 - <JaiHughes <Ramakrishna > Friday, January 19, 2001 08:51 [ramakrishna] Sri Ramakrishna's birthday date > Dear Sirs > > I belong to a small group who regard Sri Ramakrishna as our Guru Dev. We > celebrate his birthday every year, but this is a moveable feast, depending on > the position of the moon. Can anyone tell me the official date of Sri > Ramakishna's birthday this year? We can't seem to make contact with the > Ramakrishna Mission at Bourne End, England. > > With many thanks. > > Jai Narain > Dear Jai I have looked up my Hindu lunar calendar and it shows: Sunday Friday the 25th to be the birthday of Sri Ramakrishna (according to the calendar I have). According to the Gregorian Calendar his birthday is on 18th February. If this information is wrong I hope someone on our list will point this out to us. jay Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.