IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

The Straw in the Christmas Crib

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Straw in the Christmas Crib

When the shepherds of Bethlehem visited the Infant Jesus, one of the youngerboys took along some straw from the crib. " What have you got there in yourhand? " asked one of the shepherds.

" Just some straw from the crib where the baby was sleeping. " " Straw? " laughed the others. " That's just rubbish. Throw it away. " The little boyshook his head and said, " No. I'm keeping it. These pieces of straw remind

me of that baby, and what the angels said about him. " The next day the shepherds asked the boy, " Do you still have those pieces ofstraw? You do? Look! Why don't you throw away that worthless stuff? " " No,

it is not worthless, " said the little shepherd. " God's baby has slept onit. " " So what? " the others answered. " It's the baby that is important andnot the straw. "

" That's where you're all wrong, " explained the little shepherd. " This strawIS worth something. If there were no straw in the crib, what could the poorbaby have slept on? No, this handful of straw tells me something. It tells

me that God makes use of small worthless things. God needs us, littlepeople, to help him do his work. "

-- ! Jai Gurudev !