IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Sai Vichaar for Thursday, December 20, 2007

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sai Vichaar www.saibaba.org Thursday , December 20, 2007 :: Volume 10, Issue 32 (In its tenth year of publication.) Sai Vichaar is a Weekly newsletter distributed every Thursday and is devoted to the life, philosophy and teachings of Shri Sai Baba of Shirdi. Feel

free to forward this newsletter to your interested associates in its original form. IN THIS ISSUE: FEATURE OF THE WEEK CONTRIBUTED ARTICLE DEVOTEES SAY PRAYER CLUB EXPERIENCE OF DEVOTEES QUOTATION OF THE WEEK QUESTION OF THE WEEK SAI ACTIVITIES FROM THE EDITORS KEYBOARD FEATURE OF THE WEEK: Skepticism and Ego Can knowledge be an obstacle to anything? It is not too rare to hear the experiences of

the educated that admit their discomfort at topics related to spiritual matters that defy their logic and elude any conclusions. How could one train the mind so used to completing a book or a thesis and take home the message in minutes, to accept the reality of an unfinished treatise? God's wisdom is as infinite as space. Skepticism in spiritual path is destructive. In the mad rush to defy nature, human logic so bound to advancing itself, conveniently neglects to contemplate on its very purpose. Sad would be the situation when the spirituality remains eternally parallel and its fruits forbidden. Skepticism, the initial bar to spiritual progress ends as soon as the necessity for the Unknown and the Unseen felt. Necessities may arise due to causes as simple as a material shortcoming. Once in the path, the difficult bar called ego takes over the reins, at times almost in complete control of the pursuit! This attribute is the one that makes the seeker, accept

and reject, rejoice and condole, elate and deject, and in the process making believe that s/he is responsible. This is the attribute that makes one think how "Right" his/her pursuit is, and how pitiful is the others' plight. This attribute establishes the superiority of one Religion over the other, and denounces everything dissimilar. "Maya troubles even me", said Sainath. But, He also assured that those seek Him will be saved from its perils and those who turns away, lashed. What could be easier than resorting to the Merciful Fakir that never stopped anyone from asking? The one who taught by His very living? How difficult would that be to listen to the most benevolent Sai who does not expect His children of rigorous rituals, but just faith and patience? How inconvenient could that be do simply submit to that Guru whose demands are love and devotion? Stay with Him and the ego will vanish. CONTRIBUTED ARTICLE: Sai is the only resort! Though I had devotion to God in my childhood, I was strayed from it during my college days and stepped the atheistic bandwagon outwardly. My subconscious was theistic, although I was acting atheistic and I was confused in that state. Though I used to imagine the non-existence of God, I was admiring the Creation and its unfathomable wonders. In a way, the atheistic thoughts were the hurdles, which later intensified my devotion in God. Books give knowledge but it is our own inclination and thinking what makes us spiritual. From the time immemorial, there are many people who are just spiritual even though they would not have read books. Education is not important in spiritual path. It is the belief of God's existence that matters to lead a spiritual life. Books may strengthen or weaken that belief and it varies how we choose the kind of books. It may just occur to be

or not to be spiritual which may or may not be attributable to any reading habit. I believe that this phenomenon is predestined or rather is a manifestation of grace of God. Similar thing happened to me by the grace of Sri Saibaba - the Generator Organizer Destroyer (God). Few years back, it so happened that one night at bedtime, I was browsing through a Telugu book titled "Sai Leelamrithamu" (by Sri Ekkirala Bharadwaja) which was to be returned to my friend long after it was read by my mother-in-law. Later I understood that it was Baba's will to reveal Himself to me, the confused and the ignorant, who has been wayward in the unfilled quest for knowledge. Treating like any other pastime paperback, I read Sai Leelamritham in between and I was immersed in it. I took up reading it from beginning and I even felt I was present at the Chavadi procession and was witnessing how Baba starts off after adjusting the Holy fire (Dhuni). Tears ran down as I experienced

Baba going to Chavadi and the way He stood and walked as Mahalsapathi carried Him by hand. A new grand world was opened up for me and I was blessed to read various books on Sadgurus. Sri G.Venugopal, a great devotee of Sri Ekkirala Bharadwaja, lent me all these books on Sri Saibaba, Gajanan Maharaj, Swami Samartha, Jnaneswar Maharaj, Dhuniwala Dada, Sri Venkaih Swamy, etc. The essence of all the reading has been only one thing that God pervades all. And I strongly felt All is Saibaba and He is Sakalasadhu and Sakaladevata. I also felt Saibaba is akin to Jesus when I read the incident of Baba's departure from the body and returning after three days. That time I was residing nearby the Church, and when the Church bells rang I felt Baba being worshipped. My heart and soul have been filled with Baba only, and I was musing over the all-pervading nature of His divine nature. Few days after casual reading of Sai Leelamrithamu and Sai Satcharithra,

one morning just before going to office, I was resting in the bed and had a catnap. It was a surprise. I was blessed by Baba in my dream. I saw Baba sitting as in Dwarakamayee photo, leaning against a bolster. I cannot express that bliss of seeing Baba sitting right in front of me. I can all say is He was so real, bright and peace personified. I prostrated resting my head downwards at His lotus feet. Soon He moved His right hand pivoted on His raised right knee and showed Abhaya Mudra similar to the mudra of lord Balaji or like goddess Lakshmi showering the gold coins. Though I kept my face downwards I was clearly seeing Baba and His Abhaya Hastham, and lo! In Baba's palm, the numerous gods appeared in a quick succession of slideshow so bright and colorful. It was not once but thrice I was shown the quick slideshow of all gods in the Abhaya Hastham of Baba. Thus I was blessed to realize that various gods are not separate as I assumed to be earlier but all God is One only

and Saibaba is One of all that is God. (Contributed by Rathnashikamani) CONTRIBUTED ARTICLE: continued..... This blessing of Baba confirmed that Baba is the ultimate destiny for the Theists and Atheists as the song goes in Telugu: "Aasthilulaku Saiye sharanam, Naasthikulaku Saiye sharanam" (atheists or theists, Sai is the only resort) sung by Sri K.J. Yesudass. From then onwards, I realized that Baba is Omnigod and different gods are not separate but One Almighty manifesting differently according to our own thoughts. One more such dream I would narrate here. Baba has been showing His presence in and around me and everywhere. Three years ago, I was suffering from high fever. I generally do not like to visit Hospital. So I remained at home taking bed rest and not taking solid foods. I thought I knew some homeopathy and tried some globules carefully referring to the Materia Medica. Three days, I would pray

to Baba and swallow those round pills once every night. But nothing happened and the fever continued. On the third day, when I woke up at midnight, I did not see any improvement and I assumed it to be a typhus fever as was already hinted by neighbors. Then, I swallowed one more Homeo remedy, after briefing my condition to Baba in my mind (Does not Baba know if I do not tell? He knows. But that is the way I acted then). I lay in bed chanting 'Om Sri Sainathaya Namah'. I was doing it casually only and thought Baba's will would be done always. All on a sudden, I was greatly shuddered and I saw Baba with His Abhaya hastha as seen in the popular bust size photo. I felt that vibration shaking me with great energy as if that energy entered me as Baba appeared. It happened thrice as Baba appeared bust size in the air like a reflection swaying on water. Suddenly I woke up and surprised to find myself without any inkling of fever or fatigue. I narrated this incident

to my 12 year old son who was also suffering from high fever for the previous two days. I suggested him to chant the name of Saibaba. He did it in the same night and woke up without fever. He said he saw Saibaba's holy feet in his dream and when he woke up early in the morning, the fever was gone. The above happening confirmed that if we just emulate such proven practices, it is sure that we also get the same results. That is the wonder of Naama Japam. The name in itself is Baba. All seen and unseen are Baba. He is the wire puller of all that happens. He guides and protects all. Though I was not seriously following the rituals but casually reading the spiritual books and chanting the divine name, I am blessed. Bow to Sri Saibaba for He is God. (Contributed by Rathnashikamani) DEVOTEES SAY: DeborshiYesterday on December 13th 2007, I

had posted in the Prayer Section, requesting Sai Baba to help my wife clear her departmental re-examination and today December 14th 2007 her results have come out and she with Baba's blessing has cleared her re-exams. Thank you Baba. Thank you so much to help her out. There is one more request, please take me to Shirdi as soon as possible. RituSai Vichaar generates great inspiration for all of us. I had once read an experience of a Sai devotee who got into trouble at work but Baba helped him and he escaped unscathed. Last night I was in the same boat - though it was my own lack of caution - I was petrified. It was too late in the night to call a coworker for help. Not seeing the obvious, I asked Baba who would help me? That's when the devotees experience rang in my mind and I asked Baba to help me. From that moment every step of the way to recovery - He held my hand - showing me the right articles/forums on the web to solve my

problem and restore the environment. After everything sorted out - I thanked the hosts of Sai Vichaar and that Sai devotee who had shared his experience with all of us. AjayI just like to share one of my experiance where the benevolent Sai has guided me. I am in habit of asking guidence from Baba, it goes like that if He agrees with my decision, He gives me darshan, if he doesn't give me darshan that means I am not pursuing the right course. One day I was very depressed because of some personal problems and asked Him if he agrees of what I am thinking, to give darshan and bless me, but He did not give the darshan. In the evening while coming back I reversed the question and asked Him to give darshan if He is in agreement with what I am thinking. I was standing at a red light, one car came on my right side and I saw a huge statue of Baba on the dashboard. The occupant of that car knocked my car window and gave me a photograph and to

my amazement it was the photograph of Sri Sai. I was completely mesmerised. This shows that Baba is Omnipresent and if you seek His advise /guidence with full devotion and patience He is there to guide you. This is one of my various experiances with our benevolent Sai. ShibanjiI would like to share our expereience with Sai devotees. With Baba's blessings my daughter delivered a baby girl on November 12th 2007. After her marriage in October 2001, two times she had miscarriages and being Sai devotee on the second miscarriage she wept a lot and that night in her dream she saw Baba talking with her and said next time you will be blessed with a healthy child and when her eyes opened she saw nobody there. After that blessing she delivered the baby, after major operation and now both are progressing day by day. We suffered a lot mentally but by Saibaba's grace all our sufferings are over. I promised Baba that I will write our experience of

my daughter. I request all the Sai devotees not to lose hope and pray to Sai, He will definately pull you out from the sufferings. With Sai's blessing my daughters husband has been transferred to Delhi which is his hometown and we are all happy with this development. PRAYER CLUB: Sai devoteePranam Sairam. Baba, I can't bear this pain, Lord why you are not responding to my prayers. Every day I am sending my prayers to You. I lose my hope now, I lost everything. Prabhu help me. A devoteeOh kind Sai I bow at Your feet. Oh Lord, please let my eight year old son concentrate on his studies. Please let him read and write more. Sai please let my two year old daughter not trouble so much. She throws so much tantrums, it is difficult for my husband and I to manage her, we get very frustrated. Kindly bless them, let them have a good

healthy life and let us have mental peace. Please bless my parents in India who are living alone. Jai Sai Ram. MeenakshiOm Sai Ram, please help me to start a new business. Guide me for starting a business. I don't know what to do. Please help my children to study well and my life should stand bright. I am financially struggling. Please bless me Baba. Sai devoteeSai Deva, Koti Pranams to you. I have only You to turn to for my problems. You have answered and always been with me during my troublesome period. Sainath please be with us now too and guide us and let us know if the decision taken will be right. My husband has been told to have certain medical tests as they suspect something. Sainath, please let there be a miracle and let him be normal with good health. Sainath please let the reports be normal with Your blessings and nothing to fear. Koti pranams to you Deva. AnuJai Sai Ram! thank you Baba for everything. You have time and again proved that You are always around us. Baba, please do look after my parents and cure them completely and call us to Shirdi soon. My parents have not been to Shirdi before and they are very keen to come but mom as you know has problem walking. Please cure her and papa too completely. Please Baba also help me to help all animals and to start my sanctuary, don't have the resources but I know with Your grace nothing is impossible and also thank you, Sanju bhaiya has finally got the bail. Love you Baba! BinaDear Baba, first of all I thank you for giving me the wonderful life and always begin with me. I have great faith in You and whenever I remember You I see you around in different ways, your picture or your statue in the car passing by, somehow but I see You begin around me, so please Baba don't ever leave my side and always be with me. I

have a major problem about finance, I want so much money to come to me that I can clear my debts as well as give donation. I have to return other people money who have helped me in time of my need and now I want to repay them back. Please slove my finacial problem as I have to save my house where I am living. Please take care of my problem. Sai devoteeDear Sai Deva, kindly shower Your blessings on us and our team members. Please find some job for Madhu as he is without a job for the past one year and he has a lot of commitments. Also, kindly continue his schedules with us. We request You to kindly help us dispose off the house and we can concentrate more on the operations and ease our liability. We are always dependent on You and only your mercy is driving our operations and family. Satha Koti pranams to your lotus feet Baba. KrupaliniWith your grace I got this wish of mine come true, Sai see

to it that every thing goes smoothly and let me go to Dammam very soon. Everything, you only have to take care deva, please be with me. Now one more problem has started on my name deva, please see to it that it get's cleared and I go to Dammam soon with Your grace. Deva I am counting on You more than any one, please be with me and take me out from all the difficulties. JayantiBaba, I am really worried about my daughters who are going to choose their careers and their education. Please grant them Your kripa so that they stay focused on their education and work hard for their examinations so they reach the goal they have aimed for and do not go into argumentative mood. Please grant them blessing so that they become good children and the good citizens, prevent them from all the distractions that they are experiencing at present. EXPERIENCE OF DEVOTEES: SakshiJai Sai Ram, I would like to share my experience of Sai's Grace. I am a very shy and dependent person and have never lived or traveled alone. I got a scholarship with Sai's grace and had to leave India. I was determined to as this was an opportunity for me to know the world and more important to test myself. I was full of apprehensions before leaving and my family was very worried about me and planned everything for me where as Sai had planned everything for me. Since the day I have arrived on this new land, Sai has blessed me with some great friends. It is a new lesson in my life where everyday I am exploring something new. Everyday Sai proves me His presence in some or other form. Small things like cooking, finding places, adapting to the climate, He has taken care of everything. He has opened up new horizons in my life. I hope that I will live up to your expectations Sai. Give me and my family the strength, patience and bless us with

your Love. MukeshWe were dealing with a tough home builder/seller for our new home. After initial discussion with the seller, we dropped all hopes of getting that home. I prayed to Baba and started Shri Sai Satcharita parayan (to finish reading the book within one week). On the third day of parayan, I got a call from the seller and he agreed to price value, which we had thought, was appropriate. The seller wanted to do closing within 3 to 4 weeks (it takes about 2 to 3 months in normal case). With blessings of Baba, we completed the purchase of our home in 4 weeks. This would not have happened without His divine grace towards us and all of His devotees. Sashtang Pranam to our Sai. KiranmayiThis is affirming someone's experience of sandalwood smell and linking it to Baba's presence. I have something little to share . I cannot explain the depths of His grace on me. It confused me as I started

having experiences of such grace since I was 26 years old, but now I am convinced all that grace is only because He is a kind entity and its not of what I am or who I am. In spite of all these constant assurances, there are times while driving in a car I suddenly feel a total emptiness and lost feeling. Many a times in similar state of mind, I immediately sense strong fragrance of sandalwood in air, it happened within premises of a closed AC car. I don't believe it is a sheer coincidence happening everytime I have that feeling. UmaKoti Pranam Sai. I want to post this miracle of Sai that happened recently. My sister had this ultrasound done and her doctor wants her to have a biopsy done and had to wait 10 days for the results and I prayed to Sai as always that I would post it in Sai Vichaar if her biopsy results came normal, which is no cancer and that I would read the complete Sai Satcharita book in two days. Yesterday I started

reading before my sister went to the doctor and her doctor told that her results are normal and there is nothing to be concerned about, which made our family here and family in India very happy. Please Sai be with us and always take care of our families here and in India always and all the people who need you. Bless our little girl and our family with health and happiness. QUOTATION OF THE WEEK: "If someone asks for something and you do not want to part with it, do not lie and claim you have nothing, but decline politely saying that circumstances or your own desires prevent you."-Shri Sai Baba QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Q. Question of the week is given below...... A. by Ramaa Prasad Q. In Sai Saicharitra, 25th Chapter,

Hemandpant says that not everybody's wishes and prayers are answered. It is like not every flower becomes a mango. Thinking like this really breaks me. How do I tackle with this? How do I cope up with the fact that Baba will not listen to me? A. Baba always listens to every one who prays to Him sincerely. How He listens to us depends on how sincere we are to Him. Many of us have wishes influenced by our desires. We really don't know if our desires reflect our genuine needs. Our desires keep on changing every time. Every time we come up with new desires, reflecting our 'vaasanas'. It is like a child pestering mother asking for all sorts of things. Mother, however, knows what the true needs of the child are. She will certainly take care of the needs of the child. In the same way, Sai Maata knows as to what our needs are and Sai will certainly fulfill our needs, both material and spiritual. He will however not grant all our desires, which may not be in our

own interest. What Hemadpant referred to was with regard to a majority of persons who approached Him to get their desires fulfilled, without any true devotion. Only few individuals with true and steadfast devotion will succeed in their 'saadhana'/spiritual pursuit, harnessing the mercy and grace of Sainath Maharaj, just like a small fraction of innumerable number of flowers that turn into fruits. Does it mean that Baba is partial to only a few? Not at all! His love, mercy, grace and kindness are like the life giving rain, which does not discriminate any one. However, the rain that falls on a rocky terrain is wasted as run-off. While the same rain falling on a fertile soil is absorbed into the deeper layers of the soil to sustain a beautiful crop. Therefore, it is for us to mould ourselves like fertile soil to imbibe and absorb His everlasting and continuous shower of love. Then we realize that He is always with us and whatever happens is due to His grace.

Let us not presume that Sainath is not answering our prayers if our worldly wishes do not materialize, He does give what we really need, which may not be what we desire. Let us be grateful to Him for this Manava Janma, that He has so kindly granted us, thus enabling us to capitalize upon our sense of discrimination, devotion and dedication backed-up by "Shraddha" and "Saburi". Q. Question of the week is given below....... A. by Sai devotee Q. Baba left his bodily coil for 72 hours much before his mahasamadhi. Did Baba give any indication to his devotees what transpired in those 72 hours or was there any kind of discussion on this? A. Jai Sai Ram. I found through Sai Chalisa that when Baba left his body for 72 hours, it was the same time when Shri Ramakrishna Paramahansa took his Mahasamadhi. A friend of mine on the Kriya Yoga path advised me that both of these great spiritual men must

have met in the Astral world during this time. SAI ACTIVITIES: Special New Year Eve pooja on Monday, December 31st Temple open till midnightThis year Shirdi Sai Temple of Chicago, Illinois, USA will be open till midnight on New year eve for devotees wishing to invite the new year in Baba's presence. Bhajans and Naam jaap after dhoop arathi onwards. Participate in person or in absentia in special archana pooja followed by Shej arathi at midnight to Shri Sai Baba for all His blessings in the new year. Please call temple office at 847-931-4058 for sponsorship details or questions. Shirdi Sai Temple of Chicago and Suburbs, Illinois, USAShirdi Sai temple is open daily from 8:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m.(Winter hours). Daily program includes Kakad Arathi at 8 a.m. followed by Abhisek. Madhayana Arathi at 12 noon, Dhoop Arathi at 6 p.m. and

Shej Arathi at 9 p.m. Archana, Homams, Sahasranama and sponsored poojas continue in between the Arathis. To request a pooja for yourselves, your friends and family, please call. Devotees can request water (Abhishek Jal) from the Holy bathing of Baba by sending us an email or by phone. Temple is located 25 minutes drive west of Schaumburg on intersection of IL Route 47 and Plank Road in Hampshire, IL. For more information please call 847-931-4058 or send email to maildrop. Sri Saibaba Mandir, Minneapolis, MNSri Saibaba Mandir is located in Minneapolis, MN at 1835 Polk St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418. The mandir is open 7 days a week in the evenings from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm and during morning hours from 9 am to 12:30 pm, except Mondays. Satsangs are conducted every Sunday mornings, 9 am to 12:30 pm. Please visit the mandir website www.hamaresai.org or call 612-789-7729 for more information on mandir activities, events and other

information. Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of Dallas/Fort Worth, TexasSri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of DFW Metroplex is located at 2109 West Parker (Parker Plaza), Suite 212, Plano, TX 75023. For temple hours and activities please call the temple office at 469-467-3388 or visit the website www.shirdisaidallas.org. Shirdi Sai Center in Bay Area, CAShirdi Sai Center is located 897-B East Kifer Rd, Sunnyvale, CA 94086. For more information please call 408-705-7904 or 408-564-6704 or send email to saibandhu. You can also visit our website is www.Shirdisaiparivaar.org. Shirdi Saibaba temple, Los Angeles, CADevotees in Los Angeles area are informed about Sri Shirdi Saibaba temple in Los Angeles area. The temple is located at - 144 South 4th Street, Montebello, CA 90640. For more information please call Krishna Samantula at 949-679-9938 or visit

www.shirdisaila.org. Saibaba Temple, Columbus, OhioDevotees in Columbus and surrounding Ohio locations area are informed about Sri Shirdi Saibaba temple in Metro Columbus area. The temple is located in a leasing space at 7674 Sawmill Rd, Dublin, OH 43016. Please attend daily Aaratis and Thursday bhajans. For more information please call Panditjee at 614-799-8411 or visit www.saibaba.cc. Shirdi Sai bhajans every Thursday at Maitland, FloridaDevotees are invited to participate in Sai study and bhajans on Thursdays between 7-8 pm at Meditation Gallery, 219 E Horatio Ave, Maitland, FL 32715. For more details please contact Bonnie at 407-830-1276. FROM THE EDITORS KEYBOARD: Sai Vichaar and Saibaba.org wish readers a Merry Christmas. A Sai devotee suggests the Question of the week for this week as follows: Q. Baba left his bodily coil for 72 hours much before his mahasamadhi- did Baba give any indication to his devotees what transpired in those 72 hrs or was there any kind of discussion on this? Humbly Yours,The Editor ABOUT THIS EMAIL: This newsletter is not sent unsolicited. This newsletter is e-mailed to you because of at least one of the following reasons:1. You have d through our on-line page,2. You have visited our web site and shown interest in the Sai topics and asked for information, or3. You have been gifted a subscription by a friend or a relative. To Subscribe Sai Vichaar for receipt by Email please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the option from the menu. If you are subscribing the newsletter for your friend or a relative, we request that the

person concerned may be notified about receiving the newsletter and the willingness to receive the newsletter be confirmed. To Un-Subscribe receipt of Sai Vichaar, please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the option from the menu. If you have problems accessing the web page due to network problems, please send an e-mail to support with the words "Un Sai Vichaar" in the subject line. To make a contribution to any of the sections of Sai Vichaar, please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the Submit Articles to Sai Vichaar option from the menu. Back copies of HTML version of Sai Vichaar can be accessed by visting the URL http://www.saibaba.org/whatsnew.html. For any questions or more information regarding this e-mail or our web site, please send an e-mail to maildrop and your inquiries will be attended to

promptly. Thank you,The webmaster From and Editor: Shirdi Sai Baba Web Site Shirdi Sai Baba Sanstha (A non-profit organization) Mail: 12N950 State Route 47 Hampshire, IL 60140, USA Email maildrop Phone 847-931-4058 Fax 847-931-4066 © Copyright 1998-2006 saibaba.org, Shirdi Sai Baba Sanstha - Sai Vichaar Weekly may only be redistributed in its unedited form. Written permission must be obtained to reprint or cite the information contained within this newsletter. Sai Vichaar is devoted to the philosophy and teachings of Shri Sadguru Sai Baba of Shirdi, and will take every measure to avoid topics or themes contradicting the same. Sai Vichaar team or the Shirdi Sai Baba web site is not responsible for the opinions expressed by individual contributors.