IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

SRI KALAHASTI

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THERE IS ALSO A GOLDEN Lizard IN THE JAGAMOHANA OF THE GREAT TEMPLE OF SRI KALAHASTI, DIST. CHITOOR, ANDHRA PRADESH.

DEVOTES AND THE FAITHFUL IN QUEUE PASS UNDER IT AND TOUCH IT.

THE LIZARD IS AFFIXED TO A ROOF IN A CORNER OF THE JAGAMOHANA.

i did that variously to my heart's contention. By being complaint, gives Feel Good factor.

SRI KALAHASTI, was a favourite of the Adi Sankara !

Dr. deepak Bhattacharya

=============================

-

venkata krishnan

; kishore patnaik

Thursday, April 02, 2009 7:36 PM

Re: Re: Who has written Artha sastra>?

Dear Kishore,

I am busy these days since my Sister is getting married on 20th April 2009.I have not check,ed mails for the past 1month and got innumerable mails from various gbroups.I ve come across the mail of yours by an accident today.I find this topic to be interesting regarding Kanchipuram.Iwill send mail you and the group the invitation later.I will be very happy if you and other members of the group attend the marriage.By the by, can you mail me the exact topic of discussion on Kanchipuram?So that I can make some contribution.For there is a Proverb in Sanskrit,

naareesuramba nakareshukanchi purusheshuvishnuh pushpeshujaati

Meaning:

Among the women Ramba is the most beautiful, Among the cities Kanchi is the holiest city

Among the persons Lord Vishnu is the greatest and among the Flowers Jasmine is the supreme.

In this sloka, the mentioned city Kanchi is certainly Kanchipuram in Tamilnadu.Kan chipuram was the capital of the Pallava Empire who built many temples .Kanchipuram is called City of temples in South In dia whic h is next to Bhuvaneswaram my native place which is now officially called Bhubaneswar.There is the famous Lord Devaraajaswami Temple in Thirukachchi in Kanchipuram and there is a Silver Lizard in that temple.All the devotees who come to that temple worship that Lizard by touching it and go in a queue.Worshippin g that lizard is believed to liberate the people from all the bad effects caused by the Lizards.People throng to that temple.This is just a piece of information about the Lizard in Kanchipuram.

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN.

Kishore patnaik <kishorepatnaik09 > Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 11:33:31 AM Re: Who has written Artha sastra>?

this is great information. The place must be less than 40 kms to my house. If possible, I will take a look. However, as you have rightly pointed out, this is not the Kanchi we are looking for. Kachi puram must be lying on the way from Kalinga to Kadapa. If there is no such kanchi, then we will have to assume that there is no second Kanchi in Andhra pradesh and accept the Tamilnadu Kanchi puram as the candidate. regards, Kishore patnaik , Katherine Brobeck <sivadasi@.. .> wrote:>> Dear Kishore,> I've googled 'Andhra Kashi', and found this:> ( KodaKanchi, Medak district, Sangareddi taluk, near Patancheru )> but that doesn't sound right if you say it should be near the coast.> > The Medak one features the golden lizard also found at Kanchipuram, > but only> 700 years' old. . . deities: AdiNarayana, Bhu & Neela Devis. Alwars.> This next part was more interesting. . . villagers cleared the > shrubs and found> the remains of a splendid temple along with its idols. This happened > few decades ago,> but nothing much was done to restore its glory. Frequent thefts had > their toll.> The main idols and ornaments are gone. Modernisation attempts by > donors have robbed the temple> of its original architecture. Black stone pillars, the Stupas and > the rest houses gave way to one large> concrete Mandapam in which weekly SatyaNarayana Vratams are held.> The bigger picture The annual Jatara that takes place a fortnight > before Sivaratri is the only time when the> Kodakanchi village witnesses large crowds. The village has many > structures which hints at the existence> of a much bigger structure spread over hundreds of acres, centuries ago.> > blog: Prince Power of BZA Krishna Lanka 14/12/08> Kathie> > But this is interesting:> On Mar 29, 2009, at 3:02 AM, Kishore patnaik wrote:> Dear Kathie,> > I seem to have lost the reference. However, it is in the coastal > > districts. Again I remembered of this when I was reading on > > Samudragupta.> >>