IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What to do with Abhishekam Water ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Greetings to all my brothers and sisters. I have a doubt for a very long time.

Say we perform a simple abhishekam for Shiva Moorthi in our house, where should

be perform the abhishekam? is it okay if hold the moorthi and place a bowl below

the moorti and let the abhiskegam water and milk fall into the pot? and what

should we do with that abhishekam water and milk? is it ok to pour it unto

plants? say the thulasi tree?

do guide me... thank u....

Om Namah Shivaya....

Guest guest

Dear Shree Dinesh,

I consume the water as prasad, a little amount however. If its more, then it can be poured out. Normally, it is said that the water thats touched the Shiva Linga becomes hard in nature and it is not advisable to drink all of them. Only as a prasad, one can take a little.

Interestingly, this question was posted by another person in another :)

Regards,Ramesh

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 7:59 AM, yraghuveer <raghuviry wrote:

OM Shree Gurubhyo NamahaOM Shree Matre NamahaDear Dinesh ji,Drink it!! Place the moorti in a plate and perform the abhishekam.Clean the moorti with a soft clean cloth holding in your hands.

Om Namaha Shivaya. , " Dinesh Scaran " <dinesh.theboss wrote:>

> Greetings to all my brothers and sisters. I have a doubt for a very long time. Say we perform a simple abhishekam for Shiva Moorthi in our house, where should be perform the abhishekam? is it okay if hold the moorthi and place a bowl below the moorti and let the abhiskegam water and milk fall into the pot? and what should we do with that abhishekam water and milk? is it ok to pour it unto plants? say the thulasi tree?

> > do guide me... thank u....> > Om Namah Shivaya....>

Guest guest

The murthi whether at home or at the temple is supposed to be divine and the whatever is poured on the murthi is said to be sacred and is to be consumed. In Sabarimala they do the abhishekam of the murthi of Ayyappa with ghee, and the ghee is returned to the devotees who carry it home and distribute among the the family members and friends and relatives. In Palani, Lord Subramania is dabbed with the panchamirtham and this panchamirtham is given to the devotee which is considered to be a precious medication. In every other temple what the archaka give to the devotees, in a brass spoon is the water poured over the murthi and we all drink it in great reverence. In Thirupathi they pour milk, ghee and ever so many items over the head of Venkatachalapathy and what falls on the ground from his head is said to be prasadam. If that be the case,

why pour your abhishekam water in the flower pot? Drink it with all reverence and give it to your wife and children. If it is huge quantity, you may pour it in the flower pot.

Your Mail works best with the New Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.

Guest param dham param

a  well known respected learned person from kakinada, who gives lectures[pravachan] at home and abroad,on tv  etc,, has stated stating it is said in saivaagamas , that the abhisheka  teertham should not be given or taken and drunk.  hence the question of dinesh--i consider unanswered till a citation is quoted

param dham param