IndiaDivine.org
Guest guest

Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste to all. I have been under a lot of stress due to domestic issues

over the past 1 year or so. About 8 months back my wife left me for her

house for silly reasons, taking with her our 4 month old daughter.

Since, then to get her back, upon advise of an astrologer, I have been

fasting every monday from sunrise to sunset. I would drink milk or

tea/coffee or some fruit juice

(all liquid food)but no solid stuff. After Sunset I would chant some

Siva Stotras and break the fast by eating a banana or two. And then

have some light (saltless) meals in the night. I have been doing this

for the past 7 months. Recently I came to know that this is similar to

Somavara Vratham. Eventhough I have been doing it regularly every week

not much change has been seen in the issues. So I am wondering whether

I am fasting the proper way. Anyone in the group having knowledge of

Somavara Vratham, please advise. Should I stop drinking tea/coffee

also? Regards, Hari

Guest guest

What I see some planet is wrongly placed in your "Kundli" which is the reason for this kind of happening.As I have read in Shastra that any "Shiv" puja should be finished before sunset.I suggest you to contact with some good "Jotshi"(Astrologer" who will guide you properly.

Regards

Assaram--- On Sat, 6/6/09, Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 wrote:

Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham? Date: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 8:21 PM

Namaste to all. I have been under a lot of stress due to domestic issues over the past 1 year or so. About 8 months back my wife left me for her house for silly reasons, taking with her our 4 month old daughter. Since, then to get her back, upon advise of an astrologer, I have been fasting every monday from sunrise to sunset. I would drink milk or tea/coffee or some fruit juice (all liquid food)but no solid stuff. After Sunset I would chant some Siva Stotras and break the fast by eating a banana or two. And then have some light (saltless) meals in the night. I have been doing this for the past 7 months. Recently I came to know that this is similar to Somavara Vratham. Eventhough I have been doing it regularly every week not much change has been seen in the issues. So I am

wondering whether I am fasting the proper way. Anyone in the group having knowledge of Somavara Vratham, please advise. Should I stop drinking tea/coffee also? Regards, Hari

Guest guest

Assuming that you have to please the Lord Moon, you may place PADDY, at the feet of Lord Moon,

in any NAVAGRAHA Temple, on MONDAY and pray sincerely. I am sure this should solve the problem.

TRC

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 wrote:

Namaste to all. I have been under a lot of stress due to domestic issues over the past 1 year or so. About 8 months back my wife left me for her house for silly reasons, taking with her our 4 month old daughter. Since, then to get her back, upon advise of an astrologer, I have been fasting every monday from sunrise to sunset. I would drink milk or tea/coffee or some fruit juice (all liquid food)but no solid stuff. After Sunset I would chant some Siva Stotras and break the fast by eating a banana or two. And then have some light (saltless) meals in the night. I have been doing this for the past 7 months. Recently I came to know that this is similar to Somavara Vratham. Eventhough I have been doing it regularly every week not much change has been seen in the issues. So I am wondering whether I am fasting the proper way. Anyone in the group having knowledge of Somavara Vratham, please advise. Should I stop drinking tea/coffee also?

Regards, Hari

Guest guest

Dear Hari,

When we fast or do vrat or any spiritual exercise we do it for increasing our intention or desire so that what we ask for will materialize. so there is no hard and fast rules on what to do as long as we do the required things in a sincere way.

Secondly we have to do our duty and show patience and with faith wait for god's intervention, this is easy to say but we have to practice this eventually to be successful in both materialistic and spiritual life.

Fasting increases our connection with god, during fast openly pray to god, open your heart to god as if you are talking to your best friend and seek answers, you will see miracles happen in this way.

God Bless you,

Om Namah Shivaya,

Divakar.

to gain what we want and also there is nothing wrong to seek god for his help to resolve our --- On Sat, 6/6/09, Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 wrote:

Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham? Date: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 11:21 PM

Namaste to all. I have been under a lot of stress due to domestic issues over the past 1 year or so. About 8 months back my wife left me for her house for silly reasons, taking with her our 4 month old daughter. Since, then to get her back, upon advise of an astrologer, I have been fasting every monday from sunrise to sunset. I would drink milk or tea/coffee or some fruit juice (all liquid food)but no solid stuff. After Sunset I would chant some Siva Stotras and break the fast by eating a banana or two. And then have some light (saltless) meals in the night. I have been doing this for the past 7 months. Recently I came to know that this is similar to Somavara Vratham. Eventhough I have been doing it regularly every week not much change has been seen in the issues. So I am

wondering whether I am fasting the proper way. Anyone in the group having knowledge of Somavara Vratham, please advise. Should I stop drinking tea/coffee also? Regards, Hari

Guest guest

Hari Om

in case you have Guru chant Gurumantra with shradha,otherwise IshtDev mantra it helps

mggarga

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Divakara Tanjore <div_tan wrote:

Divakara Tanjore <div_tanRe: Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham? Date: Monday, June 8, 2009, 9:05 PM

Dear Hari,

When we fast or do vrat or any spiritual exercise we do it for increasing our intention or desire so that what we ask for will materialize. so there is no hard and fast rules on what to do as long as we do the required things in a sincere way.

Secondly we have to do our duty and show patience and with faith wait for god's intervention, this is easy to say but we have to practice this eventually to be successful in both materialistic and spiritual life.

Fasting increases our connection with god, during fast openly pray to god, open your heart to god as if you are talking to your best friend and seek answers, you will see miracles happen in this way.

God Bless you,

Om Namah Shivaya,

Divakar.

to gain what we want and also there is nothing wrong to seek god for his help to resolve our --- On Sat, 6/6/09, Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 > wrote:

Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 >[om_namah_shivaya_ group] Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comSaturday, June 6, 2009, 11:21 PM

Guest guest

Hello Mr Harihara,

Your name itself sounds so divine.

You have mentioned that your wife left you for silly reasons. I am sure that would have been a stressfull time for you to go through. Having said that, if you are not at fault then she is the real looser. Please remember that everything is happening according to Deiva sankalpam.

Just keep praying God on a daily basis. If she is lucky she will come back. If not stay single and continue to perform your services towards God.

Jai Bholenath.

Regards

Sriram.S

"Only in quiet waters things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."--- On Tue, 6/9/09, mg garga <mggarga wrote:

mg garga <mggargaRe: Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham? Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 5:10 AM

Hari Om

in case you have Guru chant Gurumantra with shradha,otherwise IshtDev mantra it helps

mggarga

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Divakara Tanjore <div_tan > wrote:

Divakara Tanjore <div_tan >Re: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comMonday, June 8, 2009, 9:05 PM

Dear Hari,

God Bless you,

Om Namah Shivaya,

Divakar.

to gain what we want and also there is nothing wrong to seek god for his help to resolve our --- On Sat, 6/6/09, Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 > wrote:

Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 >[om_namah_shivaya_ group] Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comSaturday, June 6, 2009, 11:21 PM

Guest guest

Kind Attn Hari!

You are right!

Fasting will definitely cure.

How?

pl understand the family structure.

Dont bring abstracts .

try to analyse the cause,drop ego,have a clear vision.

Afterall hindu marriages are god made....and we have no right to comment on it.

Accept the maladies.Afterall she is your wife and blessed with a child!

Enjoy your life with your wife and child which is a blessing.

pl understand that you are the cause for alll problems ...

try to correct /ignore...

you can reunite without fasting!?

Ask for counselling /reasoning.

you have mentioned Trivial causes separation!

in family this is very common and if one trivial cause is solved another will sprout....permanent.

may be fasting will subdue your tempers.

GPS--- On Sat, 6/6/09, Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 wrote:

Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham? Date: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 8:21 PM

Guest guest

Dear Sir, Thanks for your suggestions. However please note that I have also been trying many other means of getting her back. After all, God helps those who help themselves. However this being a spiritual forum, I wished to confine my message to the pertinent point - that of the Vratham I have been doing. If you have any suggestions on this Vratham I was doing, let me know. Regards, Hari --- On Tue, 6/9/09, Parthasarathy Gopalan <gsarathy32 wrote:Parthasarathy Gopalan <gsarathy32Re: Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham? Cc: harih2002Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009,

10:10 AMKind Attn Hari!

You are right!

How?

Dont bring abstracts .

in family this is very common and if one trivial cause is solved another will sprout....permanent.

GPS--- On Sat, 6/6/09, Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 wrote:

Namaste to all. I have been under a lot of stress due to domestic issues over the past 1 year or so. About 8 months back my wife left me for her house for silly reasons, taking with her our 4 month old daughter. Since, then to get her back, upon advise of an astrologer, I have been fasting every monday from sunrise to sunset. I would drink milk or tea/coffee or some fruit juice (all liquid food)but no solid stuff. After Sunset I would chant some Siva Stotras and break the fast by eating a banana or two. And then have some light (saltless) meals in the night. I have been doing this for the past 7 months. Recently I came to know that this is similar to Somavara Vratham. Eventhough I have been doing it regularly every week not much change has been seen in the issues.

So I am

Guest guest

HariOm

Our Guruji says that to keep the family unite ifyou have to Bow down bow down & keep family United as in most cases the ego comes in way in solving the problems.Wife & husband are two wheels of life cart ,in case one will not work the life cart will stop or run unsmoothly.

bow down (Jhuk jao)so that family remain unite.

You have to accept each other with his/her good & bad habits both

regards

mggarga--- On Tue, 6/9/09, Parthasarathy Gopalan <gsarathy32 wrote:

Parthasarathy Gopalan <gsarathy32Re: Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham? Cc: harih2002Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 10:10 AM

Kind Attn Hari!

You are right!

How?

Dont bring abstracts .

in family this is very common and if one trivial cause is solved another will sprout....permanent .

GPS--- On Sat, 6/6/09, Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 > wrote:

Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 >[om_namah_shivaya_ group] Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comSaturday, June 6, 2009, 8:21 PM

Guest guest

HariOm

"Only in quiet waters things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."

in dirty water also you canot your innage it sould & in the same way mind/mun should also be clean

mggarga--- On Tue, 6/9/09, Sriram S <sriram_s_98 wrote:

Sriram S <sriram_s_98Re: Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham? Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 10:06 AM

Hello Mr Harihara,

You have mentioned that your wife left you for silly reasons. I am sure that would have been a stressfull time for you to go through. Having said that, if you are not at fault then she is the real looser. Please remember that everything is happening according to Deiva sankalpam.

Just keep praying God on a daily basis. If she is lucky she will come back. If not stay single and continue to perform your services towards God.

Jai Bholenath.

Regards

Sriram.S

"Only in quiet waters things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."--- On Tue, 6/9/09, mg garga <mggarga > wrote:

mg garga <mggarga >Re: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comTuesday, June 9, 2009, 5:10 AM

Hari Om

mggarga

Divakara Tanjore <div_tan >Re: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comMonday, June 8, 2009, 9:05 PM

Dear Hari,

God Bless you,

Om Namah Shivaya,

Divakar.

Guest guest

Mr Hari,

First go for legal course of action to restore your marriage. If you are not at fault and she deserted you certainly God will help you. Whatever may be the God's action it will be for your betterment and have faith in Him. But do not keep quite without your efforts.

D.M.M.RAO--- On Tue, 9/6/09, mg garga <mggarga wrote:

mg garga <mggargaRe: Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham? Date: Tuesday, 9 June, 2009, 2:23 PM

HariOm

"Only in quiet waters things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."

in dirty water also you canot your innage it sould & in the same way mind/mun should also be clean

mggarga--- On Tue, 6/9/09, Sriram S <sriram_s_98@ > wrote:

Sriram S <sriram_s_98@ >Re: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comTuesday, June 9, 2009, 10:06 AM

Hello Mr Harihara,

Jai Bholenath.

Regards

Sriram.S

"Only in quiet waters things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."--- On Tue, 6/9/09, mg garga <mggarga > wrote:

mg garga <mggarga >Re: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comTuesday, June 9, 2009, 5:10 AM

Hari Om

mggarga

Dear Hari,

God Bless you,

Om Namah Shivaya,

Divakar.

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Guest guest

Thanks,

You will definitely get the good message from eternity.

GPS--- On Tue, 6/9/09, Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 wrote:

Harihara Krishnan <harih2002Re: Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham? , "Parthasarathy Gopalan" <gsarathy32Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 12:42 AM

Dear Sir, Thanks for your suggestions. However please note that I have also been trying many other means of getting her back. After all, God helps those who help themselves. However this being a spiritual forum, I wished to confine my message to the pertinent point - that of the Vratham I have been doing. If you have any suggestions on this Vratham I was doing, let me know. Regards, Hari --- On Tue, 6/9/09, Parthasarathy Gopalan <gsarathy32 > wrote:

Parthasarathy Gopalan <gsarathy32 >Re: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comCc: harih2002 Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 10:10 AM

Kind Attn Hari!

You are right!

How?

Dont bring abstracts .

in family this is very common and if one trivial cause is solved another will sprout....permanent .

Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 >[om_namah_shivaya_ group] Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comSaturday, June 6, 2009, 8:21 PM

Guest guest

AumNamasteSorry to interject, I suggest you perform Homa (to Durga Devi) with Fresh Turmeric roots.....and beg pardon for your faults.Namah SivayaAum--- On Wed, 6/10/09, Parthasarathy Gopalan <gsarathy32 wrote:Parthasarathy Gopalan <gsarathy32Re: Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham? Date: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 3:45 AM

Thanks,

You will definitely get the good message from eternity.

GPS--- On Tue, 6/9/09, Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 > wrote:

Harihara Krishnan <harih2002 >Re: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, "Parthasarathy Gopalan" <gsarathy32 >Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 12:42 AM

Dear Sir, Thanks for your suggestions. However please note that I have also been trying many other means of getting her back. After all, God helps those who help themselves. However this being a spiritual forum, I wished to confine my message to the pertinent point - that of the Vratham I have been doing. If you have any suggestions on this Vratham I was doing, let me know. Regards, Hari --- On Tue, 6/9/09, Parthasarathy Gopalan <gsarathy32 > wrote:

Parthasarathy Gopalan <gsarathy32 >Re: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] Fasting for curing family issues - Soma vara Vratham?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comCc: harih2002 Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 10:10 AM

Kind Attn Hari!

You are right!

How?

Dont bring abstracts .

Namaste to all. I have been under a lot of stress due to domestic issues over the past 1 year or so. About 8 months back my wife left me for her house for silly reasons, taking with her our 4 month old daughter. Since, then to get her back, upon advise of an astrologer, I have been fasting every monday from sunrise to sunset. I would drink milk or tea/coffee or some fruit juice (all liquid food)but no solid stuff. After Sunset I would chant some Siva Stotras and break the fast by eating a banana or two. And then have some light (saltless) meals in the night. I have been doing this for the past 7 months. Recently I came to know that this is similar to Somavara Vratham. Eventhough I have been doing it regularly every week not much change has been seen in the issues.

So I am

Guest Paarijat

Please read the somavara vrata Katha. You can look it up on the internet. Reading this will complete the vrata. You could also do archana with bilva leaves to Lord Shiva/ or offer bilava leaves at a Shiva temple.