IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

valampuri sangu rarity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The purpose of this post is not to stress the rarity of valumpuri sangu. I want

to share my recent experience during my visit to Kanya Kumari from Trivandrum.

One of my friend told me that I can get Valampuri (Dakshnavarti) conch easily in

Kanya Kumari, I understood what he meant as he is not very knowledgeable about

conches.

I visited all sea shell conch shops around the main triveni sangam and they had

only whelk to show as valampuri sangu. when I told them that I am interested in

Indian Valampuri and not whelk, then they took me to their home temples and

showed me Indian Valampuris which are actually manufactured and they have

uniform green thick skin kind of cover. Some sellers showed multiple pieces, all

the pieces were of same size and shape and covered with thick green skin. These

manufactured pieces were offered for INR 5000 only. So beware of manufactured

pieces and buy only from known and verified sources listed on sacred-objects

group.

Wish You Happy And Prosperous New Year

Guest guest

Thanks and Happy New Year. Please, anyone in this group planning to buy a Valampuri ot Nagamani, etc., please show PIC to members of this group. Some members of this group are genuine Valampuri Lakshmi Shank dealers, and most members understand the reality. This is a smart group of Sacred Object lovers. A Valampuri can never be had for Rs 5000 (absurd).. MORE LIKE Rs 5000 PER GRAM and way up...Whelk shell is a Shank like a dog is flying horse. It is fraud, just the same as telling that a garnet is a ruby. Pure fraud.Thanks for the reminder... Y/s, RichardRichard Shaw Brown, PGMusician,

Designer, Gemologist & Authorwww.richardshawbrown.com--- On Thu, 31/12/09, Ishwar <ishwar33 wrote:Ishwar <ishwar33 valampuri sangu raritysacred-objects Date: Thursday, 31 December, 2009, 6:02 PM

The purpose of this post is not to stress the rarity of valumpuri sangu. I want to share my recent experience during my visit to Kanya Kumari from Trivandrum. One of my friend told me that I can get Valampuri (Dakshnavarti) conch easily in Kanya Kumari, I understood what he meant as he is not very knowledgeable about conches.

I visited all sea shell conch shops around the main triveni sangam and they had only whelk to show as valampuri sangu. when I told them that I am interested in Indian Valampuri and not whelk, then they took me to their home temples and showed me Indian Valampuris which are actually manufactured and they have uniform green thick skin kind of cover. Some sellers showed multiple pieces, all the pieces were of same size and shape and covered with thick green skin. These manufactured pieces were offered for INR 5000 only. So beware of manufactured pieces and buy only from known and verified sources listed on sacred-objects group.

Wish You Happy And Prosperous New Year

Get your preferred Email name!

Now you can @ymail.com and @rocketmail.com.

2 of 2 Photo(s)