pure devotion.

I would like to experience some structure to my sadhana and would like some

advice.

Thus far i have read The Devi Gita and The guru gita, i have also the beginning

Pujas but have not explored them. I created a sadhana by reciting the Sankalpa

of the Devi Gita for 9 days and I enjoyed that. Beyond that my sadhana has been

by whim.

I just wondered what are some good beginnings to encourage the growth of my

energies so that i may venture into the longer, beginning Pujas and recitations?

And as a start these beginning Pujas ; how often are they recommended, daily,

weekly?

I regret, like Swamaji mentioned in one of the Guru Gita classes, I have been a

Donkey carrying lots of books of knowledge but with very little practice. Thank

you.

With Immense Gratitude

Jai Ma Guru! Jai Shiva!

Lance

Guest guest

namaste lance, now its time to OPEN the beginner pujas =). that is the perfect structure to begin our sadhana. then you can always expand them adding buts here and there. soon you can do the beginner puja and read one verse from the gita and meditate upon it. or anything. the sky is the limit, but we must first limit to something simple and begin from there. do the puja as often as you can, once a day is preferred, twice a day, once a week, once a month, you will get the fruit of your sadhana. so a monthly sadhana will get you a monthly benefit heh. I have found that the mind loves to procrastinate by learning more theory, but i know that the soul wants direct experience. i have also found that at the time of death the theory we have stuffed our brains with will not come with us, but how our soul has been transformed through practice will come with us.

and the hardest part is just getting started. but once you dive in that wave carries you.

good luck

jai ma,

dan

Lance <lanceroehrig

Mon, Mar 15, 2010 11:53 pm

[www.ShreeMaa.org] First Steps

Namaste dear friends,

Up until finding Devi Mandir website my sadhana has been much like a babies first steps, wobbley, without course, but on the good side innocent and with pure devotion.

I would like to experience some structure to my sadhana and would like some advice.

Thus far i have read The Devi Gita and The guru gita, i have also the beginning Pujas but have not explored them. I created a sadhana by reciting the Sankalpa of the Devi Gita for 9 days and I enjoyed that. Beyond that my sadhana has been by whim.

I just wondered what are some good beginnings to encourage the growth of my energies so that i may venture into the longer, beginning Pujas and recitations? And as a start these beginning Pujas ; how often are they recommended, daily, weekly?

I regret, like Swamaji mentioned in one of the Guru Gita classes, I have been a Donkey carrying lots of books of knowledge but with very little practice. Thank you.

With Immense Gratitude

Jai Ma Guru! Jai Shiva!

Lance