IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: Chandi paath system

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you everybody for your help in understanding Chandi paath and the break down of the paath

r.singh

From: kamalaji_indiaDate: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 05:20:30 +0000[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: Mantra Jaap

Dear Rajeev,I have been with the two teaching saints of the Devi Mandir, Shree Maa and Swami Satyananda, on many occasions when they have gone into family homes both in the East and West, established altars for worship, and taught the family members how to perform the worship according to established traditions designed by the rishis, and which have come down through a lineage of teachers.To give you some feedback about "mantras", please consider this teaching from Swami Satyananda in "Before Becoming This":"Mantra comes from the Sanskrit word "mantrayate," that which takes away the mind. When you focus on the mantra, you exclude all other thoughts, and in that way the mantra has taken away your mind. It has taken all the other thoughts away. To use the mantra to its optimum efficiency, we focus on it and get into the vibration and attitude of it, the bhava. . . A mantra has a particular frequency. When you concentrate and repeat the mantra (making japa), you vibrate at the frequency of that mantra. You become one with the vibration of the mantra and resonate with its meaning. A mantra is always a divine vibration. Mantras are words of power that take us to divinity. Saying the mantra or thinking the mantra or breathing the mantra fills our entire being with the mantra. The mantra becomes us. We become one with what the mantra stands for. We become one with God.Someone asked Swamiji, "Should one choose a mantra by deciding what feeling one wants to evoke?"Swamiji advised, "You could, or you could allow a Guru to choose mantras that would be more efficient in guiding you to the types of energies that you, as an individual, will want to inculcate.As Mother's devotee, I had the opportunity to travel and live in India for five years from 2004-09, and I became aware that there are many unclear teachings and regional superstitions about the use of mantras. Rajeev, I hope this gives you some food for thought. Use your discrimination and the guidance of a trusted and true teacher.Namaste,Kamala , "rajeevchhibber" <rkchhibber wrote:>> I heard that some Mantras Jaap are not meant for family people as they change mindset to conflict at home> Some mantras are meant only for Sanyasis as they are detached from the world > Responsibly, taking care of ones family is divine itself while growing spiritually> Can anyone tell me what Mantra jaap/pooja are NOT meantfor family people...> I may be totally wrong in my info. too> would love to hear feedback>

Got a cool Hotmail story? Tell us now

Guest guest

Pranam, When is the gupt Navatratri for the 2010 starting i..e the one in Jan / Feb ???Thank

you,devang.