Guest guest

For a full and clear explanation of the purpose and systems for chanting

the Chandi, Swami Satyananda has written a small handbook. You can find

" Pronunciation And the Chandi Samputs " in our Devi Mandir's website bookstore

at: http://www.shreemaa.org/drupal/node/404

And here is a description of this handy little guidebook:

Pronunciation and the Chandi Samputs contains a collection of stories about

sadhus' chanting, and about the constituent ingredients of intention,

motivation, sincerity, attention, bhava, and understanding. It shares an outline

of the history of Sanskrit literature, and details the origins of

transliteration into Roman characters. It discusses the various styles of

chanting among sadhus, and describes the differences in the alphabets of the

differing languages of India . Then it details the Sadhana of the Chandi:

different ways of chanting for different purposes. Ultimately it defines many of

the Chandi Samputs, and describes the siddhis for which each would be employed.

It's a small book, a simple book, but I think it is very important for students

of Sanskrit.

Happy Chandi chanting!

Kamala

Guest guest

Thanks for reminding me about this book, Kamala! I did not remember what it was all about and now I have a copy again. I decided to rebuy my library of Devi Mandir books, since Canadian immigration is dragging their feet over my staying here and most of my books are down in the States still. It was expensive, but it is so worth it to me to continue to progress in my spiritual life.

Jai Maa!

Kumari from Kitchener--- On Mon, 1/18/10, kamalaji_india <kamalaji_india wrote:

kamalaji_india <kamalaji_india[www.ShreeMaa.org] System for Chanting the Chandi Date: Monday, January 18, 2010, 10:05 PM

For a full and clear explanation of the purpose and systems for chanting the Chandi, Swami Satyananda has written a small handbook. You can find "Pronunciation And the Chandi Samputs" in our Devi Mandir's website bookstore at: http://www.shreemaa .org/drupal/ node/404And here is a description of this handy little guidebook:Pronunciation and the Chandi Samputs contains a collection of stories about sadhus' chanting, and about the constituent ingredients of intention, motivation, sincerity, attention, bhava, and understanding. It shares an outline of the history of Sanskrit literature, and details the origins of transliteration into Roman characters. It discusses the various styles of chanting among sadhus, and describes the differences in the alphabets of the differing languages of India . Then it details the Sadhana of the Chandi: different ways of chanting for

different purposes. Ultimately it defines many of the Chandi Samputs, and describes the siddhis for which each would be employed.It's a small book, a simple book, but I think it is very important for students of Sanskrit. Happy Chandi chanting!Kamala

Guest guest

It is a fabulous and important book!

JAI AMMA!

Surya

-

kamalaji_india

Monday, January 18, 2010 8:05 PM

[www.ShreeMaa.org] System for Chanting the Chandi

For a full and clear explanation of the purpose and systems for chanting the Chandi, Swami Satyananda has written a small handbook. You can find "Pronunciation And the Chandi Samputs" in our Devi Mandir's website bookstore at: http://www.shreemaa.org/drupal/node/404And here is a description of this handy little guidebook:Pronunciation and the Chandi Samputs contains a collection of stories about sadhus' chanting, and about the constituent ingredients of intention, motivation, sincerity, attention, bhava, and understanding. It shares an outline of the history of Sanskrit literature, and details the origins of transliteration into Roman characters. It discusses the various styles of chanting among sadhus, and describes the differences in the alphabets of the differing languages of India . Then it details the Sadhana of the Chandi: different ways of chanting for different purposes. Ultimately it defines many of the Chandi Samputs, and describes the siddhis for which each would be employed.It's a small book, a simple book, but I think it is very important for students of Sanskrit. Happy Chandi chanting!Kamala