IndiaDivine.org

Shree Maa tells us a story: The glory of Satsang!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste Everybody,

Here is a story Shree Maa wanted to share with all of us!

The story is about how satsang (holy company) gives rise to divine knowledge.

Once upon a time there were a king and a queen who were worried that their

daughter was not getting married. They thought that the best future for their

daughter as well as the kingdom would be to marry the daughter to a sadhu.

(Swamiji translates sadhu as " efficient one " . Sadhu means a monk - somebody who

has dedicated their life in search of Truth / God).

A young thief hiding in the corner overheard this conversation. He thought,

" Great, i just have to act like a sadhu to marry the princess and become hier to

the throne. That's just what I will do! "

He dressed up as a sadhu (Sadhu's usually wear saffron clothes - like you see

our Swamiji wearing!). The thief went and sat down with all the sadhus.

A messenger from the king came to the place where all the sadhus had

congregated. He asked each of them, if they would like to marry the princess.

The sadhus were upset with the question - their focus was on God - not on wealth

and marraige. They remonstrated. All of them -- except - you know who - the

thief acting as sadhu.

He closed his eyes and did not say anything in reponse to the messenger.

The messenger went back to the king and said that all the sadhus except one did

not agree to consider marraige with the princess. One young sadhu alone was

silent.

The king asked the young sadhu to be summoned to court and greeted him with the

greatest possible honor. The theif-turned-sadhu thought, " Wow, look at how much

respect a sadhu gets. And I am not even a real-sadhu. How wonderful it will be

to be a true sadhu and be worthy of this respect. "

The thief was transformed! He told the king that he was not interested in

marriage or kingdom and he left to become a true sadhu!

Shree Maa said at the end of this story -- Every human being should do satsang -

it does not matter that it has to be only with sadhu (i.e. a monk or spiritual

teacher). Do with your family. If we do satsang with our family, each family

will get peace.

Jai Maa!

Please think about the story and share what you liked - how can we create more

opportunities for satsang in our lives -- wherever we are? Jai Maa! :)

Namaste Ramya,

please thank Shree Maa for this wonderful story! What I like most about it is

the advice at the end. Because many times my thoughts circle around the question

of how to 'get' satsang and where to find holy company in my vicinity. Now I see

it is a matter of how to 'do' satsang and be(come) holy company. Then satsang is

found everywhere,

om bhaktaartihaayai namah,

with love,

Henny

, " n_ramya108 " <n_ramya108 wrote:

>

> Namaste Everybody,

>

> Here is a story Shree Maa wanted to share with all of us!

>

> The story is about how satsang (holy company) gives rise to divine knowledge.

>

> Once upon a time there were a king and a queen who were worried that their

>

> (Swamiji translates sadhu as " efficient one " . Sadhu means a monk - somebody

who has dedicated their life in search of Truth / God).

>

> A young thief hiding in the corner overheard this conversation. He thought,

" Great, i just have to act like a sadhu to marry the princess and become hier to

>

> He dressed up as a sadhu (Sadhu's usually wear saffron clothes - like you see

our Swamiji wearing!). The thief went and sat down with all the sadhus.

>

> A messenger from the king came to the place where all the sadhus had

The sadhus were upset with the question - their focus was on God - not on wealth

thief acting as sadhu.

>

> He closed his eyes and did not say anything in reponse to the messenger.

>

> The messenger went back to the king and said that all the sadhus except one

did not agree to consider marraige with the princess. One young sadhu alone was

silent.

>

> The king asked the young sadhu to be summoned to court and greeted him with

the greatest possible honor. The theif-turned-sadhu thought, " Wow, look at how

much respect a sadhu gets. And I am not even a real-sadhu. How wonderful it will

be to be a true sadhu and be worthy of this respect. "

>

> The thief was transformed! He told the king that he was not interested in

>

> Shree Maa said at the end of this story -- Every human being should do satsang

- it does not matter that it has to be only with sadhu (i.e. a monk or spiritual

teacher). Do with your family. If we do satsang with our family, each family

will get peace.

>

> Jai Maa!

>

> Please think about the story and share what you liked - how can we create more

opportunities for satsang in our lives -- wherever we are? Jai Maa! :)

>

Jai Maa!Like Linda much of my Satsang is through group.But the Satsang through web cam is by far my favorite.Kirtan is so delightful. It's like being at home with the family again.The Web Cam is by far my favorite way to connect whether we're doing puja, japa or singing it's all full of BLISS!Jai Maa Jai Swami--- On Sat, 9/5/09, n_ramya108 <n_ramya108 wrote:n_ramya108 <n_ramya108[www.ShreeMaa.org] Shree Maa tells us a story: The glory of Satsang! Date: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 12:56 AM

Namaste Everybody,

Here is a story Shree Maa wanted to share with all of us!

The story is about how satsang (holy company) gives rise to divine knowledge.

Once upon a time there were a king and a queen who were worried that their daughter was not getting married. They thought that the best future for their daughter as well as the kingdom would be to marry the daughter to a sadhu.

(Swamiji translates sadhu as "efficient one". Sadhu means a monk - somebody who has dedicated their life in search of Truth / God).

A young thief hiding in the corner overheard this conversation. He thought, "Great, i just have to act like a sadhu to marry the princess and become hier to the throne. That's just what I will do!"

He dressed up as a sadhu (Sadhu's usually wear saffron clothes - like you see our Swamiji wearing!). The thief went and sat down with all the sadhus.

A messenger from the king came to the place where all the sadhus had congregated. He asked each of them, if they would like to marry the princess. The sadhus were upset with the question - their focus was on God - not on wealth and marraige. They remonstrated. All of them -- except - you know who - the thief acting as sadhu.

He closed his eyes and did not say anything in reponse to the messenger.

The messenger went back to the king and said that all the sadhus except one did not agree to consider marraige with the princess. One young sadhu alone was silent.

The king asked the young sadhu to be summoned to court and greeted him with the greatest possible honor. The theif-turned- sadhu thought, "Wow, look at how much respect a sadhu gets. And I am not even a real-sadhu. How wonderful it will be to be a true sadhu and be worthy of this respect."

The thief was transformed! He told the king that he was not interested in marriage or kingdom and he left to become a true sadhu!

Shree Maa said at the end of this story -- Every human being should do satsang - it does not matter that it has to be only with sadhu (i.e. a monk or spiritual teacher). Do with your family. If we do satsang with our family, each family will get peace.

Jai Maa!

Please think about the story and share what you liked - how can we create more opportunities for satsang in our lives -- wherever we are? Jai Maa! :)

Namaste Henny and Linda and Everybody

I will convey your thanks to Shree Maa.

Satsang means sang - is company and sat is truth -- So satsang is keeping

company with truth - We can do that anywhere and everywhere - when we breathe in

love, peace and beauty and share our love and joyfulness! :)

Fall Navaratri starts on september 19. Shree Maa suggested that we can all chant

the Navarna mantra everyday during the Navaratri. The Navarna mantra is:

Om Aim Hrim Klim Chamundayai Vicche

We can each chant as many times as we are able to - upto 5000 mantras a day.

Jai Maa!! :)

, " jaisanatanimaa " <jaisanatanimaa wrote:

>

> Namaste Ramya,

>

> please thank Shree Maa for this wonderful story! What I like most about it is

the advice at the end. Because many times my thoughts circle around the question

of how to 'get' satsang and where to find holy company in my vicinity. Now I see

it is a matter of how to 'do' satsang and be(come) holy company. Then satsang is

found everywhere,

>

> om bhaktaartihaayai namah,

>

> with love,

> Henny

>

, " n_ramya108 " <n_ramya108@> wrote:

> >

> > Namaste Everybody,

> >

> > Here is a story Shree Maa wanted to share with all of us!

> >

> > The story is about how satsang (holy company) gives rise to divine

knowledge.

> >

> > Once upon a time there were a king and a queen who were worried that their

> >

> > (Swamiji translates sadhu as " efficient one " . Sadhu means a monk - somebody

who has dedicated their life in search of Truth / God).

> >

> > A young thief hiding in the corner overheard this conversation. He thought,

> >

> > He dressed up as a sadhu (Sadhu's usually wear saffron clothes - like you

see our Swamiji wearing!). The thief went and sat down with all the sadhus.

> >

> > A messenger from the king came to the place where all the sadhus had

thief acting as sadhu.

> >

> > He closed his eyes and did not say anything in reponse to the messenger.

> >

> > The messenger went back to the king and said that all the sadhus except one

did not agree to consider marraige with the princess. One young sadhu alone was

silent.

> >

> > The king asked the young sadhu to be summoned to court and greeted him with

the greatest possible honor. The theif-turned-sadhu thought, " Wow, look at how

much respect a sadhu gets. And I am not even a real-sadhu. How wonderful it will

be to be a true sadhu and be worthy of this respect. "

> >

> > The thief was transformed! He told the king that he was not interested in

> >

> > Shree Maa said at the end of this story -- Every human being should do

satsang - it does not matter that it has to be only with sadhu (i.e. a monk or

spiritual teacher). Do with your family. If we do satsang with our family, each

family will get peace.

> >

> > Jai Maa!

> >

> > Please think about the story and share what you liked - how can we create

more opportunities for satsang in our lives -- wherever we are? Jai Maa! :)

> >

>

Thank you Henny! Pranams to Shri Maa! I am getting myself geared up for Navaratri. I will certainly chant the Navarna Mantra. Can someone tell me on which days to chant which parts of the Chandi over the course of Navaratri? Also, does the Devi Mandir celebrate Kali Puja on the day before Navaratri begins? That would be on the dark moon day.

Peace,

Kumari--- On Mon, 9/7/09, n_ramya108 <n_ramya108 wrote:

n_ramya108 <n_ramya108[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: Shree Maa tells us a story: The glory of Satsang! Date: Monday, September 7, 2009, 5:45 PM

Namaste Henny and Linda and EverybodyI will convey your thanks to Shree Maa.Satsang means sang - is company and sat is truth -- So satsang is keeping company with truth - We can do that anywhere and everywhere - when we breathe in love, peace and beauty and share our love and joyfulness! :)Fall Navaratri starts on september 19. Shree Maa suggested that we can all chant the Navarna mantra everyday during the Navaratri. The Navarna mantra is:Om Aim Hrim Klim Chamundayai ViccheWe can each chant as many times as we are able to - upto 5000 mantras a day. Jai Maa!! :), "jaisanatanimaa" <jaisanatanimaa@ ...> wrote:>> Namaste Ramya,> > please thank Shree Maa for this

wonderful story! What I like most about it is the advice at the end. Because many times my thoughts circle around the question of how to 'get' satsang and where to find holy company in my vicinity. Now I see it is a matter of how to 'do' satsang and be(come) holy company. Then satsang is found everywhere,> > om bhaktaartihaayai namah,> > with love,> Henny> > > > > > > > , "n_ramya108" <n_ramya108@ > wrote:> >> > Namaste Everybody,> > > > Here is a story Shree Maa wanted to share with all of us!> > > > The story is about how satsang (holy company) gives rise to divine knowledge.> > > >

Once upon a time there were a king and a queen who were worried that their daughter was not getting married. They thought that the best future for their daughter as well as the kingdom would be to marry the daughter to a sadhu. > > > > (Swamiji translates sadhu as "efficient one". Sadhu means a monk - somebody who has dedicated their life in search of Truth / God). > > > > A young thief hiding in the corner overheard this conversation. He thought, "Great, i just have to act like a sadhu to marry the princess and become hier to the throne. That's just what I will do!"> > > > He dressed up as a sadhu (Sadhu's usually wear saffron clothes - like you see our Swamiji wearing!). The thief went and sat down with all the sadhus. > > > > A messenger from the king came to the place where all the sadhus had congregated. He asked each of them, if they would like to marry the princess.

The sadhus were upset with the question - their focus was on God - not on wealth and marraige. They remonstrated. All of them -- except - you know who - the thief acting as sadhu. > > > > He closed his eyes and did not say anything in reponse to the messenger.> > > > The messenger went back to the king and said that all the sadhus except one did not agree to consider marraige with the princess. One young sadhu alone was silent.> > > > The king asked the young sadhu to be summoned to court and greeted him with the greatest possible honor. The theif-turned- sadhu thought, "Wow, look at how much respect a sadhu gets. And I am not even a real-sadhu. How wonderful it will be to be a true sadhu and be worthy of this respect."> > > > The thief was transformed! He told the king that he was not interested in marriage or kingdom and he left to become a true sadhu!> >

> > Shree Maa said at the end of this story -- Every human being should do satsang - it does not matter that it has to be only with sadhu (i.e. a monk or spiritual teacher). Do with your family. If we do satsang with our family, each family will get peace.> > > > Jai Maa!> > > > Please think about the story and share what you liked - how can we create more opportunities for satsang in our lives -- wherever we are? Jai Maa! :)> >>