IndiaDivine.org

A post for Kalavathi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Happy New Year everyone! I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments.... 1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of oneness with the Supreme?2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand. Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of space. Without

this energy life on earth would wither. Does this mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed, or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly developing conditioned responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms of lack of evolution by reincarnation? Enjoy! Kalavathi kalavathi.devi

Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Sangeet Bird <sbird39 wrote: Namas te Ananda, These thoughts have at different times been in my mind too, and here are some of the self made answers I have given myself. 1. Existentialism, if I am right, speaks of being thrown into the world randomly and at least two of its exponents Sartre (I am therefore I think) and Heidegger did not believe in the existence of God or a divine being. I think the latter said he may or may not exist. There was a third guy Kierkegard or something who was a Christian Existentialist and I cant say much about him. Anyway from what i have read and studied and know from my Indian culture we say that we choose our birth path and the family we are born into - nothing random here then. As for the afterlife - here again existentialism believes in a nothingness after death

whereas we I think believe in a reuniting with the universal intelligence. 2. which leads me on to the prana question. i am not a scientist so I cannot speak in scientific terms. In easy terms the difference between a dead cell and a live cell is that the live cell pulsates and the dead one doesn't. This excitation or movement is vibratory in nature and vibration emits sound at some level. In the inception of this vibration an intelligence is involved. the intelligence I have equated in my mind as Purusha and the movement is Shakti or energy. so when Shakti dwells in Intellignece then we have life or prana. Over to the scientists here. 3. the animal thing may have to do with Dharma and Karma - ie if they live their lives out according to their nature and time of birth. But my thoughts on this are really fuzzy. 4. I can only speak from experience and I

think certain people are not ready for yoga on a mental plane that is to say personal development in this lifetime because they think it has nothing to offer them. Apparently in the Kaliyuga ignorance is rife at 75% as opposed to Buddhi at 25% - maybe this applies to every situation across the board. Best Wishes Sangeet "Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani" <yognat2001 wrote: Happy New Year everyone! I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments.... 1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of oneness with the Supreme?2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand. Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of space. Without this energy life on earth would wither. Does this mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed, or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly developing

conditioned responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms of lack of evolution by reincarnation? Enjoy! Kalavathi kalavathi.devi

Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

, "Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani" <yognat2001> wrote:>> > Sangeet Bird sbird39 wrote:> > Namas te Ananda,> > These thoughts have at different times been in my mind too, and here are some of the self made answers I have given myself. > > 1. Existentialism, if I am right, speaks of being thrown into the world randomly and at least two of its exponents Sartre (I am therefore I think) and Heidegger did not believe in the existence of God or a divine being.Sartre converted to Catholicism on his deathbed. Perhaps the prospect of everlasting nothingness became too frightening when seen up close:-) I think the latter said he may or may not exist. There was a third guy Kierkegard or something who was a Christian Existentialist and I cant say much about him. Anyway from what i have read and studied and know from my Indian culture we say that we choose our birth path and the family we are born into - nothing random here then. As for the afterlife - here again existentialism believes in a nothingness after death whereas we I think believe in a reuniting with the universal intelligence.The epitaph of Nikos Kazantzakis reads: "I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free." Is this death, or moshka?Interestingly, Kazantzakis also said:"We have seen the highest circle of spiraling powers. We have named this circle God. We might have given it any name we wished: Abyss, Absolute Darkness, Absolute Light, Matter, Spirit, Ultimate Hope, Ultimate Despair, Silence. But never forget, it is we who give it a name."> > 2. which leads me on to the prana question. i am not a scientist so I cannot speak in scientific terms. In easy terms the difference between a dead cell and a live cell is that the live cell pulsates and the dead one doesn't. This excitation or movement is vibratory in nature and vibration emits sound at some level. In the inception of this vibration an intelligence is involved. the intelligence I have equated in my mind as Purusha and the movement is Shakti or energy. so when Shakti dwells in Intellignece then we have life or prana. Over to the scientists here. > > 3. the animal thing may have to do with Dharma and Karma - ie if they live their lives out according to their nature and time of birth. But my thoughts on this are really fuzzy.My knowledge of dharma and karma is very sketchy. Would animals need free will to act against their nature and time of birth? Would the very existence of free will suggest that the concept of "nature" was no longer valid? If one is programmed by "nature and time of birth," how can one make decisions independently?> > 4. I can only speak from experience and I think certain people are not ready for yoga on a mental plane that is to say personal development in this lifetime because they think it has nothing to offer them. Apparently in the Kaliyuga ignorance is rife at 75% as opposed to Buddhi at 25% - maybe this applies to every situation across the board.Only four hundred and twenty six thousand, eight hundred and ninety three years and eleven months to the satya yuga :-)> Best Wishes> SangeetThanks for the good information Sangeet.I hope some more people will be kind enough to offer their thoughts on Kalavathi's questions, Dai.> > > "Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani" yognat2001 wrote:> Happy New Year everyone!> I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments....> > 1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of oneness with the Supreme?> > 2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand. Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of space. Without this energy life on earth would wither. Does this mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed, or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?> > 3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly developing conditioned responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)> > 4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms of lack of evolution by reincarnation?> > Enjoy! > Kalavathi> kalavathi.devi@n...> > > > > > Photos> Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.>

, "davewithbeard" <davewithbeard> wrote:>> > , "Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani" yognat2001 wrote:> >> > > > Sangeet Bird sbird39 wrote:> > > > Namas te Ananda,> > > > These thoughts have at different times been in my mind too, and here are some of the self made answers I have given myself. > > > > 1. Existentialism, if I am right, speaks of being thrown into the world randomly and at least two of its exponents Sartre (I am therefore I think) and Heidegger did not believe in the existence of God or a divine being.> > Sartre converted to Catholicism on his deathbed. Perhaps the prospect of everlasting nothingness became too frightening when seen up close:-)> > I think the latter said he may or may not exist. There was a third guy Kierkegard or something who was a Christian Existentialist and I cant say much about him.> Anyway from what i have read and studied and know from my Indian culture we say that we choose our birth path and the family we are born into - nothing random here then. As for the afterlife - here again existentialism believes in a nothingness after death whereas we I think believe in a reuniting with the universal intelligence.> > The epitaph of Nikos Kazantzakis reads:> > "I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free."> > Is this death, or moshka?> > Interestingly, Kazantzakis also said:> > "We have seen the highest circle of spiraling powers. We have named this circle God. We might have given it any name we wished: Abyss, Absolute Darkness, Absolute Light, Matter, Spirit, Ultimate Hope, Ultimate Despair, Silence. But never forget, it is we who give it a name."> > > > 2. which leads me on to the prana question. i am not a scientist so I cannot speak in scientific terms. In easy terms the difference between a dead cell and a live cell is that the live cell pulsates and the dead one doesn't. This excitation or movement is vibratory in nature and vibration emits sound at some level. In the inception of this vibration an intelligence is involved. the intelligence I have equated in my mind as Purusha and the movement is Shakti or energy. so when Shakti dwells in Intellignece then we have life or prana. Over to the scientists here. > > > > 3. the animal thing may have to do with Dharma and Karma - ie if they live their lives out according to their nature and time of birth. But my thoughts on this are really fuzzy.> > My knowledge of dharma and karma is very sketchy. Would animals need free will to act against their nature and time of birth? Would the very existence of free will suggest that the concept of "nature" was no longer valid? If one is programmed by "nature and time of birth," how can one make decisions independently?Would it be reasonable to compare dharma to the railway track, life to the train, and free will to the train driver who is free to direct the train within the limits set by the track? Or do we not even have this much freedom? Does dharma drive the train? Now I'm really confused........hopefully, one of this mailing list's other 275 members will be kind enough to pin this one down for me.> > > > 4. I can only speak from experience and I think certain people are not ready for yoga on a mental plane that is to say personal development in this lifetime because they think it has nothing to offer them. Apparently in the Kaliyuga ignorance is rife at 75% as opposed to Buddhi at 25% - maybe this applies to every situation across the board.> > Only four hundred and twenty six thousand, eight hundred and ninety three years and eleven months to the satya yuga :-)> > > Best Wishes> > Sangeet> > Thanks for the good information Sangeet.> > I hope some more people will be kind enough to offer their thoughts on Kalavathi's questions,> > Dai.> > > > > > "Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani" yognat2001 wrote:> > Happy New Year everyone!> > I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments....> > > > 1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of oneness with the Supreme?> > > > 2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand. Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of space. Without this energy life on earth would wither. Does this mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed, or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?> > > > 3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly developing conditioned responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)> > > > 4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms of lack of evolution by reincarnation?> > > > Enjoy! > > Kalavathi> > kalavathi.devi@n...> > > > > > > > > > > > Photos> > Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.> >>

, Sangeet Bird <sbird39> wrote:

>

> Namas te Dai,

>

> Sometmes trains go 'off the rails' and crash....:-))

>

> Best

> Sangeet

Thanks for that Sangeet. I think I understand where you're coming from.

Are you saying that it would be more accurate to describe dharma as

the correct route (life) to the destination (freedom, enlightenment,

moshka, heaven....)? However, we have free will so we can choose to

take the incorrect route (an unyogic lifestyle) if we so wish? If we

do take the wrong route, we keep on returning to our starting point

(birth) and trying different routes until we find the correct one

(dharma) which will lead us to our destination?

Please let me know if I've misunderstood,

Thanks again,

Dai.

>

>

>

>

>

> Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide

with voicemail

>

, " Yogacharya Dr.Ananda

Bhavanani " <yognat2001> wrote:

>

> Happy New Year everyone!

>

> I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly

is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here

for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments....

>

> 1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of

death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and

the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of

oneness with the Supreme?

>

> 2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your

best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand.

Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of

space. Without this energy life on earth would wither. Does this

mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed,

or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be

transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at

the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?

>

> 3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by

means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals

acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly developing conditioned

responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic

promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)

>

> 4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you

mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms

of lack of evolution by reincarnation?

>

> Enjoy!

>

> Kalavathi

> kalavathi.devi@n...

>

> Dear Kalavathi,

I would like to offer also some thoughts or comments on this topic

or on some of that matter. I think the most important question we

have to ask is who or what is evolving or developing. From that we

can get insides about other things mentioned in your questions also.

If we take the scriptures as the authority we know that the Self is

only ONE, it is all knowing and omnipresent. Since it is omnipresent

it cannot move, it is still and more important it cannot be broken

to any particles - it has no parts. The Self is the Seer and also is

That Entity which is associated with the life and since we know, we

as well as the animals can see or observe and are living beings

there must be Self involved within our bodies as well as within

bodies of the animals. Since we know that the Self is all knowing,

from that follows that the Self is not the one who is evolving or

developing in humans as well as in animals. Also one important thing

must be understood and that is the Self cannot be broken to any

pieces since it is omnipresent and it is not of matter origin. From

this follows, there cannot be any individualization of the Self.

Individual Self cannot therefore be in existence and it is mere

illusion. From this illusion comes a great confusion since there is

some believe people are Individualized Selves that are developing

themselves until they merge into Universal Self or Supreme Self. In

fact the Self cannot jump from body to body neither can he leave or

enter any bodies. He simply interpenetrates all substances in

universe and therefore he is present in all objects that have been

created by Prakriti. Since the Self is independent from Prakriti or

Matter there is no release or Moksha for the Self. The question is

if the Self is not the one who is evolving or developing what is it

that evolves or develop? It is the Mind that evolves and develop,

not the Self. Mind, unlike the Self in Individual Universe is

individualized and what actually makes us different is the mixture

of gunas that compose our minds as well as the minds of the animals.

For this reason sages and the scriptures always point out to

cultivate the Sattva Guna since it is through the Sattvik Chitta the

Self can see the things. More Sattva we cultivate, more we can

understand the things of this matter until we reach Selfrealization.

We have to actually disintegrate our bodies to be the Self in its

own nature and the first step is stop reincarnating into Gross

Universe.I do not think animals are evolving into humans and humans

devolving into animals. Prakriti makes forms of the objects and

since the Self is interpenetrating all objects he simply SEE and

comprehends through those objects - animals, humans, insects etc.

according to developments of their minds. Self cannot be bound by

any Karma and is not affected by any Karma. Even if the person kills

another being the Self cannot be affected because it is not the Self

that kills and the Self of the person killed is also not affected

because Self cannot be killed. Prana existed before Individualized

Universe came to being therefore it cannot be emanating from the

sun. According to Shree Yogeshwaranand Parmahans, subtle prana

comes to being from close association of Braman and Prakriti since

the Self interpenetrates the Prakriti. So this is that vital energy

or Prana which enters every object in the universe and it is eternal

because interpenetration of Braman and Prakriti is also eternal. But

Prana being of material origin undergoes mutation and becomes the

sattvik part of gross Air Element in Idividualized Universe.

Best wishes,

Milos

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Photos

> Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,

holidays, whatever.

>

• 2 weeks later...

dear friend kindly ask the student to think about food & health for people and peace for mankind, let him think about visible things first. vijay tiwari Milos Buchacek <yogaveda_mb wrote: , "Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani" wrote:>> Happy New Year everyone!> > I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments....> > 1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in

terms of oneness with the Supreme?> > 2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand. Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of space. Without this energy life on earth would wither. Does this mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed, or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?> > 3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly developing conditioned responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)> > 4. When you say that some people

aren't ready for yoga, do you mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms of lack of evolution by reincarnation?> > Enjoy! > > Kalavathi> kalavathi.devi@n...> > Dear Kalavathi,I would like to offer also some thoughts or comments on this topic or on some of that matter. I think the most important question we have to ask is who or what is evolving or developing. From that we can get insides about other things mentioned in your questions also. If we take the scriptures as the authority we know that the Self is only ONE, it is all knowing and omnipresent. Since it is omnipresent it cannot move, it is still and more important it cannot be broken to any particles - it has no parts. The Self is the Seer and also is That Entity which is associated with the life and since we know, we as well as the animals can see or observe and are living beings there must be Self

involved within our bodies as well as within bodies of the animals. Since we know that the Self is all knowing, from that follows that the Self is not the one who is evolving or developing in humans as well as in animals. Also one important thing must be understood and that is the Self cannot be broken to any pieces since it is omnipresent and it is not of matter origin. From this follows, there cannot be any individualization of the Self. Individual Self cannot therefore be in existence and it is mere illusion. From this illusion comes a great confusion since there is some believe people are Individualized Selves that are developing themselves until they merge into Universal Self or Supreme Self. In fact the Self cannot jump from body to body neither can he leave or enter any bodies. He simply interpenetrates all substances in universe and therefore he is present in all objects that have been created by Prakriti. Since the

Self is independent from Prakriti or Matter there is no release or Moksha for the Self. The question is if the Self is not the one who is evolving or developing what is it that evolves or develop? It is the Mind that evolves and develop, not the Self. Mind, unlike the Self in Individual Universe is individualized and what actually makes us different is the mixture of gunas that compose our minds as well as the minds of the animals. For this reason sages and the scriptures always point out to cultivate the Sattva Guna since it is through the Sattvik Chitta the Self can see the things. More Sattva we cultivate, more we can understand the things of this matter until we reach Selfrealization. We have to actually disintegrate our bodies to be the Self in its own nature and the first step is stop reincarnating into Gross Universe.I do not think animals are evolving into humans and humans devolving into animals. Prakriti makes forms

of the objects and since the Self is interpenetrating all objects he simply SEE and comprehends through those objects - animals, humans, insects etc. according to developments of their minds. Self cannot be bound by any Karma and is not affected by any Karma. Even if the person kills another being the Self cannot be affected because it is not the Self that kills and the Self of the person killed is also not affected because Self cannot be killed. Prana existed before Individualized Universe came to being therefore it cannot be emanating from the sun. According to Shree Yogeshwaranand Parmahans, subtle prana comes to being from close association of Braman and Prakriti since the Self interpenetrates the Prakriti. So this is that vital energy or Prana which enters every object in the universe and it is eternal because interpenetration of Braman and Prakriti is also eternal. But Prana being of material origin undergoes mutation and

becomes the sattvik part of gross Air Element in Idividualized Universe.Best wishes,Milos>> > > > > > Photos> Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.>"Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga" -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri

Namastey all,

Have been having problems with our (now classed as aged) computer..so am way behind with correspondence.

Just "sat" on first one of Kalavathis questions re existentialist nothingness , and the Hindu concept of Moksha..and feel that Moksha is not everlasting nothingness but everlasting Somethingness or even Allness if their be such a world!Our mind uses brain as a tool and this tool only operates on about 5% max!!! Our consciousness uses Mind to help work things out ..yet we are hardly in touch with this consciousnes due to Maya...so it is so difficult to conscieve of existence beyond that of the pairs of opposites (which i feel their are many!) and are therefore left with "nothingness" as our "equipment has not yet developed enough to comprahend or experience more than 5 dimensions!

A poor analagy would be that other colours exist that we cant see , sounds that we cant hear, tastes that we cant taste etc. so we may think they do not exist as they are beyond our range of experience. " LIFE" also extends beyond range as itsnot just our current idea!

Hee i am sure i have not expressed myself as i would have liked (was rubbish at English) but ay have created more questions than answers..not a bad thing!!

love in confusion sonia

-

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani

; kalavathi.devi

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:28 AM

A post for Kalavathi

Happy New Year everyone!

I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments....

1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of oneness with the Supreme?2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand. Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of space. W ithout this energy life on earth would wither. Does this mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed, or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly developing conditioned responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms of lack of evolution by reincarnation?

Enjoy!

Kalavathi

kalavathi.devi

PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Namastey ..and thank you Sangeet Bird, half an hour prior to reading my e mails i asked my daughter and her pal who said " I think therefore i am" Thinking of Satre but was told Plato.. and then found your goodself saying the same thing!!! Co incidence or what? love in yoga sonia

-

Sunday, January 15, 2006 3:31 AM

Fwd: Re: A post for Kalavathi

Sangeet Bird <sbird39 wrote:

Namas te Ananda,

These thoughts have at different times been in my mind too, and here are some of the self made answers I have given myself.

1. Existentialism, if I am right, speaks of being thrown into the world randomly and at least two of its exponents Sartre (I am therefore I think) and Heidegger did not believe in the existence of God or a divine being. I think the latter said he may or may not exist. There was a third guy Kierkegard or something who was a Christian Existentialist and I cant say much about him. Anyway from what i have read and studied and know from my Indian culture we say that we choose our birth path and the family we are born into - nothing random here then. As for the afterlife - here again existentialism believes in a nothingness after death whereas we I think believe in a reuniting with the universal intelligence.

2. which leads me on to the prana question. i am not a scientist so I cannot speak in scientific terms. In easy terms the difference between a dead cell and a live cell is that the live cell pulsates and the dead one doesn't. This excitation or movement is vibratory in nature and vibration emits sound at some level. In the inception of this vibration an intelligence is involved. the intelligence I have equated in my mind as Purusha and the movement is Shakti or energy. so when Shakti dwells in Intellignece then we have life or prana. Over to the scientists here.

3. the animal thing may have to do with Dharma and Karma - ie if they live their lives out according to their nature and time of birth. But my thoughts on this are really fuzzy.

4. I can only speak from experienc e and I think certain people are not ready for yoga on a mental plane that is to say personal development in this lifetime because they think it has nothing to offer them. Apparently in the Kaliyuga ignorance is rife at 75% as opposed to Buddhi at 25% - maybe this applies to every situation across the board.

Best Wishes

Sangeet

"Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani" <yognat2001 wrote:

Happy New Year everyone!

I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments....

1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of oneness with the Supreme?2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand. Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of space. Without this energy life on earth would wither. Does this mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed, or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly develop ing conditioned responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms of lack of evolution by reincarnation?

Enjoy!

Kalavathi

kalavathi.devi

PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Namastey All,

thoughts on Prana...

"Big Prana" is Life's Breath...It is the Essence behind all forms of energy..It is the Gunas..the Creative principle, the energetic of Prakriti. "Little prana is our individual aspect of this force. There are different forms of this prana , all eminating from the Original Prana.

Om is Prana!..so i understand.

Swamiji said that Prana was the Divine Energy underlying all manifest creation.

Hope this helps Kalavathi, love in yoga sonia

-

; kalavathi.devi

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:28 AM

A post for Kalavathi

Happy New Year everyone!

1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of oneness with the Supreme?2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand. Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of space. W ithout this energy life on earth would wither. Does this mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed, or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly developing conditioned responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms of lack of evolution by reincarnation?

Enjoy!

Kalavathi

kalavathi.devi

Dear Kalavathi,

The answers for all his questions are to be found in the commentary of Bhagavad Gita by that realized soul and spiritual giant Yogananda Paramahansa

Please do not make the mistake of getting any other commentary on the Bhagavad Gita. There are several of them, but none explain the mysteries of life, creation, purpose and its final goal so clearly as this master. Even to comprehend wholly Swamiji’s teachings and his underlying concepts of prana etc better, a study of that great book is indispensable.

It is in two volumes. I normally recommend to my students to study the Bhagavad Gita on their own, but study with them Chapter XIII under the caption “The Field and the Knower of the Field’. It is most fascinating and reassuring.

Your student appears ready for the knowledge of the Self. You’re lucky to have such an inquiring soul as your student.

If I may add two quotations, one from Paramahansa Yogananda himself and another from His Holiness Shankaracharya of Kanchipuram in support of my suggestion:

1. “Where ever one is on the way back to God, the Gita will shed its light on that segment of the journey…[it is] at once a profound scripture on the science of yoga, union with God, and a textbook for every day living”.

2. “As a bright light shining in the midst of darkness, so was Yogananda’s presence in this world. Such a great soul comes on earth only rarely, when there is a real need among men”.

You are doing a great job of propagating Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga in UK.

Greater strength to your elbow!

love

Sri Bala

Founder, Vibrational Breath Therapy

based on Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga

website; www.vbt.com.au

Please note change in Email address: sribala

- vijay tiwari

Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:41 PM

Re: Re: A post for Kalavathi

dear friend

kindly ask the student to think about food & health for people and peace for mankind, let him think about visible things first.

vijay tiwari

Milos Buchacek <yogaveda_mb wrote:

, "Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani" wrote:>> Happy New Year everyone!> > I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments....> > 1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of oneness with the Supreme?> > 2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand. Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of space. Without this energy life on earth would wither. Does this mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed, or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?> > 3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly developing conditioned responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)> > 4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms of lack of evolution by reincarnation?> > Enjoy! > > Kalavathi> kalavathi.devi@n...> > Dear Kalavathi,I would like to offer also some thoughts or comments on this topic or on some of that matter. I think the most important question we have to ask is who or what is evolving or developing. From that we can get insides about other things mentioned in your questions also. If we take the scriptures as the authority we know that the Self is only ONE, it is all knowing and omnipresent. Since it is omnipresent it cannot move, it is still and more important it cannot be broken to any particles - it has no parts. The Self is the Seer and also is That Entity which is associated with the life and since we know, we as well as the animals can see or observe and are living beings there must be Self involved within our bodies as well as within bodies of the animals. Since we know that the Self is all knowing, from that follows that the Self is not the one who is evolving or developing in humans as well as in animals. Also one important thing must be understood and that is the Self cannot be broken to any pieces since it is omnipresent and it is not of matter origin. From this follows, there cannot be any individualization of the Self. Individual Self cannot therefore be in existence and it is mere illusion. From this illusion comes a great confusion since there is some believe people are Individualized Selves that are developing themselves until they merge into Universal Self or Supreme Self. In fact the Self cannot jump from body to body neither can he leave or enter any bodies. He simply interpenetrates all substances in universe and therefore he is present in all objects that have been created by Prakriti. Since the Self is independent from Prakriti or Matter there is no release or Moksha for the Self. The question is if the Self is not the one who is evolving or developing what is it that evolves or develop? It is the Mind that evolves and develop, not the Self. Mind, unlike the Self in Individual Universe is individualized and what actually makes us different is the mixture of gunas that compose our minds as well as the minds of the animals. For this reason sages and the scriptures always point out to cultivate the Sattva Guna since it is through the Sattvik Chitta the Self can see the things. More Sattva we cultivate, more we can understand the things of this matter until we reach Selfrealization. We have to actually disintegrate our bodies to be the Self in its own nature and the first step is stop reincarnating into Gross Universe.I do not think animals are evolving into humans and humans devolving into animals. Prakriti makes forms of the objects and since the Self is interpenetrating all objects he simply SEE and comprehends through those objects - animals, humans, insects etc. according to developments of their minds. Self cannot be bound by any Karma and is not affected by any Karma. Even if the person kills another being the Self cannot be affected because it is not the Self that kills and the Self of the person killed is also not affected because Self cannot be killed. Prana existed before Individualized Universe came to being therefore it cannot be emanating from the sun. According to Shree Yogeshwaranand Parmahans, subtle prana comes to being from close association of Braman and Prakriti since the Self interpenetrates the Prakriti. So this is that vital energy or Prana which enters every object in the universe and it is eternal because interpenetration of Braman and Prakriti is also eternal. But Prana being of material origin undergoes mutation and becomes the sattvik part of gross Air Element in Idividualized Universe.Best wishes,Milos>> > > > > > Photos> Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.>"Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga" -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri

Namaste Sonia gary wall. Descarte based his philosophy on "I think therefore I am" and Jean Paul Sartre turned it on its head and said, 'I am therefore I think' so propounding Existentialism in his work Nausea. The Frernch School of philosophy .....Best wishes, Sangeetgary wall <ether wrote: Namastey ..and thank you Sangeet Bird, half an hour prior to reading my e mails i asked my daughter and her pal who said " I think therefore i am" Thinking of Satre but was told Plato.. and then found your goodself saying the same thing!!! Co incidence or what? love in yoga sonia - Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani Sunday, January 15, 2006 3:31 AM Fwd: Re: A post for Kalavathi Sangeet Bird <sbird39 wrote: Namas te Ananda, These thoughts have at different times been in my mind too, and here are some of the self made answers I have given myself. 1. Existentialism, if

I am right, speaks of being thrown into the world randomly and at least two of its exponents Sartre (I am therefore I think) and Heidegger did not believe in the existence of God or a divine being. I think the latter said he may or may not exist. There was a third guy Kierkegard or something who was a Christian Existentialist and I cant say much about him. Anyway from what i have read and studied and know from my Indian culture we say that we choose our birth path and the family we are born into - nothing random here then. As for the afterlife - here again existentialism believes in a nothingness after death whereas we I think believe in a reuniting with the universal intelligence. 2. which leads me on to the prana question. i am not a scientist so I cannot speak in scientific terms. In easy terms the difference between a dead cell and a live cell is that the live cell pulsates and the dead one

doesn't. This excitation or movement is vibratory in nature and vibration emits sound at some level. In the inception of this vibration an intelligence is involved. the intelligence I have equated in my mind as Purusha and the movement is Shakti or energy. so when Shakti dwells in Intellignece then we have life or prana. Over to the scientists here. 3. the animal thing may have to do with Dharma and Karma - ie if they live their lives out according to their nature and time of birth. But my thoughts on this are really fuzzy. 4. I can only speak from experienc e and I think certain people are not ready for yoga on a mental plane that is to say personal development in this lifetime because they think it has nothing to offer them. Apparently in the Kaliyuga ignorance is rife at 75% as opposed to Buddhi at 25% - maybe this applies to every situation across the board. Best Wishes Sangeet "Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani" <yognat2001 wrote: Happy New Year everyone! I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments.... 1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of oneness with the Supreme?2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your best

attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand. Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of space. Without this energy life on earth would wither. Does this mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed, or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly develop ing conditioned responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms of lack of evolution by

reincarnation? Enjoy! Kalavathi kalavathi.devi PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever. "Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga" -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri

Win a BlackBerry device from O2 with . Enter now.

Namaste :-) Karlavartee is currently taking a month off from teaching yoga to the elderly in the local community education centre. Before she left, her students asked what they should study and practice so as not to slow their journey towards yoga in her absence. Rather than listing chapters from books, or advising marathon asana sessions, she simple advised them to live good and honest lives. I think this fits in with Mr Tiwari's advice. Dai.vijay tiwari <vijaytiwariji wrote: dear friend kindly ask the student to think about food & health for people and peace for mankind, let him think about visible things first. vijay

tiwari Milos Buchacek <yogaveda_mb wrote: , "Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani" wrote:>> Happy New Year everyone!> > I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments....> > 1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of oneness with the Supreme?> > 2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand. Light and heat from the sun

travel to the earth through the vacum of space. Without this energy life on earth would wither. Does this mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed, or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?> > 3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly developing conditioned responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)> > 4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms of lack of evolution by reincarnation?> > Enjoy! > > Kalavathi>

kalavathi.devi@n...> > Dear Kalavathi,I would like to offer also some thoughts or comments on this topic or on some of that matter. I think the most important question we have to ask is who or what is evolving or developing. From that we can get insides about other things mentioned in your questions also. If we take the scriptures as the authority we know that the Self is only ONE, it is all knowing and omnipresent. Since it is omnipresent it cannot move, it is still and more important it cannot be broken to any particles - it has no parts. The Self is the Seer and also is That Entity which is associated with the life and since we know, we as well as the animals can see or observe and are living beings there must be Self involved within our bodies as well as within bodies of the animals. Since we know that the Self is all knowing, from that follows that the Self is not the one who is evolving or developing in

humans as well as in animals. Also one important thing must be understood and that is the Self cannot be broken to any pieces since it is omnipresent and it is not of matter origin. From this follows, there cannot be any individualization of the Self. Individual Self cannot therefore be in existence and it is mere illusion. From this illusion comes a great confusion since there is some believe people are Individualized Selves that are developing themselves until they merge into Universal Self or Supreme Self. In fact the Self cannot jump from body to body neither can he leave or enter any bodies. He simply interpenetrates all substances in universe and therefore he is present in all objects that have been created by Prakriti. Since the Self is independent from Prakriti or Matter there is no release or Moksha for the Self. The question is if the Self is not the one who is evolving or developing what is it that evolves or

develop? It is the Mind that evolves and develop, not the Self. Mind, unlike the Self in Individual Universe is individualized and what actually makes us different is the mixture of gunas that compose our minds as well as the minds of the animals. For this reason sages and the scriptures always point out to cultivate the Sattva Guna since it is through the Sattvik Chitta the Self can see the things. More Sattva we cultivate, more we can understand the things of this matter until we reach Selfrealization. We have to actually disintegrate our bodies to be the Self in its own nature and the first step is stop reincarnating into Gross Universe.I do not think animals are evolving into humans and humans devolving into animals. Prakriti makes forms of the objects and since the Self is interpenetrating all objects he simply SEE and comprehends through those objects - animals, humans, insects etc. according to developments of their

minds. Self cannot be bound by any Karma and is not affected by any Karma. Even if the person kills another being the Self cannot be affected because it is not the Self that kills and the Self of the person killed is also not affected because Self cannot be killed. Prana existed before Individualized Universe came to being therefore it cannot be emanating from the sun. According to Shree Yogeshwaranand Parmahans, subtle prana comes to being from close association of Braman and Prakriti since the Self interpenetrates the Prakriti. So this is that vital energy or Prana which enters every object in the universe and it is eternal because interpenetration of Braman and Prakriti is also eternal. But Prana being of material origin undergoes mutation and becomes the sattvik part of gross Air Element in Idividualized Universe.Best wishes,Milos>> > > > >

> Photos> Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.>"Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga" -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri

Namaste

Being a psychotherapist who has been integrating Yoga and western body

oriented psychotherapeutic techniques for almost 20 years now, I would

feel inclined to inquire about the nature of the 'need' of this student

for such highly intellectually elaborated understanding of enlightenment

when, indeed, enlightenment is an experience that the mind can only grasp

to understand. It's been my experience that these kind of questions can

sometimes be in the core of some difficulties in 'experiencing'

enlightenment and therefore practice is the prescription and not answers.

Respectfully.

Antonio.

> Namaste :-)

>

> Karlavartee is currently taking a month off from teaching yoga to the

> elderly in the local community education centre. Before she left, her

> students asked what they should study and practice so as not to slow

> their journey towards yoga in her absence. Rather than listing chapters

> from books, or advising marathon asana sessions, she simple advised them

> to live good and honest lives.

>

> I think this fits in with Mr Tiwari's advice.

>

> Dai.

>

> vijay tiwari <vijaytiwariji wrote:

> dear friend

>

> kindly ask the student to think about food & health for people and

> peace for mankind, let him think about visible things first.

>

> vijay tiwari

>

>

> Milos Buchacek <yogaveda_mb wrote:

> , " Yogacharya Dr.Ananda

> Bhavanani " wrote:

>>

>> Happy New Year everyone!

>>

>> I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly

> is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here

> for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments....

>>

>> 1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of

> death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and

> the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of

> oneness with the Supreme?

>>

>> 2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your

> best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand.

> Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of

> space. Without this energy life on earth would wither. Does this

> mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed,

> or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be

> transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at

> the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?

>>

>> 3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by

> means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals

> acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly developing conditioned

> responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic

> promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)

>>

>> 4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you

> mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms

> of lack of evolution by reincarnation?

>>

>> Enjoy!

>>

>> Kalavathi

>> kalavathi.devi@n...

>>

>> Dear Kalavathi,

>

> I would like to offer also some thoughts or comments on this topic

> or on some of that matter. I think the most important question we

> have to ask is who or what is evolving or developing. From that we

> can get insides about other things mentioned in your questions also.

> If we take the scriptures as the authority we know that the Self is

> only ONE, it is all knowing and omnipresent. Since it is omnipresent

> it cannot move, it is still and more important it cannot be broken

> to any particles - it has no parts. The Self is the Seer and also is

> That Entity which is associated with the life and since we know, we

> as well as the animals can see or observe and are living beings

> there must be Self involved within our bodies as well as within

> bodies of the animals. Since we know that the Self is all knowing,

> from that follows that the Self is not the one who is evolving or

> developing in humans as well as in animals. Also one important thing

> must be understood and that is the Self cannot be broken to any

> pieces since it is omnipresent and it is not of matter origin. From

> this follows, there cannot be any individualization of the Self.

> Individual Self cannot therefore be in existence and it is mere

> illusion. From this illusion comes a great confusion since there is

> some believe people are Individualized Selves that are developing

> themselves until they merge into Universal Self or Supreme Self. In

> fact the Self cannot jump from body to body neither can he leave or

> enter any bodies. He simply interpenetrates all substances in

> universe and therefore he is present in all objects that have been

> created by Prakriti. Since the Self is independent from Prakriti or

> Matter there is no release or Moksha for the Self. The question is

> if the Self is not the one who is evolving or developing what is it

> that evolves or develop? It is the Mind that evolves and develop,

> not the Self. Mind, unlike the Self in Individual Universe is

> individualized and what actually makes us different is the mixture

> of gunas that compose our minds as well as the minds of the animals.

> For this reason sages and the scriptures always point out to

> cultivate the Sattva Guna since it is through the Sattvik Chitta the

> Self can see the things. More Sattva we cultivate, more we can

> understand the things of this matter until we reach Selfrealization.

> We have to actually disintegrate our bodies to be the Self in its

> own nature and the first step is stop reincarnating into Gross

> Universe.I do not think animals are evolving into humans and humans

> devolving into animals. Prakriti makes forms of the objects and

> since the Self is interpenetrating all objects he simply SEE and

> comprehends through those objects - animals, humans, insects etc.

> according to developments of their minds. Self cannot be bound by

> any Karma and is not affected by any Karma. Even if the person kills

> another being the Self cannot be affected because it is not the Self

> that kills and the Self of the person killed is also not affected

> because Self cannot be killed. Prana existed before Individualized

> Universe came to being therefore it cannot be emanating from the

> sun. According to Shree Yogeshwaranand Parmahans, subtle prana

> comes to being from close association of Braman and Prakriti since

> the Self interpenetrates the Prakriti. So this is that vital energy

> or Prana which enters every object in the universe and it is eternal

> because interpenetration of Braman and Prakriti is also eternal. But

> Prana being of material origin undergoes mutation and becomes the

> sattvik part of gross Air Element in Idividualized Universe.

>

> Best wishes,

> Milos

>

>

>

>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> Photos

>> Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,

> holidays, whatever.

>>

>

" Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture

> Ashtanga Yoga " -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri

>

Never was a statement made with greater profundity. As colleague Antonio

says " Yoga is an experiential science " and only serious, dedicated, and

disciplined practice of it will pay dividends. It is not an intellectual

exercise/discipline

Those of you who are rs to the Yoga Life may have read my life

story under the caption " Getting Ready for the Guru " in the December 2005

issue. It states how my deceased grandmother instructed me through a

spiritual medium to make a trident and pray morning and evening in order to

combat my troubles, which were then overwhelming me. That was in 1965 and it

initiated my career in Yoga and I have continued it to date. What did she

do? She introduced me to Mantra Yoga, in a simple and straightforward

manner, which helped me to rise above my problems, achieve some peace of

mind, and get on with my life. She did not try to explain intellectually

what it was all about. I had faith in doing what she told me, and had the

desired result.

The hand of God confirmed the power of mantra in 1969 when I attended my

fist Yoga Retreat in Sri Lanka. Yogi Ramiah who conducted it, in order to

show us the power of mantra, got us to chant their Kriya Babaji Sangham's

mantra for 24 hours over an auspicious fire and brought down rain to parched

Colombo. It was a mind boggling event. I could not have hoped for a more

dramatic confirmation of the power of mantra.

I became so inspired that for about ten years thereafter (1970-80) I chanted

the Shiva mantra108 x 108 times = 11,664 times daily. During this period I

was able to save my infant grandson from the jaws of death by the sheer

power of my chanting the mantra.

So my dear colleagues, do any one practice sincerely and seriously for years

on end, and the truth of that practice will be truly revealed to you. This

was our revered Swamiji's exhortation to us all.

Also for the last sixteen years I have been practising Pranava AUM Pranayama

daily, incorporating the multifaceted features of Hathenas, Mahat Yoga

Pranayama, Mudras, ratios, rhythms and ending the session with meditation at

the Heart Centre, all developed into powerful three month programs. The

programs are conducted under the captions " Chakra Meditation for Good Health

& Longevity " (Basic) & " Chakra Meditation for Self Healing " (Advanced),

By sheer knowledge, arising from the vast experience I .have gathered,

supported by that of my students/patients, I can boldly declare that there

is no condition which cannot be rehabilitated wholly or improved

substantially (within the constraints of one's karma) with daily dedicated

and sustained practice. Today I have perfected the practice into an art.

Please read the article to understand how I came to develop the practice

into unique 3 month programs, which develop one physically, emotionally,

mentally and spiritually, with resultant good health.

Yoga is an experiential science. Its truth can be experienced only through

diligent, disciplined and dedicated practice. I now do six hours of sadhana

daily. Hence I can afford to speak with conviction, based on my personal

experience, and confirm what my esteemed colleague Antonio has stated.

Sri Bala

Founder, Vibrational Breath Therapy (based on Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga)

Email: sribala Website: www.vbt.com.au

-

<antonio

Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:32 AM

Re: Re: A post for Kalavathi

> Namaste

>

> Being a psychotherapist who has been integrating Yoga and western body

> oriented psychotherapeutic techniques for almost 20 years now, I would

> feel inclined to inquire about the nature of the 'need' of this student

> for such highly intellectually elaborated understanding of enlightenment

> when, indeed, enlightenment is an experience that the mind can only grasp

> to understand. It's been my experience that these kind of questions can

> sometimes be in the core of some difficulties in 'experiencing'

> enlightenment and therefore practice is the prescription and not answers.

>

> Respectfully.

>

>

> Antonio.

>

>

>> Namaste :-)

>>

>> Karlavartee is currently taking a month off from teaching yoga to the

>> elderly in the local community education centre. Before she left, her

>> students asked what they should study and practice so as not to slow

>> their journey towards yoga in her absence. Rather than listing chapters

>> from books, or advising marathon asana sessions, she simple advised them

>> to live good and honest lives.

>>

>> I think this fits in with Mr Tiwari's advice.

>>

>> Dai.

>>

>> vijay tiwari <vijaytiwariji wrote:

>> dear friend

>>

>> kindly ask the student to think about food & health for people and

>> peace for mankind, let him think about visible things first.

>>

>> vijay tiwari

>>

>>

>> Milos Buchacek <yogaveda_mb wrote:

>> , " Yogacharya Dr.Ananda

>> Bhavanani " wrote:

>>>

>>> Happy New Year everyone!

>>>

>>> I have a student who has a great enquiring mind which certainly

>> is keeping me on my toes! I have copied his latest questions here

>> for you to mull over and to post up your views and comments....

>>>

>>> 1. What's the difference between the existentialist concept of

>> death as freedom from life in terms of everlasting nothingness, and

>> the Hindu concept of Moshka as escape from reincarnation in terms of

>> oneness with the Supreme?

>>>

>>> 2. I'm still really fuzzy on the concept of prana, despite your

>> best attempts to explain in terms that even I could understand.

>> Light and heat from the sun travel to the earth through the vacum of

>> space. Without this energy life on earth would wither. Does this

>> mean that the sun emmits prana? Can prana be created or destroyed,

>> or is it like physical energy in the sense that it can only be

>> transferred? I've heard prana be compared to the vibration found at

>> the atomic level. Is this a good analogy?

>>>

>>> 3. Do animals need free will if they are to evolve into humans by

>> means of reincarnation by accruing positive karma. Do animals

>> acquire good karma involuntarily by randomly developing conditioned

>> responses based on their environment. Or do they just get automatic

>> promotion like civil servants who've served their time? ;-)

>>>

>>> 4. When you say that some people aren't ready for yoga, do you

>> mean in terms of personal development in this lifetime, or in terms

>> of lack of evolution by reincarnation?

>>>

>>> Enjoy!

>>>

>>> Kalavathi

>>> kalavathi.devi@n...

>>>

>>> Dear Kalavathi,

>>

>> I would like to offer also some thoughts or comments on this topic

>> or on some of that matter. I think the most important question we

>> have to ask is who or what is evolving or developing. From that we

>> can get insides about other things mentioned in your questions also.

>> If we take the scriptures as the authority we know that the Self is

>> only ONE, it is all knowing and omnipresent. Since it is omnipresent

>> it cannot move, it is still and more important it cannot be broken

>> to any particles - it has no parts. The Self is the Seer and also is

>> That Entity which is associated with the life and since we know, we

>> as well as the animals can see or observe and are living beings

>> there must be Self involved within our bodies as well as within

>> bodies of the animals. Since we know that the Self is all knowing,

>> from that follows that the Self is not the one who is evolving or

>> developing in humans as well as in animals. Also one important thing

>> must be understood and that is the Self cannot be broken to any

>> pieces since it is omnipresent and it is not of matter origin. From

>> this follows, there cannot be any individualization of the Self.

>> Individual Self cannot therefore be in existence and it is mere

>> illusion. From this illusion comes a great confusion since there is

>> some believe people are Individualized Selves that are developing

>> themselves until they merge into Universal Self or Supreme Self. In

>> fact the Self cannot jump from body to body neither can he leave or

>> enter any bodies. He simply interpenetrates all substances in

>> universe and therefore he is present in all objects that have been

>> created by Prakriti. Since the Self is independent from Prakriti or

>> Matter there is no release or Moksha for the Self. The question is

>> if the Self is not the one who is evolving or developing what is it

>> that evolves or develop? It is the Mind that evolves and develop,

>> not the Self. Mind, unlike the Self in Individual Universe is

>> individualized and what actually makes us different is the mixture

>> of gunas that compose our minds as well as the minds of the animals.

>> For this reason sages and the scriptures always point out to

>> cultivate the Sattva Guna since it is through the Sattvik Chitta the

>> Self can see the things. More Sattva we cultivate, more we can

>> understand the things of this matter until we reach Selfrealization.

>> We have to actually disintegrate our bodies to be the Self in its

>> own nature and the first step is stop reincarnating into Gross

>> Universe.I do not think animals are evolving into humans and humans

>> devolving into animals. Prakriti makes forms of the objects and

>> since the Self is interpenetrating all objects he simply SEE and

>> comprehends through those objects - animals, humans, insects etc.

>> according to developments of their minds. Self cannot be bound by

>> any Karma and is not affected by any Karma. Even if the person kills

>> another being the Self cannot be affected because it is not the Self

>> that kills and the Self of the person killed is also not affected

>> because Self cannot be killed. Prana existed before Individualized

>> Universe came to being therefore it cannot be emanating from the

>> sun. According to Shree Yogeshwaranand Parmahans, subtle prana

>> comes to being from close association of Braman and Prakriti since

>> the Self interpenetrates the Prakriti. So this is that vital energy

>> or Prana which enters every object in the universe and it is eternal

>> because interpenetration of Braman and Prakriti is also eternal. But

>> Prana being of material origin undergoes mutation and becomes the

>> sattvik part of gross Air Element in Idividualized Universe.

>>

>> Best wishes,

>> Milos

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>