globe, that tapers and has the upper point. . . .does anyone know what

that architectural feature is called? . . . .I ask because i read that

architectural feature is symbolic of the pineal gland?. . . .Has anyone

else heard that?. . ..

Through the years have become interested in the representations and

the energetics of the Eastern symbolic icons and the impliments the

dieties hold. . . they have layers of teachings, both cognitive and

energetic significance in the kundalini process. . .If anyone has

information about this area would greatly appreciate any leads. . . .

time and time again. . .i have found the external icongraphic is apt

representation of the internal process. . . .would greatly appreciate

any links or insights. . . .

thanks and good thoughts to all

ordinary sparrow

, " chrism "

<> wrote:

>

> Third Eye - Pineal Gland

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

The pineal gland was the last endocrine gland to have its function

> discovered. Its location deep in the brain seemed to indicate its

> importance. This combination led to its being a " mystery " gland with

> myth, superstition and even metaphysical theories surrounding its

> perceived function.

Guest guest

hi Ordinary Sparrow

I have been enjoying your posts thanks'

I would go along with what you say with the symbolism on mosques and such.

I also Believe the Shiva Lignum Is also a representative as such, though that is only my interpretation of once watching a Hindu ritual.

The ritual include the pouring of milk to cool it.

I think the grail cup is also somehow symbolic of it as well though more so as the holder. and has something to do with approaching the sounds of the spheres,

in love

John .M

-

ordinarysparrow

Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:14 AM

Re: Pineal Gland

NamasteVery interesting information about the pineal gland. . . .An Indianmedical doctor once told me in India the pineal glad was known as "theseat of the soul". . . The woman i was presenting to him for supervisionhad undergone an operation to have her pineal gland removed because ofmalignancy within it. . . .soon after she killed her husband. . . Makesone stop and contemplate. . . .i would like to ask a question but i do not have the word for it, so iwill try to describe. . .In Eastern architect often on temples or mosques there is the roundglobe, that tapers and has the upper point. . . .does anyone know whatthat architectural feature is called? . . . .I ask because i read thatarchitectural feature is symbolic of the pineal gland?. . . .Has anyoneelse heard that?. . ..Through the years have become interested in the representations andthe energetics of the Eastern symbolic icons and the impliments thedieties hold. . . they have layers of teachings, both cognitive and energetic significance in the kundalini process. . .If anyone hasinformation about this area would greatly appreciate any leads. . . .time and time again. . .i have found the external icongraphic is aptrepresentation of the internal process. . . .would greatly appreciateany links or insights. . . .thanks and good thoughts to allordinary sparrow , "chrism"<> wrote:>> Third Eye - Pineal Gland>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The pineal gland was the last endocrine gland to have its function> discovered. Its location deep in the brain seemed to indicate its> importance. This combination led to its being a "mystery" gland with> myth, superstition and even metaphysical theories surrounding its> perceived function.

Guest guest

I think they are called a minaret.

Carolyn--- On Fri, 4/17/09, ordinarysparrow <ordinarysparrow wrote:

Guest guest

LOL. Teach me for going backward on posts. I just sent this off as a reply to another post. I do have more information on another hard drive on the pineal gland and 3rd eye. If you like I could send it to you when I get on that hard drive. I also have stuff that I could send you through the mail on it because it came from books.

<> Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 1:28:24 AM Pineal Gland

Third Eye - Pineal Gland

The pineal gland was the last endocrine gland to have its function discovered. Its location deep in the brain seemed to indicate its importance. This combination led to its being a "mystery" gland with myth, superstition and even metaphysical theories surrounding its perceived function.

The pineal gland is occasionally associated with the sixth chakra (also called Ajna or the third eye chakra in yoga). It is believed by some to be a dormant organ that can be awakened to enable "telepathic" communication.

In the physical body the eye views objects upside down. It sends the image of what it observes to the brain which interprets the image and makes it appear right side-up to us.

But the human body has another physical eye whose function has long been recognized by humanity. It is called the 'Third Eye' which in reality is the Pineal Gland. It is long thought to have mystical powers. Many consider it the Spiritual Third Eye, our Inner Vision.

It is located in the geometric center of the brain. This correlates to the location of the Great Pyramid in the center of the physical planet.

The Pineal Gland is about the size of a pea, and is in the center of the brain in a tiny cave behind and above the pituitary gland which lies a little behind the root of the nose. It is located directly behind the eyes, attached to the third ventricle.

The true function of this mysterious gland has long been contemplated by philosophers and Spiritual Adepts. Ancient Greeks believed the pineal gland to be our connection to the Realms of Thought.

Rene Descartes called it the Seat of the Soul, believing it is unique in the anatomy of the human brain in being a structure not duplicated on the right and left sides. This observation is not true, however; under a microscope one finds the pineal gland is divided into two fine hemispheres.

This gland is activated by Light, and it controls the various biorhythms of the body. It works in harmony with the hypothalamus gland which directs the body's thirst, hunger, sexual desire and the biological clock that determines our aging process.

When the pineal gland awakens one feels a pressure at the base of the brain. This pressure will often be experienced when connecting to higher frequency. A head injury can also activate the Third Eye - Pineal Gland.

While the physiological function of the pineal gland has been unknown until recent times, mystical traditions and esoteric schools have long known this area in the middle of the brain to be the connecting link between the physical and spiritual worlds. Considered the most powerful and highest source of ethereal energy available to humans, the pineal gland has always been important in initiating supernatural powers. Development of psychic talents has been closely associated with this organ of higher vision.

The third eye can see beyond the physical

as is looks out through the chakrasystemwhen we meditate or look for answers from higher frequencies.

The pineal gland contains a complete map of the visual field of the eyes

and it plays several significant roles in human functioning.

There is a pathway from the retinas to the hypothalamus called the retinohypothalamic tract. It brings information about light and dark cycles to a region of the hypothalamus called the suprachiasmatic nucleus(SCN) . From the SCN, nerve impulses travel via the pineal nerve (sympathetic nervous system) to the pineal gland. These impulses inhibit the production of melatonin. When these impulses stop (at night, when light no longer stimulates the hypothalamus) , pineal inhibition ceases and melatonin is released. The pineal gland is therefore a photosensitive organ and an important timekeeper for the human body.

Retinal research done with hamsters demonstrates another center for melatonin production. Located in the retina, this center implies that the eyes have their own built in circadian timepiece. This retinal system is distinct from the brains body clock in the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN). Biologists found that they could throw the retinal rhythms out of sync with other circadian cycles. They also found that they could set and reset the retinal clock even when the SCN was destroyed.

The retinal clock produces (stimulates the production of?) melatonin. Researchers are now looking for the exact location (s) of this clock in the human eye (and expect to find it). No one yet knows what the separate clock is for or how it relates to the SCN.

In some lower vertebrates the Epiphysis Cerebri - Pineal Gland - has a well-developed eye-like structure; in others though not organized as an eye, if functions as a light receptor. In lower vertebrates, the pineal gland has an eye like structure and it functions as a light receptor and is considered by some to be the evolutionary forerunner of the modern eye.

The gland weighs little more than 0.1 gram. The gland is large in children and begins to shrink with the onset of puberty. It appears to play a major role in sexual development, hibernation in animals, metabolism, and seasonal breeding. In humans it affects circadian rhythms, sleep patterns (melatonin levels increase at night), and is implicated in seasonal affective disorder. The abundant melatonin levels in children is believed to inhibit sexual development. When puberty arrives, melatonin production is reduced.

The pineal gland secretes melanin during times of relaxation and visualization. As we are created by electromagnetic energy - and react to EM energy stimuli around us - so does the pineal gland.

When activated, the pineal gland becomes the line of communication with the higher planes. The crown chakra reaches down until its vortex touches the pineal gland. Prana, or pure energy, is received through this energy center in the head. With Practice the vibration level of the astral body is raised, allowing it to separate from the physical.

To activate the 'third eye' and perceive higher dimensions, the pineal gland and the pituitary body must vibrate in unison, which is achieved through meditation and/or relaxation. When a correct relationship is established between personality, operating through the pituitary body, and the soul, operating through the pineal gland, a magnetic field is created. The negative and positive forces interact and become strong enough to create the 'light in the head.' With this 'light in the head' activated, astral projectors can withdraw themselves from the body, carrying the light with them.

Astral travel, and other occult abilities, are closely associated with the development of the 'light in the head'. After physical relaxation, concentration upon the pineal gland is achieved by staring at a point in the middle of the forehead. Without straining the muscles of the eye, this will activate the pineal gland and the 'third eye'. Beginning with the withdrawal of the senses and the physical consciousness, the consciousness is centered in the region of the pineal gland. The perceptive faculty and the point of realization are centralized in the area between the middle of the forehead and the pineal gland. The trick is to visualize, very intently, the subtle body escaping through the trap door of the brain. A popping sound may occur at the time separation of the astral body in the area of the pineal gland.

Visualization exercises are the first step in directing the energies in our inner systems to activate the 'third eye'. The magnetic field is created around the pineal gland, by focusing the mind on the midway point between the pineal gland and the pituitary body. The creative imagination visualizes something, and the thought energy of the mind gives life and direction to this form.

'Third eye' development, imagination, and visualization are important ingredients in many methods to separate from the physical form. Intuition is also achieved through 'third eye' development. Knowledge and memory of the astral plane are not registered in full waking consciousness until the intuition becomes strong enough. Flashes of intuition come with increasing consistency as the 'third eye' as activated to a greater degree, through practice.

The pineal gland corresponds with divine thought after being touched by the vibrating light of Kundalini. Kundalini starts its ascent towards the head center after responding to the vibrations from the 'light in the head.' The light is located at the top of the sutratma, or 'soul thread', which passes down from the highest plane of our being into the physical vehicle.

The 'third eye,' or 'eye of Siva,' the organ of spiritual vision, is intimately related to karma, as we become more spiritual in the natural course of evolution.

As human beings continue to evolve further out of matter, on the journey from spirit to matter back to spirit, the pineal gland will continue to rise from its state of age-long dormancy, bringing back to humanity astral capacities and spiritual abilities.

At certain brainwave frequencies, a sense of ego boundary vanishes. In the theta state, we are resting deeply and still conscious, at the threshold of drifting away from or back into conscious awareness. As the brain enters deeper states, our consciousness is less concerned with the physical state, our 'third eye' is active, and separation becomes natural. Many native traditions and mystical practices refer to the ability of 'seeing,' or being aware of energy fields at higher levels. This abstract awareness is much more subjective and does not involve the normal level of mundane consciousness, which is mostly concerned with self-identity. This 'seeing' refers to the sight of the 'third eye'.

Consciousness is raised from an emotional nature into an illumined awareness when the pineal gland is lifted from dormancy. If the pineal gland is not yet fully developed, it will be in the course of evolution. When our sense of ego and personality are set aside and we keep our mental energy intact, we can become conscious of the non-physical, our inner self, the subconscious, through different practices to activate the 'light in the head.'

http://www.crystali nks.com/thirdeye pineal.html

Guest guest

Great info, Chris. Personally I have a feeling I have overworked my pineal

gland. Each time I get into a meditative state, it generates tons of

light--which is good. Problem is, I can't sleep at night any more. Sleeping

pills are completely useless.

I wonder if I have thrown my melatonin/serotonin balance out of whack.

Sel

Guest guest

Hi Sel,

>Great info, Chris. Personally I have a feeling I have overworked my pineal

When you are in a passive day dreaming state, do you see the

white light as well? ~ Angelina

, " selena255 " <selena

wrote:

>

> Great info, Chris. Personally I have a feeling I have overworked my pineal

>

> I wonder if I have thrown my melatonin/serotonin balance out of whack.

>

> Sel

>

Guest guest

Namaste

thank you Carolyn. . .just did a web search with your word, and yes that

is what i was looking for. . .thank you. . .

ordinary sparrow

, ReikiHands2004

<reikihands2004 wrote:

>

> I think they are called a minaret.

>

> Carolyn

>

> Connect with others.

> ..

>

Guest guest

Good question--I don't know. I don't really pay much attention to dreams. Do you

see the light in your dreams?

Now that I think of it: After reading a book by a Tibetan monk (can't remember

the name), I once tried to have the light shine through my sleep and dream

states. Unfortunately, the effort to stay focused ended up keeping me awake all

night, too.

Sel

Guest guest

Hi Sel,

Do you see the light when you are awake and not sleeping? Does

the light wake you up at night? You know when you are sitting

by the beach and still awake and day dreaming ~ that is what

I meant ~ seeing the light while you are awake. ~ Angelina

, " selena255 " <selena

wrote:

>

> Good question--I don't know. I don't really pay much attention to dreams. Do

you see the light in your dreams?

>

> Now that I think of it: After reading a book by a Tibetan monk (can't remember

night, too.

>

> Sel

>

Guest guest

> Now that I think of it: After reading a book by a Tibetan monk (can't remember

night, too.

That happens to me too! ~ Angelina

-- In , " selena255 " <selena

wrote:

>

> Good question--I don't know. I don't really pay much attention to dreams. Do

you see the light in your dreams?

>

night, too.

>

> Sel

>

Guest guest

No, when I am awake I am constantly running around like a chicken without a

head. There is no light there--at least not until I pause and start meditating.

The light does not wake me up at night, but it can keep me awake when I am

trying to sleep. Perhaps I should stop meditating in the night.

It would be great to have the light shine through 24/7. I am not that

enlightened, I am afraid. I also wonder if that state wouldn't make the physical

body redundant.

Sel

, " gypsyeyes_101 "

<gypsyeyes_101 wrote:

>

> Hi Sel,

>

> Do you see the light when you are awake and not sleeping? Does

> the light wake you up at night?

Guest guest

Sel,

You hit a cord with me on this one. I find that when I meditate, my third eye, and adversary my pineal gland, throb and 'lights' up. I have reached a point in meditation that if I think about my pineal gland, I feel it- similarly to the eye lock.

I too find it difficult to sleep, especially when I had a great meditation session. I heard that meditation time is 6:1 of sleep time; so if I meditate for 1 hour, is like 6 hours of sleep. Anybody hear of this?

Be Well,

Ernie

aka Boltonben111

-

selena255

Friday, April 17, 2009 3:36 PM

Great info, Chris. Personally I have a feeling I have overworked my pineal gland. Each time I get into a meditative state, it generates tons of light--which is good. Problem is, I can't sleep at night any more. Sleeping pills are completely useless. I wonder if I have thrown my melatonin/serotonin balance out of whack.Sel

Guest guest

yes, I agree that a great meditation session may make sleep very difficult.I

wonder if the light has anything to do with serotonin...

Sel

, " ERNIE BENEVENTI "

<erniebeneventi wrote:

>

> Sel,

>

> You hit a cord with me on this one. I find that when I meditate, my third

eye, and adversary my pineal gland, throb and 'lights' up.

Guest guest

Serotonin is generally considered to be created by the piturity gland.

i have read serotonin is needed for the pineal gland in to the making of melatonin.

melatonin is also found in some foods and is able to be digested though the stomach not so much with serotonin apparently as it is said to be Brocken down by the digestive system.

I believe these glandular manufactings are also created by the sun serotonin and by darkness melatonin.

I also believe that the active brain hemisphere may have reason to create one over the other.

however there could be some conflict in what is being manufactured during meditation or practice that is about awakening both hemispheres at once.

The following is some thing I have learnt from the practice of swara yoga and the study of the Siva Swarodaya concerning sleep.

The left nadi (ida) is shown to be flowing when the left nostril is flowing greater then the right, the opposite when the right nostril is flowing, When both are flowing equally the shushumna nadi is said to be flowing.

when the left is flowing it effects the right side hemisphere of the brain and the brain is more active on thoughts

when the right is flowing it effects the left side hemisphere. and the brain is more active to wards physical activities.

When both nadis are flowing equally, it is said nothing is auspicious other than doing something like cruel nasty things or spiritual activities.

If the left nostril flows the brains activity will not allow you to sleep.

if the right nostril flows then the thinking process rests allowing you to sleep.

It goes on further that a yogi know when everything is coming to an awakening once the nadis are balanced

in most people the nadi in activity alters every hour and a half, 90 grunthis or something like that.

though in the case of the swear yogi and may be in fact any yogi about to transcend the right flows during the night and the left flows

during the day.

so try to attempt the begining of your sleeping process with the right nostril flowing greater than your left.

I have had success in manipulating the nostrils by either hot or cold showers holding one nostril and allowing the other one to flow,

the opposite hand under the armpit ( the right palm under the left armpit will have effect causing the right nostril to flow), you can use any thing under the armpit that causes slight pressure there to do this. laying on the left side or stomach also has an effect to stimulate the the right nadi. So if you are attempting to sleep on your back or right hand side you right hemisphere of the brain will more than likely to be more dominant than left brain hemisphere and will be in thinking mode which will detour you from sleep.

Om tat sat om

-

selena255

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:27 AM

yes, I agree that a great meditation session may make sleep very difficult.I wonder if the light has anything to do with serotonin...Sel , "ERNIE BENEVENTI" <erniebeneventi wrote:>> Sel,> > You hit a cord with me on this one. I find that when I meditate, my third eye, and adversary my pineal gland, throb and 'lights' up.

Guest guest

Interesting suggestions, John. As a matter of fact, I can only fall asleep if I

am on my right side. The left doesn't really work for me, and if I am on my

back, all of my chakras open up, expand, and keep me awake. Sometimes I have

some success sleeping on my stomach, because that seems to contain the energy.

It's not terribly comfortable, though.

Also, sleeping on my stomach seems to give me more OBEs. I frequently catch

myself floating away from the back of my head or my chest, and the sensation

wakes me up.

Sel

, " JOHN. M "

<john.mathieson1 wrote:

>

> Serotonin is generally considered to be created by the piturity gland.

> i have read serotonin is needed for the pineal gland in to the making of

melatonin.

> melatonin is also found in some foods and is able to be digested though the

stomach not so much with serotonin apparently as it is said to be Brocken down

by the digestive system.

>

> I believe these glandular manufactings are also created by the sun serotonin

and by darkness melatonin.

> I also believe that the active brain hemisphere may have reason to create one

over the other.

> however there could be some conflict in what is being manufactured during

meditation or practice that is about awakening both hemispheres at once.

>

> The following is some thing I have learnt from the practice of swara yoga and

the study of the Siva Swarodaya concerning sleep.

> The left nadi (ida) is shown to be flowing when the left nostril is flowing

greater then the right, the opposite when the right nostril is flowing, When

both are flowing equally the shushumna nadi is said to be flowing.

>

> when the left is flowing it effects the right side hemisphere of the brain

and the brain is more active on thoughts

> when the right is flowing it effects the left side hemisphere. and the brain

is more active to wards physical activities.

>

> When both nadis are flowing equally, it is said nothing is auspicious other

than doing something like cruel nasty things or spiritual activities.

>

> If the left nostril flows the brains activity will not allow you to sleep.

> if the right nostril flows then the thinking process rests allowing you to

sleep.

>

> It goes on further that a yogi know when everything is coming to an awakening

once the nadis are balanced

> in most people the nadi in activity alters every hour and a half, 90 grunthis

or something like that.

> though in the case of the swear yogi and may be in fact any yogi about to

transcend the right flows during the night and the left flows

> during the day.

>

> so try to attempt the begining of your sleeping process with the right nostril

flowing greater than your left.

> I have had success in manipulating the nostrils by either hot or cold showers

holding one nostril and allowing the other one to flow,

> the opposite hand under the armpit ( the right palm under the left armpit will

have effect causing the right nostril to flow), you can use any thing under the

armpit that causes slight pressure there to do this. laying on the left side or

stomach also has an effect to stimulate the the right nadi. So if you are

attempting to sleep on your back or right hand side you right hemisphere of the

brain will more than likely to be more dominant than left brain hemisphere and

will be in thinking mode which will detour you from sleep.

>

> Om tat sat om

>

>

>

>

> -

> selena255

>

> Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:27 AM

> Re: Pineal Gland

>

>

>

>

>

> yes, I agree that a great meditation session may make sleep very difficult.I

wonder if the light has anything to do with serotonin...

>

> Sel

>

> , " ERNIE BENEVENTI "

<erniebeneventi@> wrote:

> >

> > Sel,

> >

> > You hit a cord with me on this one. I find that when I meditate, my third

eye, and adversary my pineal gland, throb and 'lights' up.

>

Guest guest

My sleep cycle fluxes a lot. I'm very much draw to the late hours of the night.

I've also experienced the opening of chakras while trying to fall asleep. Subtle movements want to express themselves . This is can be a very challenging time for me because something is going on with my energy. Even though I try to keep myself stabilized with a consistent practice, there is a tendency to build energy that I don't know what to do with.

I live with many house mates now, and none of them do yoga. This might be another reason why I am drawn to the late hours of the night when most people are sleeping. During these times I am free from their observation. They don't understand the regular meditation or breathing practices that I do, and they certainly would be shocked to see kriyas expressing themselves.

When I lived at my parents house, there was so much solitude that I could just give myself away to the kundalini and not have to worry about other people judging the expressions. It was okay for me to practice mantras aloud in my room, or do a few hours of stretching and hatha yoga during the daytime or late at night. Yesterday I morning I had a wonderful meditation and mantra practice while in the shower, where I could lose myself in the energy. It felt very euphoric as my awareness was absorbed into the workings of the body. My concentration would flow with the energy through the nadis giving shape to the structures of nerves inside the body. A pattern of energy established itself. In this instance I recited the gayatri mantrra out loud by surrendering to the full body mudra.

I experienced for the first time a very rapid repetition of the mantra, it moved from my lowers chakras to the throat, third eye, and crown. It would have been impossible for me to speak that fast and that clearly at any other time. I realized the energy opened up my throat chakra and purified it just a little bit more. Vibrato would occur naturally on its own as the rhythm of the energy move up and down my system. I allow the vibrato to occur, along with other elements of singing because they help me to understand the relationships between the regions of the body and how the chakras and breath tie them all together.

This made me think of my PSTD, how just the thought of speaking when I was growing up caused my heart to beat so much that you could see it pounding under my shirt. It was so uncomfortable that I would avoid situations that caused it. At that time in my life my throat region was so under developed that it probably could give expression to anything my lower chakras needed to communicate. My voice was weak and of higher pitched. During this mantra meditation every sound was pronounced was inspirited by the energy, it sounded like a totally new voice. I felt so grateful for the experience and the understanding it yielded about my energy system.

I was able to repeat the mantra around for time with a single breath while being very relaxed. Any tension in my body moved easily with the tension as the two forces seemed to be in harmony. A lot of bliss filled my heart and I bega to bless my loved ones, acquaintances, associations, and the entire world. I ask that my joy and bliss be used to help the world shift into a higher order. Because of the rhythm established, the prayers seemed to write themselves and come out almost like poetry. The energy in my body, the feeling in my heart, and the rhythm seemed to come together in my thoughts. I continued to pray and offer the feeling up in any way that would be for the highest good. In the few moments I felt like there were so many others out there doing the same thing. Afterwards I thought of the studies done on large groups of people who come together to make changes with their

prayers and thoughts.

This is something that I cannot do where I currently live and sometimes I wish that I had solitude again. But I realize the importance of structure, which my new place of residence is giving me. It's just difficult because the energy seems to build up and I don't know how to let it out. This probably relates to shifting between extended periods of sleep and being very alert during the late hours. It is hard to entrain myself with other people's schedules, except when we work out together. I obseve strange interactions between the houses energy and between us as individuals. It would be nice to live in a place where there was an established group energy or house energy that was itself a stablizing element, giving assistance to sadhana or daily practice.

My plan is to continue to find more work or activities as an outlet for my energy. With exorcise and a good diet I have a lot more strength and energy to do more than ever before. I'm very proud of myself for acheiving the highest weight I've ever made in my life. I'm also trying to find more creative ways to let the energy out, like a summer art course at the local community college.

KB

selena255 <selena Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:22:46 AM Re: Pineal Gland

Interesting suggestions, John. As a matter of fact, I can only fall asleep if I am on my right side. The left doesn't really work for me, and if I am on my back, all of my chakras open up, expand, and keep me awake. Sometimes I have some success sleeping on my stomach, because that seems to contain the energy. It's not terribly comfortable, though. Also, sleeping on my stomach seems to give me more OBEs. I frequently catch myself floating away from the back of my head or my chest, and the sensation wakes me up.SelKundalini-Awakening -Systems- 1 , "JOHN. M" <john.mathieson1@ ...> wrote:>> Serotonin is generally considered to be created by the piturity gland.> i have read serotonin is needed for the pineal gland in to the

making of melatonin.> melatonin is also found in some foods and is able to be digested though the stomach not so much with serotonin apparently as it is said to be Brocken down by the digestive system.> > I believe these glandular manufactings are also created by the sun serotonin and by darkness melatonin.> I also believe that the active brain hemisphere may have reason to create one over the other.> however there could be some conflict in what is being manufactured during meditation or practice that is about awakening both hemispheres at once.> > The following is some thing I have learnt from the practice of swara yoga and the study of the Siva Swarodaya concerning sleep.> The left nadi (ida) is shown to be flowing when the left nostril is flowing greater then the right, the opposite when the right nostril is flowing, When both are flowing equally the shushumna nadi is said to be flowing.>

> when the left is flowing it effects the right side hemisphere of the brain and the brain is more active on thoughts> when the right is flowing it effects the left side hemisphere. and the brain is more active to wards physical activities.> > When both nadis are flowing equally, it is said nothing is auspicious other than doing something like cruel nasty things or spiritual activities.> > If the left nostril flows the brains activity will not allow you to sleep.> if the right nostril flows then the thinking process rests allowing you to sleep.> > It goes on further that a yogi know when everything is coming to an awakening once the nadis are balanced> in most people the nadi in activity alters every hour and a half, 90 grunthis or something like that.> though in the case of the swear yogi and may be in fact any yogi about to transcend the right flows during the night and the

left flows> during the day.> > so try to attempt the begining of your sleeping process with the right nostril flowing greater than your left.> I have had success in manipulating the nostrils by either hot or cold showers holding one nostril and allowing the other one to flow,> the opposite hand under the armpit ( the right palm under the left armpit will have effect causing the right nostril to flow), you can use any thing under the armpit that causes slight pressure there to do this. laying on the left side or stomach also has an effect to stimulate the the right nadi. So if you are attempting to sleep on your back or right hand side you right hemisphere of the brain will more than likely to be more dominant than left brain hemisphere and will be in thinking mode which will detour you from sleep.> > Om tat sat om> > > > > - >

selena255 > Kundalini-Awakening -Systems- 1 > Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:27 AM> [Kundalini-Awakenin g-Systems- 1] Re: Pineal Gland> > > > > > yes, I agree that a great meditation session may make sleep very difficult.I wonder if the light has anything to do with serotonin...> > Sel> > Kundalini-Awakening -Systems- 1 , "ERNIE BENEVENTI" <erniebeneventi@ > wrote:> >> > Sel,> > > > You hit a cord with me on this one. I find that when I meditate, my

third eye, and adversary my pineal gland, throb and 'lights' up.>

Guest guest

Selina,

I don't think it has so much to do with the position you sleep they can be used though it has more to do with the brain hemisphere that is active. if I try and sleep on my back I need to be completely physically exhausted to be successful.

Obe used to happen with me if I slept on my back without a pillow, maybe it opened up my throat centre. I believe there is a special pranayama regarding the throat centre specifically for obe. I cant remember it off hand, it has something to do with dropping the jaw and relaxing the throat.

John

-

selena255

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:22 PM

Interesting suggestions, John. As a matter of fact, I can only fall asleep if I am on my right side. The left doesn't really work for me, and if I am on my back, all of my chakras open up, expand, and keep me awake. Sometimes I have some success sleeping on my stomach, because that seems to contain the energy. It's not terribly comfortable, though. Also, sleeping on my stomach seems to give me more OBEs. I frequently catch myself floating away from the back of my head or my chest, and the sensation wakes me up.Sel , "JOHN. M" <john.mathieson1 wrote:>> Serotonin is generally considered to be created by the piturity gland.> i have read serotonin is needed for the pineal gland in to the making of melatonin.> melatonin is also found in some foods and is able to be digested though the stomach not so much with serotonin apparently as it is said to be Brocken down by the digestive system.> > I believe these glandular manufactings are also created by the sun serotonin and by darkness melatonin.> I also believe that the active brain hemisphere may have reason to create one over the other.> however there could be some conflict in what is being manufactured during meditation or practice that is about awakening both hemispheres at once.> > The following is some thing I have learnt from the practice of swara yoga and the study of the Siva Swarodaya concerning sleep.> The left nadi (ida) is shown to be flowing when the left nostril is flowing greater then the right, the opposite when the right nostril is flowing, When both are flowing equally the shushumna nadi is said to be flowing.> > when the left is flowing it effects the right side hemisphere of the brain and the brain is more active on thoughts> when the right is flowing it effects the left side hemisphere. and the brain is more active to wards physical activities.> > When both nadis are flowing equally, it is said nothing is auspicious other than doing something like cruel nasty things or spiritual activities.> > If the left nostril flows the brains activity will not allow you to sleep.> if the right nostril flows then the thinking process rests allowing you to sleep.> > It goes on further that a yogi know when everything is coming to an awakening once the nadis are balanced> in most people the nadi in activity alters every hour and a half, 90 grunthis or something like that.> though in the case of the swear yogi and may be in fact any yogi about to transcend the right flows during the night and the left flows> during the day.> > so try to attempt the begining of your sleeping process with the right nostril flowing greater than your left.> I have had success in manipulating the nostrils by either hot or cold showers holding one nostril and allowing the other one to flow,> the opposite hand under the armpit ( the right palm under the left armpit will have effect causing the right nostril to flow), you can use any thing under the armpit that causes slight pressure there to do this. laying on the left side or stomach also has an effect to stimulate the the right nadi. So if you are attempting to sleep on your back or right hand side you right hemisphere of the brain will more than likely to be more dominant than left brain hemisphere and will be in thinking mode which will detour you from sleep.> > Om tat sat om> > > > > - > selena255 > > Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:27 AM> Re: Pineal Gland> > > > > > yes, I agree that a great meditation session may make sleep very difficult.I wonder if the light has anything to do with serotonin...> > Sel> > , "ERNIE BENEVENTI" <erniebeneventi@> wrote:> >> > Sel,> > > > You hit a cord with me on this one. I find that when I meditate, my third eye, and adversary my pineal gland, throb and 'lights' up.>

Guest guest

Sat Nam, Sukhnivas Singh ji -

As it was taught by SSS Yogi Bhajan ji, the Pineal relates to the crown chakra

(Please see the post I just left for Fateh Singh).

The Pituitary is the " Master Gland " that regulates the entire metabolism

according to its secretions into the blood system.

Both Pituitary and Pineal are " phosphorescent " in nature - as you may know,

metals such as sodium, potassium, and phosphorus all " burn " when they're

immersed in water. If you're near a beach with tidal surf on a warm summer

night, you can see the ripples of visible " light " that ripples through the water

as the waves break at the shore. This is a phosphorus phenomenon that echoes

with the various bursts of beautifully colored light that emanate into or out of

the third eye as it opens in deep meditation. It's not magic. It's not

enlightenment, it's an experience of the psyche, the mind and the glandular

system maturing through spritual practice.

Yogiji used to say that using psychedelics is like " raping the glands " rather

than exercising and evolving them into openness by having a strong sadhana of

Kundalini Yoga practice. Given a good spritual practice, these things will

happen on their. We don't have to use drugs (even though Patanjali himself says

the " drugs " or ( " herbs " ) are the first of Five ways to acquire the Yoga Siddhis.

But it's an inferior way, it wears down and depletes the body vehicle that is

needed to " live the spiritual path. " Like taking steroids to develop muscles,

the long term effects are damaging to health and longevity. The other four ways

are

1) realizing the Siddhis in a previous life, so they return in a following life

just " by birth. "

2) Austerities, 3) Mantra, and 4)SAMADHI.

Samadhi is the " royal, high road " of this advancement and evolution of oneself,

and Raj Yoga (the basis of Patanjali's teaching) is exactly the blessing of

mastery in relation to Guru Ram Das, who was granted the Takht ( " Throne " ) of Raj

Yoga by Guru Amar Das. For those who wondered recently " where Kundalini Yoga

ends and Sikh Dharma begins " - Kundalini Yoga never ends, and Sikh Dharma was

always there at the very begining. The question as someone posed it is not a

skillful approach to understanding the relation between Kundalini Yoga and Sikh

Dharma. But the interest and concern is very meaningful.

This is a vast topic - one we will not exhaust or complete during this lifetime.

Stay Curious -

Krishna Singh

Kundalini-Yoga , " beautiful22 " <22taro wrote:

>

> Sat Nam

> Dear Krishna Singh,

> Could you tell us what the Pineal gland relates to? Does this relate to a

Chakra? Is there a gland related to the Crown Chakra? What role does the

pituatery gland play? Is the pineal gland sensitive to light?

> Thanking you,

> Sukhnivas S. (Paul)

>

Guest guest

Sat Nam

Dear Krishna Singh,

Thank you for your kind and clear response.

I am on my 10th day of freedom from cannabis, tobacco and alcohol, and I ask for

your prayers and blessings in keeping going. I have been able to practice KY

for 15 days on the trot also.

A big however is that I had to increase the anti-depressant medication for the

OCD and depression. I seem to continually have to relearn that for me this

illness is not just psychological, but in fact physical. Without tablets I

would be unable to practice, or if I did, it would be extremely difficult and

give little benefit. My life would fall apart dispite my best efforts and I

would become very ill. I don't know how this medication affects the Kundalini

or body but it seems I do have to accept taking it, just in order to live and

do. I have repeated this experiment many times with the same result, and even

the list has seen these results.

Anyhow thanks to all and onwards and upwards, I am enjoying life much more and

all my relationships are improving, when I have my daughter we spend much of the

time singing and laughing.

Blessings to all,

Sukhnivas Singh

Kundalini-Yoga , " sevaplace01 " <krishna wrote:

>

> Sat Nam, Sukhnivas Singh ji -

> As it was taught by SSS Yogi Bhajan ji, the Pineal relates to the crown chakra

(Please see the post I just left for Fateh Singh).

>

> The Pituitary is the " Master Gland " that regulates the entire metabolism

according to its secretions into the blood system.

>

> Both Pituitary and Pineal are " phosphorescent " in nature - as you may know,

metals such as sodium, potassium, and phosphorus all " burn " when they're

immersed in water. If you're near a beach with tidal surf on a warm summer

night, you can see the ripples of visible " light " that ripples through the water

as the waves break at the shore. This is a phosphorus phenomenon that echoes

with the various bursts of beautifully colored light that emanate into or out of

the third eye as it opens in deep meditation. It's not magic. It's not

enlightenment, it's an experience of the psyche, the mind and the glandular

system maturing through spritual practice.

>

> Yogiji used to say that using psychedelics is like " raping the glands " rather

than exercising and evolving them into openness by having a strong sadhana of

Kundalini Yoga practice. Given a good spritual practice, these things will

happen on their. We don't have to use drugs (even though Patanjali himself says

the " drugs " or ( " herbs " ) are the first of Five ways to acquire the Yoga Siddhis.

But it's an inferior way, it wears down and depletes the body vehicle that is

needed to " live the spiritual path. " Like taking steroids to develop muscles,

the long term effects are damaging to health and longevity. The other four ways

are

> 1) realizing the Siddhis in a previous life, so they return in a following

life just " by birth. "

> 2) Austerities, 3) Mantra, and 4)SAMADHI.

>

> Samadhi is the " royal, high road " of this advancement and evolution of

oneself, and Raj Yoga (the basis of Patanjali's teaching) is exactly the

blessing of mastery in relation to Guru Ram Das, who was granted the Takht

( " Throne " ) of Raj Yoga by Guru Amar Das. For those who wondered recently " where

Kundalini Yoga ends and Sikh Dharma begins " - Kundalini Yoga never ends, and

Sikh Dharma was always there at the very begining. The question as someone

posed it is not a skillful approach to understanding the relation between

Kundalini Yoga and Sikh Dharma. But the interest and concern is very

meaningful.

>

> This is a vast topic - one we will not exhaust or complete during this

lifetime.

>

> Stay Curious -

> Krishna Singh

>

> Kundalini-Yoga , " beautiful22@ " <22taro@> wrote:

> >

> > Sat Nam

> > Dear Krishna Singh,

> > Could you tell us what the Pineal gland relates to? Does this relate to a

Chakra? Is there a gland related to the Crown Chakra? What role does the

pituatery gland play? Is the pineal gland sensitive to light?

> > Thanking you,

> > Sukhnivas S. (Paul)

> >

>