IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Banana Fast

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Baba,

Sat Nam!

I did the banana fast for the full 16 days years ago. I was probably drawn to it because I was born the year of the Monkey. I can't think of any other logical reason that I endured this for so long. Fortunately (again probably because I am a Monkey) I still like bananas, but only if they have cardamon with them. (Cardamon is part of the fast.)

The one benefit that I got was that I could feel the CA/MAG balance in my thighs. Which is important for women, but less critical for men, according to what I learned from Yogi Bhajan.

I was so spaced out and dysfunctional during this time, I am wondering why I subjected myself to this. I could barely move. I had no energy and couldn't figure out what to do.

In hindsight I realize that all those bananas eiher caused or exacerbated my candida condition. It took me about two years to get rid of candida after that.

In the diets to get rid of candida, one of the foods on the top of the list to eliminate is bananas. Especially the ripe ones have a lot of sugar that feeds candida. (All sugar feeds candida.)

In my opinion, mono fasts need to choosen to deal with specific health problems. (or they risk to cause problems) Hey, 3 days to unpollute your brain from pot sounds like a good idea.

What I consider important is choosing a diet or 'fast' that (1) cleans the liver, (2) clears the intestines and improves digestion and (3) eliminates candida. These are on-going issues that we must all take care of to stay healthy.

Bon appetite,

Guru Rattana :+)

Guest guest

What wonderful replies - thank you everyone for your help. I will definitely get

the meditation

as medicine book and do some research further. Maybe a 3 day run will be good

first, and

then I can work up to longer times, maybe in the summer.

sat nam,

-Baba