IndiaDivine.org

[Vaideekam] Saama Vedam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

***Adiyen,

Sorry, I forgot it.

Actually the fact is I don't about it.

Why we have to believe or unbelieve things, let it be.

We believe the things what are happenings in our present day life.

More over I don't thing that a person who is capable of doing " Koodu vittu Koodu paithal' is in the world?!

regards,

VAsu VAdhyAr

On 8/13/05, sunit friend <bssunitha wrote:

namaskaram mama,Mikka magizhchi. I never knew that there was so much involved beforelearning vedam. Yenn ariyamaiyai mannikavum. Mama,learning vedam

might be prohibited , but reading Puranas is not right? Is there anydocument (stories) about our Puranas which is there in yoursite.More than reading , hearing is more inspiring.Like I have hearda few good stories on Lord Shiva through an audio cassette by Sugi

Sivam. something like that is there in our site? Manadai orunelaipaduththuvadu eppadi. Mama, I have a few doubts.....1. there were so many kings in South India , who ruled our country & also they have some divine story connected to them.One of the Pandiya Mannanukku Thai Meenakshi Arul purindhal ; Vikramadittanukku Thai Kali Arulinaal; & so many more....Idhellam unmaia....idhu kandavargal yaaravadhu innamum irukkiraargala - some one from the same family.

2. Naadi Jodidam evvalavu dooram unmai?Enakku ennai petravargalnaadi josiyam paaththargal , but, adhu evvalavu dooram mei enbadhunaan ariya virumbugiren. Naadi saastrathai aarambiththavar yaar?3. Koodu vittu koodu payum kalai - Atharvana vedaththil Ulladhu

endru kezhvi patten - adhai inda kalaththilum yaaravadhuseivaargala.Adhai arindavargal unda? Adhu yedharkagathank yousunitha***Adiyen,1. You can learn vedham which I already told in my prvious message. I hope that I will start writting the meaning of whole vedham in the near future, before that I wish to make all the members possible to read the messages in Tamil, then only I can send plenty of texts which are already typed and stored in my computer with that specific font.

2. Execept vedham everything can be read by any one. I forgot to say that Vedham is not written by any human, and hence it is called " Apowrusheyam " , except this any man (human) made text can be read by any one.

Now I have other work to attend immediately so, I will give you reply about " Naadi Jodhidam " and " Kooduvity Koodu Paidhal " .Vasuvadhyarvaideekam

, " sunit friend " <bssunitha@h...>wrote:> namaskarams> I am new to this vaideekam groups.I want to learn SAMA vedam.I amvery> much interested; but few people say women cannot learn vedas. But

I do> want to, please. Last 2 years , I have been trying to get a Guru.I> was refused, saying I am a woman. How does it matter? Is it a sinto> take birth as a woman ?I have learnt carnatic music.I want to know> more about our vedas - I got to read somewhere that our Atharvana> vedam is very special.I want to know it. Can you help me mama?AlsoI> dont know how to download shloaks from your site.I am Iyer.> thanks> sunitha Bhaskar>> ***Adiyen,> I am very much impressed about your interest to learn Vedham. Inour M A Vaishnavism class, there are 20 ladies studying. They are

all aged, most of them had released from the three day theetu. Butour masters are not allowing them to chant vedham. But we havelessons like " Purusha Suktham, Sri Suktham " etc.> I don't know is it sin to take birth as a woman or not but I know

well it will fetch more and more sin when one doing against sastram.One thing should be realised by all, nobody is there in this worldto consider our arguements and alter the sastram according to thepresent day situations. Normally men are doing many thing against

sastram. You can also do like that, who is there to stop you. But,learning vedham is not only bring sin to yourself but also theteacher who try to teach you. Still the vedhic scholars are keepingit because some how they know about the result.

>> And, every action should have a meaning or purpose in our life.What is the purpose of learning Vedham?> If your answer is : " Athma thrupthi " , to under stand, to mentallypotential, to get spritual supreemness etc. there is no restriction

to learn it. Learning vedham is allowed for women as a text not as ahymn. If you are still interested to chant vedham, there also a way.> Divya Prabandams are 100% Equal to vedham.> Swamy desikan says: " Poygaimuni bhoodhathar .... endru ivargal

maghizhndhu paadum, seyya thamiz maalaigal naam theliya voodhi,theriyaadha marai nilangal therihindrome! " Engirar.> Divya prabandam is called as " Tahmiz Marai " . There is norestriction to learn and chant Divya Prabhandam. The vedham is

transillitrated as prabandam line by line by Azhwars. If you arereally interested then you can learn and chant it. Many teachers arethere to teach it.>> There are so many reasons to refusing " Vedham " to ladies.

> 1. Most of the woman can not pronounce many words in the vedham asit is.> 2. Some portion of the Vedham (Aranyakam, Kaatakam) should belearnt only in the forest.> 3. Learning Vedham should not get break continuously for three

days.> 4. Chanting of Vedham is not permitted to wear dress in theportion above naabhi.> 5. Vedha Aarambham is allowed only after getting Brahmobhadesam.> 6. Brahmobhadesam requires, Jadha Karma, Naamakaranm, Anna

praasanam, Chowlam and Upanayanam.> 7. Brahmachari after Upanyanam should not use any cosmetics likesoap, sandal, flowers etc. and should avoid eating salted andtastified food, (chara(kaaram), lavana varjidham).

> 8. Brahmachari should not store food or anything for next period.> 9. Brahmachari and Sanyasi should not try to earn money in anymeans.> 10.Bramachari should get food by begging, and he should feed his

master from the begged food.> 11. He should do all the work, anything instructed by the 'Guru'even massaging his body and washing his cloths and body.> 12. The 'Guru' should take the boy to many places.

> 13. Vedham should not be droped learning at any point withoutcompletion. It is very very sin than not learning it. Also said, itis very very sin one who forgot the vedham learned.> 14. If there is no restriction there will be no value for anything

in the world. Anything requires some qualification. Sombody shouldbe victim for that.> Why don't you think that veham is getting merit because of thescrifice of ladies?> If you are not an adament, I hope the stated reasons are enough. I

can give some more reasons which will be painful for somebody.> regards,> Vasu Vdahyar