IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Visit to Srirangam & SriVilliputthur -- Pls guide

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Swamin

If I may add, at Madurai itself you can cover 3 DDs.

1.Thirumal irincholai (In Madurai it is called as "Alagar Koil") (Pl recall "Kilaroli illamai.." pasuram),

2.Enroute you can cover Thirumohur (Pl recall "Thada thamarai .." pasuram) and

3.In heart of Madurai itself you have Koodla Alagar, which is near Town bustand/Railway station.

Near Srivilliputhur at Sivakasi you may visit "Thiruthangal".

The distance between Srivilliputhur and Sivakasi have to checked up, but could be 1 hour journey.

Both at Madurai (at West Perumal Maistry street and one at West Masi Street Opp. to Alukas Jewelery shop) and at Srivilliputhur there are many lodges at reasonable rates.

With Udayavar's grace you will have excellent darshan.

ramanuja [ramanuja ]On Behalf Of Raja SrinivasanThursday, October 02, 2008 8:12 PMramanuja Subject: Re: [sri ramanuja] Visit to Srirangam & SriVilliputthur -- Pls guide

At the risk of offending others who may have responsed to this already, I offer my apologies.

Srirangam is very well connected with Tiruchy -- about 7 miles away. Not all trains stop at Srirangam Station, so if your train does not stop at Srirangam, you can get off at Tiruchy and take the No 1 bus from the station or an auto to Srirangam.

Sri Ahibila Mutt has just opened a fantastic rest and recuperation center in Srirangam, very near the temple in one of the Uthra Street. They have about 10 bed rooms both airconditioned and nonairconditioned with attached bathrooms. The cots and beds are quite good. The windows are meshed up against mosquitoes. Very decent place to stay. The Mutt also offers "prasadam" for a small fee -- you would have to notify them if you want to partake of the prasadam so they can cook extra for you. Highly recommended!

Please work with your local Ahobila Mutt to get the contact information for this place.

The one difficulty is that you would have to climb to the 2nd floor for the bed rooms.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:25 AM, Raghavachary Vasudevan <mjrvasu > wrote:

Dear Swamin

Your program is quite comfortable, and be assured you will have good sevas at Sri Rangam, Sri Villiputhur and other Divya Desam's around the places. So you need not worry.

Madras (Chennai) Central and Egmore railway stations are within 10 minutes by autorickshaw. The Chennai Express from Hyd, even if it is late by a few minutes, you will be well in time to catch your Guruvayoor Express. In the unlikely event of your missing the train, please note there are several trains and buses from the Egmore area to Trichy. Srirangam is part of main Trichy city, as you might be knowing. You can also take an autorikshaw to the main Koyambedu bus station to access a number of buses to Trichy.

In Sri Rangam there are several Mutts, so it is not a major concern for your accommodation. Most of them are within close proximity to the Temple. You can just walk in and request accommodation; even if they do not have, they will guide you to other Mutts.Around Trichy and Madurai there are many ((Pandiya Nadu)) Divya Desams to visit. You can obtain information from the internet on this. Srivilliputhur can be visited from either of these cities by bus. Do not fail to visit Thirumal Irum Solai (Azhagar Temple) while at Madurai. This is a Divya Desam that has the Mangalasasanams of several Alwars.

AdiyEn DAsan

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Sri Krishna Chaitanya <nanduri.chaitanya > wrote:

Srimathe Ramanujaye Namaha:Vasudeva !Dear Bhagavathas,After a long time I got an opportunity to visit Srirangam and Srivilliputthur. This is my first visit to these DDs, so please guide me to visit these places. My forward and return journey plans are as follows.Forward Journey from Hyderabd to Srirangam on 9th Oct 2008-------------------------Chennai Express at 16:30 hrs from Hyderabd to Chennai Centarl, will reach at 5:55 hrs on 10th Oct.Guruvayur Express at 07:50 hrs from Chennai Egmore to Srirangam, will reach at 13:10 hrs on 10th OctReturn journey from Madurai to Hyderabad on 13th Oct 2008-------------------------Flight from Madurai to Hyderabad at 08:50 hrs I have a few queries below, Please help me.1. In the forward journey, I have about 2hrs time between Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore Stations. Can I reach Egmore by Auto, if so how quickly. In the worst case scenario, if I miss this train, Can I get a Bus from Chennai to SR ? How long is the journey ?2. After reaching SR, can I get an accomadation in Chinna Jeeyar's Matham or any other matham. Will there be any other accomadation If I don't manage to get it in the Matham's ?3. Are there any DDs around SR which I can visit ? if so, how long can I afford to stay in SR to see them, given that I must visit Srivilliputthur before 13th ?4. Will there be a Trasportation available from either srirangam or Trichy to Srivilliputthur (SVP) directly ?5. Are there any mathams in SVP where I can stay ? If not, any other accomadation available near the temple ?6. Finally, any other accomadation available near by to Madurai airport so that I can catch the flight on 13th morning without any problems.Any information on the above will be of great help to me.Vasudeva !Seetharama Dasudu.

-- Thanks & RegardsRaja Srinivasan

Guest guest

Srimathe Ramanujaye Namaha:

Vasudeva !

Dear Bhagavathas,

After a long time I got an opportunity to visit Srirangam and

Srivilliputthur. This is my first visit to these DDs, so please

guide me to visit these places. My forward and return journey plans

are as follows.

Forward Journey from Hyderabd to Srirangam on 9th Oct 2008

---------------------------

Chennai Express at 16:30 hrs from Hyderabd to Chennai Centarl, will

reach at 5:55 hrs on 10th Oct.

Guruvayur Express at 07:50 hrs from Chennai Egmore to Srirangam,

will reach at 13:10 hrs on 10th Oct

Return journey from Madurai to Hyderabad on 13th Oct 2008

--------------------------

Flight from Madurai to Hyderabad at 08:50 hrs

I have a few queries below, Please help me.

1. In the forward journey, I have about 2hrs time between Chennai

Central and Chennai Egmore Stations. Can I reach Egmore by Auto, if

so how quickly. In the worst case scenario, if I miss this train,

Can I get a Bus from Chennai to SR ? How long is the journey ?

2. After reaching SR, can I get an accomadation in Chinna Jeeyar's

Matham or any other matham. Will there be any other accomadation If

I don't manage to get it in the Matham's ?

3. Are there any DDs around SR which I can visit ? if so, how long

can I afford to stay in SR to see them, given that I must visit

Srivilliputthur before 13th ?

4. Will there be a Trasportation available from either srirangam or

Trichy to Srivilliputthur (SVP) directly ?

5. Are there any mathams in SVP where I can stay ? If not, any other

accomadation available near the temple ?

6. Finally, any other accomadation available near by to Madurai

airport so that I can catch the flight on 13th morning without any

problems.

Any information on the above will be of great help to me.

Vasudeva !

Seetharama Dasudu.

Guest guest

DEAR SIR, WELL U R PLANNING TO VISIT GREATEST OF ALL DDS - SRIRANGAM.

AT SR U CAN COMFORTABLY STAY AT AHOBILA MUTT EAST UTARA STREET. AC ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE FOE STAY. U CAN COTACT TEL NO. 0431 2420804 TO BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION NOW.

GUNASEELAM , APPAKKOODATHAN KOIL, THIRUVELLARAI, UTHAMAR KOIL ARE ALL NEARY DDS. U CAN HIRE A TAXI. ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE MADE AT THE MUTT. IN CASE U NEED AAHARAM PL INFORM IN ADVANCE.

AFTER REACHING WE WILL MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR UR STAY @ SVR.

U CA ALSO GO TO KUMBAKONAM TO HAVE DARSHAN OF LORDS.

PILLAMBOOTHANGUDI, AADANOOR & OTHER DDS ARE ALL NEAR KUMBAKONAM.

CONVENIENT TRAIN ,BUS FACILITIES ARE AVAILABLE FROM SR.

PL FEEL FREETO SEEK ANY FURTHER CLARIFICATIONS.

ALL THE BESTwith very warm greetings and best wishes,.srajagopalan--- On Wed, 1/10/08, Sri Krishna Chaitanya <nanduri.chaitanya wrote:

Sri Krishna Chaitanya <nanduri.chaitanya[sri ramanuja] Visit to Srirangam & SriVilliputthur -- Pls guideramanuja Date: Wednesday, 1 October, 2008, 12:28 PM

Srimathe Ramanujaye Namaha:Vasudeva !Dear Bhagavathas,After a long time I got an opportunity to visit Srirangam and Srivilliputthur. This is my first visit to these DDs, so please guide me to visit these places. My forward and return journey plans are as follows.Forward Journey from Hyderabd to Srirangam on 9th Oct 2008------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -Chennai Express at 16:30 hrs from Hyderabd to Chennai Centarl, will reach at 5:55 hrs on 10th Oct.Guruvayur Express at 07:50 hrs from Chennai Egmore to Srirangam, will reach at 13:10 hrs on 10th OctReturn journey from Madurai to Hyderabad on 13th Oct 2008------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -Flight from Madurai to Hyderabad at 08:50 hrs I have a few queries below, Please help me.1. In the forward journey, I have about 2hrs time between Chennai

Central and Chennai Egmore Stations. Can I reach Egmore by Auto, if so how quickly. In the worst case scenario, if I miss this train, Can I get a Bus from Chennai to SR ? How long is the journey ?2. After reaching SR, can I get an accomadation in Chinna Jeeyar's Matham or any other matham. Will there be any other accomadation If I don't manage to get it in the Matham's ?3. Are there any DDs around SR which I can visit ? if so, how long can I afford to stay in SR to see them, given that I must visit Srivilliputthur before 13th ?4. Will there be a Trasportation available from either srirangam or Trichy to Srivilliputthur (SVP) directly ?5. Are there any mathams in SVP where I can stay ? If not, any other accomadation available near the temple ?6. Finally, any other accomadation available near by to Madurai airport so that I can catch the flight on 13th morning without any

problems.Any information on the above will be of great help to me.Vasudeva !Seetharama Dasudu.

Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger.

Guest guest

Dear Swamin

Your program is quite comfortable, and be assured you will have good sevas at Sri Rangam, Sri Villiputhur and other Divya Desam's around the places. So you need not worry.

Madras (Chennai) Central and Egmore railway stations are within 10 minutes by autorickshaw. The Chennai Express from Hyd, even if it is late by a few minutes, you will be well in time to catch your Guruvayoor Express. In the unlikely event of your missing the train, please note there are several trains and buses from the Egmore area to Trichy. Srirangam is part of main Trichy city, as you might be knowing. You can also take an autorikshaw to the main Koyambedu bus station to access a number of buses to Trichy.

In Sri Rangam there are several Mutts, so it is not a major concern for your accommodation. Most of them are within close proximity to the Temple. You can just walk in and request accommodation; even if they do not have, they will guide you to other Mutts.

Around Trichy and Madurai there are many ((Pandiya Nadu)) Divya Desams to visit. You can obtain information from the internet on this. Srivilliputhur can be visited from either of these cities by bus. Do not fail to visit Thirumal Irum Solai (Azhagar Temple) while at Madurai. This is a Divya Desam that has the Mangalasasanams of several Alwars.

AdiyEn DAsan

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Sri Krishna Chaitanya <nanduri.chaitanya wrote:

Srimathe Ramanujaye Namaha:Vasudeva !Dear Bhagavathas,After a long time I got an opportunity to visit Srirangam and Srivilliputthur. This is my first visit to these DDs, so please guide me to visit these places. My forward and return journey plans

are as follows.Forward Journey from Hyderabd to Srirangam on 9th Oct 2008-------------------------Chennai Express at 16:30 hrs from Hyderabd to Chennai Centarl, will

reach at 5:55 hrs on 10th Oct.Guruvayur Express at 07:50 hrs from Chennai Egmore to Srirangam, will reach at 13:10 hrs on 10th OctReturn journey from Madurai to Hyderabad on 13th Oct 2008-------------------------

Flight from Madurai to Hyderabad at 08:50 hrs I have a few queries below, Please help me.1. In the forward journey, I have about 2hrs time between Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore Stations. Can I reach Egmore by Auto, if

so how quickly. In the worst case scenario, if I miss this train, Can I get a Bus from Chennai to SR ? How long is the journey ?2. After reaching SR, can I get an accomadation in Chinna Jeeyar's Matham or any other matham. Will there be any other accomadation If

I don't manage to get it in the Matham's ?3. Are there any DDs around SR which I can visit ? if so, how long can I afford to stay in SR to see them, given that I must visit Srivilliputthur before 13th ?

4. Will there be a Trasportation available from either srirangam or Trichy to Srivilliputthur (SVP) directly ?5. Are there any mathams in SVP where I can stay ? If not, any other accomadation available near the temple ?

6. Finally, any other accomadation available near by to Madurai airport so that I can catch the flight on 13th morning without any problems.Any information on the above will be of great help to me.

Vasudeva !Seetharama Dasudu.

Guest guest

At the risk of offending others who may have responsed to this already, I offer my apologies.

Srirangam is very well connected with Tiruchy -- about 7 miles away. Not all trains stop at Srirangam Station, so if your train does not stop at Srirangam, you can get off at Tiruchy and take the No 1 bus from the station or an auto to Srirangam.

Sri Ahibila Mutt has just opened a fantastic rest and recuperation center in Srirangam, very near the temple in one of the Uthra Street. They have about 10 bed rooms both airconditioned and nonairconditioned with attached bathrooms. The cots and beds are quite good. The windows are meshed up against mosquitoes. Very decent place to stay. The Mutt also offers " prasadam " for a small fee -- you would have to notify them if you want to partake of the prasadam so they can cook extra for you. Highly recommended!

Please work with your local Ahobila Mutt to get the contact information for this place.

The one difficulty is that you would have to climb to the 2nd floor for the bed rooms.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:25 AM, Raghavachary Vasudevan <mjrvasu wrote:

Dear Swamin

In Sri Rangam there are several Mutts, so it is not a major concern for your accommodation. Most of them are within close proximity to the Temple. You can just walk in and request accommodation; even if they do not have, they will guide you to other Mutts.

Around Trichy and Madurai there are many ((Pandiya Nadu)) Divya Desams to visit. You can obtain information from the internet on this. Srivilliputhur can be visited from either of these cities by bus. Do not fail to visit Thirumal Irum Solai (Azhagar Temple) while at Madurai. This is a Divya Desam that has the Mangalasasanams of several Alwars.

AdiyEn DAsan

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Sri Krishna Chaitanya <nanduri.chaitanya wrote:

Srimathe Ramanujaye Namaha:Vasudeva !Dear Bhagavathas,After a long time I got an opportunity to visit Srirangam and Srivilliputthur. This is my first visit to these DDs, so please guide me to visit these places. My forward and return journey plans

are as follows.Forward Journey from Hyderabd to Srirangam on 9th Oct 2008-------------------------Chennai Express at 16:30 hrs from Hyderabd to Chennai Centarl, will

reach at 5:55 hrs on 10th Oct.Guruvayur Express at 07:50 hrs from Chennai Egmore to Srirangam, will reach at 13:10 hrs on 10th OctReturn journey from Madurai to Hyderabad on 13th Oct 2008-------------------------

Flight from Madurai to Hyderabad at 08:50 hrs I have a few queries below, Please help me.1. In the forward journey, I have about 2hrs time between Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore Stations. Can I reach Egmore by Auto, if

so how quickly. In the worst case scenario, if I miss this train, Can I get a Bus from Chennai to SR ? How long is the journey ?2. After reaching SR, can I get an accomadation in Chinna Jeeyar's Matham or any other matham. Will there be any other accomadation If

I don't manage to get it in the Matham's ?3. Are there any DDs around SR which I can visit ? if so, how long can I afford to stay in SR to see them, given that I must visit Srivilliputthur before 13th ?

4. Will there be a Trasportation available from either srirangam or Trichy to Srivilliputthur (SVP) directly ?5. Are there any mathams in SVP where I can stay ? If not, any other accomadation available near the temple ?

6. Finally, any other accomadation available near by to Madurai airport so that I can catch the flight on 13th morning without any problems.Any information on the above will be of great help to me.

Vasudeva !Seetharama Dasudu.

-- Thanks & Regards

Raja Srinivasan

Guest guest

dear swamin sri Raja Srinivasan's description of the ahobilamutt is correct. hower if i may add ,the rooms are situated on the first floor .in fact no constrction exists above the first floor.

on the whole the place is serene & there is an aura of sacred fervour once u enter the plce.with very warm greetings and best wishes,.srajagopalan--- On Thu, 2/10/08, Raja Srinivasan <saligram wrote:

Raja Srinivasan <saligramRe: [sri ramanuja] Visit to Srirangam & SriVilliputthur -- Pls guideramanuja Date: Thursday, 2 October, 2008, 8:11 PM

Sri Ahibila Mutt has just opened a fantastic rest and recuperation center in Srirangam, very near the temple in one of the Uthra Street. They have about 10 bed rooms both airconditioned and nonairconditioned with attached bathrooms. The cots and beds are quite good. The windows are meshed up against mosquitoes. Very decent place to stay. The Mutt also offers "prasadam" for a small fee -- you would have to notify them if you want to partake of the prasadam so they can cook extra for you. Highly recommended!

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:25 AM, Raghavachary Vasudevan <mjrvasu (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear Swamin

In Sri Rangam there are several Mutts, so it is not a major concern for your accommodation. Most of them are within close proximity to the Temple. You can just walk in and request accommodation; even if they do not have, they will guide you to other Mutts.Around Trichy and Madurai there are many ((Pandiya Nadu)) Divya Desams to visit. You can obtain information from the internet on this. Srivilliputhur can be visited from either of these cities by bus. Do not fail to visit Thirumal Irum Solai (Azhagar Temple) while at Madurai. This is a Divya Desam that has the Mangalasasanams of several Alwars.

AdiyEn DAsan

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Sri Krishna Chaitanya <nanduri.chaitanya@ gmail.com> wrote:

Srimathe Ramanujaye Namaha:Vasudeva !Dear Bhagavathas,After a long time I got an opportunity to visit Srirangam and Srivilliputthur. This is my first visit to these DDs, so please guide me to visit these places. My forward and return journey plans are as follows.Forward Journey from Hyderabd to Srirangam on 9th Oct 2008------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -Chennai Express at 16:30 hrs from Hyderabd to Chennai Centarl, will reach at 5:55 hrs on 10th Oct.Guruvayur Express at 07:50 hrs from Chennai Egmore to Srirangam, will reach at 13:10 hrs on 10th OctReturn journey from Madurai to Hyderabad on 13th Oct 2008------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -Flight from Madurai to Hyderabad at 08:50 hrs I have a few queries below, Please help me.1. In the forward journey, I have about 2hrs time between Chennai

Central and Chennai Egmore Stations. Can I reach Egmore by Auto, if so how quickly. In the worst case scenario, if I miss this train, Can I get a Bus from Chennai to SR ? How long is the journey ?2. After reaching SR, can I get an accomadation in Chinna Jeeyar's Matham or any other matham. Will there be any other accomadation If I don't manage to get it in the Matham's ?3. Are there any DDs around SR which I can visit ? if so, how long can I afford to stay in SR to see them, given that I must visit Srivilliputthur before 13th ?4. Will there be a Trasportation available from either srirangam or Trichy to Srivilliputthur (SVP) directly ?5. Are there any mathams in SVP where I can stay ? If not, any other accomadation available near the temple ?6. Finally, any other accomadation available near by to Madurai airport so that I can catch the flight on 13th morning without any

problems.Any information on the above will be of great help to me.Vasudeva !Seetharama Dasudu.

-- Thanks & RegardsRaja Srinivasan

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Guest guest

Dear Swamin,

Srivilliputtur is a 90 min journey from Madurai.

For your specific query direct Buses are available from Trichy at

certain times (destination usually would be Rajapalayam and

srivilliputtur is 11 kms before Rajapalayam)

Journey time is around 5 hrs from Trichy.

There are quite a few decent lodging facilities in Srivilliputtur

which are at walkable distances from the temple.Temple generally

closes by 12 noon and open after 4:30 pm.

Ramanuja dasan

Venkat S Iyengar

> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Sri Krishna Chaitanya

> <nanduri.chaitanya wrote:

>

>

> Srimathe Ramanujaye Namaha:

> Vasudeva !

>

> Dear Bhagavathas,

>

> After a long time I got an opportunity to visit Srirangam and

> Srivilliputthur. This is my first visit to these DDs, so

please

> guide me to visit these places. My forward and return journey

plans

> are as follows.

>

> Forward Journey from Hyderabd to Srirangam on 9th Oct 2008

> -------------------------

>

> Chennai Express at 16:30 hrs from Hyderabd to Chennai

Centarl, will

> reach at 5:55 hrs on 10th Oct.

> Guruvayur Express at 07:50 hrs from Chennai Egmore to

Srirangam,

> will reach at 13:10 hrs on 10th Oct

>

> Return journey from Madurai to Hyderabad on 13th Oct 2008

> -------------------------

>

> Flight from Madurai to Hyderabad at 08:50 hrs

>

> I have a few queries below, Please help me.

>

> 1. In the forward journey, I have about 2hrs time between

Chennai

> Central and Chennai Egmore Stations. Can I reach Egmore by

Auto, if

> so how quickly. In the worst case scenario, if I miss this

train,

> Can I get a Bus from Chennai to SR ? How long is the journey ?

>

> 2. After reaching SR, can I get an accomadation in Chinna

Jeeyar's

> Matham or any other matham. Will there be any other

accomadation If

> I don't manage to get it in the Matham's ?

>

> 3. Are there any DDs around SR which I can visit ? if so, how

long

> can I afford to stay in SR to see them, given that I must

visit

> Srivilliputthur before 13th ?

>

> 4. Will there be a Trasportation available from either

srirangam or

> Trichy to Srivilliputthur (SVP) directly ?

>

> 5. Are there any mathams in SVP where I can stay ? If not,

any other

> accomadation available near the temple ?

>

> 6. Finally, any other accomadation available near by to

Madurai

> airport so that I can catch the flight on 13th morning

without any

> problems.

>

> Any information on the above will be of great help to me.

>

> Vasudeva !

> Seetharama Dasudu.

>

>

>

>

--

> Thanks & Regards

> Raja Srinivasan

>

Guest guest

Srimathe Ramanujaye Namaha:

Vasudeva !

Dear Bhagavathas,

With the grace of my Acharya , Periya Perumal & some Bhagavathas in

the group, my vist to SriRangam was a great success. I also

travelled to a few other DDs in & around Srirangam thus totalling my

count of DDs visit to Eleven and 10 out this 11 DDs have been

covered in this trip only, the 11 th one being Thirumala, so it was

a quick and fruitful trip.

I visited the below DDs and a few other temples near by to them.

1. Periya Perumal (Srirangam) & Many sannidhis inside the temple

2. Pundarikaksha Perumal (Thiruvellarai, near SR)

3. Purushothama Perumal (Utthamur kovil, Trichy)

4. Azhagiya Manavala perumal & Kamalavalli Thayar (Varayur, Trichy)

5. Sundararaja Perumal (Anbil Kovil, near SR)

6. Appakudutha perumal (Appakudathan kovil, near SR)

7. Dasaavatharam Sannidhi (Srirangam)

8. VataPathraSayee Perumal (Srivilliputthur)

9. Sundararaja Perumal (Koodal Alagar, Madurai )

10. Sundara Bahu Perumal (Alagarkovil, Madurai)

In addition to the above DDs I could cover the below kovils as well.

1. SingaPerumal Kovil (Srirangam)

2. Andal Ranganatha Perumal Kovil (Srivilliputthur)

3. Thiruvanamali (Srivilliputthur)

4. Madanagopal Perumal (Madurai, near koodal alagar kovil)

There was no bounds to my happiness while I visited these DDs, no

words to explain the bliss I went through seeing perumal in

different positions in different DDs blessings the asesha jeevatmas.

The trip would not have been so successful without the guidance of

the bhagavathas from this group. I prostrate and salute to all

bhagavathas who took pain and emailed me the information I needed,

which instilled confidence in me before going to a totally new place

and new language.

The plan given in the group E-mails was flawless and the execution

was perfect with His grace , nothing went wrong during the trip. As

far as the trip is concerned, I reached chennai on 10th morning at

6:00, took alocal train at park station at 06:30 , got the Guravayur

express at 7:50 at chennai egmore, reached SR by 13:30. Accomadation

was available in Sriranganatha Arya Vaisya Ramanuja matham for the

day. So had darshan of Thayara and Perumal at 16:00 , on the same

day covered Thiruvellarii , Utthamur and Vurayur by 20:30 in the

night. Next day, had darshan of periya Perumal at 6:30, and

finished covering Anbil , appakudathan and Singa Perumal Kovil (near

railway station) by 12:00. I hired a Auto for these trips and hence

could complete them on time. One bhagavatha Mr.Srikanth who is a

local resident of SR helped me hire the auto.

Started to Villiputhur by 13:30 by bus at trichy main busstand,

reached Putthur at 18:00, had accomadation at Vanamalai Manavala

Mahamuni Sannidhi, Had darshan of Andal Ranganatha & Vatapathra

Sayee perumal the same day. Next day, again had morning darshan of

both kovils by 8:30, started to Thiruvanamalai and returned back at

10:30.

Started to Madurai at 12:00 by bus, reached Koodal alagar kovil at

14:00, started to Alagarkovil at 15:00 by bus. Had darshan at 16:30

and returned by 18:00 the same day. Had darshan of Sundararaja

perumal (koodal alagar) at 19:00 and again on the next day morning

at 6:00. Took the flight at 9:00 and reached Hyd at 12:30 ... That's

it.

I had a great time touring these times and new ideas sprouted in me

that I want to cover all the 106 DDs atleast once in life time. Hope

Perumal will bless me with this also.

Thanks to one and all with aneka saashtanga Namaskarams...

Namo Narayanaya !!!!

Vasudeva,

Seetharama Dasudu.

ramanuja , " Sri Krishna Chaitanya "

<nanduri.chaitanya wrote:

>

>

> Srimathe Ramanujaye Namaha:

> Vasudeva !

>

> Dear Bhagavathas,

>

> After a long time I got an opportunity to visit Srirangam and

> Srivilliputthur. This is my first visit to these DDs, so please

> guide me to visit these places. My forward and return journey

plans

> are as follows.

>

> Forward Journey from Hyderabd to Srirangam on 9th Oct 2008

> ---------------------------

>

> Chennai Express at 16:30 hrs from Hyderabd to Chennai Centarl,

will

> reach at 5:55 hrs on 10th Oct.

> Guruvayur Express at 07:50 hrs from Chennai Egmore to Srirangam,

> will reach at 13:10 hrs on 10th Oct

>

>

> Return journey from Madurai to Hyderabad on 13th Oct 2008

> --------------------------

>

> Flight from Madurai to Hyderabad at 08:50 hrs

>

>

> I have a few queries below, Please help me.

>

> 1. In the forward journey, I have about 2hrs time between Chennai

> Central and Chennai Egmore Stations. Can I reach Egmore by Auto,

if

> so how quickly. In the worst case scenario, if I miss this train,

> Can I get a Bus from Chennai to SR ? How long is the journey ?

>

> 2. After reaching SR, can I get an accomadation in Chinna Jeeyar's

> Matham or any other matham. Will there be any other accomadation

If

> I don't manage to get it in the Matham's ?

>

> 3. Are there any DDs around SR which I can visit ? if so, how

long

> can I afford to stay in SR to see them, given that I must visit

> Srivilliputthur before 13th ?

>

> 4. Will there be a Trasportation available from either srirangam

or

> Trichy to Srivilliputthur (SVP) directly ?

>

> 5. Are there any mathams in SVP where I can stay ? If not, any

other

> accomadation available near the temple ?

>

> 6. Finally, any other accomadation available near by to Madurai

> airport so that I can catch the flight on 13th morning without any

> problems.

>

>

> Any information on the above will be of great help to me.

>

> Vasudeva !

> Seetharama Dasudu.

>