IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

participation of Ladies in Srivaishnava sampradayam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Respected Swamins,

I have couple of questions running in my mind.

1.What are the duties prescribed for ladies in our sampradayam??

2. Why there is no participation by ladies in any divyadesams?? ( Even though

there are many ladies who knows naalayiram)

3. Are there any ladies in the history who did kainkaryam to divyadhambathis?? (

after aandal naachiyar)

I have learnt so much from our group messages. Hope my doubts are clarified.

Thanks in advance for the same.

Sridevi Suresh PB

Guest guest

, " sridevispb " <sridevispb wrote:

>

> Respected Swamins,

> I have couple of questions running in my mind.

>

> 1.What are the duties prescribed for ladies in our sampradayam??

> 2. Why there is no participation by ladies in any divyadesams?? ( Even though

there are many ladies who knows naalayiram)

> 3. Are there any ladies in the history who did kainkaryam to divyadhambathis??

( after aandal naachiyar)

>

> I have learnt so much from our group messages. Hope my doubts are clarified.

Thanks in advance for the same.

>

> Sridevi Suresh PB

>

------

Dear Sridevi Suresh PB,

Jai Srimannarayana.

Lord Ranganatha, Thayaar, Andal and the Alwars shall bless you with every thing

great in life. I shall input some thoughts. Have careful reading and enjoy His

will.

1) Duties for Ladies -

In Vaishnava phylosohy there are no Ladies and Gentlemen seperately. All jeevas

are " STHREE SAMAM " equavalant to Ladies and PARAMATHMA is alone the PURUSHA, the

ultimmate. Here the meaning is SEVAI and not sex descrimination. The protector

and the protected are mutually dependant. Similar to JEEVATHMA and PARAMAATHMA.

The SEVAI (service) is between Lord and Devotee, Narayana and Piraatti, Acharya

and Sushyan, Child and Mother (Mother serves the child), Parents and children,

Husband and wife and so on.

Looking in this context LADIES can do every thing and anything with SEVAI as the

ultimate. The result is protection, knowledge, growth and love depending on

context. However, LADIES have certain limitations imposed by nature

(Sareeradharmam) and at the same time they excel in giving LOVE as mother,

sister, daughter and wife. Now you realise when SEVAI is the intention anything

can be done. I will put even things like writing poetry, having nice chat,

singing a song, assosciation with devotees, good word from learned men - ALL AS

SEVAI and for the LORD RANGANATHA.

Do whatever you can for the Lord and His Devotees. Why devotees, because Lord is

not easily accessible / visible, but devotees and devotion can be seen and felt

always. Even if you have Lord and have His glimses also at times, their duration

is so small for charming that you can not serve at that point.

2) Participation of Ladies in DIVYADESAMS -

You have ANDAL above all. Andal has PERIYALWAR as foster father. Always in

association of Lord VATAPATHRA SAI and devotional talk. She was helping in

making MAALAI (Sevai). ANDAL was waring the garlands to see whether they

properly suit on the Lord and they are as beatiful as Lord. VISHNU CHITTAR was

nervous, when he saw a hair in the Garland offered to God. But Lord clarified to

Periyalwar in a dream that he preffered Garland worn by THAI ANDAL. All this

emphasises SEVAI in its purest form. Nothing wrong should ever happen in Lord's

context.

Other female characters, we see in our scriptures from SEVAI point of view are

(1) SABARI craving to see LORD RAMA, (2) Vakula ford Lord SRINIVASA, (3) YASODA

while serving GOVINDA, (4) RAADHA for Lord KRISHNA, (5) DROWPADI for Krishna as

brother, (6) RUKMINI always worshiping Lord with TULASI, (7) Even SITA when she

accompanied RAMA to forest, (8) SRI MAHALAKSHMI herself got the DWAYA MANTHRAM

form Lord and many more. All the contexts SEVAI and Lord as the goal. The server

is STHREE and the served is LORD. Here do not distingush as male / female. In

MADHURA BHAKTI all our saints imagined them selves as STHREE and Lord as their

destination / goal.

In our divyadesams - Now many of them are in poor condition. Still I see some

places, the female sevai indirectly (serving the devotee and Koil), when we look

at the diety and the priest " CHEERFUL " - clean, bright and peaceful. Chanting

the MANTHRAS alone is not POOJA. Helping it in any way is in the purpose of Lord

is also POOJA.

Coming to LADIES who kew NAALAYIRAM and ALWARS so well, I think suitable forums

are inadequate. However in their homes, families and near relations, they are

probably honoured adeuately. As such religion is neglected in society from any

promotional point of view. Religion nowadays has all distorted purposes. This is

true for both males and females.

Wishing all the best to ALL DEVOTEES

~ Ever humble to all devotees - Peesapti V V S Chari

~ web site - http://etemples.net

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear Sriman Seetharama Chari:

Thanks very much for your thoughtful mail.

our Members will enjoy reading it .

V.Sadagopan

- Peesapati V V Seetharama Chari

Saturday, March 14, 2009 2:34 AM

Re: participation of Ladies in Srivaishnava sampradayam

, "sridevispb" <sridevispb wrote:>> Respected Swamins,> I have couple of questions running in my mind.> > 1.What are the duties prescribed for ladies in our sampradayam??> 2. Why there is no participation by ladies in any divyadesams?? ( Even though there are many ladies who knows naalayiram) > 3. Are there any ladies in the history who did kainkaryam to divyadhambathis?? ( after aandal naachiyar)> > I have learnt so much from our group messages. Hope my doubts are clarified. Thanks in advance for the same. > > Sridevi Suresh PB>-------------------------Dear Sridevi Suresh PB,Jai Srimannarayana.Lord Ranganatha, Thayaar, Andal and the Alwars shall bless you with every thing great in life. I shall input some thoughts. Have careful reading and enjoy His will.1) Duties for Ladies -In Vaishnava phylosohy there are no Ladies and Gentlemen seperately. All jeevas are "STHREE SAMAM" equavalant to Ladies and PARAMATHMA is alone the PURUSHA, the ultimmate. Here the meaning is SEVAI and not sex descrimination. The protector and the protected are mutually dependant. Similar to JEEVATHMA and PARAMAATHMA. The SEVAI (service) is between Lord and Devotee, Narayana and Piraatti, Acharya and Sushyan, Child and Mother (Mother serves the child), Parents and children, Husband and wife and so on. Looking in this context LADIES can do every thing and anything with SEVAI as the ultimate. The result is protection, knowledge, growth and love depending on context. However, LADIES have certain limitations imposed by nature (Sareeradharmam) and at the same time they excel in giving LOVE as mother, sister, daughter and wife. Now you realise when SEVAI is the intention anything can be done. I will put even things like writing poetry, having nice chat, singing a song, assosciation with devotees, good word from learned men - ALL AS SEVAI and for the LORD RANGANATHA. Do whatever you can for the Lord and His Devotees. Why devotees, because Lord is not easily accessible / visible, but devotees and devotion can be seen and felt always. Even if you have Lord and have His glimses also at times, their duration is so small for charming that you can not serve at that point.2) Participation of Ladies in DIVYADESAMS -You have ANDAL above all. Andal has PERIYALWAR as foster father. Always in association of Lord VATAPATHRA SAI and devotional talk. She was helping in making MAALAI (Sevai). ANDAL was waring the garlands to see whether they properly suit on the Lord and they are as beatiful as Lord. VISHNU CHITTAR was nervous, when he saw a hair in the Garland offered to God. But Lord clarified to Periyalwar in a dream that he preffered Garland worn by THAI ANDAL. All this emphasises SEVAI in its purest form. Nothing wrong should ever happen in Lord's context.Other female characters, we see in our scriptures from SEVAI point of view are (1) SABARI craving to see LORD RAMA, (2) Vakula ford Lord SRINIVASA, (3) YASODA while serving GOVINDA, (4) RAADHA for Lord KRISHNA, (5) DROWPADI for Krishna as brother, (6) RUKMINI always worshiping Lord with TULASI, (7) Even SITA when she accompanied RAMA to forest, (8) SRI MAHALAKSHMI herself got the DWAYA MANTHRAM form Lord and many more. All the contexts SEVAI and Lord as the goal. The server is STHREE and the served is LORD. Here do not distingush as male / female. In MADHURA BHAKTI all our saints imagined them selves as STHREE and Lord as their destination / goal.In our divyadesams - Now many of them are in poor condition. Still I see some places, the female sevai indirectly (serving the devotee and Koil), when we look at the diety and the priest "CHEERFUL" - clean, bright and peaceful. Chanting the MANTHRAS alone is not POOJA. Helping it in any way is in the purpose of Lord is also POOJA.Coming to LADIES who kew NAALAYIRAM and ALWARS so well, I think suitable forums are inadequate. However in their homes, families and near relations, they are probably honoured adeuately. As such religion is neglected in society from any promotional point of view. Religion nowadays has all distorted purposes. This is true for both males and females. Wishing all the best to ALL DEVOTEES~ Ever humble to all devotees - Peesapti V V S Chari~ web site - http://etemples.net

Guest guest

SwAmin, Well written.

adiyEn would like to add if permitted. One should have performed poorva punyam to be born as a woman. As Swami has stated even Azhvars wanted to turn themselves to women to express their love for the Lord. NammAzvAr assumes the role of a mother, a daughter(Devi), and a Woman assistant -- (Sevili thAi) to sing his love for the Lord. Even then he does not come upto the level of SrI AndAL.

One must sing her Thirumozhi to realize the greatness of being a woman..

adiyEn feels that if our womenfolk understand this they can not be surpassed ever by menfolk.

But, due to ignorance and false dominance of men, our women are in difficulty. However, there have been many women who have shined as great devotees of the Lord surpassing male devotees.

In reality, there is only one MAN -- the Lord Who is PurushOthama. All others are male.

dAsan

anbil SrInivAsan--- On Sun, 15/3/09, Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan wrote:

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan Re: participation of Ladies in Srivaishnava sampradayam"Ponnappan" <Oppiliappan >, "Sgt" <saranagathi >, "RB" <Raamabhakthi >Cc: "Srikanth Veeraraghavan" <hindusrikanthSunday, 15 March, 2009, 7:19 PM

SrI:

V.Sadagopan

, "sridevispb" <sridevispb@ ...> wrote:>> Respected Swamins,> I have couple of questions running in my mind.> > 1.What are the duties prescribed for ladies in our sampradayam? ?> 2. Why there is no participation by ladies in any divyadesams? ? ( Even though there are many ladies who knows naalayiram) > 3. Are there any ladies in the history who did kainkaryam to divyadhambathis? ? ( after aandal naachiyar)> > I have learnt so much from our group messages. Hope my doubts are clarified. Thanks in advance for the same. > > Sridevi Suresh PB>------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -Dear Sridevi Suresh PB,Jai

Srimannarayana.Lord Ranganatha, Thayaar, Andal and the Alwars shall bless you with every thing great in life. I shall input some thoughts. Have careful reading and enjoy His will.1) Duties for Ladies -In Vaishnava phylosohy there are no Ladies and Gentlemen seperately. All jeevas are "STHREE SAMAM" equavalant to Ladies and PARAMATHMA is alone the PURUSHA, the ultimmate. Here the meaning is SEVAI and not sex descrimination.. The protector and the protected are mutually dependant. Similar to JEEVATHMA and PARAMAATHMA. The SEVAI (service) is between Lord and Devotee, Narayana and Piraatti, Acharya and Sushyan, Child and Mother (Mother serves the child), Parents and children, Husband and wife and so on. Looking in this context LADIES can do every thing and anything with SEVAI as the ultimate. The result is protection, knowledge, growth and love depending on context. However, LADIES have certain limitations imposed by nature

(Sareeradharmam) and at the same time they excel in giving LOVE as mother, sister, daughter and wife. Now you realise when SEVAI is the intention anything can be done. I will put even things like writing poetry, having nice chat, singing a song, assosciation with devotees, good word from learned men - ALL AS SEVAI and for the LORD RANGANATHA. Do whatever you can for the Lord and His Devotees. Why devotees, because Lord is not easily accessible / visible, but devotees and devotion can be seen and felt always. Even if you have Lord and have His glimses also at times, their duration is so small for charming that you can not serve at that point.2) Participation of Ladies in DIVYADESAMS -You have ANDAL above all. Andal has PERIYALWAR as foster father. Always in association of Lord VATAPATHRA SAI and devotional talk. She was helping in making MAALAI (Sevai). ANDAL was waring the garlands to see whether they properly suit on the Lord

and they are as beatiful as Lord. VISHNU CHITTAR was nervous, when he saw a hair in the Garland offered to God. But Lord clarified to Periyalwar in a dream that he preffered Garland worn by THAI ANDAL. All this emphasises SEVAI in its purest form. Nothing wrong should ever happen in Lord's context.Other female characters, we see in our scriptures from SEVAI point of view are (1) SABARI craving to see LORD RAMA, (2) Vakula ford Lord SRINIVASA, (3) YASODA while serving GOVINDA, (4) RAADHA for Lord KRISHNA, (5) DROWPADI for Krishna as brother, (6) RUKMINI always worshiping Lord with TULASI, (7) Even SITA when she accompanied RAMA to forest, (8) SRI MAHALAKSHMI herself got the DWAYA MANTHRAM form Lord and many more. All the contexts SEVAI and Lord as the goal. The server is STHREE and the served is LORD. Here do not distingush as male / female. In MADHURA BHAKTI all our saints imagined them selves as STHREE and Lord as their destination /

goal.In our divyadesams - Now many of them are in poor condition. Still I see some places, the female sevai indirectly (serving the devotee and Koil), when we look at the diety and the priest "CHEERFUL" - clean, bright and peaceful. Chanting the MANTHRAS alone is not POOJA. Helping it in any way is in the purpose of Lord is also POOJA.Coming to LADIES who kew NAALAYIRAM and ALWARS so well, I think suitable forums are inadequate. However in their homes, families and near relations, they are probably honoured adeuately. As such religion is neglected in society from any promotional point of view. Religion nowadays has all distorted purposes. This is true for both males and females. Wishing all the best to ALL DEVOTEES~ Ever humble to all devotees - Peesapti V V S Chari~ web site - http://etemples. net

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Guest guest

- srinivasan sowmianarayanan

Dr.V.Sadagopan

Sunday, March 15, 2009 12:54 PM

Re: Re: participation of Ladies in Srivaishnava sampradayam

adiyEn is sorry for typo-error.

The last line should be:

In reality, there is only one MAN -- the Lord Who is PurushOthama. All others are female. (not male as stated earlier)

dAsan--- On Sun, 15/3/09, Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan wrote:

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappanRe: Re: participation of Ladies in Srivaishnava sampradayam"srinivasan sowmianarayanan" <vasans2004Sunday, 15 March, 2009, 9:14 PM

-

srinivasan sowmianarayanan

Oppiliappan

Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:33 AM

Re: Re: participation of Ladies in Srivaishnava sampradayam

SwAmin, Well written.

adiyEn would like to add if permitted. One should have performed poorva punyam to be born as a woman. As Swami has stated even Azhvars wanted to turn themselves to women to express their love for the Lord. NammAzvAr assumes the role of a mother, a daughter(Devi), and a Woman assistant -- (Sevili thAi) to sing his love for the Lord. Even then he does not come upto the level of SrI AndAL.

One must sing her Thirumozhi to realize the greatness of being a woman...

adiyEn feels that if our womenfolk understand this they can not be surpassed ever by menfolk.

But, due to ignorance and false dominance of men, our women are in difficulty. However, there have been many women who have shined as great devotees of the Lord surpassing male devotees.

In reality, there is only one MAN -- the Lord Who is PurushOthama. All others are male.

dAsan

anbil SrInivAsan---

, ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Guest guest

Respected sriman srinivasan sowminarayanan swamyI really enjoyed your note. I would like to make one correction in your last line instead of "male" it should be female. Lord Purushothaman is only purushaharathwam. All others are sri hi.Please pardon me if i am wrong in my words.S.THIRUNARAYANAN of Karappangadu--- On Sun, 15/3/09, srinivasan sowmianarayanan <vasans2004 wrote:srinivasan sowmianarayanan <vasans2004Re: Re: participation of Ladies in Srivaishnava sampradayamOppiliappan Date: Sunday, 15 March, 2009, 9:03 PM

SwAmin, Well written.

adiyEn would like to add if permitted. One should have performed poorva punyam to be born as a woman. As Swami has stated even Azhvars wanted to turn themselves to women to express their love for the Lord. NammAzvAr assumes the role of a mother, a daughter(Devi) , and a Woman assistant -- (Sevili thAi) to sing his love for the Lord. Even then he does not come upto the level of SrI AndAL.

One must sing her Thirumozhi to realize the greatness of being a woman..

dAsan

anbil SrInivAsan--- On Sun, 15/3/09, Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net> wrote:

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net> Re: participation of Ladies in Srivaishnava sampradayam"Ponnappan" <Oppiliappan>, "Sgt" <saranagathi>, "RB" <Raamabhakthi>Cc: "Srikanth Veeraraghavan" <hindusrikanth@ gmail.com>Sunday, 15 March, 2009, 7:19 PM

SrI:

V.Sadagopan

, "sridevispb" <sridevispb@ ...> wrote:>> Respected Swamins,> I have couple of questions running in my mind.> > 1.What are the duties prescribed for ladies in our sampradayam? ?> 2. Why there is no participation by ladies in any divyadesams? ? ( Even though there are many ladies who knows naalayiram) > 3. Are there any ladies in the history who did kainkaryam to divyadhambathis? ? ( after aandal naachiyar)> > I have learnt so much from our group messages. Hope my doubts are clarified. Thanks in advance for the same. > > Sridevi Suresh PB>------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -Dear Sridevi Suresh PB,Jai

Srimannarayana.Lord Ranganatha, Thayaar, Andal and the Alwars shall bless you with every thing great in life. I shall input some thoughts. Have careful reading and enjoy His will.1) Duties for Ladies -In Vaishnava phylosohy there are no Ladies and Gentlemen seperately. All jeevas are "STHREE SAMAM" equavalant to Ladies and PARAMATHMA is alone the PURUSHA, the ultimmate. Here the meaning is SEVAI and not sex descrimination. . The protector and the protected are mutually dependant. Similar to JEEVATHMA and PARAMAATHMA. The SEVAI (service) is between Lord and Devotee, Narayana and Piraatti, Acharya and Sushyan, Child and Mother (Mother serves the child), Parents and children, Husband and wife and so on. Looking in this context LADIES can do every thing and anything with SEVAI as the ultimate. The result is protection, knowledge, growth and love depending on context. However, LADIES have certain limitations imposed by nature

(Sareeradharmam) and at the same time they excel in giving LOVE as mother, sister, daughter and wife. Now you realise when SEVAI is the intention anything can be done. I will put even things like writing poetry, having nice chat, singing a song, assosciation with devotees, good word from learned men - ALL AS SEVAI and for the LORD RANGANATHA. Do whatever you can for the Lord and His Devotees. Why devotees, because Lord is not easily accessible / visible, but devotees and devotion can be seen and felt always. Even if you have Lord and have His glimses also at times, their duration is so small for charming that you can not serve at that point.2) Participation of Ladies in DIVYADESAMS -You have ANDAL above all. Andal has PERIYALWAR as foster father. Always in association of Lord VATAPATHRA SAI and devotional talk. She was helping in making MAALAI (Sevai). ANDAL was waring the garlands to see whether they properly suit on the Lord

and they are as beatiful as Lord. VISHNU CHITTAR was nervous, when he saw a hair in the Garland offered to God. But Lord clarified to Periyalwar in a dream that he preffered Garland worn by THAI ANDAL. All this emphasises SEVAI in its purest form. Nothing wrong should ever happen in Lord's context.Other female characters, we see in our scriptures from SEVAI point of view are (1) SABARI craving to see LORD RAMA, (2) Vakula ford Lord SRINIVASA, (3) YASODA while serving GOVINDA, (4) RAADHA for Lord KRISHNA, (5) DROWPADI for Krishna as brother, (6) RUKMINI always worshiping Lord with TULASI, (7) Even SITA when she accompanied RAMA to forest, (8) SRI MAHALAKSHMI herself got the DWAYA MANTHRAM form Lord and many more. All the contexts SEVAI and Lord as the goal. The server is STHREE and the served is LORD. Here do not distingush as male / female. In MADHURA BHAKTI all our saints imagined them selves as STHREE and Lord as their destination /

goal.In our divyadesams - Now many of them are in poor condition. Still I see some places, the female sevai indirectly (serving the devotee and Koil), when we look at the diety and the priest "CHEERFUL" - clean, bright and peaceful. Chanting the MANTHRAS alone is not POOJA. Helping it in any way is in the purpose of Lord is also POOJA.Coming to LADIES who kew NAALAYIRAM and ALWARS so well, I think suitable forums are inadequate. However in their homes, families and near relations, they are probably honoured adeuately. As such religion is neglected in society from any promotional point of view. Religion nowadays has all distorted purposes. This is true for both males and females. Wishing all the best to ALL DEVOTEES~ Ever humble to all devotees - Peesapti V V S Chari~ web site - http://etemples.

net

Guest guest

You are right Swamin. In fact adiyEn discovered the mistake soon after adiyEn received the posting back to me. And immediately adiyen sent the correction but probably it was late.

Whatever adiyen wrote was an inspiration after reading the original message. It is the making of the Divya Dampathi.

Regards,

dasan

anbil SrInivAsan--- On Mon, 16/3/09, thirunarayanan swamy iyengar <nanu_04011955 wrote:

thirunarayanan swamy iyengar <nanu_04011955Re: Re: participation of Ladies in Srivaishnava sampradayamOppiliappan Date: Monday, 16 March, 2009, 4:49 PM

Respected sriman srinivasan sowminarayanan swamyI really enjoyed your note. I would like to make one correction in your last line instead of "male" it should be female. Lord Purushothaman is only purushaharathwam. All others are sri hi.Please pardon me if i am wrong in my words.S.THIRUNARAYANAN of Karappangadu--- On Sun, 15/3/09, srinivasan sowmianarayanan <vasans2004 > wrote:

srinivasan sowmianarayanan <vasans2004 >Re: Re: participation of Ladies in Srivaishnava sampradayamOppiliappanSunday, 15 March, 2009, 9:03 PM

SwAmin, Well written.

adiyEn would like to add if permitted. One should have performed poorva punyam to be born as a woman. As Swami has stated even Azhvars wanted to turn themselves to women to express their love for the Lord. NammAzvAr assumes the role of a mother, a daughter(Devi) , and a Woman assistant -- (Sevili thAi) to sing his love for the Lord. Even then he does not come upto the level of SrI AndAL.

One must sing her Thirumozhi to realize the greatness of being a woman...

dAsan

anbil SrInivAsan--- On Sun, 15/3/09, Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net> wrote:

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net> Re: participation of Ladies in Srivaishnava sampradayam"Ponnappan" <Oppiliappan>, "Sgt" <saranagathi>, "RB" <Raamabhakthi>Cc: "Srikanth Veeraraghavan" <hindusrikanth@ gmail.com>Sunday, 15 March, 2009, 7:19 PM

SrI:

V.Sadagopan

, "sridevispb" <sridevispb@ ...> wrote:>> Respected Swamins,> I have couple of questions running in my mind.> > 1.What are the duties prescribed for ladies in our sampradayam? ?> 2. Why there is no participation by ladies in any divyadesams? ? ( Even though there are many ladies who knows naalayiram) > 3. Are there any ladies in the history who did kainkaryam to divyadhambathis? ? ( after aandal naachiyar)> > I have learnt so much from our group messages. Hope my doubts are clarified. Thanks in advance for the same. > > Sridevi Suresh PB>------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -Dear Sridevi Suresh PB,Jai Srimannarayana.Lord Ranganatha, Thayaar, Andal and the

Alwars shall bless you with every thing great in life. I shall input some thoughts. Have careful reading and enjoy His will.1) Duties for Ladies -In Vaishnava phylosohy there are no Ladies and Gentlemen seperately. All jeevas are "STHREE SAMAM" equavalant to Ladies and PARAMATHMA is alone the PURUSHA, the ultimmate. Here the meaning is SEVAI and not sex descrimination. . The protector and the protected are mutually dependant. Similar to JEEVATHMA and PARAMAATHMA. The SEVAI (service) is between Lord and Devotee, Narayana and Piraatti, Acharya and Sushyan, Child and Mother (Mother serves the child), Parents and children, Husband and wife and so on. Looking in this context LADIES can do every thing and anything with SEVAI as the ultimate. The result is protection, knowledge, growth and love depending on context. However, LADIES have certain limitations imposed by nature (Sareeradharmam) and at the same time they excel in giving LOVE

as mother, sister, daughter and wife. Now you realise when SEVAI is the intention anything can be done. I will put even things like writing poetry, having nice chat, singing a song, assosciation with devotees, good word from learned men - ALL AS SEVAI and for the LORD RANGANATHA. Do whatever you can for the Lord and His Devotees. Why devotees, because Lord is not easily accessible / visible, but devotees and devotion can be seen and felt always. Even if you have Lord and have His glimses also at times, their duration is so small for charming that you can not serve at that point.2) Participation of Ladies in DIVYADESAMS -You have ANDAL above all. Andal has PERIYALWAR as foster father. Always in association of Lord VATAPATHRA SAI and devotional talk. She was helping in making MAALAI (Sevai). ANDAL was waring the garlands to see whether they properly suit on the Lord and they are as beatiful as Lord. VISHNU CHITTAR was nervous, when

he saw a hair in the Garland offered to God. But Lord clarified to Periyalwar in a dream that he preffered Garland worn by THAI ANDAL. All this emphasises SEVAI in its purest form. Nothing wrong should ever happen in Lord's context.Other female characters, we see in our scriptures from SEVAI point of view are (1) SABARI craving to see LORD RAMA, (2) Vakula ford Lord SRINIVASA, (3) YASODA while serving GOVINDA, (4) RAADHA for Lord KRISHNA, (5) DROWPADI for Krishna as brother, (6) RUKMINI always worshiping Lord with TULASI, (7) Even SITA when she accompanied RAMA to forest, (8) SRI MAHALAKSHMI herself got the DWAYA MANTHRAM form Lord and many more. All the contexts SEVAI and Lord as the goal. The server is STHREE and the served is LORD. Here do not distingush as male / female. In MADHURA BHAKTI all our saints imagined them selves as STHREE and Lord as their destination / goal.In our divyadesams - Now many of them are in poor condition.

Still I see some places, the female sevai indirectly (serving the devotee and Koil), when we look at the diety and the priest "CHEERFUL" - clean, bright and peaceful. Chanting the MANTHRAS alone is not POOJA. Helping it in any way is in the purpose of Lord is also POOJA.Coming to LADIES who kew NAALAYIRAM and ALWARS so well, I think suitable forums are inadequate. However in their homes, families and near relations, they are probably honoured adeuately. As such religion is neglected in society from any promotional point of view. Religion nowadays has all distorted purposes. This is true for both males and females. Wishing all the best to ALL DEVOTEES~ Ever humble to all devotees - Peesapti V V S Chari~ web site - http://etemples. net