IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

doubt on bhudha avataram

Rate this topic

Guest guest

srimathe ramanujaya namaha namo narayana ananthakoti dhandangal to all bagavathas .In srivaishnanavm.org i saw some writings about budha avataram In that its been told the budha avataram is not goutama budha tht people are following now .its some other budha .Bagavatham and many scriptures talk abt budha avataram.. My doubt is If it is not this goutama budha who is tht budha ?I just dont want the name as mentioned in website . .If we are capable of telling he is not the one we should also be able to tell who is that?? when he lived ??why he is considered as lord avataram ..what leela's he did ?any pramanams for telling he is not goutama budha..and also pramanams for the budha mentioned . If we are not able to tell which budha he is ,when he lived ?,wat he did ?,or any pramanams? ,we should

not tell it is not goutama budha with full confidence . I am not challenging anything here ..its my long time doubt which is disturbing me . adiyen srisaila ramanuja dasan

Guest guest

Dear Swamin:It is said "avataaraa: asankhyEya:" meaning that the Avataras taken by the lord are countless.

Over 48 Avataras have been identified of which 10 are considered to be major ones (Dasa Avataras) while others are considered auxiliary avataras.

Paancharaatra Samhita lists 39 avtaras.

Swami Desikan mentions "thirty and odd" in "Tattva Traya Chintana Adhikaara" of his "Srimad Rahasya Traya Saaram"

Most of these avtaras have been described in Paancha Raatra Samhita.

The Puranic Buddha in question is called "Aadhi Buddha" and is found described in Matsya PuraaNa (47.247), Bhaaagavta PuraaNa (1.3.24),

Bhavishya PuraaNa ( 3.1.6) and Agni PuraaNa (6). You may have to go through the stories in the respective PuraaNas and the Paancha Raatra

Samhita, if you need greater details about this Pre-historic "Aadhi Buddha"

Thus, he is totally different from the Post-Puranic, "historical" Buddha known as "Siddhaartha" and "Gautama Buddha"

Hope this clarifies.

Dasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy

andavan ; lordsrinivasa ; ; ramanuja ; From: shalu_holyDate: Wed, 28 May 2008 05:27:16 -0700 doubt on bhudha avataram

srimathe ramanujaya namaha

namo narayana

ananthakoti dhandangal to all bagavathas .In srivaishnanavm.org i saw some writings about budha avataram

In that its been told the budha avataram is not goutama budha tht people are following now .its some other budha .Bagavatham and many scriptures talk abt budha avataram..

My doubt is If it is not this goutama budha who is tht budha ?I just dont want the name as mentioned in website .

.If we are capable of telling he is not the one we should also be able to tell who is that?? when he lived ??why he is considered as lord avataram ..what leela's he did ?any pramanams for telling he is not goutama budha..and also pramanams for the budha mentioned .

If we are not able to tell which budha he is ,when he lived ?,wat he did ?,or any pramanams? ,we should not tell it is not goutama budha with full confidence .

I am not challenging anything here ..its my long time doubt which is disturbing me .

adiyen

srisaila ramanuja dasan