unable to will be understood by your

Pithrus .

The totally unmangabale situation there regarding the performance

of SrArdham in a foreign land of the kind that you describe

will be faced by more and more aasthikAs as they move around

for their careers . One can take the SrArdham related materials ,

mantrams , purchase rice and vegetables locally and do it .That is

one option .

The next option is to travel to nearby nations ( may not be practical)

such as Singapore , where there are temples and priests . Some take home

leave around the SrArddham time .

Other than that , Please do the srardham at the first available/

allowed days on return home.

On the day , if you can stay at home , perform your regular pooja ,

offer some fruits and food to the Lord and partake of it . Study of

Sri VishNu sahasra Naamam is always good .

Sri Vaasu VaadhyAr might have additional things to say on this .

V.Sadagopan

Acting Moderator

---- Original Message -----

" hari_082005 " <hari_082005

<vaideekam >

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:02 AM

[Vaideekam] Devasam - Reg.

> Dear Members,

>

> Coming Sunday (15/04/2007) is my mother's 7th Devasam and I'm at

> China. Of course, my wife has planned to do something at Chennai,

> after discussing with our Family Vadhyar.

>

> I don't get anything here at China (not even a sigle flower.) Not a

> single Vadhyar. With a lot of difficulty, I'm managing to be a

> Vegetarian here. I request the learned members to advise me what can I

> do here, other than praying from the bottom of my heart for forgiving

> me for my inabiity.

>

> Other than this, can I do some simple Pooja (I bought small Vinayaga

> and Sivalinga with me when I came to China) to the Gods and Pray.

>

> Pl. Advise me.

>

> Dasanu Dasan

> Dr. Hari Krishna

Guest guest

Hari,I can understand your sentiments and concern.My sincere suggestion is to some how purchase Vazhaikkai, some Rice, if possible jaggery (vellam), any roots (eg.sepan kizhangu). Please hander over the same to some brahmin family around yours known circle at china, by thinking Almighty and Mother. She will always understand and bless you.Adiyen,Prasannahari_082005 <hari_082005 wrote: Dear Members, Coming Sunday (15/04/2007) is my mother's 7th Devasam and I'm at China.

Of course, my wife has planned to do something at Chennai, after discussing with our Family Vadhyar. I don't get anything here at China (not even a sigle flower.) Not a single Vadhyar. With a lot of difficulty, I'm managing to be a Vegetarian here. I request the learned members to advise me what can I do here, other than praying from the bottom of my heart for forgiving me for my inabiity. Other than this, can I do some simple Pooja (I bought small Vinayaga and Sivalinga with me when I came to China) to the Gods and Pray. Pl. Advise me. Dasanu Dasan Dr. Hari Krishna

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Mail Q&A for great tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

Dear Dr. Hari Krishna and other learned Swamins, I empathise with Dr. Hari Krishna and his situation. Such situations happen not only when we we move out our country, but even within our own country, when we get posted at remote places where you have absolutely no contacts with Sri Vaishnavas and the possibility of moving to another city where some or the other Swamins are available is also remove, in many situations, especially when you are stuck up with job related emergencies. As per my very learned Father, when one could not perform Sharadham on the identified day, he could do it either the next day or when even that is not possible, it could be performed on the next Krishna Paksha Ashtami, Ekadasi or Amavasya. When it is likely that, as in the case of Dr. Hari Krishna, one is stuck up for a long time at a remote place, such persons need to equip themselves, as

Dr. Satagopa chariar has suggested, with all the needed Manta books and materials and perform the Shradham at their own place on the appointed day. Generally we need to perform Shradham with three Bhokas, one each for the Sthanams of Visvedar, Pitru Pitamaha Prapitamaha and for Vishnu. But these days, the first and the third Sthanams are done by Avahanam and only one Bhoka is invited to fill the sthanam of Pitru Pitamaha Prapithamaha. Now in a situation as that of Dr. Hari Krishna, one need to perform the Shradham even by avahanam of Pitru Pitamaha Prapitamaha. In other words, if one is equipped with the Mantras and the Materials, one can go through all the procedures of Shradham with invocation for all the three Sthanams. This appears to be the most practical solution than not performing the Shradham at all. I would be grateful if the above suggestion could be commented upon by the learned Swamins of this

Group. Dasan Raghunathan"Dr. Sadagopan" <yennappan wrote: SrI:Dear Dr. Hari Krishna :The very thought that you want so badly toperform the Sraardham and that you areunable to will be understood by yourPithrus .The totally unmangabale situation there regarding the performance of SrArdham in a foreign land of the kind that you describe will be faced by more and more aasthikAs as they move around for their careers . One

can take the SrArdham related materials ,mantrams , purchase rice and vegetables locally and do it .That isone option .The next option is to travel to nearby nations ( may not be practical)such as Singapore , where there are temples and priests . Some take home leave around the SrArddham time . Other than that , Please do the srardham at the first available/allowed days on return home. On the day , if you can stay at home , perform your regular pooja ,offer some fruits and food to the Lord and partake of it . Study ofSri VishNu sahasra Naamam is always good .Sri Vaasu VaadhyAr might have additional things to say on this .V.Sadagopan Acting Moderator ---- Original Message ----- "hari_082005" <hari_082005 (AT) (DOT) co.in><vaideekam >Sent:

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:02 AM[Vaideekam] Devasam - Reg.> Dear Members,> > Coming Sunday (15/04/2007) is my mother's 7th Devasam and I'm at > China. Of course, my wife has planned to do something at Chennai, > after discussing with our Family Vadhyar.> > I don't get anything here at China (not even a sigle flower.) Not a > single Vadhyar. With a lot of difficulty, I'm managing to be a > Vegetarian here. I request the learned members to advise me what can I > do here, other than praying from the bottom of my heart for forgiving > me for my inabiity.> > Other than this, can I do some simple Pooja (I bought small Vinayaga > and Sivalinga with me when I came to China) to the Gods and Pray.> > Pl. Advise me.> > Dasanu Dasan> Dr. Hari Krishna

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.

Guest guest

Dear Shri.Harikrishnanji,In one of the rare guidance Shri.Mukkur Lakshminarasimhachariyar stated that even if one holding a handful of til (ell) and pray to the pithrus stating that Oh! pithrus this is all i have to offer to you now ; pls take it and bless me .Spread the til in the outskirts so praying . It is ok .Im the difficult circumstance that you are in this is the only recourse.How you have understood.regardsS.SoundararajanDr. Sadagopan <yennappanTo:

vaideekam Cc: Ponnappan <Oppiliappan >Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:30:20 PM Re: [Vaideekam] Devasam - Reg.

SrI:

Dear Dr. Hari Krishna :

The very thought that you want so badly to

perform the Sraardham and that you are

unable to will be understood by your

Pithrus .

The totally unmangabale situation there regarding the performance

of SrArdham in a foreign land of the kind that you describe

will be faced by more and more aasthikAs as they move around

for their careers . One can take the SrArdham related materials ,

mantrams , purchase rice and vegetables locally and do it .That is

one option .

The next option is to travel to nearby nations ( may not be practical)

such as Singapore , where there are temples and priests . Some take home

leave around the SrArddham time .

Other than that , Please do the srardham at the first available/

allowed days on return home.

On the day , if you can stay at home , perform your regular pooja ,

offer some fruits and food to the Lord and partake of it . Study of

Sri VishNu sahasra Naamam is always good .

Sri Vaasu VaadhyAr might have additional things to say on this .

V.Sadagopan

Acting Moderator

---- Original Message -----

"hari_082005" <hari_082005@ .co. in>

<vaideekam@grou ps.com>

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:02 AM

[Vaideekam] Devasam - Reg.

> Dear Members,

>

> Coming Sunday (15/04/2007) is my mother's 7th Devasam and I'm at

> China. Of course, my wife has planned to do something at Chennai,

> after discussing with our Family Vadhyar.

>

> I don't get anything here at China (not even a sigle flower.) Not a

> single Vadhyar. With a lot of difficulty, I'm managing to be a

> Vegetarian here. I request the learned members to advise me what can I

> do here, other than praying from the bottom of my heart for forgiving

> me for my inabiity.

>

> Other than this, can I do some simple Pooja (I bought small Vinayaga

> and Sivalinga with me when I came to China) to the Gods and Pray.

>

> Pl. Advise me.

>

> Dasanu Dasan

> Dr. Hari Krishna

Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

Guest guest

Dear Dr. Hari,

I once read in Kuraiyondrum Illai (Vol - I / II). In that Book, Mukkur Lakshmi Narasimachar explains about the situation of Inability to do like this. That is as follows:

" Go to the Open Ground and just say Loud (as atleast your ear can hear) the same thing (your Situation) with Open Hands (as Showing that when we are going to get a thing) to your Mother so she get Satisfied as that you done the Devasam " .

Place esp. outside the town near by river is preferable.

This is the Sastram prescribe for us when we are not able to donate or give anything to our forefathers.

Hope all of the Blessings you will get.

And read / Sing / Listen Vishnu Sahasra Nama after doing the above one as per Dr. V.Sadagopan Avl. This will purify everything.

Best wishes,

Ganesh.JMb. No# +91 98406 32123

On 11 Apr 2007 07:56:10 -0700, hari_082005 <hari_082005 wrote:

Dear Members,Coming Sunday (15/04/2007) is my mother's 7th Devasam and I'm at China. Of course, my wife has planned to do something at Chennai, after discussing with our Family Vadhyar.

I don't get anything here at China (not even a sigle flower.) Not a single Vadhyar. With a lot of difficulty, I'm managing to be a Vegetarian here. I request the learned members to advise me what can I

do here, other than praying from the bottom of my heart for forgiving me for my inabiity.Other than this, can I do some simple Pooja (I bought small Vinayaga and Sivalinga with me when I came to China) to the Gods and Pray.

Pl. Advise me.Dasanu DasanDr. Hari Krishna

Guest guest

On the Sraaddham day , pay to your pithrus and The Lord to forgive youfor not doing the Sraddham in the manner prescribed in the Saastras.Also observe Upavaasam (fasting) on that day.

It is Sraddha which ismore important in Sraddham than any other thing.

On return to India ,you can do Praayaschithams in consultation with your Bruhaspathiswamy.

Dasan,

Ilayavilli S Boovarahan

Quoting hari_082005:

> Dear Members,

Coming Sunday(15/04/2007) is my mother's 7th Devasam and I'm at

China. Of course,my wife has planned to do something at Chennai,

after discussing withour Family Vadhyar.

I don't get anything here at China (not even asigle flower.) Not a

single Vadhyar. With a lot of difficulty, I'mmanaging to be a

Vegetarian here. I request the learned members toadvise me what can I

do here, other than praying from the bottom of myheart for forgiving

me for my inabiity.

Other than this, can I dosome simple Pooja (I bought small Vinayaga

and Sivalinga with me whenI came to China) to the Gods and Pray.

Pl. Advise me.

DasanuDasan

Dr. Hari Krishna

Celebrate Varusha Pirappu, Vishu, Baisakhi and Nabo Barsh with these Bawarchi Special Recipes .

Complete Coverage of the ICC World Cup '07! Log on to www.sify.com/khel for latest updates, expert columns, schedule, desktop scorecard, photo galleries and more!

For the Expert view of the ICC World Cup log on to www.sify.com/khel. Read exclusive interviews with Sachin, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Sreesanth, Expert Columns by Gavaskar, Web chat with Dhoni and more!

Guest guest

Dear Vaideekas, I'm very happy that I received many advises and all of them are mostly same, with very slight differences. These advises are only keeping our Tradition alive even in remote places like the one where I stay (at Baiyun near Guangzhou, where only two foreigners are living and Im the only Indian here. - Of course a lot of Indians are staying at Guangzhou - the main city.) Regarding one advise I received on Sharaddham, I request the learned members express their view on it: One of our respected members Sree Mann . Venkat Chari has mentioned that "Your wife is not an adhikari to perform it." - Regarding this I have a small doubt. In "Sree Valmiki Ramayana" it has been mentioned that, Sree Sita Pratti did Sharaddam (at Gaya) and offered Pindam to his Father In Law - Dasaradhar (as Sree Rama came a little late) and Dasaradha and the Pithrus

also accepted the same. Im not an expert in Vaideekams like most of our learned members. However, I like to update myself, so that one day I also will be in a position to help our members, from the knowledge I am gaining from our learned and experienced members. If there is any thing wrong or any mistake, request the learned members to aplologize me and accept my sincere prostrations. Also, it is not that I want to confront the learned Sree Maan Venkat Chari. It is out of my ignorance and my ambition to clarify my doubt, Im asking this. Request learned Sree Maan Venkat Chari to excuse me if I have offended him by any means. Dasanu Dasan Dr. Hari Krishnavenkat chari <venkigopu wrote: SrI:Hari,1. You may send tarpa grass (3) to a

Vadhyar and request him to perform the sraddham on behalf of you. If you don't have enough time to send now, please send them. A missed sraddham can be performed with a prayaschittam mantram on a krishna paksha Ekadasi and Amavasyai day only2. A friend of mine used to observe fasting on that day.Once Sri Vasu Vadhyar suggested this in Vaideekam list: You cook food and offer to Perumal. Then partake the food.Your wife is not an adhikari to perform it. You may request her to offer cooked food or annadhanam to poor brahmins on that day. You could oberserve fastingon that day.After your return to India, please do perform the missed sraddham on amavasyai day. dasan.hari_082005 <hari_082005 wrote: Dear Members,Coming Sunday (15/04/2007) is my mother's 7th Devasam and I'm at China. Of course, my wife has planned to do something at Chennai, after discussing with our Family Vadhyar.I don't get anything here at China (not even a sigle flower.) Not a single Vadhyar. With a lot of difficulty, I'm managing to be a Vegetarian here. I request the learned members to advise me what can I do here, other than praying from the bottom of my heart for forgiving me for my inabiity.Other than this, can I do some simple Pooja (I bought small Vinayaga and Sivalinga with me when I came to China) to the Gods and Pray.Pl. Advise me.Dasanu DasanDr. Hari

Krishna 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut.

Check out what you're missing if you're not on Messenger