IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Pithurlogam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

NamaskaramDear all, I am here presenting a question and slightly confused mind. This may be unnecessary but I want to share this with everyone. We had an healthy discussion of karma re-birth and prapathi etc. Ok now I had landed up into different question- So after death a soul attains moksham or swargam or re-birth to subtract its karma. Ok then what is pithurlogam?Who will be there then. When our ancestors and parents die either they make take a rebirth or moksham or swargam, then who will reside in Pithur logam. Why we end up again in bad karma if we dont do the proper rituals to them even after years after their death?It is just a question out of doubt but not questioning our rituals, even I strongly believe in those!Plse do clear my doubt.regards

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Guest guest

Lord Krishna says in bhagavad gita

yanti deva vrtan devan (if you worship demi gods, you will go to deva lokas)

pitrn yanti pitrn vrtan (you will go to pitrulokam, if you worship the ancestors)

butejya yanti buteshu (you will go to loka of ghosts, lower worlds, if you worship ghosts)

mad yaji no api yanti mam (BUT, you will come to my loka, if you worship ME - this is called moksham)

all the upper worlds are called svarga loka

all the lower worlds are called naraka loka

the middle worlds (earthly) is called martya loka

from bhagavad gita we get information that Aryama is the head of pitruloka.

bhagavad gita says,

urdhvam gacchanti satvastva (you will go upwards if you are in sattva guna)

madhye thistanti rajasa (you will stay in the middle if you are in rajo guna)

adho gachanti tamasa (you will go downward if you are in tamo guna)

therefore, from above references, we can say that pitrulokam is a place in higher regions, but it necessarily need not be deva loka.

also my understanding is that, deva lokas start only after siddhaloka (where perfected beings stay)

hope this explains

your servant

Siva Rama Krishna--- On Wed, 9/12/09, Sindhu Sarathi <sindhusarathi wrote:

Sindhu Sarathi <sindhusarathi Pithurlogam Date: Wednesday, 9 December, 2009, 11:37 AM

NamaskaramDear all, I am here presenting a question and slightly confused mind. This may be unnecessary but I want to share this with everyone. We had an healthy discussion of karma re-birth and prapathi etc. Ok now I had landed up into different question- So after death a soul attains moksham or swargam or re-birth to subtract its karma. Ok then what is pithurlogam?Who will be there then. When our ancestors and parents die either they make take a rebirth or moksham or swargam, then who will reside in Pithur logam. Why we end up again in bad karma if we dont do the proper rituals to them even after years after their death?It is just a question out of doubt but not questioning our rituals, even I strongly believe in those!Plse do clear my doubt.regards

Guest guest

Dear Mrs.Sindhu Satathi,

When a person dies he/she first go to Pitrloka and reside there for 12 human years.1 Human month is = 1 day for the Pitrs.So, 1 Human year (i.e.) Solar year = 12 days for Pitrs in Pitrloka, from where later the Pitrs go either to Svarga( i.e.) Devaloka, or Naraka or attain Moksha or are reborn on earth based on their Karma.The Son has to perform the Vedic rites for his Pitrs.A person who begets son is saved fromthe Hell Put for this very reason.If a person has no son he will go to the Put, the hell.That is why a Son is called PUTRAH meaning One who saves his parents from Put, the hell.

Yours sincerly,

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN.

Sindhu Sarathi <sindhusarathi Sent: Wed, December 9, 2009 11:37:57 AM Pithurlogam

Guest guest

Dear SS,

PitRu lokam is the intermittent abode for people waiting to return

(re-birth), after they have relished their share of svargam as well as

put up with their share of narakam. PitRu lokam is also the place the

realized souls (yogis) who depart in the dakshiNAyanam six months

directly go to.

Obviously, yogis will not have to pass through narakam and svargam. If

they had departed during UttarayaNa they would have attained mokSHam.

Prapannas directly attain mokSHam irrespective of when they depart. The

moment one attains mokSHam, they are not pitRus anymore. All the

shraaddhams and tarpaNams were from a by gone era when the mokSHam was

not yet considered or discovered. Those are vestigial rites and are

valid if at all for only people who are not liberated. Many still do it

seriously in the name of tradition and duty- with the belief that the

PitRus will be pleased and they will bless the karthas and their

family. These are people who do not have sufficient faith in the Lord's

promise- yogakSHemam vahAmyaham or perhaps too much faith in vestigial

traditions. Also we have been grilled by our elders that we have to do

them. We behave like Arjuna of first chapter of Gita. He was also

submerged in shraaddhams and tarpaNams- and ancestors not redeemed and

stay in narakam for long time.

It is time we did shraaddham to shraaddham and tarpaNam to tarpaNam ad

never let them raise their head again.

Remember, even the shraaddha priyas are only doing it as duty and

making it as an offering to the supreme. This is the attitude we should

have for anything we do- washing car or sweeping the house.

KST

Sindhu Sarathi <sindhusarathi

Wed, Dec 9, 2009 1:07 am

Pithurlogam

Namaskaram

Dear all,

I am here presenting a question and slightly confused mind. This may

be unnecessary but I want to share this with everyone. We had an

healthy discussion of karma re-birth and prapathi etc.  Ok now I had

landed up into different question- So after death a soul attains

moksham or swargam or re-birth to subtract its karma. Ok then what is

pithurlogam?

Who will be there then. When our ancestors and parents die either they

make take a rebirth or moksham or swargam, then who will reside in

Pithur logam. Why we end up again in bad karma if we dont do the proper

rituals to them even after years after their death?

It is just a question out of doubt but not questioning our rituals,

even I strongly  believe in those!

Plse do clear my doubt.

regards

---------------------------

Guest guest

Namaskaram,I heartily thank the members who had given reply to my doubt. According to Vaishnavisim people who breathe their last on ekadasi day and whose body is cremated on dvadasi day are considered as puniya atma and attains moksha immediately- is that applicable for all ekadasi days or only Vaikunda ekadai?Please do not consider this as a very sickening question. Certain dolubts I had which I need to clear. But some elderly people in our house get angry when I ask becoz they doesnt want me to think these things! They dont even answer when I ask doubt in Guruda puranam and dont encourage me reading it. They feel it as unauspicious! But these questions also play a role in attaining Lord right? Thats why I am presenting these questions hereregardsKoti Sreekrishna <tatachar Sent: Thu, 10 December, 2009 7:03:48 AMRe: Pithurlogam

Dear SS,

PitRu lokam is the intermittent abode for people waiting to return

(re-birth), after they have relished their share of svargam as well as

put up with their share of narakam. PitRu lokam is also the place the

realized souls (yogis) who depart in the dakshiNAyanam six months

directly go to.

Obviously, yogis will not have to pass through narakam and svargam. If

they had departed during UttarayaNa they would have attained mokSHam.

Prapannas directly attain mokSHam irrespective of when they depart. The

moment one attains mokSHam, they are not pitRus anymore. All the

shraaddhams and tarpaNams were from a by gone era when the mokSHam was

not yet considered or discovered. Those are vestigial rites and are

valid if at all for only people who are not liberated. Many still do it

seriously in the name of tradition and duty- with the belief that the

PitRus will be pleased and they will bless the karthas and their

family. These are people who do not have sufficient faith in the Lord's

promise- yogakSHemam vahAmyaham or perhaps too much faith in vestigial

traditions. Also we have been grilled by our elders that we have to do

them. We behave like Arjuna of first chapter of Gita. He was also

submerged in shraaddhams and tarpaNams- and ancestors not redeemed and

stay in narakam for long time.

It is time we did shraaddham to shraaddham and tarpaNam to tarpaNam ad

never let them raise their head again.

Remember, even the shraaddha priyas are only doing it as duty and

making it as an offering to the supreme. This is the attitude we should

have for anything we do- washing car or sweeping the house.

KST

Sindhu Sarathi <sindhusarathi@ >

Wed, Dec 9, 2009 1:07 am

Pithurlogam

Namaskaram

Dear all,

I am here presenting a question and slightly confused mind. This may

be unnecessary but I want to share this with everyone. We had an

healthy discussion of karma re-birth and prapathi etc. Ok now I had

landed up into different question- So after death a soul attains

moksham or swargam or re-birth to subtract its karma. Ok then what is

pithurlogam?

Who will be there then. When our ancestors and parents die either they

make take a rebirth or moksham or swargam, then who will reside in

Pithur logam. Why we end up again in bad karma if we dont do the proper

rituals to them even after years after their death?

It is just a question out of doubt but not questioning our rituals,

even I strongly believe in those!

Plse do clear my doubt.

regards

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Guest guest

Dear Swamin

Doesthis mean that those who do not have a son forefeits the right to go to Swarga .It is not in the hand of indiviaduals to have a son .What do sastras say in r/ of those who beget only a daughter and what are the rules for those who beget only daughters .Pl enlighten me as my only daughter treats me more than a mere father and is always affectionate and does not any single problem to be visited upon me .Any solutions swamin in r/o cursed souls like me who are anot blessed witha son

Ramaswamy Iyengar

Venkata krishnan <bcvk71 ; Thirunarayanan K.Raghavan <kkthiru; Pavitra Ramanujam <pavitrar; HJS Chennai <chennaihjs; Kashinath Shetti <hjschennai; Eswaran R.K. <eswaran_ar; Ponnappan <oppiliappan >; Thiruppavaiandazvarsukthisgroup <thiruppavaiandazvarsukthis >; BCVENKATAKRISHNANNewsListgroup <bcvenkatakrishnannewslist >; Ramanuja-Desika Group <ramanuja-desika >; Ramayanaofvalmikiandkambangroup <ramayanaofvalmikiandkamban >; fhrs_usa ; USBrahmins Group <usbrahmins >; ; Vedantauniversalgroup <vedantauniversal >; Vedichistorygroup

Wed, 9 December, 2009 7:32:56 PMRe: Pithurlogam

Dear Mrs.Sindhu Satathi,

When a person dies he/she first go to Pitrloka and reside there for 12 human years.1 Human month is = 1 day for the Pitrs.So, 1 Human year (i.e.) Solar year = 12 days for Pitrs in Pitrloka, from where later the Pitrs go either to Svarga( i.e.) Devaloka, or Naraka or attain Moksha or are reborn on earth based on their Karma.The Son has to perform the Vedic rites for his Pitrs.A person who begets son is saved fromthe Hell Put for this very reason.If a person has no son he will go to the Put, the hell.That is why a Son is called PUTRAH meaning One who saves his parents from Put, the hell.

Yours sincerly,

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN .

Sindhu Sarathi <sindhusarathi@ >Wed, December 9, 2009 11:37:57 AM Pithurlogam

Guest guest

sir

the vedas insist that every one should give birth to atleast one son. for this the vedas itself gives the procedure. with a mood of deep worship towards Lord Vishnu, one should co populate with his wife on even days of the menustral cycle. then the outcome of such is a male child.

what ever it may be...if one places his consciousness on Krsna at the time of death, he will go to vaikunta (moksham) which is far beyond the mundane svarga loka.--- On Thu, 10/12/09, Srinivasan Ramaswamy <kaushram wrote:

Srinivasan Ramaswamy <kaushramRe: Pithurlogam Date: Thursday, 10 December, 2009, 1:19 PM

Dear Swamin

Doesthis mean that those who do not have a son forefeits the right to go to Swarga .It is not in the hand of indiviaduals to have a son .What do sastras say in r/ of those who beget only a daughter and what are the rules for those who beget only daughters .Pl enlighten me as my only daughter treats me more than a mere father and is always affectionate and does not any single problem to be visited upon me .Any solutions swamin in r/o cursed souls like me who are anot blessed witha son

Ramaswamy Iyengar

Venkata krishnan <bcvk71 >; Thirunarayanan K.Raghavan <kkthiru (AT) gmail (DOT) com>; Pavitra Ramanujam <pavitrar (AT) gmail (DOT) com>; HJS Chennai <chennaihjs (AT) gmail (DOT) com>; Kashinath Shetti <hjschennai (AT) gmail (DOT) com>; Eswaran R.K. <eswaran_ar >; Ponnappan <oppiliappan>; Thiruppavaiandazvar sukthisgroup <thiruppavaiandazvar sukthis@gro ups.com>; BCVENKATAKRISHNANNe wsListgroup <bcvenkatakrishnanne wslist@grou ps.com>; Ramanuja-Desika Group <ramanuja-desika>; Ramayanaofvalmikian dkambangroup <ramayanaofvalmikian dkamban@gro ups.com>; fhrs_usa@ s.com; USBrahmins Group <usbrahmins@gro ups.com>; ; Vedantauniversalgro up <vedantauniversal>;

Vedichistorygroup <>Wed, 9 December, 2009 7:32:56 PMRe: Pithurlogam

Dear Mrs.Sindhu Satathi,

Yours sincerly,

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN .

Guest guest

Friends

Why go in to such issues when you are alive be happy and enjoy your life instead of spending time on

such reserch Who knows whether some one goes to hell or heaven Do  good things to others and be happy

is my view These were created and told only to put people in the right direction to live happily and not for

any thing Only when we give some sastra reason we tend to follow them otherwise we ignore

GURUSWAMY K

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Venkata krishnan <bcvk71 wrote:

Dear Mrs.Sindhu Satathi,

When a person dies he/she first go to Pitrloka and reside there for 12 human years.1 Human month is = 1 day for the Pitrs.So, 1 Human year (i.e.) Solar year = 12 days for Pitrs in Pitrloka, from where later the Pitrs go either to Svarga( i.e.) Devaloka, or Naraka or attain Moksha or are reborn on earth based on their Karma.The Son has to perform the Vedic rites for his Pitrs.A person who begets  son is saved fromthe Hell Put for this very reason.If a person has no son he will go to the Put, the hell.That is why a Son is called PUTRAH meaning One who saves his parents from Put, the hell.

Yours sincerly,

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN.

Sindhu Sarathi <sindhusarathi

Wed, December 9, 2009 11:37:57 AM Pithurlogam 

NamaskaramDear all, I am here presenting a question and slightly confused mind. This may be unnecessary but I want to share this with everyone. We had an healthy discussion of karma re-birth and prapathi etc.  Ok now I had landed up into different question- So after death a soul attains moksham or swargam or re-birth to subtract its karma. Ok then what is pithurlogam?

Who will be there then. When our ancestors and parents die either they make take a rebirth or moksham or swargam, then who will reside in Pithur logam. Why we end up again in bad karma if we dont do the proper rituals to them even after years after their death?

It is just a question out of doubt but not questioning our rituals, even I strongly  believe in those!Plse do clear my doubt.regards

-- Guruswamy K

Guest guest

Dear Swamin,

Having a daughter only is not cursed one. All are given by Bagavan, and you need not worry about it. Only our good deeds take us to Him, and Lord Krishna in the Gita says, mAm Ekam saranam vraja- means do saranagathi to me and I will take care. So please don't worry and thank the Lord for giving such a wonderful daughter, who takes care of you.

adiyEn

rAman rAmanuja dAsan--- On Thu, 10/12/09, Srinivasan Ramaswamy <kaushram wrote:

Srinivasan Ramaswamy <kaushramRe: Pithurlogam Date: Thursday, 10 December, 2009, 13:19

Dear Swamin

Ramaswamy Iyengar

Venkata krishnan <bcvk71 >; Thirunarayanan K.Raghavan <kkthiru (AT) gmail (DOT) com>; Pavitra Ramanujam <pavitrar (AT) gmail (DOT) com>; HJS Chennai <chennaihjs (AT) gmail (DOT) com>; Kashinath Shetti <hjschennai (AT) gmail (DOT) com>; Eswaran R.K. <eswaran_ar >; Ponnappan <oppiliappan>; Thiruppavaiandazvar sukthisgroup <thiruppavaiandazvar sukthis@gro ups.com>; BCVENKATAKRISHNANNe wsListgroup <bcvenkatakrishnanne wslist@grou ps.com>; Ramanuja-Desika Group <ramanuja-desika>; Ramayanaofvalmikian dkambangroup <ramayanaofvalmikian dkamban@gro ups.com>; fhrs_usa@ s.com; USBrahmins Group <usbrahmins@gro ups.com>; ; Vedantauniversalgro up <vedantauniversal>;

Dear Mrs.Sindhu Satathi,

Yours sincerly,

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN .

Guest guest

Namaskaram to all,I just want to convey my apologies becoz the question I presented was in my mind for a longtime. Maybe from the day I missed my father. Being a daughter I shouldnt have made others feel for it.so plse forget this question and we will just go to our normal topics.

please!!regards

Dear Swamin,

Having a daughter only is not cursed one. All are given by Bagavan, and you need not worry about it. Only our good deeds take us to Him, and Lord Krishna in the Gita says, mAm Ekam saranam vraja- means do saranagathi to me and I will take care. So please don't worry and thank the Lord for giving such a wonderful daughter, who takes care of you.

adiyEn

rAman rAmanuja dAsan--- On Thu, 10/12/09, Srinivasan Ramaswamy <kaushram > wrote:

Srinivasan Ramaswamy <kaushram >Re: PithurlogamThursday, 10 December, 2009, 13:19

Dear Swamin

Ramaswamy Iyengar

Dear Mrs.Sindhu Satathi,

Yours sincerly,

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN .

Guest guest

The forum is meant for exchange of views and getting our doubts cleared from learned swamins who are members of the group. Hence your question and the doubt is quite valid and would enlighten the knowledge with the expert opinions of the learned ones.adiyenS.V.Krishnan

18 Thiruvengadam Street Extensions

East Raja Annamalaipuram

Chennai 600028

Landline 24617660

mobile 99400 95670 From: sindhusarathiDate: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 01:15:46 -0800Re: Pithurlogam

Namaskaram to all,I just want to convey my apologies becoz the question I presented was in my mind for a longtime. Maybe from the day I missed my father. Being a daughter I shouldnt have made others feel for it.so plse forget this question and we will just go to our normal topics.

please!!regards

Dear Swamin,

adiyEn

rAman rAmanuja dAsan--- On Thu, 10/12/09, Srinivasan Ramaswamy <kaushram > wrote:

Srinivasan Ramaswamy <kaushram >Re: PithurlogamThursday, 10 December, 2009, 13:19

Dear Swamin

Ramaswamy Iyengar

Dear Mrs.Sindhu Satathi,

Yours sincerly,

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN .