I am copying our Members incase they can shed

some light on this topic .

NamO SrI NrusimhAya ,

V.Sadagopan

-

sri srinivasan

webmaster

Cc: yennappan ;

Respected Sirs:I learn there is a place called "Nava Nrusimha Ksetrams" near CHEYYAR [Avania-puram or so}

Is this information right?If so, can you please give me the details on this KSETRAM and telephone/mobile numbers of our Ahobila mutt there if any please?Is there facility for food and accommodation over there and what are the seva kalams there?Also if you can brief me on the bus routes from Chennai and time taken it will be very useful to me.Pranams,Srinivasan

Guest guest

Dear Sri SrinivAsan :

You should know that in 2006 , we released the Digital

version of all Tamil Sri Nrusimha Priya (SNP) issues . These

archives are queryable along the lines that you mention.

You can get copies of this DVD for your reference at

SNP office . We are now preparing a similar DVD for

all the issues of the English SNP .

May I suggest that you do not criticize Ahobila Matam

KaimkaryaparALs and SNP office staff harshly .

They are not tourist guides .

We are creating a new web site for Ahobila Mutt

that will carry the details of Divya Desams and

snnidhis administerd directly by Ahobila Matam

Jeeyars .

NamO SrI NrusimhAya ,

V.Sadagopan

Pranams to each and every one of you!The place is called AAVANIAPURAM or Avani Narayanapuram and only PANCHA Nrusimhas are there.Details on this place luckily I got from an old issue of Sri Nrusimha Priya November 2004 page 86 It is 40 km South West of SATHYA VRADA KSETRAM [Kancheepuram] on the banks of BAHU NATHI [cheyyar river]Situated on top of a hillock called SIMHACHALAM, the temple has upper hill and lower hill with lots of SANNIDHIs .Our Ahobila Mutt Jeers 40,41,42,43,44 and 45 performed MANGALA SASANAM to all these five Nrusimhars.The Prakritham 45th Jeer has visited this place three times it seems and has special interest.The place is between Vandavasi and Cheyyar and lot of buses ply to both vandavasi and Cheyyar.One can visit this place in one day from Chennai it seems.The pracheenam [tradition] is VAIKANASA Agamam.But due to lack of professionals switched over to PANCHARATHRA Agamam it seems now.VADAKALAI Sri Vaishnavas do nithya aradhanam.I did not get any help from Sri Nrusimha Priya office or from our Seliayur Ahobila Mutt at all when I inquired on route, facilities,accommodation/food and details of various sevas etc. [i wanted to take some very old people who do not eat anything outside, comfortably][i do not know why our Ahobila Mutt is not giving any data on various temples/mutts under their control, even -the personnel at Seliayur and Sri Nrusimha Priya office are not at all helpful- the only answer they give is I DONT KNOW]Also old issues of SRI NRUSIMHA PRIYA can be made available in digital form in web so that one can access any temple details by hyper links.[click on the temple name and you get pages of the old magazine]Well it is my experience only.I may visit this place if HE wills, before end of this month.Planning to take up an assignment @ Abudhabi.Pranams,Sri

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear Sir,

Its true that, Avaniaapuram, is also one of the "Nava Nrusimha Ksetram".

dAasan,

Ranganathan

Dr. Sadagopan <yennappansri srinivasan <sri2k53Cc: Swami ; divya desam ; Vaideekam; Ponnappan <Oppiliappan >Thursday, 12 June, 2008 12:19:56 AMRe: nava Nrusimha Ksetrams

SrI:Dear SrI SrinivAsan :I am copying our Members incase they can shedsome light on this topic .NamO SrI NrusimhAya ,V.Sadagopan- sri srinivasan webmaster@ahobilamu tt.org Cc: yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net ; Respected Sirs:I learn there is a place called "Nava Nrusimha Ksetrams" near CHEYYAR [Avania-puram or so}Is this information right?If so, can you please give me the details on this KSETRAM and telephone/mobile numbers of our Ahobila mutt there if any please?Is there facility for food and accommodation over there and what are the seva kalams there?Also if you can brief me on the bus routes from Chennai and time

taken it will be very useful to me.Pranams,Srinivasan

Guest guest

sircan u throw more light on this ksethram and also how we go about to visit it from chennaiRAJARAMAN--- On Thu, 12/6/08, EV Narasimhan <evnarasimhan wrote:EV Narasimhan <evnarasimhan Re: nava Nrusimha Ksetrams"Dr. Sadagopan" <yennappan, "sri srinivasan" <sri2k53Cc: "Swami" , "divya desam" ,

Vaideekam, "Ponnappan" <Oppiliappan >Thursday, 12 June, 2008, 10:13 AM

SrI:

Dear Sir,

dAasan,

Ranganathan

Dr. Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net>sri srinivasan <sri2k53 >Cc: Swami <>; divya desam <>; Vaideekam (AT) gmail (DOT) com; Ponnappan <Oppiliappan>Thursday, 12 June, 2008 12:19:56 AMRe: nava Nrusimha Ksetrams

SrI:Dear SrI SrinivAsan :I am copying our Members incase they can shedsome light on this topic .NamO SrI NrusimhAya ,V.Sadagopan- sri srinivasan webmaster@ahobilamu tt.org Cc: yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net ; Respected Sirs:I learn there is a place called "Nava Nrusimha Ksetrams" near CHEYYAR [Avania-puram or so}Is this information right?If so, can you please give me the details on this KSETRAM and telephone/mobile numbers of our Ahobila mutt there if any please?Is there facility for food and accommodation over there and what are the seva kalams there?Also if you can brief me on the bus routes from Chennai and time

Guest guest

Dear Swamin!

From Chennai you have to go Vandavaasi.

While going from Vandavasi towards Aarani nearly 28 Km, you will get this kshetram.

There Sri Mukundaachar is the Aaaradhakar.

His contact number is : 9486046206

dAasan

Ranganathan

raja raman <rrb4u Cc: evnarasimhanSent: Thursday, 12 June, 2008 8:15:17 PMRe: Re: nava Nrusimha Ksetrams

sircan u throw more light on this ksethram and also how we go about to visit it from chennai

RAJARAMAN

sri srinivasan <sri2k53EV Narasimhan <evnarasimhan; Dr. Sadagopan <yennappanCc: Swami ; divya desam ; Vaideekam; Ponnappan <Oppiliappan >Thursday, 12 June, 2008 10:36:34 AMnava Nrusimha Ksetrams

Swamins:Why this place is called NAVA Nrusimha Kshetram when there are only FIVE [pancha] Nrusimhars?

I got interested becacuse one of my friend's grandmother wanted me to take her to this place and she is very orthodox type etc and so I wanted to get some details on various sevas, food, accommodation etc.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

I will go alone first, get a first hand feeler and then take others.Pranams,

SriEV Narasimhan <evnarasimhan wrote:

SrI:

Dear Sir,

dAasan,

Ranganathan

Dr. Sadagopan <yennappansri srinivasan <sri2k53Cc: Swami ; divya desam ; Vaideekam; Ponnappan <Oppiliappan >Thursday, 12 June, 2008 12:19:56 AMRe: nava Nrusimha Ksetrams

SrI:Dear SrI SrinivAsan :I am copying our Members incase they can shedsome light on this topic .NamO SrI NrusimhAya ,V.Sadagopan- sri srinivasan webmaster@ahobilamu tt.org Cc: yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net ; Respected Sirs:I learn there is a place called "Nava Nrusimha Ksetrams" near CHEYYAR [Avania-puram or so}Is this information right?If so, can you please give me the details on this KSETRAM and telephone/mobile numbers of our Ahobila mutt there if any please?Is there facility for food and accommodation over there and what are the seva kalams there?Also if you can brief me on the bus routes from Chennai and

time taken it will be very useful to me.Pranams,Srinivasan

Guest guest

Avaniapuram is a small settlement on the southern outskirts of Madurai, in Madurai District, Tamil Nadu. Neighboring places linked with Avaniapuram are Thirupparankundram in the south-west and

Harveypatti and

Thirunagar in the west. Pandi Muneeswarar Temple at Melamadai, Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple, Gandhi Museum, Thirumalai Nayak Palace, Thirupparankundram Temple, Agastiswarar Temple, Kutladampatti Waterfalls, Ayannar Temple, Mariamman Teppakulam, Rajaji Park and Aappudaiyaar Kovil are tourist spots accessible from Avaniapuram.

Accommodation is available at Hotel Chentoor, Hotel International, Hotel Park Plaza and Madura Park Inn in Madurai.

The nearest airport is Madurai Airport. Madurai Junction Railway Station serves the town. Avaniapuram can be approached from Madurai (7 km) and Thirupparankundram.S.V.KRISHNAN

'GSR Business Services Pvt Ltd

VJ Flats, 64/1 Fourth Main, Gandhinagar

Adyar, Chennai 600020

Phones 42115625/22415626

® 2448 8560

mobile 99400 95670 CC: evnarasimhanFrom: rrb4uDate: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:15:17 +0530Re: Re: nava Nrusimha Ksetrams

sircan u throw more light on this ksethram and also how we go about to visit it from chennaiRAJARAMAN--- On Thu, 12/6/08, EV Narasimhan <evnarasimhan (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:EV Narasimhan <evnarasimhan (AT) (DOT) co.in> Re: nava Nrusimha Ksetrams"Dr. Sadagopan" <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net>, "sri srinivasan" <sri2k53 >Cc: "Swami" , "divya desam" ,

Vaideekam , "Ponnappan" <Oppiliappan >Thursday, 12 June, 2008, 10:13 AM

SrI:

Dear Sir,

dAasan,

Ranganathan

Dr. Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net>sri srinivasan <sri2k53 >Cc: Swami <>; divya desam <>; Vaideekam (AT) gmail (DOT) com; Ponnappan <Oppiliappan>Thursday, 12 June, 2008 12:19:56 AMRe: nava Nrusimha Ksetrams

Guest guest

Hi pranamas to all,

The discussion is on the Avaniyapuram near Vandavasi_KANCHIPURAM>

Rgds

Ramesh,

Fri, 6/13/08, Krishnan Sevel Venkataraman <krishnan1940 wrote:

Krishnan Sevel Venkataraman <krishnan1940RE: Re: nava Nrusimha Ksetrams Date: Friday, June 13, 2008, 3:21 PM

Avaniapuram is a small settlement on the southern outskirts of Madurai, in Madurai District, Tamil Nadu. Neighboring places linked with Avaniapuram are Thirupparankundram in the south-west and Harveypatti and Thirunagar in the west. Pandi Muneeswarar Temple at Melamadai, Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple, Gandhi Museum, Thirumalai Nayak Palace, Thirupparankundram Temple, Agastiswarar Temple, Kutladampatti Waterfalls, Ayannar Temple, Mariamman Teppakulam, Rajaji Park and Aappudaiyaar Kovil are tourist spots accessible from Avaniapuram. Accommodation is available at Hotel Chentoor, Hotel International, Hotel Park Plaza and Madura Park Inn in Madurai. The nearest airport is Madurai Airport. Madurai Junction Railway Station serves the town. Avaniapuram can be approached from Madurai (7 km) and Thirupparankundram.

S.V.KRISHNAN

'GSR Business Services Pvt Ltd

VJ Flats, 64/1 Fourth Main, Gandhinagar

Adyar, Chennai 600020

Phones 42115625/22415626

® 2448 8560

mobile 99400 95670

CC: evnarasimhan@ .co. inrrb4u (AT) (DOT) co.inThu, 12 Jun 2008 20:15:17 +0530Re: Re: nava Nrusimha Ksetrams

sircan u throw more light on this ksethram and also how we go about to visit it from chennai

RAJARAMAN--- On Thu, 12/6/08, EV Narasimhan <evnarasimhan@ .co. in> wrote:

EV Narasimhan <evnarasimhan@ .co. in> Re: nava Nrusimha Ksetrams"Dr. Sadagopan" <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net>, "sri srinivasan" <sri2k53 >Cc: "Swami" <>, "divya desam" <>, Vaideekam (AT) gmail (DOT) com, "Ponnappan" <Oppiliappan>Thursday, 12 June, 2008, 10:13 AM

SrI: Dear Sir, Its true that, Avaniaapuram, is also one of the "Nava Nrusimha Ksetram". dAasan,Ranganathan

SrI:Dear SrI SrinivAsan :I am copying our Members incase they can shedsome light on this topic .NamO SrI NrusimhAya ,V.Sadagopan- sri srinivasan webmaster@ahobilamu tt.org Cc: yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net ; Respected Sirs:I learn there is a place called "Nava Nrusimha Ksetrams" near CHEYYAR [Avania-puram or so}Is this information right?If so, can you please give me the details on this KSETRAM and telephone/mobile numbers of our Ahobila mutt there if any please?Is there facility for food and accommodation over there and what are the seva kalams there?Also if you can brief me on the bus routes from Chennai and time taken it will be very useful to

me.Pranams,Srinivasan