ALTERNATIVE TO UPAPADA FASTING

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

I ahve a query to all learned people out here. My sister has marriage

related issues for which UPAPADA FAST is advised normally. But she has

a problem that she can't fast. Is there any ALTERNATIVE to upapada

fasting?

If anybdy has idea on this please put light.

DEEPAK

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Deepak,

A logical approach may be to atleast refrain from using the articles

representing the lord of the day corresponding the the Upapada for that

day - e.g. for Jupiter (Thursday), one could avoid using Chana dal etc

yellow foods for that day.

The learned may correct me...and may also advise whether donation of

such articles can be made instead.

Best Regards,

SS

sohamsa , " DEEPAK " <dny789 wrote:

>

> Dear all,

>

> I ahve a query to all learned people out here. My sister has marriage

> related issues for which UPAPADA FAST is advised normally. But she

has

> a problem that she can't fast. Is there any ALTERNATIVE to upapada

> fasting?

>

> If anybdy has idea on this please put light.

>

> DEEPAK

>

hare rama krishna Marriage and UL are connected to 12th house, giving or loss. Marriage is all about giving and sharing what we have with another person. Buying suitable present for our spouse on such a day is very good remedie. It doesnt have to be some big gift, but something nice and suitable. Best wishes, Bojan hari om tat satSoul Sadhak <soulsadhak wrote: Dear Deepak,A logical approach may be to atleast refrain from using the articles

representing the lord of the day corresponding the the Upapada for that day - e.g. for Jupiter (Thursday), one could avoid using Chana dal etc yellow foods for that day.The learned may correct me...and may also advise whether donation of such articles can be made instead.Best Regards,SSsohamsa , "DEEPAK" <dny789 wrote:>> Dear all,> > I ahve a query to all learned people out here. My sister has marriage > related issues for which UPAPADA FAST is advised normally. But she has > a problem that she can't fast. Is there any ALTERNATIVE to upapada > fasting?> > If anybdy has idea on this please put light.> > DEEPAK>

|| Om gurave namah ||Dear Deepak, Ideally Fasting is the best remedy. 2nd house is eating and 12th houes gives argala by fasting to lagna. Arudha of the 12th indicates the day we can fast. As an alternate you can try donating things related to A12 (UL/upapada) on the day ruled by UL.

For example if UL is venus rules house try donating clothes on friday. in jupiter's house donate Sweet's etc. Ideally I think donation should be related to food items. Warm RegardsSanjay P

2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789

Dear all,

fasting?

DEEPAK

Dear All

If the UL and AL are in same house, can fasting be advised?

-Regards

Rajarshi

The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra--- On Mon, 2/2/09, Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar wrote:

Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiarRe: ALTERNATIVE TO UPAPADA FASTINGsohamsa Date: Monday, 2 February, 2009, 11:05 AM

|| Om gurave namah ||Dear Deepak, Ideally Fasting is the best remedy. 2nd house is eating and 12th houes gives argala by fasting to lagna. Arudha of the 12th indicates the day we can fast. As an alternate you can try donating things related to A12 (UL/upapada) on the day ruled by UL. For example if UL is venus rules house try donating clothes on friday. in jupiter's house donate Sweet's etc. Ideally I think donation should be related to food items. Warm RegardsSanjay P

2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789 >

Dear all,I ahve a query to all learned people out here. My sister has marriage related issues for which UPAPADA FAST is advised normally. But she has a problem that she can't fast. Is there any ALTERNATIVE to upapada fasting?If anybdy has idea on this please put light.DEEPAK

From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.

Namskar Sanjay ji

i believe we can keep fast on the tithi related to planet .. Sashti or chaturdashi for Venus.. As mention am i right ?

regard

2009/2/2 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar

|| Om gurave namah ||Dear Deepak, Ideally Fasting is the best remedy. 2nd house is eating and 12th houes gives argala by fasting to lagna. Arudha of the 12th indicates the day we can fast. As an alternate you can try donating things related to A12 (UL/upapada) on the day ruled by UL.

For example if UL is venus rules house try donating clothes on friday. in jupiter's house donate Sweet's etc. Ideally I think donation should be related to food items. Warm RegardsSanjay P

2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789

Dear all,

fasting?

DEEPAK

~~Om Gurave Namah ~~ Dear Amit, No, To my knowledge Tithi fasting for Upapada has not been mentioned by Pt. Sanjay Rath. I think Tithi fasting can have a different reason.Warm RegardsSanjay P

2009/2/3 Amit Puri <amitpuri20

Namskar Sanjay ji

i believe we can keep fast on the tithi related to planet .. Sashti or chaturdashi for Venus.. As mention am i right ?

regard

2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789

Dear all,

fasting?

DEEPAK

~~ Om Gurave Namah ~~Dear Amit, For example Ekadashi Tithi ruled by Mars gives results as strong Jupiter. It Removes all bad habits and leads to Vishnu(Jupiter).Warm RegardsSanjay P

2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar

~~Om Gurave Namah ~~ Dear Amit, No, To my knowledge Tithi fasting for Upapada has not been mentioned by Pt. Sanjay Rath. I think Tithi fasting can have a different reason.Warm RegardsSanjay P

Namskar Sanjay ji

regard

2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789

Dear all,

fasting?

DEEPAK

Namskar Sir Agree with you so can we recommend it in-case of Ghata dosha in chart.?regard2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar

~~ Om Gurave Namah ~~Dear Amit, For example Ekadashi Tithi ruled by Mars gives results as strong Jupiter. It Removes all bad habits and leads to Vishnu(Jupiter).Warm RegardsSanjay P

2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar

Namskar Sanjay ji

regard

2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789

Dear all,

fasting?

DEEPAK

hare rama krishna Dear Amit if UL happens to be in second house it is prohibited to fast on its lord day because second bhava is Visnu, food etc. In such a case person should fast on the tithi which is represented by bhava where 2nd lord is. For example, UL is in 2nd and its lord is Bu / native should fast on Krishan ekadasi tithi. But if this graha happens to be Mars (2nd lord) and in 11th bhava then again it is prohibited because lord of 2nd also is lord of Ekadasi tithi. Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native should not fast because it will make terrible fights with partner, but also mentions another remedie for it. I hope he will tell us which one it is. Best wishes, Bojan hari om tat satAmit Puri <amitpuri20 wrote: Namskar Sir Agree with you so can we recommend it in-case of Ghata dosha in chart.?regard 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar > ~~ Om Gurave Namah ~~Dear Amit, For example Ekadashi Tithi ruled by Mars gives results as strong Jupiter. It Removes all bad habits and leads to Vishnu(Jupiter).Warm RegardsSanjay

P 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar > ~~Om Gurave Namah ~~ Dear Amit, No, To my knowledge Tithi fasting for Upapada has not been mentioned by Pt. Sanjay Rath. I think Tithi fasting can have a different reason.Warm RegardsSanjay P 2009/2/3 Amit Puri <amitpuri20 > Namskar Sanjay jii believe we can keep fast on the tithi related to planet .. Sashti or chaturdashi for Venus.. As mention am i right ?regard 2009/2/2 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar > || Om gurave namah ||Dear Deepak, Ideally Fasting is the best remedy. 2nd house is eating and 12th houes gives argala by fasting to lagna. Arudha of the 12th indicates the day we can fast. As an alternate you can try donating things related to A12 (UL/upapada) on the day ruled by UL. For example if UL is venus rules house try donating clothes on friday. in jupiter's house donate Sweet's etc. Ideally I think donation should be related to food items. Warm RegardsSanjay P 2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789 > Dear all,I ahve a query to all learned people out here. My sister has marriage related issues for which UPAPADA FAST is advised normally. But she has a problem that she can't fast. Is there any ALTERNATIVE to upapada fasting?If anybdy has idea on this please put light.DEEPAK

Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave

Dear Bojan,

Namaste

Could you please expand on the following so that I can get a complete

understanding for my learning.

'Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native should not

fast ..... , but also mentions another remedy for it.'

What is this remedy that he refers to.

Many thanks

Bipin

2009/2/3 Bojan Vidakovic <janbovid:

> hare rama krishna

> Dear Amit if UL happens to be in second house it is prohibited to fast on

> its lord day because second bhava is Visnu, food etc. In such a case person

> should fast on the tithi which is represented by bhava where 2nd lord is.

> For example, UL is in 2nd and its lord is Bu / native should fast on Krishan

> ekadasi tithi. But if this graha happens to be Mars (2nd lord) and in 11th

> bhava then again it is prohibited because lord of 2nd also is lord of

> Ekadasi tithi.

> Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native should not fast

> because it will make terrible fights with partner, but also mentions another

> remedie for it. I hope he will tell us which one it is.

>

> Best wishes, Bojan

>

> hari om tat sat

>

> Amit Puri <amitpuri20 wrote:

>

> Namskar Sir

>

> Agree with you so can we recommend it in-case of Ghata dosha in chart.?

>

> regard

>

>

> 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar

>>

>> ~~ Om Gurave Namah ~~

>> Dear Amit,

>> For example Ekadashi Tithi ruled by Mars gives results as strong Jupiter.

>> It Removes all bad habits and leads to Vishnu(Jupiter).

>> Warm Regards

>> Sanjay P

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar

>>>

>>> ~~Om Gurave Namah ~~

>>> Dear Amit,

>>> No, To my knowledge Tithi fasting for Upapada has not been mentioned by

>>> Pt. Sanjay Rath. I think Tithi fasting can have a different reason.

>>> Warm Regards

>>> Sanjay P

>>>

>>>

>>> 2009/2/3 Amit Puri <amitpuri20

>>>>

>>>> Namskar Sanjay ji

>>>>

>>>> i believe we can keep fast on the tithi related to planet .. Sashti or

>>>> chaturdashi for Venus.. As mention am i right ?

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> regard

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> 2009/2/2 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar

>>>>

>>>> || Om gurave namah ||

>>>> Dear Deepak,

>>>> Ideally Fasting is the best remedy. 2nd house is eating and 12th houes

>>>> gives argala by fasting to lagna.

>>>> Arudha of the 12th indicates the day we can fast.

>>>> As an alternate you can try donating things related to A12 (UL/upapada)

>>>> on the day ruled by UL.

>>>> For example if UL is venus rules house try donating clothes on friday.

>>>> in jupiter's house donate Sweet's etc.

>>>> Ideally I think donation should be related to food items.

>>>>

>>>> Warm Regards

>>>> Sanjay P

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> 2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789

>>>>>

>>>>> Dear all,

>>>>>

>>>>> I ahve a query to all learned people out here. My sister has marriage

>>>>> related issues for which UPAPADA FAST is advised normally. But she has

>>>>> a problem that she can't fast. Is there any ALTERNATIVE to upapada

>>>>> fasting?

>>>>>

>>>>> If anybdy has idea on this please put light.

>>>>>

>>>>> DEEPAK

>>>>>

>>>>

>

>

>

>

>

Dear Bojan

In such a case person> should fast on the tithi which is represented by bhava where 2nd lord is.> For example, UL is in 2nd and its lord is Bu / native should fast on Krishan> ekadasi tithi. But if this graha happens to be Mars (2nd lord) and in 11th> bhava then again it is prohibited because lord of 2nd also is lord of> Ekadasi tithi.

I could not understand this example. Should fast on tithi where second lord is. You said if second lord is budha, then krishna ekadasi fasting. Which house is budha sitting in?

I know of tithis for each planet, but what is tithi for a bhava? Is the same as the list of special tithis we in Jhora, e.g, putra tithi, etc etc?

Kindly elaborate.

-Regards

Rajarsjo

The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra--- On Tue, 3/2/09, Bipin Prag <bipinprag wrote:

Bipin Prag <bipinpragRe: ALTERNATIVE TO UPAPADA FASTINGsohamsa Date: Tuesday, 3 February, 2009, 2:07 PM

Om Namo Bhagavate ParamguraveDear Bojan,NamasteCould you please expand on the following so that I can get a completeunderstanding for my learning.'Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native should notfast ..... , but also mentions another remedy for it.'What is this remedy that he refers to.Many thanksBipin2009/2/3 Bojan Vidakovic <janbovid >:> hare rama krishna> Dear Amit if UL happens to be in second house it is prohibited to fast on> its lord day because second bhava is Visnu, food etc. In such a case person> should fast on the tithi which is represented by bhava where 2nd lord is.> For example, UL is in 2nd and its lord is Bu / native should fast on Krishan> ekadasi tithi. But if this graha happens to be Mars (2nd lord) and in 11th>

bhava then again it is prohibited because lord of 2nd also is lord of> Ekadasi tithi.> Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native should not fast> because it will make terrible fights with partner, but also mentions another> remedie for it. I hope he will tell us which one it is.>> Best wishes, Bojan>> hari om tat sat>> Amit Puri <amitpuri20 (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:>> Namskar Sir>> Agree with you so can we recommend it in-case of Ghata dosha in chart.?>> regard>>> 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar@ gmail.com>>>>> ~~ Om Gurave Namah ~~>> Dear Amit,>> For example Ekadashi Tithi ruled by Mars gives results as

strong Jupiter.>> It Removes all bad habits and leads to Vishnu(Jupiter) .>> Warm Regards>> Sanjay P>>>>>>>>>> 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar@ gmail.com>>>>>>> ~~Om Gurave Namah ~~>>> Dear Amit,>>> No, To my knowledge Tithi fasting for Upapada has not been mentioned by>>> Pt. Sanjay Rath. I think Tithi fasting can have a different reason.>>> Warm Regards>>> Sanjay P>>>>>>>>> 2009/2/3 Amit Puri <amitpuri20 (AT) gmail (DOT) com>>>>>>>>> Namskar Sanjay ji>>>>>>>> i believe we can keep fast on the tithi related to planet .. Sashti

or>>>> chaturdashi for Venus.. As mention am i right ?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> regard>>>>>>>>>>>> 2009/2/2 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar@ gmail.com>>>>>>>>> || Om gurave namah ||>>>> Dear Deepak,>>>> Ideally Fasting is the best remedy. 2nd house is eating and 12th houes>>>> gives argala by fasting to lagna.>>>> Arudha of the 12th indicates the day we can fast.>>>> As an alternate you can try donating things related to A12 (UL/upapada)>>>> on the day ruled by UL.>>>> For example if UL is venus rules house try donating clothes on friday.>>>> in jupiter's house donate Sweet's

etc.>>>> Ideally I think donation should be related to food items.>>>>>>>> Warm Regards>>>> Sanjay P>>>>>>>>>>>> 2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789 >>>>>>>>>>> Dear all,>>>>>>>>>> I ahve a query to all learned people out here. My sister has marriage>>>>> related issues for which UPAPADA FAST is advised normally. But she has>>>>> a problem that she can't fast. Is there any ALTERNATIVE to upapada>>>>> fasting?>>>>>>>>>> If anybdy has idea on this please put light.>>>>>>>>>> DEEPAK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

namskar bojan ji

thanks sir this is what i was trying to remember.it is prohibited to fast on its lord day because second bhava is Visnu,

food etc. In such a case person should fast on the tithi which is

represented by bhava where 2nd lord is.regard2009/2/3 Bipin Prag <bipinprag

Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave

Dear Bojan,

Namaste

Could you please expand on the following so that I can get a complete

understanding for my learning.

'Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native should not

fast ..... , but also mentions another remedy for it.'

What is this remedy that he refers to.

Many thanks

Bipin

2009/2/3 Bojan Vidakovic <janbovid:

> hare rama krishna

> Dear Amit if UL happens to be in second house it is prohibited to fast on

> its lord day because second bhava is Visnu, food etc. In such a case person

> should fast on the tithi which is represented by bhava where 2nd lord is.

> For example, UL is in 2nd and its lord is Bu / native should fast on Krishan

> ekadasi tithi. But if this graha happens to be Mars (2nd lord) and in 11th

> bhava then again it is prohibited because lord of 2nd also is lord of

> Ekadasi tithi.

> Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native should not fast

> because it will make terrible fights with partner, but also mentions another

> remedie for it. I hope he will tell us which one it is.

>

> Best wishes, Bojan

>

> hari om tat sat

>

> Amit Puri <amitpuri20 wrote:

>

> Namskar Sir

>

> Agree with you so can we recommend it in-case of Ghata dosha in chart.?

>

> regard

>

>

> 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar

>>

>> ~~ Om Gurave Namah ~~

>> Dear Amit,

>> For example Ekadashi Tithi ruled by Mars gives results as strong Jupiter.

>> It Removes all bad habits and leads to Vishnu(Jupiter).

>> Warm Regards

>> Sanjay P

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar

>>>

>>> ~~Om Gurave Namah ~~

>>> Dear Amit,

>>> No, To my knowledge Tithi fasting for Upapada has not been mentioned by

>>> Pt. Sanjay Rath. I think Tithi fasting can have a different reason.

>>> Warm Regards

>>> Sanjay P

>>>

>>>

>>> 2009/2/3 Amit Puri <amitpuri20

>>>>

>>>> Namskar Sanjay ji

>>>>

>>>> i believe we can keep fast on the tithi related to planet .. Sashti or

>>>> chaturdashi for Venus.. As mention am i right ?

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> regard

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> 2009/2/2 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar

>>>>

>>>> || Om gurave namah ||

>>>> Dear Deepak,

>>>> Ideally Fasting is the best remedy. 2nd house is eating and 12th houes

>>>> gives argala by fasting to lagna.

>>>> Arudha of the 12th indicates the day we can fast.

>>>> As an alternate you can try donating things related to A12 (UL/upapada)

>>>> on the day ruled by UL.

>>>> For example if UL is venus rules house try donating clothes on friday.

>>>> in jupiter's house donate Sweet's etc.

>>>> Ideally I think donation should be related to food items.

>>>>

>>>> Warm Regards

>>>> Sanjay P

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> 2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789

>>>>>

>>>>> Dear all,

>>>>>

>>>>> I ahve a query to all learned people out here. My sister has marriage

>>>>> related issues for which UPAPADA FAST is advised normally. But she has

>>>>> a problem that she can't fast. Is there any ALTERNATIVE to upapada

>>>>> fasting?

>>>>>

>>>>> If anybdy has idea on this please put light.

>>>>>

>>>>> DEEPAK

>>>>>

>>>>

>

>

>

>

>

||Om Gurave Namah||Dear Amit,Understand it fully. Try reasoning it. Answer lies in "Which condition UL can fall in 2nd?"Best RegardsAjay Zharotiaajayzharotia On Feb 3, 2009, at 3:26 PM, Amit Puri wrote:namskar bojan jithanks sir this is what i was trying to remember.it is prohibited to fast on its lord day because second bhava is Visnu, food etc. In such a case person should fast on the tithi which is represented by bhava where 2nd lord is.regard2009/2/3 Bipin Prag <bipinprag (AT) grouply (DOT) com>Om Namo Bhagavate ParamguraveDear Bojan,NamasteCould you please expand on the following so that I can get a completeunderstanding for my learning.'Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native should notfast ..... , but also mentions another remedy for it.'What is this remedy that he refers to.Many thanksBipin2009/2/3 Bojan Vidakovic <janbovid >:> hare rama krishna> Dear Amit if UL happens to be in second house it is prohibited to fast on> its lord day because second bhava is Visnu, food etc. In such a case person> should fast on the tithi which is represented by bhava where 2nd lord is.> For example, UL is in 2nd and its lord is Bu / native should fast on Krishan> ekadasi tithi. But if this graha happens to be Mars (2nd lord) and in 11th> bhava then again it is prohibited because lord of 2nd also is lord of> Ekadasi tithi.> Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native should not fast> because it will make terrible fights with partner, but also mentions another> remedie for it. I hope he will tell us which one it is.>> Best wishes, Bojan>> hari om tat sat>> Amit Puri <amitpuri20 > wrote:>> Namskar Sir>> Agree with you so can we recommend it in-case of Ghata dosha in chart.?>> regard>>> 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar >>>>> ~~ Om Gurave Namah ~~>> Dear Amit,>> For example Ekadashi Tithi ruled by Mars gives results as strong Jupiter.>> It Removes all bad habits and leads to Vishnu(Jupiter).>> Warm Regards>> Sanjay P>>>>>>>>>> 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar >>>>>>> ~~Om Gurave Namah ~~>>> Dear Amit,>>> No, To my knowledge Tithi fasting for Upapada has not been mentioned by>>> Pt. Sanjay Rath. I think Tithi fasting can have a different reason.>>> Warm Regards>>> Sanjay P>>>>>>>>> 2009/2/3 Amit Puri <amitpuri20 >>>>>>>>> Namskar Sanjay ji>>>>>>>> i believe we can keep fast on the tithi related to planet .. Sashti or>>>> chaturdashi for Venus.. As mention am i right ?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> regard>>>>>>>>>>>> 2009/2/2 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar >>>>>>>>> || Om gurave namah ||>>>> Dear Deepak,>>>> Ideally Fasting is the best remedy. 2nd house is eating and 12th houes>>>> gives argala by fasting to lagna.>>>> Arudha of the 12th indicates the day we can fast.>>>> As an alternate you can try donating things related to A12 (UL/upapada)>>>> on the day ruled by UL.>>>> For example if UL is venus rules house try donating clothes on friday.>>>> in jupiter's house donate Sweet's etc.>>>> Ideally I think donation should be related to food items.>>>>>>>> Warm Regards>>>> Sanjay P>>>>>>>>>>>> 2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789 >>>>>>>>>>> Dear all,>>>>>>>>>> I ahve a query to all learned people out here. My sister has marriage>>>>> related issues for which UPAPADA FAST is advised normally. But she has>>>>> a problem that she can't fast. Is there any ALTERNATIVE to upapada>>>>> fasting?>>>>>>>>>> If anybdy has idea on this please put light.>>>>>>>>>> DEEPAK>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Om Namah Shivaya,

Dear Bojan and others,

Here is my point and view about the question raised. 2nd bhava is

the bhava of Vishnu, sustainer, and if we fast on the day of UL in

2nd house, we bring insult to Vishnu who provides the food for us.

However, to be honest, I have not heard this about 2nd lord and

tithi. The basic point is that Upapada is a rashi and carries energy

of Vara or day. If you fast on the day ruled by tithi of the 2nd

lord, you are bringing the jala energy to vara, and gandanta may

occur, and spouse may come into a danger. So, what is the way out.

The simple solution is to do vrata which do not conflict with

rejection of food. So a person may observe the fast on UL in 2nd

day, however, adequate food should be offered as a prasad and eaten

before the Sunrise (not complete fast).In this way, results may come

a bit later, but will certainly come, while a person will not bring

insult to Shri Vishnu by rejecting the food.

This is the way I was taught, and ofcourse others may agree or not.

Best wishes

Zoran Radosavljevic

www.siva-edu.info

www.ahimsazr1.wordpress.com

sohamsa , Amit Puri <amitpuri20 wrote:

>

> namskar bojan ji

>

> thanks sir this is what i was trying to remember.

>

> it is prohibited to fast on its lord day because second bhava is

Visnu, food

> etc. In such a case person should fast on the tithi which is

represented by

> bhava where 2nd lord is.

>

>

> regard

>

> 2009/2/3 Bipin Prag <bipinprag

>

> > Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave

> >

> > Dear Bojan,

> > Namaste

> >

> > Could you please expand on the following so that I can get a

complete

> > understanding for my learning.

> >

> > 'Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native

should not

> > fast ..... , but also mentions another remedy for it.'

> >

> > What is this remedy that he refers to.

> >

> > Many thanks

> >

> > Bipin

> >

> > 2009/2/3 Bojan Vidakovic <janbovid <janbovid%40>>:

> >

> > > hare rama krishna

> > > Dear Amit if UL happens to be in second house it is prohibited

to fast on

> > > its lord day because second bhava is Visnu, food etc. In such

a case

> > person

> > > should fast on the tithi which is represented by bhava where

2nd lord is.

> > > For example, UL is in 2nd and its lord is Bu / native should

fast on

> > Krishan

> > > ekadasi tithi. But if this graha happens to be Mars (2nd lord)

and in

> > 11th

> > > bhava then again it is prohibited because lord of 2nd also is

lord of

> > > Ekadasi tithi.

> > > Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native

should not fast

> > > because it will make terrible fights with partner, but also

mentions

> > another

> > > remedie for it. I hope he will tell us which one it is.

> > >

> > > Best wishes, Bojan

> > >

> > > hari om tat sat

> > >

> > > Amit Puri <amitpuri20 <amitpuri20%40gmail.com>> wrote:

> > >

> > > Namskar Sir

> > >

> > > Agree with you so can we recommend it in-case of Ghata dosha

in chart.?

> > >

> > > regard

> > >

> > >

> > > 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar<sanjaychettiar%

40gmail.com>

> > >

> > >>

> > >> ~~ Om Gurave Namah ~~

> > >> Dear Amit,

> > >> For example Ekadashi Tithi ruled by Mars gives results as

strong

> > Jupiter.

> > >> It Removes all bad habits and leads to Vishnu(Jupiter).

> > >> Warm Regards

> > >> Sanjay P

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran

<sanjaychettiar<sanjaychettiar%40gmail.com>

> > >

> > >>>

> > >>> ~~Om Gurave Namah ~~

> > >>> Dear Amit,

> > >>> No, To my knowledge Tithi fasting for Upapada has not been

mentioned by

> > >>> Pt. Sanjay Rath. I think Tithi fasting can have a different

reason.

> > >>> Warm Regards

> > >>> Sanjay P

> > >>>

> > >>>

> > >>> 2009/2/3 Amit Puri <amitpuri20 <amitpuri20%40gmail.com>>

> > >>>>

> > >>>> Namskar Sanjay ji

> > >>>>

> > >>>> i believe we can keep fast on the tithi related to

planet .. Sashti or

> > >>>> chaturdashi for Venus.. As mention am i right ?

> > >>>>

> > >>>>

> > >>>>

> > >>>> regard

> > >>>>

> > >>>>

> > >>>> 2009/2/2 Sanjay Prabhakaran

<sanjaychettiar<sanjaychettiar%40gmail.com>

> > >

> > >>>>

> > >>>> || Om gurave namah ||

> > >>>> Dear Deepak,

> > >>>> Ideally Fasting is the best remedy. 2nd house is eating and

12th houes

> > >>>> gives argala by fasting to lagna.

> > >>>> Arudha of the 12th indicates the day we can fast.

> > >>>> As an alternate you can try donating things related to A12

> > (UL/upapada)

> > >>>> on the day ruled by UL.

> > >>>> For example if UL is venus rules house try donating clothes

on friday.

> > >>>> in jupiter's house donate Sweet's etc.

> > >>>> Ideally I think donation should be related to food items.

> > >>>>

> > >>>> Warm Regards

> > >>>> Sanjay P

> > >>>>

> > >>>>

> > >>>> 2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789 <dny789%40>>

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> Dear all,

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> I ahve a query to all learned people out here. My sister

has marriage

> > >>>>> related issues for which UPAPADA FAST is advised normally.

But she

> > has

> > >>>>> a problem that she can't fast. Is there any ALTERNATIVE to

upapada

> > >>>>> fasting?

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> If anybdy has idea on this please put light.

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> DEEPAK

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Om Namah Shivaya,

Since the question was raised a few times, for UL lord in 6th house,

remedy is Ganesha mantra.

Best wishes

Zoran Radosavljevic

www.siva-edu.info

sohamsa , " ahimsavm " <ahimsans wrote:

>

> Om Namah Shivaya,

> Dear Bojan and others,

> Here is my point and view about the question raised. 2nd bhava is

> the bhava of Vishnu, sustainer, and if we fast on the day of UL in

> 2nd house, we bring insult to Vishnu who provides the food for us.

> However, to be honest, I have not heard this about 2nd lord and

> tithi. The basic point is that Upapada is a rashi and carries

energy

> of Vara or day. If you fast on the day ruled by tithi of the 2nd

> lord, you are bringing the jala energy to vara, and gandanta may

> occur, and spouse may come into a danger. So, what is the way out.

> The simple solution is to do vrata which do not conflict with

> rejection of food. So a person may observe the fast on UL in 2nd

> day, however, adequate food should be offered as a prasad and

eaten

> before the Sunrise (not complete fast).In this way, results may

come

> a bit later, but will certainly come, while a person will not

bring

> insult to Shri Vishnu by rejecting the food.

> This is the way I was taught, and ofcourse others may agree or not.

> Best wishes

> Zoran Radosavljevic

> www.siva-edu.info

> www.ahimsazr1.wordpress.com

> sohamsa , Amit Puri <amitpuri20@> wrote:

> >

> > namskar bojan ji

> >

> > thanks sir this is what i was trying to remember.

> >

> > it is prohibited to fast on its lord day because second bhava is

> Visnu, food

> > etc. In such a case person should fast on the tithi which is

> represented by

> > bhava where 2nd lord is.

> >

> >

> > regard

> >

> > 2009/2/3 Bipin Prag <bipinprag@>

> >

> > > Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave

> > >

> > > Dear Bojan,

> > > Namaste

> > >

> > > Could you please expand on the following so that I can get a

> complete

> > > understanding for my learning.

> > >

> > > 'Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native

> should not

> > > fast ..... , but also mentions another remedy for it.'

> > >

> > > What is this remedy that he refers to.

> > >

> > > Many thanks

> > >

> > > Bipin

> > >

> > > 2009/2/3 Bojan Vidakovic <janbovid@ <janbovid%40>>:

> > >

> > > > hare rama krishna

> > > > Dear Amit if UL happens to be in second house it is

prohibited

> to fast on

> > > > its lord day because second bhava is Visnu, food etc. In

such

> a case

> > > person

> > > > should fast on the tithi which is represented by bhava where

> 2nd lord is.

> > > > For example, UL is in 2nd and its lord is Bu / native should

> fast on

> > > Krishan

> > > > ekadasi tithi. But if this graha happens to be Mars (2nd

lord)

> and in

> > > 11th

> > > > bhava then again it is prohibited because lord of 2nd also

is

> lord of

> > > > Ekadasi tithi.

> > > > Zoran also advices that if UL lord is in 6th bhava native

> should not fast

> > > > because it will make terrible fights with partner, but also

> mentions

> > > another

> > > > remedie for it. I hope he will tell us which one it is.

> > > >

> > > > Best wishes, Bojan

> > > >

> > > > hari om tat sat

> > > >

> > > > Amit Puri <amitpuri20@ <amitpuri20%40gmail.com>> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Namskar Sir

> > > >

> > > > Agree with you so can we recommend it in-case of Ghata dosha

> in chart.?

> > > >

> > > > regard

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran <sanjaychettiar@<sanjaychettiar%

> 40gmail.com>

> > > >

> > > >>

> > > >> ~~ Om Gurave Namah ~~

> > > >> Dear Amit,

> > > >> For example Ekadashi Tithi ruled by Mars gives results as

> strong

> > > Jupiter.

> > > >> It Removes all bad habits and leads to Vishnu(Jupiter).

> > > >> Warm Regards

> > > >> Sanjay P

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >> 2009/2/3 Sanjay Prabhakaran

> <sanjaychettiar@<sanjaychettiar%40gmail.com>

> > > >

> > > >>>

> > > >>> ~~Om Gurave Namah ~~

> > > >>> Dear Amit,

> > > >>> No, To my knowledge Tithi fasting for Upapada has not been

> mentioned by

> > > >>> Pt. Sanjay Rath. I think Tithi fasting can have a

different

> reason.

> > > >>> Warm Regards

> > > >>> Sanjay P

> > > >>>

> > > >>>

> > > >>> 2009/2/3 Amit Puri <amitpuri20@ <amitpuri20%40gmail.com>>

> > > >>>>

> > > >>>> Namskar Sanjay ji

> > > >>>>

> > > >>>> i believe we can keep fast on the tithi related to

> planet .. Sashti or

> > > >>>> chaturdashi for Venus.. As mention am i right ?

> > > >>>>

> > > >>>>

> > > >>>>

> > > >>>> regard

> > > >>>>

> > > >>>>

> > > >>>> 2009/2/2 Sanjay Prabhakaran

> <sanjaychettiar@<sanjaychettiar%40gmail.com>

> > > >

> > > >>>>

> > > >>>> || Om gurave namah ||

> > > >>>> Dear Deepak,

> > > >>>> Ideally Fasting is the best remedy. 2nd house is eating

and

> 12th houes

> > > >>>> gives argala by fasting to lagna.

> > > >>>> Arudha of the 12th indicates the day we can fast.

> > > >>>> As an alternate you can try donating things related to A12

> > > (UL/upapada)

> > > >>>> on the day ruled by UL.

> > > >>>> For example if UL is venus rules house try donating

clothes

> on friday.

> > > >>>> in jupiter's house donate Sweet's etc.

> > > >>>> Ideally I think donation should be related to food items.

> > > >>>>

> > > >>>> Warm Regards

> > > >>>> Sanjay P

> > > >>>>

> > > >>>>

> > > >>>> 2009/1/5 DEEPAK <dny789@ <dny789%40>>

> > > >>>>>

> > > >>>>> Dear all,

> > > >>>>>

> > > >>>>> I ahve a query to all learned people out here. My sister

> has marriage

> > > >>>>> related issues for which UPAPADA FAST is advised

normally.

> But she

> > > has

> > > >>>>> a problem that she can't fast. Is there any ALTERNATIVE

to

> upapada

> > > >>>>> fasting?

> > > >>>>>

> > > >>>>> If anybdy has idea on this please put light.

> > > >>>>>

> > > >>>>> DEEPAK

> > > >>>>>

> > > >>>>

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

|om|Dear Zoran, namaste

Would not the general act of fasting be construed as an insult to Sri MahaVishnu?

best regards

HariOn Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM, ahimsavm <ahimsans wrote:

Om Namah Shivaya,

Dear Bojan and others,

Here is my point and view about the question raised. 2nd bhava is

the bhava of Vishnu, sustainer, and if we fast on the day of UL in

2nd house, we bring insult to Vishnu who provides the food for us.

However, to be honest, I have not heard this about 2nd lord and

tithi. The basic point is that Upapada is a rashi and carries energy

of Vara or day. If you fast on the day ruled by tithi of the 2nd

lord, you are bringing the jala energy to vara, and gandanta may

occur, and spouse may come into a danger. So, what is the way out.

The simple solution is to do vrata which do not conflict with

rejection of food. So a person may observe the fast on UL in 2nd

day, however, adequate food should be offered as a prasad and eaten

before the Sunrise (not complete fast).In this way, results may come

a bit later, but will certainly come, while a person will not bring

insult to Shri Vishnu by rejecting the food.

This is the way I was taught, and ofcourse others may agree or not.

Best wishes

Zoran Radosavljevic

www.siva-edu.info

www.ahimsazr1.wordpress.com.

Jaya JagannathaDear Hari, Zoki, et al in this discussion,NamasteThe tongue in cheek, I'll excuse ;-)) it's my laugh for the day!!I fast on ekadasi tithi because my UL is in 2nd house (ie 12th lord is in lagna). Since I was born on sukla paksha, Sanjay ji suggests that I fast only on sukla ekadasi.Zoki, if you listen to JUS of Year I, you will note how Sanjay ji came to this conclusion.love,SweeOn 3 Feb 2009, at 15:25, Jyotisa Shisya wrote:|om|Dear Zoran, namasteWould not the general act of fasting be construed as an insult to Sri MahaVishnu?best regardsHariOn Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM, ahimsavm <ahimsans wrote:Om Namah Shivaya,Dear Bojan and others,Here is my point and view about the question raised. 2nd bhava is the bhava of Vishnu, sustainer, and if we fast on the day of UL in 2nd house, we bring insult to Vishnu who provides the food for us. However, to be honest, I have not heard this about 2nd lord and tithi. The basic point is that Upapada is a rashi and carries energy of Vara or day. If you fast on the day ruled by tithi of the 2nd lord, you are bringing the jala energy to vara, and gandanta may occur, and spouse may come into a danger. So, what is the way out. The simple solution is to do vrata which do not conflict with rejection of food. So a person may observe the fast on UL in 2nd day, however, adequate food should be offered as a prasad and eaten before the Sunrise (not complete fast).In this way, results may come a bit later, but will certainly come, while a person will not bring insult to Shri Vishnu by rejecting the food.This is the way I was taught, and ofcourse others may agree or not.Best wishesZoran Radosavljevicwww.siva-edu.infowww.ahimsazr1.wordpress.com. 

Om Namah Shivaya,

Oh..this has turned completelly upside down. We were talking about

fasting on UL. You cannot make such conclusions, or otherwise, the

word tapasya would loose its meaning.

Best wishes

Zoran Radosavljevic

www.siva-edu.info

sohamsa , Jyotisa Shisya <achyutagaddi

wrote:

>

> |om|Dear Zoran, namaste

>

> Would not the general act of fasting be construed as an insult to

Sri

> MahaVishnu?

>

> best regards

> Hari

>

> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM, ahimsavm <ahimsans wrote:

>

> > Om Namah Shivaya,

> > Dear Bojan and others,

> > Here is my point and view about the question raised. 2nd bhava is

> > the bhava of Vishnu, sustainer, and if we fast on the day of UL

in

> > 2nd house, we bring insult to Vishnu who provides the food for

us.

> > However, to be honest, I have not heard this about 2nd lord and

> > tithi. The basic point is that Upapada is a rashi and carries

energy

> > of Vara or day. If you fast on the day ruled by tithi of the 2nd

> > lord, you are bringing the jala energy to vara, and gandanta may

> > occur, and spouse may come into a danger. So, what is the way

out.

> > The simple solution is to do vrata which do not conflict with

> > rejection of food. So a person may observe the fast on UL in 2nd

> > day, however, adequate food should be offered as a prasad and

eaten

> > before the Sunrise (not complete fast).In this way, results may

come

> > a bit later, but will certainly come, while a person will not

bring

> > insult to Shri Vishnu by rejecting the food.

> > This is the way I was taught, and ofcourse others may agree or

not.

> > Best wishes

> > Zoran Radosavljevic

> > www.siva-edu.info

> > www.ahimsazr1.wordpress.com

> >

> > .

> >

> >

> >

>

Dear Swee

Why ekadasi fasting for UL in 2nd house? In case, AL/UL in same house, what kind of fasting need to be done?

PS: As you had advised me in another thread, I conducted a kirtan. It went off so well that I decided to organize another one as soon as I can. Also, looking out for that pearl.

-Regards

Rajarshi

The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava - Shiva Sutra--- On Tue, 3/2/09, Swee Chan <swee wrote:

Swee Chan <sweeRe: Re: ALTERNATIVE TO UPAPADA FASTINGsohamsa Date: Tuesday, 3 February, 2009, 7:02 PM

Jaya Jagannatha

Dear Hari, Zoki, et al in this discussion,

Namaste

The tongue in cheek, I'll excuse ;-)) it's my laugh for the day!!

I fast on ekadasi tithi because my UL is in 2nd house (ie 12th lord is in lagna). Since I was born on sukla paksha, Sanjay ji suggests that I fast only on sukla ekadasi.

Zoki, if you listen to JUS of Year I, you will note how Sanjay ji came to this conclusion.

love,

Swee

On 3 Feb 2009, at 15:25, Jyotisa Shisya wrote:

|om|

Dear Zoran, namaste

Would not the general act of fasting be construed as an insult to Sri MahaVishnu?

best regards

Hari

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM, ahimsavm <ahimsans (AT) nadlanu (DOT) com> wrote:

Om Namah Shivaya,Dear Bojan and others,Here is my point and view about the question raised. 2nd bhava is the bhava of Vishnu, sustainer, and if we fast on the day of UL in 2nd house, we bring insult to Vishnu who provides the food for us. However, to be honest, I have not heard this about 2nd lord and tithi. The basic point is that Upapada is a rashi and carries energy of Vara or day. If you fast on the day ruled by tithi of the 2nd lord, you are bringing the jala energy to vara, and gandanta may occur, and spouse may come into a danger. So, what is the way out. The simple solution is to do vrata which do not conflict with rejection of food. So a person may observe the fast on UL in 2nd day, however, adequate food should be offered as a prasad and eaten before the Sunrise (not complete fast).In this way, results may come a bit later, but will certainly come, while a person will not bring insult to Shri Vishnu by rejecting the food.This is the way I was taught, and ofcourse others may agree or not.Best wishesZoran Radosavljevicwww.siva-edu. infowww.ahimsazr1.

wordpress. com

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Om Namah Shivaya,

Dear Swee,

But that exactly proves the point. You are vrishabha lagna and your

2nd lord is not Mars, so fasting on ekadashi has nothing to do with

the rules we were discussing. Anyway,fast for Upapada and ekadashi

are also fully different. What you are saying about JUS of year 1 is

something different.

Best wishes

Zoran Radosavljevic

www.siva-edu.info

sohamsa , Swee Chan <swee wrote:

>

> Jaya Jagannatha

>

> Dear Hari, Zoki, et al in this discussion,

> Namaste

>

> The tongue in cheek, I'll excuse ;-)) it's my laugh for the day!!

> I fast on ekadasi tithi because my UL is in 2nd house (ie 12th

lord

> is in lagna). Since I was born on sukla paksha, Sanjay ji

suggests

> that I fast only on sukla ekadasi.

> Zoki, if you listen to JUS of Year I, you will note how Sanjay ji

> came to this conclusion.

>

> love,

>

> Swee

>

>

> On 3 Feb 2009, at 15:25, Jyotisa Shisya wrote:

>

> > |om|

> > Dear Zoran, namaste

> >

> > Would not the general act of fasting be construed as an insult

to

> > Sri MahaVishnu?

> >

> > best regards

> > Hari

> >

> > On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM, ahimsavm <ahimsans wrote:

> > Om Namah Shivaya,

> > Dear Bojan and others,

> > Here is my point and view about the question raised. 2nd bhava is

> > the bhava of Vishnu, sustainer, and if we fast on the day of UL

in

> > 2nd house, we bring insult to Vishnu who provides the food for

us.

> > However, to be honest, I have not heard this about 2nd lord and

> > tithi. The basic point is that Upapada is a rashi and carries

energy

> > of Vara or day. If you fast on the day ruled by tithi of the 2nd

> > lord, you are bringing the jala energy to vara, and gandanta may

> > occur, and spouse may come into a danger. So, what is the way

out.

> > The simple solution is to do vrata which do not conflict with

> > rejection of food. So a person may observe the fast on UL in 2nd

> > day, however, adequate food should be offered as a prasad and

eaten

> > before the Sunrise (not complete fast).In this way, results may

come

> > a bit later, but will certainly come, while a person will not

bring

> > insult to Shri Vishnu by rejecting the food.

> > This is the way I was taught, and ofcourse others may agree or

not.

> > Best wishes

> > Zoran Radosavljevic

> > www.siva-edu.info

> > www.ahimsazr1.wordpress.com

> >

> >

> > .

> >

> >

> >

>

|| Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Swee, Can you please tell me the exact rule to use for fasting on tithi?.Do we use the 12th lord tithi?, Like if you are Ta lagna, there 2 tithi one on Triteeya (3) and Ekadasha(11). If we consider only the paksh in which u are born.

Now of the two which to use?.Warm RegardsSanjay p2009/2/3 Swee Chan <swee

Jaya JagannathaDear Hari, Zoki, et al in this discussion,NamasteThe tongue in cheek, I'll excuse ;-)) it's my laugh for the day!!I fast on ekadasi tithi because my UL is in 2nd house (ie 12th lord is in lagna). Since I was born on sukla paksha, Sanjay ji suggests that I fast only on sukla ekadasi.

Zoki, if you listen to JUS of Year I, you will note how Sanjay ji came to this conclusion.love,Swee

On 3 Feb 2009, at 15:25, Jyotisa Shisya wrote:|om|

Dear Zoran, namasteWould not the general act of fasting be construed as an insult to Sri MahaVishnu?

best regardsHari

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM, ahimsavm <ahimsans wrote:

Om Namah Shivaya,Dear Bojan and others,Here is my point and view about the question raised. 2nd bhava is

the bhava of Vishnu, sustainer, and if we fast on the day of UL in 2nd house, we bring insult to Vishnu who provides the food for us. However, to be honest, I have not heard this about 2nd lord and

tithi. The basic point is that Upapada is a rashi and carries energy of Vara or day. If you fast on the day ruled by tithi of the 2nd lord, you are bringing the jala energy to vara, and gandanta may

occur, and spouse may come into a danger. So, what is the way out. The simple solution is to do vrata which do not conflict with rejection of food. So a person may observe the fast on UL in 2nd

day, however, adequate food should be offered as a prasad and eaten before the Sunrise (not complete fast).In this way, results may come a bit later, but will certainly come, while a person will not bring

insult to Shri Vishnu by rejecting the food.This is the way I was taught, and ofcourse others may agree or not.Best wishesZoran Radosavljevicwww.siva-edu.info

||Om Gurave Namah||Dear Swee, & jyotishisWhat Zoran is saying is right. Do not mix the energy of day lord (Agni) by choosing the same tithi (jala) that will create serious troubles for the spouse.Let me explain the principle in a simple way so that there should not be any confusion.In your chart (Swee) Vrishabha lagna, UL is in 2nd house. So lord of the UL is the Mercury. Since fasting is prohibited for UL in 2nd house see where the lord of the UL has gone. In your case mercury has gone to the 11th house hence it is Ekadashi. So rule is to choose the tithi is based on the placement of the UL lord.Now suppose instead of 11th house if Mercury goes to 12th house or 4 house then you cannot choose Dwadashi or Chaturthi for the same because these thithis are ruled by Mercury only and fasting on these tithis will create serious doshas.If you are doing fasting on the basis of tithis it should be done in sukla paksha only. But if you are doing in Krishna paksha (Pitris) also then it should be combined with the donation.I hope this will clarify the principal.Best RegardsAjay Zharotiaajayzharotia On Feb 4, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Sanjay Prabhakaran wrote:|| Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Swee, Can you please tell me the exact rule to use for fasting on tithi?.Do we use the 12th lord tithi?, Like if you are Ta lagna, there 2 tithi one on Triteeya (3) and Ekadasha(11). If we consider only the paksh in which u are born. Now of the two which to use?.Warm RegardsSanjay p2009/2/3 Swee Chan <swee (AT) coppernet (DOT) zm>Jaya JagannathaDear Hari, Zoki, et al in this discussion,NamasteThe tongue in cheek, I'll excuse ;-)) it's my laugh for the day!!I fast on ekadasi tithi because my UL is in 2nd house (ie 12th lord is in lagna). Since I was born on sukla paksha, Sanjay ji suggests that I fast only on sukla ekadasi.Zoki, if you listen to JUS of Year I, you will note how Sanjay ji came to this conclusion.love,SweeOn 3 Feb 2009, at 15:25, Jyotisa Shisya wrote:|om|Dear Zoran, namasteWould not the general act of fasting be construed as an insult to Sri MahaVishnu?best regardsHariOn Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM, ahimsavm <ahimsans (AT) nadlanu (DOT) com> wrote:Om Namah Shivaya,Dear Bojan and others,Here is my point and view about the question raised. 2nd bhava is the bhava of Vishnu, sustainer, and if we fast on the day of UL in 2nd house, we bring insult to Vishnu who provides the food for us. However, to be honest, I have not heard this about 2nd lord and tithi. The basic point is that Upapada is a rashi and carries energy of Vara or day. If you fast on the day ruled by tithi of the 2nd lord, you are bringing the jala energy to vara, and gandanta may occur, and spouse may come into a danger. So, what is the way out. The simple solution is to do vrata which do not conflict with rejection of food. So a person may observe the fast on UL in 2nd day, however, adequate food should be offered as a prasad and eaten before the Sunrise (not complete fast).In this way, results may come a bit later, but will certainly come, while a person will not bring insult to Shri Vishnu by rejecting the food.This is the way I was taught, and ofcourse others may agree or not.Best wishesZoran Radosavljevicwww.siva-edu.infowww.ahimsazr1.wordpress.com

Jaya JagannathaDear Ajay,NamasteNow suppose instead of 11th house if Mercury goes to 12th house or 4 house then you cannot choose Dwadashi or Chaturthi for the same because these thithis are ruled by Mercury only and fasting on these tithis will create serious doshas.What serious dosa will be created? If an ekadasi tithi is not pure, I fast on Dvadasi anyway and have done so for decades.love,SweeOn 4 Feb 2009, at 11:53, Ajay Zharotia wrote: ||Om Gurave Namah||Dear Swee, & jyotishisWhat Zoran is saying is right. Do not mix the energy of day lord (Agni) by choosing the same tithi (jala) that will create serious troubles for the spouse.Let me explain the principle in a simple way so that there should not be any confusion.In your chart (Swee) Vrishabha lagna, UL is in 2nd house. So lord of the UL is the Mercury. Since fasting is prohibited for UL in 2nd house see where the lord of the UL has gone. In your case mercury has gone to the 11th house hence it is Ekadashi. So rule is to choose the tithi is based on the placement of the UL lord.Now suppose instead of 11th house if Mercury goes to 12th house or 4 house then you cannot choose Dwadashi or Chaturthi for the same because these thithis are ruled by Mercury only and fasting on these tithis will create serious doshas.If you are doing fasting on the basis of tithis it should be done in sukla paksha only. But if you are doing in Krishna paksha (Pitris) also then it should be combined with the donation.I hope this will clarify the principal.Best RegardsAjay Zharotiaajayzharotia On Feb 4, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Sanjay Prabhakaran wrote:|| Om Gurave Namah ||Dear Swee, Can you please tell me the exact rule to use for fasting on tithi?.Do we use the 12th lord tithi?, Like if you are Ta lagna, there 2 tithi one on Triteeya (3) and Ekadasha(11). If we consider only the paksh in which u are born. Now of the two which to use?.Warm RegardsSanjay p2009/2/3 Swee Chan <swee (AT) coppernet (DOT) zm>Jaya JagannathaDear Hari, Zoki, et al in this discussion,NamasteThe tongue in cheek, I'll excuse ;-)) it's my laugh for the day!!I fast on ekadasi tithi because my UL is in 2nd house (ie 12th lord is in lagna). Since I was born on sukla paksha, Sanjay ji suggests that I fast only on sukla ekadasi.Zoki, if you listen to JUS of Year I, you will note how Sanjay ji came to this conclusion.love,SweeOn 3 Feb 2009, at 15:25, Jyotisa Shisya wrote:|om|Dear Zoran, namasteWould not the general act of fasting be construed as an insult to Sri MahaVishnu?best regardsHariOn Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM, ahimsavm <ahimsans (AT) nadlanu (DOT) com> wrote:Om Namah Shivaya,Dear Bojan and others,Here is my point and view about the question raised. 2nd bhava is the bhava of Vishnu, sustainer, and if we fast on the day of UL in 2nd house, we bring insult to Vishnu who provides the food for us. However, to be honest, I have not heard this about 2nd lord and tithi. The basic point is that Upapada is a rashi and carries energy of Vara or day. If you fast on the day ruled by tithi of the 2nd lord, you are bringing the jala energy to vara, and gandanta may occur, and spouse may come into a danger. So, what is the way out. The simple solution is to do vrata which do not conflict with rejection of food. So a person may observe the fast on UL in 2nd day, however, adequate food should be offered as a prasad and eaten before the Sunrise (not complete fast).In this way, results may come a bit later, but will certainly come, while a person will not bring insult to Shri Vishnu by rejecting the food.This is the way I was taught, and ofcourse others may agree or not.Best wishesZoran Radosavljevicwww.siva-edu.infowww.ahimsazr1.wordpress.com

hare rama krishna

Dear Swee where is second lord?

Best wishes, SJC Guru Bojan Vidakovicfor articles and consultations visit http://www.jatavedas.com--- On Wed, 2/4/09, ahimsavm <ahimsans wrote:

ahimsavm <ahimsans Re: ALTERNATIVE TO UPAPADA FASTINGsohamsa Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 7:04 AM

Om Namah Shivaya,Dear Swee,But that exactly proves the point. You are vrishabha lagna and your 2nd lord is not Mars, so fasting on ekadashi has nothing to do with the rules we were discussing. Anyway,fast for Upapada and ekadashi are also fully different. What you are saying about JUS of year 1 is something different.Best wishesZoran Radosavljevicwww.siva-edu. infowww.ahimsazr1. wordpress. comsohamsa@ .com, Swee Chan <swee wrote:>> Jaya Jagannatha> > Dear Hari, Zoki, et al in this discussion,> Namaste> > The tongue in cheek, I'll excuse ;-)) it's my laugh for the day!!> I fast on ekadasi tithi because my UL is in 2nd house (ie 12th lord > is in lagna). Since I was born on sukla paksha, Sanjay ji suggests > that I fast only

on sukla ekadasi.> Zoki, if you listen to JUS of Year I, you will note how Sanjay ji > came to this conclusion.> > love,> > Swee> > > On 3 Feb 2009, at 15:25, Jyotisa Shisya wrote:> > > |om|> > Dear Zoran, namaste> >> > Would not the general act of fasting be construed as an insult to > > Sri MahaVishnu?> >> > best regards> > Hari> >> > On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM, ahimsavm <ahimsans@.. .> wrote:> > Om Namah Shivaya,> > Dear Bojan and others,> > Here is my point and view about the question raised. 2nd bhava is> > the bhava of Vishnu, sustainer, and if we fast on the day of UL in> > 2nd house, we bring insult to Vishnu who provides the food for us.> > However, to be honest, I have not heard this about 2nd

lord and> > tithi. The basic point is that Upapada is a rashi and carries energy> > of Vara or day. If you fast on the day ruled by tithi of the 2nd> > lord, you are bringing the jala energy to vara, and gandanta may> > occur, and spouse may come into a danger. So, what is the way out.> > The simple solution is to do vrata which do not conflict with> > rejection of food. So a person may observe the fast on UL in 2nd> > day, however, adequate food should be offered as a prasad and eaten> > before the Sunrise (not complete fast).In this way, results may come> > a bit later, but will certainly come, while a person will not bring> > insult to Shri Vishnu by rejecting the food.> > This is the way I was taught, and ofcourse others may agree or not.> > Best wishes> > Zoran Radosavljevic> >

www.siva-edu. info> > www.ahimsazr1. wordpress. com> >> >> > .> >> >> >>