Guest guest

Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Rate this topic

Guest guest

II HARE RAMA KRISHNA II

Dear Sarajit Babu,

Namaskar,

Thanks for guiding.

There is no planet in the 5th house . Only exalted Jupiter( R ) is aspecting the house with Rasi Drishti. There is no graha drishti on the house.

Then, what this indicates? <smile>

Best wishes

Dilip Banerjee.

---- Original Message -----

Sarajit Poddar

varahamihira

Thursday, October 23, 2003 10:56 AM

RE: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear Dilipda,

The percentage of Tithi already spent is 86.23% according to your calculation. Just find what is 86.23% of 12 and you have 10.34 as the reminder. Round up and you have 11 as the Jyotirlingam indicating sign. This is kedarnath as you said and represent 5th house. The mission is knowledge and mantra. What else? See what else is indicated by placement of the planets there and the aspects!

Best Wishes

Sarajit

drdilip [drdilip] Wednesday, October 22, 2003 7:35 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

II NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Dear Narasimha ji

Namaste,

Any topic of jyotish gets a new dimension and a higher meaning when you explain. Thanks for explaining so nicely!

In my chart, JHL 5 shows krishna saptami and 13.77 % of it is left. This is subtracted from 100 , and we get 86.23. 86.23*3= 258.69. Dividing it by 25 , we get 10 and some fraction, rounding it up, we get 11. Thus the sign in my case is aquarius. The jyotirlinga is kedarnath.

Aquarius is my 5th house in rasi chart. What is the purpose then of my creation? Mantra sadhana ? Devotion to Lord ? Please explain.

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

-

pvr108

varahamihira

Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:07 AM

|Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Om Namashshivaayai Cha NamashshivaayaDear Karen,Namaste.As the mantra I wrote at the beginning says, Moon and Sun symbolize Shivaa (Parvati) and Shiva respectively. It is their union that produces us all, for various purposes. Your mail captured it well and you remembered Sanjay's teaching so well.BTW, there is an easier way to compute this, if you have JHLite.In JHora or JHoraLite, look at the % of tithi left (both give it). Subtract the number from 100. Multiply the result with 3. Divide the resulting number by 25 and round it up to get an integer. That gives the index to the sign (1=Ar, 2=Ta and so on).Example: In my chart, JHoraLite shows Krishna Chaturdasi and shows the % of tithi left as 85.99%. Now, subtracting 85.99 from 100, I get 100-85.99=14.01. Multiplying with 3, I get 14.01x3=42.03. Dividing 42.03 by 25, I get (1+some fraction). Rounding it *up*, the integer I get is 2. So the sign in my case is Taurus (2nd sign).This sign shows the purpose of one's creation. In my case, Taurus is my 9th house as well as Lagnamsaka. It shows dharma as the purpose of my creation by my parents.Sanjay spoke on this in great detail last year at the west coast seminar too. Get those CDs from Lakshmi!There is one more thing. I don't remember if this was recorded in any of the CD's or not, but Sanjay mentioned using AK and AmK instead of Sun and Moon too (I remember that the first time Sanjay mentioned it was when we were all driving to Lakshmi's house one evening for dinner, but he may have mentioned it in a subsequent class too. I am not sure). Sun and Moon show the natural (naisargika/viswa/universal) atma and mana. They are relevant as far as creation (nisarga) is concerned. Naisargika karakatwas are lorded by Brahma, while chara karakwas are ruled by Vishnu. The individual atma and mana are shown by AK and AmK. They are more relevant as far as one's activities and spiritual progress are concerned (which are a Vishnu thing and not a Brahma thing)!!Sanjay mentioned doing similar calculations based on AK and AmK too. I leave it to you to interpret this...May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha> II OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA II> > Dear Dr. Dilip,> > I heard Sanjay-ji speak of this in this year's East Coast conference briefly. This is what I remember and I hope any errors will be corrected.> > One tithi is defined as 12 degrees of movement of the Moon with respect to the Sun. Each of the 12 degrees that make up a single tithi can be assigned to each of the 12 rasi depending on the portion of the tithi that has passed. The sign of the derived rasi will determine the jyotirlinga.> > Sanjay-ji used his own chart as an example. The chart is attached for reference in .jhd format. > > Moon 19 Aq 58= 319.81 degrees> Sun 21Cn 05= 111.07> > moon-sun= 208.8/ 12 degrees=> > 17.408 > > So 17 tithis have passed and is currently in 18 tithi. Or in other words, 3rd day of the dark half subtracting 15. Most software will do this part..> > 17 tithis x 12 degree/tithi = 204> 208.8- 204= 4.4 degrees into the tithi> Converting this to signs starting from Aries. Fours have passed and the correct sign based on janma tithi is 5 sign i.e Leo.> > The jyotirlinga for Leo, as given in VRA is Dhusaneswar.> > This is my understanding of how the jyotirlinga of the tithi is computed. You helped me by writing that this jyotirlinga is the giver of sacred knowledge. I'm wondering if there is also a benefit to one's health as well.> > Best Wishes,> Karen> > > Dear Gurus and learned members,> > Often we get confused about our purpose in life,- why we have come here, what was the intension of the Supreme Being to send us in this lovely and terrible world! No amount of knowledge found in the books of philosophy can give us satisfaction. A revelation, a spiritual understanding can only quench our thirst for this secrete knowledge.> > In last year's West Coast Conference, Guruji Pt. Sanjay Rath had revealed the way to this sacred knowledge. He told that , the Jyotirlinga associated with the tithi of a person, is the giver of this knowledge. If one constantly does the " Japa" of the Mantra associated with the Jyotirlinga , this knowledge comes easily. > > ......I confused in understanding this. Would anyone please make me understand what Guruji wanted to say i.e. how to find out the Jyotirlinga associated with the Janma Tithi.> > Warm regards> Dilip Banerjee.

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

II Hare Rama Krishna II

Dear Sarajit Babu,

Thank you for guiding.

Best wishes

Dilip Banerjee.

-

Sarajit Poddar

varahamihira

Thursday, October 23, 2003 10:52 AM

RE: |Sri Varaha| Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Lagna lord is the protector of the Lagna and hence Jyotirlingam of the Lagna lord should be worshipped for healthy body.

Best Wishes

Sarajit

drdilip [drdilip] Wednesday, October 22, 2003 6:57 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

II OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Dear Karen Ji

Namaste,

Thank you very much for the nice explanation. This has helped me to understand a great lesson of our Guruji.

For benefit to one's health, I think the jyotirlinga associated with the Lagna is to be worshiped.

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

-

Karen Skoler

varahamihira

Wednesday, October 22, 2003 8:36 AM

Re: |Sri Varaha| Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Dear Dr. Dilip,

I heard Sanjay-ji speak of this in this year's East Coast conference briefly. This is what I remember and I hope any errors will be corrected.

One tithi is defined as 12 degrees of movement of the Moon with respect to the Sun. Each of the 12 degrees that make up a single tithi can be assigned to each of the 12 rasi depending on the portion of the tithi that has passed. The sign of the derived rasi will determine the jyotirlinga.

Sanjay-ji used his own chart as an example. The chart is attached for reference in .jhd format.

Moon 19 Aq 58= 319.81 degrees

Sun 21Cn 05= 111.07

moon-sun= 208.8/ 12 degrees=

So 17 tithis have passed and is currently in 18 tithi. Or in other words, 3rd day of the dark half subtracting 15. Most software will do this part..

17 tithis x 12 degree/tithi = 204

208.8- 204= 4.4 degrees into the tithi

Converting this to signs starting from Aries. Fours have passed and the correct sign based on janma tithi is 5 sign i.e Leo.

The jyotirlinga for Leo, as given in VRA is Dhusaneswar.

This is my understanding of how the jyotirlinga of the tithi is computed. You helped me by writing that this jyotirlinga is the giver of sacred knowledge. I'm wondering if there is also a benefit to one's health as well.

Best Wishes,

Karen

Dear Gurus and learned members,

Often we get confused about our purpose in life,- why we have come here, what was the intension of the Supreme Being to send us in this lovely and terrible world! No amount of knowledge found in the books of philosophy can give us satisfaction. A revelation, a spiritual understanding can only quench our thirst for this secrete knowledge.

In last year's West Coast Conference, Guruji Pt. Sanjay Rath had revealed the way to this sacred knowledge. He told that , the Jyotirlinga associated with the tithi of a person, is the giver of this knowledge. If one constantly does the " Japa" of the Mantra associated with the Jyotirlinga , this knowledge comes easily.

.......I confused in understanding this. Would anyone please make me understand what Guruji wanted to say i.e. how to find out the Jyotirlinga associated with the Janma Tithi.

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.528 / Virus Database: 324 - Release 10/16/03

Guest guest

II OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Dear Robert-ji

Namaste,

You wrote:

" Find the sign of the zodiac representing the Tithi in an individual chart, and then note the peculiarities of that sign in the rasi chart. See the combinations of planets with that sign, the yogas involving it, and very importantly the house that it occupies with reference to the lagna. The sign representing the Tithi thus becomes very specific to the peculiarities of the chart. Take careful note of the nature of benefics or malefics, their Chara karakatwa, as well as other factors influencing that sign. Sanjay taught that this is the most direct way of determining the meaning and purpose of incarnation as indicated by the nativity."It would be nice if you kindly give an example with any chart.

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

A life consecrated to union with the Divine is the only life worth living.

-

Robert A. Koch

varahamihira

Friday, October 24, 2003 12:11 AM

Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Om Gurave Namah~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dear Jay,At 10:56 AM 10/23/03 +0200, you wrote:>Dear Narasimha, Sarajit and members,>>Indeed another fascinating topic of Jyotish but doesn't that 'simply' >leave us (again?) with only 12 groups of "purpose of this life" ?>Please enlighten me/us.>>Kindest regards>Jay WeissThe idea is that the union of the Sun and Moon represents the union of Shiva and Shakti (respectively), thus bringing the source of life and creation to 12 zodiacal signs. This becomes more specific to an individual chart when the percentage of Tithi, times 12, brings the meaning of creation to a *specific* zodiacal sign.So now to your question: Yes, if it were just a matter of 12 signs for the zodiac indicating the purpose of creation of all human beings, things would become rather simplistic. Find the sign of the zodiac representing the Tithi in an individual chart, and then note the peculiarities of that sign in the rasi chart. See the combinations of planets with that sign, the yogas involving it, and very importantly the house that it occupies with reference to the lagna. The sign representing the Tithi thus becomes very specific to the peculiarities of the chart. Take careful note of the nature of benefics or malefics, their Chara karakatwa, as well as other factors influencing that sign. Sanjay taught that this is the most direct way of determining the meaning and purpose of incarnation as indicated by the nativity.Hope that helps.....Best wishes,Robert~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Robert A. Koch, Vedic AstrologerFaculty Member, SJC and ACVAvisit <http://www.robertkoch.com>Ph: 541.318.0248

Guest guest

II OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Often we get confused about our purpose in life,- why we have come here, what was the intension of the Supreme Being to send us in this lovely and terrible world! No amount of knowledge found in the books of philosophy can give us satisfaction. A revelation, a spiritual understanding can only quench our thirst for this secrete knowledge.

In last year's West Coast Conference, Guruji Pt. Sanjay Rath had revealed the way to this sacred knowledge. He told that , the Jyotirlinga associated with the tithi of a person, is the giver of this knowledge. If one constantly does the " Japa" of the Mantra associated with the Jyotirlinga , this knowledge comes easily.

.......I confused in understanding this. Would anyone please make me understand what Guruji wanted to say i.e. how to find out the Jyotirlinga associated with the Janma Tithi.

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.528 / Virus Database: 324 - Release 10/16/03

Guest guest

|| Jaya Jagannath ||

Dear Dilipda,

Each tithi is

lorded by a planet. Probably it is the Jyotirlingam

associated with the lord of the tithi which is to be

worshipped.

Best Wishes

Sarajit

drdilip

[drdilip]

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

6:52 PM

varahamihira

|Sri Varaha| Jyotirlinga

& the knowledge of the purpose of life

II OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Often we get confused about our purpose in life,- why we

have come here, what was the intension of the Supreme Being to send us in this

lovely and terrible world! No amount of knowledge found in the books of

philosophy can give us satisfaction. A revelation, a spiritual understanding

can only quench our thirst for this secrete knowledge.

In last year's West Coast Conference, Guruji Pt. Sanjay Rath had

revealed the way to this sacred knowledge. He told that , the Jyotirlinga

associated with the tithi of a person, is the giver of this knowledge. If one

constantly does the " Japa " of the Mantra associated with

the Jyotirlinga , this knowledge comes easily.

.......I confused in understanding this. Would anyone please make

me understand what Guruji wanted to say i.e. how to find out the

Jyotirlinga associated with the Janma Tithi.

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.528 / Virus Database: 324 - Release 10/16/03

|Om Tat Sat|

http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

II OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Dear Dr. Dilip,

I heard Sanjay-ji speak of this in this year's East Coast conference briefly. This is what I remember and I hope any errors will be corrected.

One tithi is defined as 12 degrees of movement of the Moon with respect to the Sun. Each of the 12 degrees that make up a single tithi can be assigned to each of the 12 rasi depending on the portion of the tithi that has passed. The sign of the derived rasi will determine the jyotirlinga.

Sanjay-ji used his own chart as an example. The chart is attached for reference in .jhd format.

Sun 21Cn 05= 111.07

So 17 tithis have passed and is currently in 18 tithi. Or in other words, 3rd day of the dark half subtracting 15. Most software will do this part..

Converting this to signs starting from Aries. Fours have passed and the correct sign based on janma tithi is 5 sign i.e Leo.

This is my understanding of how the jyotirlinga of the tithi is computed. You helped me by writing that this jyotirlinga is the giver of sacred knowledge. I'm wondering if there is also a benefit to one's health as well.

Best Wishes,

Karen

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

Guest guest

Om Namashshivaayai Cha Namashshivaaya

Dear Karen,

Namaste.

As the mantra I wrote at the beginning says, Moon and Sun symbolize

Shivaa (Parvati) and Shiva respectively. It is their union that

produces us all, for various purposes. Your mail captured it well

and you remembered Sanjay's teaching so well.

BTW, there is an easier way to compute this, if you have JHLite.

In JHora or JHoraLite, look at the % of tithi left (both give it).

Subtract the number from 100. Multiply the result with 3. Divide the

resulting number by 25 and round it up to get an integer. That gives

the index to the sign (1=Ar, 2=Ta and so on).

Example: In my chart, JHoraLite shows Krishna Chaturdasi and shows

the % of tithi left as 85.99%. Now, subtracting 85.99 from 100, I

get 100-85.99=14.01. Multiplying with 3, I get 14.01x3=42.03.

Dividing 42.03 by 25, I get (1+some fraction). Rounding it *up*, the

integer I get is 2. So the sign in my case is Taurus (2nd sign).

This sign shows the purpose of one's creation. In my case, Taurus is

my 9th house as well as Lagnamsaka. It shows dharma as the purpose

of my creation by my parents.

Sanjay spoke on this in great detail last year at the west coast

seminar too. Get those CDs from Lakshmi!

There is one more thing. I don't remember if this was recorded in

any of the CD's or not, but Sanjay mentioned using AK and AmK

instead of Sun and Moon too (I remember that the first time Sanjay

mentioned it was when we were all driving to Lakshmi's house one

evening for dinner, but he may have mentioned it in a subsequent

class too. I am not sure). Sun and Moon show the natural

(naisargika/viswa/universal) atma and mana. They are relevant as far

as creation (nisarga) is concerned. Naisargika karakatwas are lorded

by Brahma, while chara karakwas are ruled by Vishnu. The individual

atma and mana are shown by AK and AmK. They are more relevant as far

as one's activities and spiritual progress are concerned (which are

a Vishnu thing and not a Brahma thing)!!

Sanjay mentioned doing similar calculations based on AK and AmK too.

I leave it to you to interpret this...

May Jupiter's light shine on us,

Narasimha

> II OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

>

> Dear Dr. Dilip,

>

> I heard Sanjay-ji speak of this in this year's East Coast

conference briefly. This is what I remember and I hope any errors

will be corrected.

>

> One tithi is defined as 12 degrees of movement of the Moon with

respect to the Sun. Each of the 12 degrees that make up a single

tithi can be assigned to each of the 12 rasi depending on the

portion of the tithi that has passed. The sign of the derived rasi

will determine the jyotirlinga.

>

> Sanjay-ji used his own chart as an example. The chart is

attached for reference in .jhd format.

>

> Moon 19 Aq 58= 319.81 degrees

> Sun 21Cn 05= 111.07

>

> moon-sun= 208.8/ 12 degrees=

>

> 17.408

>

> So 17 tithis have passed and is currently in 18 tithi. Or in

other words, 3rd day of the dark half subtracting 15. Most

software will do this part..

>

> 17 tithis x 12 degree/tithi = 204

> 208.8- 204= 4.4 degrees into the tithi

> Converting this to signs starting from Aries. Fours have passed

and the correct sign based on janma tithi is 5 sign i.e Leo.

>

> The jyotirlinga for Leo, as given in VRA is Dhusaneswar.

>

> This is my understanding of how the jyotirlinga of the tithi is

computed. You helped me by writing that this jyotirlinga is the

giver of sacred knowledge. I'm wondering if there is also a benefit

to one's health as well.

>

> Best Wishes,

> Karen

>

>

> Dear Gurus and learned members,

>

> Often we get confused about our purpose in life,- why we have

come here, what was the intension of the Supreme Being to send us in

this lovely and terrible world! No amount of knowledge found in the

books of philosophy can give us satisfaction. A revelation, a

spiritual understanding can only quench our thirst for this secrete

knowledge.

>

> In last year's West Coast Conference, Guruji Pt. Sanjay Rath had

revealed the way to this sacred knowledge. He told that , the

Jyotirlinga associated with the tithi of a person, is the giver of

this knowledge. If one constantly does the " Japa " of the Mantra

associated with the Jyotirlinga , this knowledge comes easily.

>

> ......I confused in understanding this. Would anyone please make

>

> Warm regards

> Dilip Banerjee.

Guest guest

II OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Dear Karen Ji

Namaste,

Thank you very much for the nice explanation. This has helped me to understand a great lesson of our Guruji.

For benefit to one's health, I think the jyotirlinga associated with the Lagna is to be worshiped.

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

-

Karen Skoler

varahamihira

Wednesday, October 22, 2003 8:36 AM

Re: |Sri Varaha| Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Dear Dr. Dilip,

Sun 21Cn 05= 111.07

Best Wishes,

Karen

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

Guest guest

II NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Dear Narasimha ji

Namaste,

Any topic of jyotish gets a new dimension and a higher meaning when you explain. Thanks for explaining so nicely!

In my chart, JHL 5 shows krishna saptami and 13.77 % of it is left. This is subtracted from 100 , and we get 86.23. 86.23*3= 258.69. Dividing it by 25 , we get 10 and some fraction, rounding it up, we get 11. Thus the sign in my case is aquarius. The jyotirlinga is kedarnath.

Aquarius is my 5th house in rasi chart. What is the purpose then of my creation? Mantra sadhana ? Devotion to Lord ? Please explain.

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

-

pvr108

varahamihira

Om Namashshivaayai Cha NamashshivaayaDear Karen,Namaste.As the mantra I wrote at the beginning says, Moon and Sun symbolize Shivaa (Parvati) and Shiva respectively. It is their union that produces us all, for various purposes. Your mail captured it well and you remembered Sanjay's teaching so well.BTW, there is an easier way to compute this, if you have JHLite.In JHora or JHoraLite, look at the % of tithi left (both give it). Subtract the number from 100. Multiply the result with 3. Divide the resulting number by 25 and round it up to get an integer. That gives the index to the sign (1=Ar, 2=Ta and so on).Example: In my chart, JHoraLite shows Krishna Chaturdasi and shows the % of tithi left as 85.99%. Now, subtracting 85.99 from 100, I get 100-85.99=14.01. Multiplying with 3, I get 14.01x3=42.03. Dividing 42.03 by 25, I get (1+some fraction). Rounding it *up*, the integer I get is 2. So the sign in my case is Taurus (2nd sign).This sign shows the purpose of one's creation. In my case, Taurus is my 9th house as well as Lagnamsaka. It shows dharma as the purpose of my creation by my parents.Sanjay spoke on this in great detail last year at the west coast seminar too. Get those CDs from Lakshmi!There is one more thing. I don't remember if this was recorded in any of the CD's or not, but Sanjay mentioned using AK and AmK instead of Sun and Moon too (I remember that the first time Sanjay mentioned it was when we were all driving to Lakshmi's house one evening for dinner, but he may have mentioned it in a subsequent class too. I am not sure). Sun and Moon show the natural (naisargika/viswa/universal) atma and mana. They are relevant as far as creation (nisarga) is concerned. Naisargika karakatwas are lorded by Brahma, while chara karakwas are ruled by Vishnu. The individual atma and mana are shown by AK and AmK. They are more relevant as far as one's activities and spiritual progress are concerned (which are a Vishnu thing and not a Brahma thing)!!Sanjay mentioned doing similar calculations based on AK and AmK too. I leave it to you to interpret this...May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha> II OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA II> > Dear Dr. Dilip,> > I heard Sanjay-ji speak of this in this year's East Coast conference briefly. This is what I remember and I hope any errors will be corrected.> > One tithi is defined as 12 degrees of movement of the Moon with respect to the Sun. Each of the 12 degrees that make up a single tithi can be assigned to each of the 12 rasi depending on the portion of the tithi that has passed. The sign of the derived rasi will determine the jyotirlinga.> > Sanjay-ji used his own chart as an example. The chart is attached for reference in .jhd format. > > Moon 19 Aq 58= 319.81 degrees> Sun 21Cn 05= 111.07> > moon-sun= 208.8/ 12 degrees=> > 17.408 > > So 17 tithis have passed and is currently in 18 tithi. Or in other words, 3rd day of the dark half subtracting 15. Most software will do this part..> > 17 tithis x 12 degree/tithi = 204> 208.8- 204= 4.4 degrees into the tithi> Converting this to signs starting from Aries. Fours have passed and the correct sign based on janma tithi is 5 sign i.e Leo.> > The jyotirlinga for Leo, as given in VRA is Dhusaneswar.> > This is my understanding of how the jyotirlinga of the tithi is computed. You helped me by writing that this jyotirlinga is the giver of sacred knowledge. I'm wondering if there is also a benefit to one's health as well.> > Best Wishes,> Karen> > > Dear Gurus and learned members,> > Often we get confused about our purpose in life,- why we have come here, what was the intension of the Supreme Being to send us in this lovely and terrible world! No amount of knowledge found in the books of philosophy can give us satisfaction. A revelation, a spiritual understanding can only quench our thirst for this secrete knowledge.> > In last year's West Coast Conference, Guruji Pt. Sanjay Rath had revealed the way to this sacred knowledge. He told that , the Jyotirlinga associated with the tithi of a person, is the giver of this knowledge. If one constantly does the " Japa" of the Mantra associated with the Jyotirlinga , this knowledge comes easily. > > ......I confused in understanding this. Would anyone please make me understand what Guruji wanted to say i.e. how to find out the Jyotirlinga associated with the Janma Tithi.> > Warm regards> Dilip Banerjee.

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Narasimha,

When you round the number in the example you gave, is it always the next integer or the closest one.Thanks.

Hare Krishna

Sudharsanpvr108 <pvr wrote:

Om Namashshivaayai Cha NamashshivaayaDear Karen,Namaste.As the mantra I wrote at the beginning says, Moon and Sun symbolize Shivaa (Parvati) and Shiva respectively. It is their union that produces us all, for various purposes. Your mail captured it well and you remembered Sanjay's teaching so well.BTW, there is an easier way to compute this, if you have JHLite.In JHora or JHoraLite, look at the % of tithi left (both give it). Subtract the number from 100. Multiply the result with 3. Divide the resulting number by 25 and round it up to get an integer. That gives the index to the sign (1=Ar, 2=Ta and so on).Example: In my chart, JHoraLite shows Krishna Chaturdasi and shows the % of tithi left as 85.99%. Now, subtracting 85.99 from 100, I get 100-85.99=14.01. Multiplying with 3, I get 14.01x3=42.03.

Dividing 42.03 by 25, I get (1+some fraction). Rounding it *up*, the integer I get is 2. So the sign in my case is Taurus (2nd sign).This sign shows the purpose of one's creation. In my case, Taurus is my 9th house as well as Lagnamsaka. It shows dharma as the purpose of my creation by my parents.Sanjay spoke on this in great detail last year at the west coast seminar too. Get those CDs from Lakshmi!There is one more thing. I don't remember if this was recorded in any of the CD's or not, but Sanjay mentioned using AK and AmK instead of Sun and Moon too (I remember that the first time Sanjay mentioned it was when we were all driving to Lakshmi's house one evening for dinner, but he may have mentioned it in a subsequent class too. I am not sure). Sun and Moon show the natural (naisargika/viswa/universal) atma and mana. They are relevant as far as creation (nisarga) is concerned. Naisargika karakatwas are lorded

by Brahma, while chara karakwas are ruled by Vishnu. The individual atma and mana are shown by AK and AmK. They are more relevant as far as one's activities and spiritual progress are concerned (which are a Vishnu thing and not a Brahma thing)!!Sanjay mentioned doing similar calculations based on AK and AmK too. I leave it to you to interpret this...May Jupiter's light shine on us,Narasimha> II OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA II> > Dear Dr. Dilip,> > I heard Sanjay-ji speak of this in this year's East Coast conference briefly. This is what I remember and I hope any errors will be corrected.> > One tithi is defined as 12 degrees of movement of the Moon with respect to the Sun. Each of the 12 degrees that make up a single tithi can be assigned to each of the 12 rasi depending on the portion of the tithi that has passed. The sign of the derived rasi will

determine the jyotirlinga.> > Sanjay-ji used his own chart as an example. The chart is attached for reference in .jhd format. > > Moon 19 Aq 58= 319.81 degrees> Sun 21Cn 05= 111.07> > moon-sun= 208.8/ 12 degrees=> > 17.408 > > So 17 tithis have passed and is currently in 18 tithi. Or in other words, 3rd day of the dark half subtracting 15. Most software will do this part..> > 17 tithis x 12 degree/tithi = 204> 208.8- 204= 4.4 degrees into the tithi> Converting this to signs starting from Aries. Fours have passed and the correct sign based on janma tithi is 5 sign i.e Leo.> > The jyotirlinga for Leo, as given in VRA is Dhusaneswar.> > This is my understanding of how the jyotirlinga of the tithi is computed. You helped me by

writing that this jyotirlinga is the giver of sacred knowledge. I'm wondering if there is also a benefit to one's health as well.> > Best Wishes,> Karen> > > Dear Gurus and learned members,> > Often we get confused about our purpose in life,- why we have come here, what was the intension of the Supreme Being to send us in this lovely and terrible world! No amount of knowledge found in the books of philosophy can give us satisfaction. A revelation, a spiritual understanding can only quench our thirst for this secrete knowledge.> > In last year's West Coast Conference, Guruji Pt. Sanjay Rath had revealed the way to this sacred knowledge. He told that , the Jyotirlinga associated with the tithi of a person, is the giver of this knowledge. If one constantly does the " Japa" of the Mantra associated with the Jyotirlinga , this

knowledge comes easily. > > ......I confused in understanding this. Would anyone please make me understand what Guruji wanted to say i.e. how to find out the Jyotirlinga associated with the Janma Tithi.> > Warm regards> Dilip Banerjee.|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna

Hi Sudharsan,

The whole number indicates the number of complete tithis that have passed. The remainder is the percentage of the current tithi that has passed. Therefore, always round up to the next whole number to find the current tithi, not down.

Best Wishes,

Karen

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Narasimha,

When you round the number in the example you gave, is it always the next integer or the closest one.Thanks.

Hare Krishna

Sudharsan

Guest guest

I would've commonly thought "rounding up" meant the nearest whole... or is it? :)

-

Sudharsan Srinivasan

varahamihira

Wednesday, October 22, 2003 5:10 PM

Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Narasimha,

Hare Krishna

Sudharsan

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential; they are for the use of the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, do not copy or disclose its contents and please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. Email transmission is not a secure means of communication nor is it guaranteed to be error free; emails can be intercepted, lost, destroyed, corrupted or contain viruses. the sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, nor does it accept liability for any loss or damage caused by viruses.

Dodsal Pte Ltd.

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal - For more information please visit www.marshalsoftware.com

Guest guest

Dear Sudharsan,

You have to round upwards to the next integer. Both 1.8 and 1.1

become 2 on rounding *up*.

If you noted in my example, I did not even calculate the fraction. I

just noted it as 1 + some fraction, and wrote 2 straight away.

Narasimha

> Hare Rama Krishna

>

> Dear Narasimha,

>

> When you round the number in the example you gave, is it always the

next integer or the closest one.Thanks.

>

> Hare Krishna

>

> Sudharsan

Guest guest

Dear Narasimha-ji,

Namaste.

Thank you for confirming my understanding and adding so much more to Sanjay-ji's explanation. I will definitely get the more of last years recordings from Ukiah so I can understand this subject better, especially the meaning of the other house positions of the where the jyotirlinga falls.

The mantra you gave is beautiful. Thanks for that. Can I ask you how many aksharas it is? I'm counting 12, but not sure if "yai" is counted as one akshara or 2. I counted it as 1.

I do have JHora, and knew there must be an easier way, but I gave the teaching as Sanjay-ji presented it in class before you arrived. It's nice to know the shorter method.

It is wonderful to learn that the AK- Amk differential is also important. I will think more on it's meaning and usefulness. Is it correct to say that the Sun-Moon difference, ruled by Bramha, has more to do with the life purpose in this incarnation, and the creation of this particular body; whereas, the AK- AmK differential has more to do with the creation of the Atma ( soul) itself and it's overall purpose throughout many incarnations?

At your service,

Karen

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Karen,

You wrote-

"the AK- AmK differential has more to do with the creation of the Atma ( soul) itself and it's overall purpose throughout many incarnations?"

According to the Srimad Bagavad Gita, the soul is eternal being a part and parcel of the Lord and is not created. In that light, IMHO the AK-AmK connection might indicate the Gati (direction) in this lifetime as these are chara karakas. I would love to learn more on this one. Do you know the specific west coast lecture that Narasimha is referring to? Many Thanks.

Hare Krishna

Sudharsan Karen Skoler <nykaren wrote:

Dear Narasimha-ji,

Namaste.

Thank you for confirming my understanding and adding so much more to Sanjay-ji's explanation. I will definitely get the more of last years recordings from Ukiah so I can understand this subject better, especially the meaning of the other house positions of the where the jyotirlinga falls.

The mantra you gave is beautiful. Thanks for that. Can I ask you how many aksharas it is? I'm counting 12, but not sure if "yai" is counted as one akshara or 2. I counted it as 1.

I do have JHora, and knew there must be an easier way, but I gave the teaching as Sanjay-ji presented it in class before you arrived. It's nice to know the shorter method.

It is wonderful to learn that the AK- Amk differential is also important. I will think more on it's meaning and usefulness. Is it correct to say that the Sun-Moon difference, ruled by Bramha, has more to do with the life purpose in this incarnation, and the creation of this particular body; whereas, the AK- AmK differential has more to do with the creation of the Atma ( soul) itself and it's overall purpose throughout many incarnations?

At your service,

Karen

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Sudharsan,

You are no doubt more learned in this area, and perhaps there are also different schools of though on this subject. Maybe my use of the word creation of the soul was incorrect. Is formation a better choice? My understanding is that within the heart lotus, resides the jiva atma (the human soul) and separately, the paramatma, the Divine Soul. As, Sanjay- ji said, the 2 parrots talking to eachother. Only is the special cases are two the same, and then the person is a true representation of God. As in, when the planet of 12th from the Karakamsa is the same as the AK. I think Sri Caitanya's chart was given as an example, but I don't have the details handy. Perhaps the AK-Amk difference shows the purpose of that specific jivatma's formation? Is that possible. If you assign AK- Amk as gati in this lifetime, what would you assign to Moon-Sun?

I also would like to understand this concept better. I don't know what specific lecture this was given in. Perhaps Lakshmi can help you with that. I was considering getting all the remaining recording that I haven't gotten so far.

With best wishes,

Karen

Hare Rama Krishna

Dear Karen,

You wrote-

"the AK- AmK differential has more to do with the creation of the Atma ( soul) itself and it's overall purpose throughout many incarnations?"

According to the Srimad Bagavad Gita, the soul is eternal being a part and parcel of the Lord and is not created. In that light, IMHO the AK-AmK connection might indicate the Gati (direction) in this lifetime as these are chara karakas. I would love to learn more on this one. Do you know the specific west coast lecture that Narasimha is referring to? Many Thanks.

Hare Krishna

Sudharsan

Guest guest

|| Jaya Jagannath ||

Dear Karen and Narasimha,

Thanks a lot for sharing this knowledge of finding the Jyotirlingam

based on the Tithi. You have given a nice formula. However simply put it

is the percent of tithi elapsed mapped in the zodiac. So in Narasimha's

case it is 14.01% of 12 which comes to 2nd sign or Taurus.

The other way to find out is to find the reminder when the arc covered

by Moon relative to Sun is divided by 12. For illustration let's take

Karen's case. The arc covered by Moon wrt Sun is 209 deg (208.8 rounded

up). Expunging multiples of 12 we get the reminder as 5, which happen to

be Leo.

Now for the AK and AmK, I think the following method can be used. Find

how far Amk has moved from Ak. Expunge multiples of 12 from the arc

between Sun and Moon. Take the reminder and that shall show the

Jyotirlingam. If someone got the percentage of tithi covered, just

multiply with 12 to get the Jyotirlingam.

Best Wishes

Sarajit

pvr108 [pvr]

Wednesday, October 22, 2003 12:37 PM

varahamihira

|Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of

life

Dear Karen,

Namaste.

As the mantra I wrote at the beginning says, Moon and Sun symbolize

Shivaa (Parvati) and Shiva respectively. It is their union that

produces us all, for various purposes. Your mail captured it well

BTW, there is an easier way to compute this, if you have JHLite.

In JHora or JHoraLite, look at the % of tithi left (both give it).

Subtract the number from 100. Multiply the result with 3. Divide the

resulting number by 25 and round it up to get an integer. That gives

Example: In my chart, JHoraLite shows Krishna Chaturdasi and shows

the % of tithi left as 85.99%. Now, subtracting 85.99 from 100, I

get 100-85.99=14.01. Multiplying with 3, I get 14.01x3=42.03.

Dividing 42.03 by 25, I get (1+some fraction). Rounding it *up*, the

integer I get is 2. So the sign in my case is Taurus (2nd sign).

This sign shows the purpose of one's creation. In my case, Taurus is

my 9th house as well as Lagnamsaka. It shows dharma as the purpose

Sanjay spoke on this in great detail last year at the west coast

There is one more thing. I don't remember if this was recorded in

any of the CD's or not, but Sanjay mentioned using AK and AmK

instead of Sun and Moon too (I remember that the first time Sanjay

mentioned it was when we were all driving to Lakshmi's house one

evening for dinner, but he may have mentioned it in a subsequent

class too. I am not sure). Sun and Moon show the natural

(naisargika/viswa/universal) atma and mana. They are relevant as far

as creation (nisarga) is concerned. Naisargika karakatwas are lorded

by Brahma, while chara karakwas are ruled by Vishnu. The individual

atma and mana are shown by AK and AmK. They are more relevant as far

as one's activities and spiritual progress are concerned (which are

Sanjay mentioned doing similar calculations based on AK and AmK too.

Narasimha

>

> Dear Dr. Dilip,

>

> I heard Sanjay-ji speak of this in this year's East Coast

conference briefly. This is what I remember and I hope any errors

will be corrected.

>

> One tithi is defined as 12 degrees of movement of the Moon with

respect to the Sun. Each of the 12 degrees that make up a single

tithi can be assigned to each of the 12 rasi depending on the

portion of the tithi that has passed. The sign of the derived rasi

>

> Sanjay-ji used his own chart as an example. The chart is

>

> Sun 21Cn 05= 111.07

>

>

> 17.408

>

> So 17 tithis have passed and is currently in 18 tithi. Or in

other words, 3rd day of the dark half subtracting 15. Most

>

> Converting this to signs starting from Aries. Fours have passed

and the correct sign based on janma tithi is 5 sign i.e Leo.

>

> The jyotirlinga for Leo, as given in VRA is Dhusaneswar.

>

> This is my understanding of how the jyotirlinga of the tithi is

computed. You helped me by writing that this jyotirlinga is the

giver of sacred knowledge. I'm wondering if there is also a benefit

to one's health as well.

>

> Best Wishes,

> Karen

>

>

>

> Often we get confused about our purpose in life,- why we have

come here, what was the intension of the Supreme Being to send us in

this lovely and terrible world! No amount of knowledge found in the

books of philosophy can give us satisfaction. A revelation, a

spiritual understanding can only quench our thirst for this secrete

knowledge.

>

> In last year's West Coast Conference, Guruji Pt. Sanjay Rath had

revealed the way to this sacred knowledge. He told that , the

Jyotirlinga associated with the tithi of a person, is the giver of

this knowledge. If one constantly does the " Japa " of the Mantra

associated with the Jyotirlinga , this knowledge comes easily.

>

> ......I confused in understanding this. Would anyone please make

>

> Warm regards

> Dilip Banerjee.

|Om Tat Sat|

Guest guest

|| Jaya Jagannath ||

Dear Dilipda,

Lagna lord is the protector of the Lagna

and hence Jyotirlingam of the Lagna lord should be worshipped for healthy body.

Best Wishes

Sarajit

drdilip

[drdilip]

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

6:57 PM

varahamihira

Re: |Sri Varaha|

II OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Dear Karen Ji

Namaste,

Thank

you very much for the nice explanation. This has helped me to understand a

great lesson of our Guruji.

For

benefit to one's health, I think the jyotirlinga associated with the Lagna is

to be worshiped.

Warm

regards

Dilip

Banerjee.

-----

Original Message -----

Karen Skoler

varahamihira

Wednesday, October 22,

2003 8:36 AM

Re:

|Sri Varaha| Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Dear Dr. Dilip,

I heard

Sanjay-ji speak of this in this year's East Coast conference briefly.

This is what I remember and I hope any errors will be corrected.

One

tithi is defined as 12 degrees of movement of the Moon with respect to the

Sun. Each of the 12 degrees that make up a single tithi can be

assigned to each of the 12 rasi depending on the portion of the tithi that has

passed. The sign of the derived rasi will determine the jyotirlinga.

Sanjay-ji

used his own chart as an example. The chart is attached for

reference in .jhd format.

Moon

19 Aq 58= 319.81 degrees

Sun

21Cn 05= 111.07

moon-sun=

208.8/ 12 degrees=

So 17

tithis have passed and is currently in 18 tithi. Or in other words,

3rd day of the dark half subtracting 15. Most software will do this

part..

tithis x 12 degree/tithi = 204

208.8-

204= 4.4 degrees into the tithi

Converting

this to signs starting from Aries. Fours have passed and the correct sign

based on janma tithi is 5 sign i.e Leo.

The

jyotirlinga for Leo, as given in VRA is Dhusaneswar.

This is

my understanding of how the jyotirlinga of the tithi is computed. You

helped me by writing that this jyotirlinga is the giver of

sacred knowledge. I'm wondering if there is also a benefit to one's

health as well.

Best

Wishes,

Karen

Often we get confused about our purpose in life,- why we

have come here, what was the intension of the Supreme Being to send us in this

lovely and terrible world! No amount of knowledge found in the books of

philosophy can give us satisfaction. A revelation, a spiritual understanding

can only quench our thirst for this secrete knowledge.

In last year's West Coast Conference, Guruji Pt. Sanjay Rath had

revealed the way to this sacred knowledge. He told that , the Jyotirlinga

associated with the tithi of a person, is the giver of this knowledge. If one

constantly does the " Japa " of the Mantra associated with

the Jyotirlinga , this knowledge comes easily.

.......I confused in understanding this. Would anyone please make

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

---

|Om Tat Sat|

Guest guest

|| Jaya Jagannath ||

Dear Dilipda,

The percentage of Tithi

already spent is 86.23% according to your calculation. Just find what is 86.23%

of 12 and you have 10.34 as the reminder. Round up and you have 11 as the

Jyotirlingam indicating sign. This is kedarnath as

you said and represent 5th house. The mission is knowledge and

mantra. What else? See what else is indicated by placement of the planets there

and the aspects!

Best Wishes

Sarajit

drdilip

[drdilip]

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

7:35 PM

varahamihira

Re: |Sri Varaha| Re:

II

NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Dear

Narasimha ji

Namaste,

Any

topic of jyotish gets a new dimension and a higher meaning when you

explain. Thanks for explaining so nicely!

In

my chart, JHL 5 shows krishna saptami and 13.77 % of it is left. This is

subtracted from 100 , and we get 86.23. 86.23*3= 258.69. Dividing it by

25 , we get 10 and some fraction, rounding it up, we get 11. Thus the sign in

my case is aquarius. The jyotirlinga is kedarnath.

Aquarius

is my 5th house in rasi chart. What is the purpose then of my creation? Mantra

sadhana ? Devotion to Lord ? Please explain.

Warm

regards

Dilip

Banerjee.

-

pvr108

varahamihira

Wednesday,

October 22, 2003 10:07 AM

|Sri

Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Dear Karen,

Namaste.

As the mantra I wrote at the beginning says, Moon

and Sun symbolize

Shivaa (Parvati) and Shiva respectively. It is

their union that

produces us all, for various purposes. Your mail

captured it well

BTW, there is an easier way to compute this, if

you have JHLite.

In JHora or JHoraLite, look at the % of tithi left

(both give it).

Subtract the number from 100. Multiply the result

with 3. Divide the

resulting number by 25 and round it up to get an

integer. That gives

Example: In my chart, JHoraLite shows Krishna

Chaturdasi and shows

the % of tithi left as 85.99%. Now, subtracting

85.99 from 100, I

get 100-85.99=14.01. Multiplying with 3, I get

14.01x3=42.03.

Dividing 42.03 by 25, I get (1+some fraction).

Rounding it *up*, the

integer I get is 2. So the sign in my case is

Taurus (2nd sign).

This sign shows the purpose of one's creation. In

my case, Taurus is

my 9th house as well as Lagnamsaka. It shows

dharma as the purpose

Sanjay spoke on this in great detail last year at

the west coast

There is one more thing. I don't remember if this

was recorded in

any of the CD's or not, but Sanjay mentioned using

AK and AmK

instead of Sun and Moon too (I remember that the

first time Sanjay

mentioned it was when we were all driving to

Lakshmi's house one

evening for dinner, but he may have mentioned it

in a subsequent

class too. I am not sure). Sun and Moon show the

natural

(naisargika/viswa/universal) atma and mana. They

are relevant as far

as creation (nisarga) is concerned. Naisargika

karakatwas are lorded

by Brahma, while chara karakwas are ruled by

Vishnu. The individual

atma and mana are shown by AK and AmK. They are

more relevant as far

as one's activities and spiritual progress are

concerned (which are

Sanjay mentioned doing similar calculations based

on AK and AmK too.

Narasimha

>

> Dear Dr. Dilip,

>

> I heard Sanjay-ji speak of this in this

year's East Coast

conference briefly. This is what I remember

and I hope any errors

will be corrected.

>

> One tithi is defined as 12 degrees of

movement of the Moon with

respect to the Sun. Each of the 12

degrees that make up a single

tithi can be assigned to each of the 12 rasi

depending on the

portion of the tithi that has passed. The sign of

the derived rasi

>

> Sanjay-ji used his own chart as an

example. The chart is

>

> Sun 21Cn 05=

>

>

> 17.408

>

> So 17 tithis have passed and is currently in

18 tithi. Or in

other words, 3rd day of the dark half

subtracting 15. Most

>

> Converting this to signs starting from

Aries. Fours have passed

and the correct sign based on janma tithi is 5

sign i.e Leo.

>

> The jyotirlinga for Leo, as given in VRA is

Dhusaneswar.

>

> This is my understanding of how the

jyotirlinga of the tithi is

computed. You helped me by writing that this

jyotirlinga is the

giver of sacred knowledge. I'm wondering if

there is also a benefit

to one's health as well.

>

> Best Wishes,

> Karen

>

>

>

> Often we get confused about

our purpose in life,- why we have

come here, what was the intension of the Supreme

Being to send us in

this lovely and terrible world! No amount of

knowledge found in the

books of philosophy can give us satisfaction. A

revelation, a

spiritual understanding can only quench our thirst

for this secrete

knowledge.

>

> In last year's West Coast

Conference, Guruji Pt. Sanjay Rath had

revealed the way to this sacred knowledge. He told

that , the

Jyotirlinga associated with the tithi of a person,

is the giver of

this knowledge. If one constantly does the "

Japa " of the Mantra

associated with the Jyotirlinga , this knowledge

comes easily.

>

> ......I confused in understanding

this. Would anyone please make

me understand what Guruji wanted to say i.e.

how to find out the

>

> Warm regards

> Dilip Banerjee.

|Om

Tat Sat|

Your use of

is subject to the

Terms of Service.

---

|Om

Tat Sat|

Your use of

is subject to the

Terms of Service.

Guest guest

Satyam Bruyat Priyam Bruyat

Dear Sarajitji,

I would like to know my purpose of life too. My tithi left is 2.78%, hence spent is 97.22%. As per this my Jyotirlingam will be indicated by 12th sign which is Pisces! I am a Leo lagna and Pisces is my 8th house. What would be the purpose of my life?

One of the earlier mails indicated Triyambekshwara as my Jyotirlinga that I should pray. Is that right?

Thank you for your help and kind regards

Ramesh

Sarajit Poddar [sarajit]Thursday, October 23, 2003 9:27 AMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

The percentage of Tithi already spent is 86.23% according to your calculation. Just find what is 86.23% of 12 and you have 10.34 as the reminder. Round up and you have 11 as the Jyotirlingam indicating sign. This is kedarnath as you said and represent 5th house. The mission is knowledge and mantra. What else? See what else is indicated by placement of the planets there and the aspects!

Best Wishes

Sarajit

drdilip [drdilip] Wednesday, October 22, 2003 7:35 PMvarahamihira Subject: Re: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

II NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Dear Narasimha ji

Namaste,

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

-

pvr108

varahamihira

Guest guest

Dear Narasimha, Sarajit and members,

Indeed another fascinating topic of Jyotish but doesn't that 'simply' leave us (again?) with only 12 groups of "purpose of this life" ?

Please enlighten me/us.

Kindest regards

Jay Weiss

-

Ramesh Gangaramani

varahamihira

Thursday, October 23, 2003 9:30 AM

RE: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Satyam Bruyat Priyam Bruyat

Dear Sarajitji,

I would like to know my purpose of life too. My tithi left is 2.78%, hence spent is 97.22%. As per this my Jyotirlingam will be indicated by 12th sign which is Pisces! I am a Leo lagna and Pisces is my 8th house. What would be the purpose of my life?

One of the earlier mails indicated Triyambekshwara as my Jyotirlinga that I should pray. Is that right?

Thank you for your help and kind regards

Ramesh

Sarajit Poddar [sarajit]Thursday, October 23, 2003 9:27 AMvarahamihira Subject: RE: |Sri Varaha| Re: Jyotirlinga & the knowledge of the purpose of life

Best Wishes

Sarajit

II NAMAH SHIVAAYA II

Dear Narasimha ji

Namaste,

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

-

pvr108

varahamihira

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Narasimha,

Thank you, and Karen, for writing on Tithis and Jyotirlinga. I have a

question for you as follows:

At 04:37 AM 10/22/03 +0000, you wrote:

>In JHora or JHoraLite, look at the % of tithi left (both give it).

>Subtract the number from 100. Multiply the result with 3. Divide the

>resulting number by 25 and round it up to get an integer. That gives

>the index to the sign (1=Ar, 2=Ta and so on).

I need a little spoon-feeding here! If the Tithi basically represents a

12 degree arc for every 1 degree motion of the Sun, then naturally the

percentage of Tithi *passed* when multiplied by 12 and added to 1 (for

Aries), would give the sign of the zodiac representing the Tithi. So,

subtracting the percentage of Tithi *Left* (as per JHora), from 100, we get

the percentage of Tithi *expired*. Now, here's where I have a

problem: why not just multiply this percentage by 12, and add the result

to 1 for Aries? Why multiply by 3, and divide by 25?

Thanks in advance for your help..

Best regards,

Robert

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert A. Koch, Vedic Astrologer

Faculty Member, SJC and ACVA

visit <http://www.robertkoch.com>

Ph: 541.318.0248

Guest guest

Om Gurave Namah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Jay,

At 10:56 AM 10/23/03 +0200, you wrote:

>Dear Narasimha, Sarajit and members,

>

>Indeed another fascinating topic of Jyotish but doesn't that 'simply'

>leave us (again?) with only 12 groups of " purpose of this life " ?

>Please enlighten me/us.

>

>Kindest regards

>Jay Weiss

The idea is that the union of the Sun and Moon represents the union of

Shiva and Shakti (respectively), thus bringing the source of life and

creation to 12 zodiacal signs. This becomes more specific to an individual

chart when the percentage of Tithi, times 12, brings the meaning of

creation to a *specific* zodiacal sign.

So now to your question: Yes, if it were just a matter of 12 signs for the

zodiac indicating the purpose of creation of all human beings, things would

become rather simplistic. Find the sign of the zodiac representing the

Tithi in an individual chart, and then note the peculiarities of that sign

in the rasi chart. See the combinations of planets with that sign, the

yogas involving it, and very importantly the house that it occupies with

reference to the lagna. The sign representing the Tithi thus becomes very

specific to the peculiarities of the chart. Take careful note of the

nature of benefics or malefics, their Chara karakatwa, as well as other

factors influencing that sign. Sanjay taught that this is the most direct

way of determining the meaning and purpose of incarnation as indicated by

the nativity.

Hope that helps.....

Best wishes,

Robert

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert A. Koch, Vedic Astrologer

Faculty Member, SJC and ACVA

visit <http://www.robertkoch.com>

Ph: 541.318.0248

Guest guest

Dear Robert,

> I need a little spoon-feeding here! If the Tithi basically

represents a

> 12 degree arc for every 1 degree motion of the Sun, then naturally

the

> percentage of Tithi *passed* when multiplied by 12 and added to 1

(for

> Aries), would give the sign of the zodiac representing the Tithi.

So,

> subtracting the percentage of Tithi *Left* (as per JHora), from

100, we get

> the percentage of Tithi *expired*. Now, here's where I have a

> problem: why not just multiply this percentage by 12, and add the

result

> to 1 for Aries? Why multiply by 3, and divide by 25?

>

> Thanks in advance for your help..

>

> Best regards,

> Robert

Well, I AM multiplying it with 12. But, we need to first divide the

percentage by 100 to convert it to a fraction. Note that 12/100 is

3/25.

If one knows multiples of 8.33 well, one need not do all this. One

can convert the percentage of tithi left directly to the sign. For

example, suppose 91% of the tithi is left. That is the 2nd sign

(because one full 8.33 and partial 8.33 are over). The rasi changes

at 0%, 8.33%, 16.66%, 25%, 33.33% and so on.

Anyway, I quickly hacked it in to JHora. If there is interest, I

could just leave it in JHora code, so that people get it in the next

version. While I was at it, I just added the sphuta (not just rasi).

The exact sphuta can be computed based on bhukta tithi and it can be

shown in all divisional charts!

Narasimha

Guest guest

Dear Dilip ji,

You can take many examples.

(1) Take Srila Prabhupada. His " % tithi left " as per

JHora is 60.11. We get 39.89% by subtracting from 100.

Times 3 is about 120. Divided by 23, it gives 4+fraction.

So his " bhukta tithi rasi " is in Leo (5th sign).

Leo also happens to be the 9th house in his chart and

lagna lord Jupiter, 9th lord Sun and Ketu occupy it!

Clearly, the reason for his creation was establishment of

sanatana dharma and construction temples.

(2) Take Sanjay ji. His " bhukta tithi rasi " is in Leo. It

contains Mercury. One purpose for his creation was

writing and spreading scholarship. Lord of Leo, Sun, is

in 5th house with 8th lord, showing occult knowledge. So

spreading occult knowledge is his purpose.

(3) My " bhukta tithi rasi " is in Ta, in the 9th house. It

is empty and its lord Venus joins 10th lord giving DKYoga.

Thus, upholding dharma and performing dharmik karma is my

purpose in life.

(4) Swami Chandrasekhara Saraswati, the greatest spiritual

leader of the last century, had " bhukta tithi rasi " in Sc.

Its lord Ketu takes part in a tapaswi yoga on Vi-Pi axis,

involving AK (Saturn) and AmK (Venus). Sc contains neecha

Moon in AL, aspected by Saturn. Thus, his purpose in life

was to renounce and do tapasya (as tapaswi yoga involves

AK, this tapasya is of the highest order).

(5) Pope John Paul II has " bhukta tithi rasi " in Vi, the

12th house containing AK. The 12th is the house of giving

and liberation. It is also the house of tapasya. Its lord

Mercury is again associated with Tapaswi yoga (he's with

Venus and Ketu, while Saturn aspects them from a trine).

Thus, his purpose in life too was to do tapasya and be

liberated.

[Warning: What follows is my own research.]

In fact, I realized that what we find here is not just a

rasi, but a point. We can map the duration of tithi to

the zodiac and find the exact point and find its position

in all divisional charts. Even though one's creation takes

place in the physical plane by the coming together of

Shiva (father) and Shakti (mother), why should one's

purpose of creation be defined only in the physical plane?

Why can't it be defined in other vargas?

For example, take Swami Vivekananda and Sanjay ji. Both

have the bhukta tithi rasi in different houses and with

different planets. But, if you see dasamsa, you'll see a

similarity. " Bhukta tithi sphuta " is in the 3rd house in

dasamsa for both. Both were created to make contribution

to the society with their writings!

Legendary astrologer and author Prof. B.V. Raman and

serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer both have bhukta tithi rasi

in the 3rd house in rasi chart. However, the former has

bhukta tithi sphuta in the 10th house in navamsa and in

the 5th house in dasamsa (with 3rd lord Sun in it). The

latter had it in 12th house in navams and in 8th house

in dasamsa. Accordingly, the contribution expected from

them in society was different!

I suggest to interested researchers that the exact

longitude of " bhukta tithi sphuta " can be worked out and

its placement in various divisions can be examined to

clearly understand the purpose of one's creation.

Narasimha

> It would be nice if you kindly give an example with any chart.

>

> Warm regards

> Dilip Banerjee.