Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re : Pranapada Calculation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

* Om Krishna Guru *

Dear Dr. Banerjee Ji,

Namaste,

May I attempt to answer your question, The Pranapada Option is available in JH 5 Commercial version not in Lite version. Before I have purchased the Commercial Version, I have done the following calculation to find the Pranapada, so thought it may be useful to you.

PRANAPADA (Based on duration of time elapsed from SUNRISE to Time of Birth – Istha-Kala and longitude of the SUN at SUNRISE) Convert the Istha Kala in Vighatikas (1 Ghatika = 24 Min., 1 Vighatika =24 Sec.) The IsthaKala in Vighatikas is divided by 15 and resultant is to be converted in Rashis (Signs), Degrees, minutes etc. and be added to the longitude of the SUN at the time of SUNRISE (UDYA KALAIK SUN). If SUN is in movable sign, the final longitude will straight away yield PRANAPADA. If the SUN is in dual sign, add 120 Degree and if in fixed Sign add 240 degree additionally to get PRANAPADA.

Important Note:

The longitude of the SUN at the time of SUNRISE is to be adopted for calculation of PRANAPADA on the same basis as for calculating Hora, Ghatika or Bhava Lagnas etc.

Example: -

Birth: 26th November’ 1965 in Darbhanga at 19.44 Hrs (I.S.T) SUNRISE 6 Hrs 11 Min. (I.S.T)

Istha in Hours = 19 Hrs 44 Min. – 6 Hrs 11 Min = 13 Hrs. 16 Min. Equivalent to Ghati 33 Pal 51

First step:

( 33X60+51) / 15 = 135.4

This is equivalent to 135 signs and 12 degree. Expunging the multiple of 12, we get 3 signs 12 degree

Longitude of SUN at SUNRISE

7 Signs

4 degree

10 min

22 Sec.

Add

3 Signs

12 degree

Add 240 deg as sun is in fixed Sign

8 Signs

Total

18 Signs

16 degree

10 min

22 Sec.

Expunge multiples of 12 signs (i.e. 360 Degrees) (Subtract)

12 Signs

Net

6 Signs

16 degree

10 min

22 Sec.

PRANAPADA is in Libra at 16 Degree 10 Min. 22 Sec.

I would request Guru's to correct me, if the above calculation is not correct.

Regards

Raghunadha Rao

---- original message ----

"Dr.D.Banerjee" <drdilip@s...> Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:11 pm Pranapada Lagna

Dear Narasimhaji,Namaste, Please tell me how to find Pranapada Lagna in the JHL 5 . Warm regardsDilip Banerje

The New with improved product search

Guest guest

II HARE RAMA KRISHNA II

Dear Rao Ji,

Namaste,

Thank you for the reply.

Warm regards

Dilip Banerjee.

-

Rao Nemani

VarahaMihira VarahaMihira

Tuesday, October 14, 2003 12:24 AM

|Sri Varaha| Re : Pranapada Calculation

* Om Krishna Guru *

Dear Dr. Banerjee Ji,

Namaste,

May I attempt to answer your question, The Pranapada Option is available in JH 5 Commercial version not in Lite version. Before I have purchased the Commercial Version, I have done the following calculation to find the Pranapada, so thought it may be useful to you.

PRANAPADA (Based on duration of time elapsed from SUNRISE to Time of Birth – Istha-Kala and longitude of the SUN at SUNRISE) Convert the Istha Kala in Vighatikas (1 Ghatika = 24 Min., 1 Vighatika =24 Sec.) The IsthaKala in Vighatikas is divided by 15 and resultant is to be converted in Rashis (Signs), Degrees, minutes etc. and be added to the longitude of the SUN at the time of SUNRISE (UDYA KALAIK SUN). If SUN is in movable sign, the final longitude will straight away yield PRANAPADA. If the SUN is in dual sign, add 120 Degree and if in fixed Sign add 240 degree additionally to get PRANAPADA.

Important Note:

The longitude of the SUN at the time of SUNRISE is to be adopted for calculation of PRANAPADA on the same basis as for calculating Hora, Ghatika or Bhava Lagnas etc.

Example: -

Birth: 26th November’ 1965 in Darbhanga at 19.44 Hrs (I.S.T) SUNRISE 6 Hrs 11 Min. (I.S.T)

Istha in Hours = 19 Hrs 44 Min. – 6 Hrs 11 Min = 13 Hrs. 16 Min. Equivalent to Ghati 33 Pal 51

First step:

( 33X60+51) / 15 = 135.4

This is equivalent to 135 signs and 12 degree. Expunging the multiple of 12, we get 3 signs 12 degree

Longitude of SUN at SUNRISE

7 Signs

4 degree

10 min

22 Sec.

Add

3 Signs

12 degree

Add 240 deg as sun is in fixed Sign

8 Signs

Total

18 Signs

16 degree

10 min

22 Sec.

Expunge multiples of 12 signs (i.e. 360 Degrees) (Subtract)

12 Signs

Net

6 Signs

16 degree

10 min

22 Sec.

PRANAPADA is in Libra at 16 Degree 10 Min. 22 Sec.

I would request Guru's to correct me, if the above calculation is not correct.

Regards

Raghunadha Rao

---- original message ----

"Dr.D.Banerjee" <drdilip@s...> Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:11 pm Pranapada Lagna

Dear Narasimhaji,Namaste, Please tell me how to find Pranapada Lagna in the JHL 5 . Warm regardsDilip Banerje

The New with improved product search

|Om Tat Sat|http://www.varahamihira