Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Das mahavidyas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Visti,

Thanks for your guidance.

Kindly confirm the List I have for das mahavidyas.

Where can I find mantras for the same?

Thanks as always.

Sharat

Kali for Saturn, Tara for Jupiter, Maha Tripura Sundari (or Shodasi-Sri Vidya) for Mercury, Bhuvaneshvari for Moon, Chinnamasta for Rahu, Bhairavi for Lagna, Dhumavati for Ketu, Bagalamukhi for Mars, Matangi for Sun, and Kamala for Venus

-

Visti Larsen

sohamsa

Saturday, January 20, 2007 12:23 PM

Re: Re: [sun Signs] Vaisakh - Aries (April 15 - May 14)

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, NamaskarDo see my previous mail to Sundeep also. Opposites attract is really the theme for the seventh house, and so also what you are seeking in relationships also indicates how you will behave. However, the persons OWN nature will not be this.

Either of the nodes in the seventh house has been designated as a sign of adultery according to Vyankatesh Sharma (Sarvartha Chintamani) and my experience is that especially with Ketu in the seventh house that the motivation arises if no (biological) children come in marriage. This is because Ketu's premise for allowing marriage is that the family must grow, hence Ketu can cause marriage for this reason.

Rahu's or Ravana's motivation for marriage is very different. I'm sure you can get the hint.

The method to overcome the weaknesses caused by the malefics joining/lording/aspecting the seventh house is by worshiping the Mahavidya of the same.

Yours sincerely, -- Visti Larsenemail: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) comFor consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com Sharat wrote:

Untitled Document||Hare Ram Krishna||Dear Visti,Namaskar,Do you not mean that the 7H planet shows the attitude towards spouse/relationships? And that this attitude will be the opposite of the natural characeristic of the planet?Sanjay ji has explained that 7H planet shows one attitude towards the spouse.I also wanted to know how one can be helped in changing this attitude, if it is an adverse one. Like Moon in 7H, may make one very insensitive/unemotional/not caring and Ju, may make one think the spouse is an idiot. Also how is Ketu considered in 7H, as many seem to unable to assign it as malefic or benefic, being headless!Your comments will be much appreciated.Thanks as always for your guidance.Sharat>>Dear Sir, NamaskarPlanets in the seventh house show the exact opposite nature of whom we are. I.e. Mars in the seventh house makes a person very caring and nice... far from being argumentative and forceful like Mars. Similarly apply this to all planets in the seventh house.Yours sincerely,-- Visti Larsenemail: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) comFor consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com

Guest guest

Untitled Document

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, Namaskar

The list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is Sharada

Tilakam.

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen

email: visti

For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com

Sharat wrote:

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Visti,

Thanks for your

guidance.

Kindly confirm the

List I have for das mahavidyas.

Where can I find

mantras for the same?

Thanks as always.

Sharat

Kali for Saturn,

Tara for Jupiter, Maha Tripura Sundari (or Shodasi-Sri Vidya) for

Mercury, Bhuvaneshvari for Moon, Chinnamasta for Rahu, Bhairavi for

Lagna, Dhumavati for Ketu, Bagalamukhi for Mars, Matangi for Sun, and

Kamala for Venus

-----

Original Message -----

Visti

Larsen

To:

sohamsa

Sent:

Subject:

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, Namaskar

Do see my previous mail to Sundeep also. Opposites attract is really

the theme for the seventh house, and so also what you are seeking in

relationships also indicates how you will behave. However, the persons

OWN nature will not be this.

Either of the nodes in the seventh house has been designated as

a sign of adultery according to Vyankatesh Sharma (Sarvartha

Chintamani) and my experience is that especially with Ketu in the

seventh house that the motivation arises if no (biological) children

come in marriage. This is because Ketu's premise for allowing marriage

is that the family must grow, hence Ketu can cause marriage for this

reason.

Rahu's or Ravana's motivation for marriage is very different.

I'm sure you can get the hint.

The method to overcome the weaknesses caused by the malefics

joining/lording/aspecting the seventh house is by worshiping the

Mahavidya of the same.

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen

email: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) com

Sharat wrote:

Untitled Document||Hare Ram Krishna||

Dear Visti,

Namaskar,

Do you not mean that the 7H planet shows the attitude towards

spouse/relationships? And that this attitude will be the opposite

of the

natural characeristic of the planet?

Sanjay ji has explained that 7H planet shows one attitude towards the

spouse.

I also wanted to know how one can be helped in changing this attitude,

if

it is an adverse one. Like Moon in 7H, may make one very

insensitive/unemotional/not caring and Ju, may make one think

the spouse is

an idiot. Also how is Ketu considered in 7H, as many seem to unable to

assign it as malefic or benefic, being headless!

Your comments will be much appreciated.

Thanks as always for your guidance.

Sharat

>>Dear Sir, Namaskar

Planets in the seventh house show the exact opposite nature of whom we

are.

I.e. Mars in the seventh house makes a person very caring and nice...

far

from being argumentative and forceful like Mars. Similarly apply this

to all

planets in the seventh house.

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen

Guest guest

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Visti,

It is said that the worship of a specific Mahavidya, liberates one spiriually in the direction one is worshipping. This is to overcome the established social norms/boundaries which that direction is placing on the native.

Can you please explain how this is used in Jyotish and in a horoscope?

Sharat

-

Visti Larsen

sohamsa

Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:36 PM

Re: Das mahavidyas

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, NamaskarThe list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is Sharada Tilakam.

Yours sincerely, -- Visti Larsenemail: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) comFor consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com Sharat wrote:

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Visti,

Thanks as always.

Sharat

Kali for Saturn, Tara for Jupiter, Maha Tripura Sundari (or Shodasi-Sri Vidya) for Mercury, Bhuvaneshvari for Moon, Chinnamasta for Rahu, Bhairavi for Lagna, Dhumavati for Ketu, Bagalamukhi for Mars, Matangi for Sun, and Kamala for Venus

-

Visti Larsen

sohamsa

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, NamaskarDo see my previous mail to Sundeep also. Opposites attract is really the theme for the seventh house, and so also what you are seeking in relationships also indicates how you will behave. However, the persons OWN nature will not be this.

Either of the nodes in the seventh house has been designated as a sign of adultery according to Vyankatesh Sharma (Sarvartha Chintamani) and my experience is that especially with Ketu in the seventh house that the motivation arises if no (biological) children come in marriage. This is because Ketu's premise for allowing marriage is that the family must grow, hence Ketu can cause marriage for this reason.

Rahu's or Ravana's motivation for marriage is very different. I'm sure you can get the hint.

The method to overcome the weaknesses caused by the malefics joining/lording/aspecting the seventh house is by worshiping the Mahavidya of the same.

Untitled Document||Hare Ram Krishna||Dear Visti,Namaskar,Do you not mean that the 7H planet shows the attitude towards spouse/relationships? And that this attitude will be the opposite of the natural characeristic of the planet?Sanjay ji has explained that 7H planet shows one attitude towards the spouse.I also wanted to know how one can be helped in changing this attitude, if it is an adverse one. Like Moon in 7H, may make one very insensitive/unemotional/not caring and Ju, may make one think the spouse is an idiot. Also how is Ketu considered in 7H, as many seem to unable to assign it as malefic or benefic, being headless!Your comments will be much appreciated.Thanks as always for your guidance.Sharat>>Dear Sir, NamaskarPlanets in the seventh house show the exact opposite nature of whom we are. I.e. Mars in the seventh house makes a person very caring and nice... far from being argumentative and forceful like Mars. Similarly apply this to all planets in the seventh house.Yours sincerely,-- Visti Larsenemail: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) comFor consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com

Guest guest

Untitled Document

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, Namaskar

Who said that? What is the reference?

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen

Sharat wrote:

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Visti,

It is said that the worship of a

specific Mahavidya, liberates one spiriually in the direction one is

worshipping. This is to overcome the established social

norms/boundaries which that direction is placing on the native.

Can you please explain how this is

used in Jyotish and in a horoscope?

Sharat

-----

Original Message -----

Visti

Larsen

To:

sohamsa

Sent:

Subject:

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, Namaskar

Tilakam.

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen

Sharat wrote:

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Visti,

Thanks for your

guidance.

Kindly confirm

the List I have for das mahavidyas.

Where can I find

mantras for the same?

Thanks as always.

Sharat

Kali for Saturn,

Tara for Jupiter, Maha Tripura Sundari (or Shodasi-Sri Vidya) for

Mercury, Bhuvaneshvari for Moon, Chinnamasta for Rahu, Bhairavi for

Kamala for Venus

-----

Original Message -----

Visti

Larsen

To:

sohamsa

Sent:

Subject:

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, Namaskar

Either of the nodes in the seventh house has been designated

as a sign of adultery according to Vyankatesh Sharma (Sarvartha

Chintamani) and my experience is that especially with Ketu in the

seventh house that the motivation arises if no (biological) children

come in marriage. This is because Ketu's premise for allowing marriage

is that the family must grow, hence Ketu can cause marriage for this

reason.

Rahu's or Ravana's motivation for marriage is very

different. I'm sure you can get the hint.

The method to overcome the weaknesses caused by the malefics

joining/lording/aspecting the seventh house is by worshiping the

Mahavidya of the same.

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen

Sharat wrote:

Dear Visti,

Namaskar,

of the

spouse.

if

the spouse is

Sharat

>>Dear Sir, Namaskar

are.

far

to all

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen

Guest guest

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Visti,

Namaskar,

My understanding is limited due to reading about this on the inetrnet and this may be incorrect.

Could you please enlighten me in this regard.

Thanks as always for your guidance and teachings.

Regards

Sharat

-

Visti Larsen

sohamsa

Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:06 PM

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, NamaskarWho said that? What is the reference?

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Visti,

It is said that the worship of a specific Mahavidya, liberates one spiriually in the direction one is worshipping. This is to overcome the established social norms/boundaries which that direction is placing on the native.

Sharat

-

Visti Larsen

sohamsa

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, NamaskarThe list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is Sharada Tilakam.

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Visti,

Thanks as always.

Sharat

-

Visti Larsen

sohamsa

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna,

Dear Sharat,

Namaskar.

Forgive me for "butting into" your message, but there are certain things which must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.

The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes with a set of comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to be taken lightly. They relate to a set of practices, which must be done every day, maybe lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances of certain things. This may differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya.

Let me illustrate my point.

When a Guru (in Kerala for instance)judges a chela to be ready for Shri Vidya, he will start with Durga Navakshari Mantra diksha.This will entail learning and practicing DAILY ALL the appropriate nyasas,mudras etc and the reciation of the Mantra.

After that Rajarajeshwari diksha is given and preliminary Shri Vidya diksha of the 15 syllabiled Mantra.

AFTER at least 1 and 1/2 year of serious abhyasa/saddhana, PURNA diksha may be given with the 16 syllabiled Mantra (Shodashakshari). Gradually the chela must learn and practice all the auxillary-though by no means uninportant- practices. This is EXTENSIVE!!! And will take TIME to lear, to absorb and to practice.

Along the way the chela will receive additional commitments which he must keep and practice.

One has to be awfully careful with this, because once the commitments have been undertaken you can't change your mind ,let's say 6 month down the road,that "after all this is not for me".Enormous cosmic energies are manifested through the Mahavidyas.(Micrososmic and macrosmic). We are NOT talking anymore here about astrological remedies and prophylatics.The practice of Any of the Mahavidyas will result in profound life altering,personality altering and spiritually elevating changes in one's life. This is not a show and even less of an entertainment.("let's see what happens!")If one breaks the commitments and stops the practice-potentially very harmful consequences may manifest. (Invariably it will). I can't imagine anyone trying to "practice" any of the Mahavidyas by reading a book or surfing the internet-however well intentioned. If you are lucky, nothing will happen-no result. But I have seen a few real casualties already during the course of my life, (fortunately on other people)and when you have to pick up the pieces, it is not very nice to look at. Mental imbalance,madness etc....

My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical student:

Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone.

Sincerely yours,

with deep respect,

Arpadh Joosohamsa , " Sharat" <gidoc wrote:>> Untitled DocumentHare Ram Krishna> Dear Visti,> Namaskar,> > My understanding is limited due to reading about this on the inetrnet and this may be incorrect.> Could you please enlighten me in this regard.> > Thanks as always for your guidance and teachings.> > Regards> > Sharat> > > > - > Visti Larsen > sohamsa > Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:06 PM> Re: Das mahavidyas> > > > > > हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥> > Dear Sharat, Namaskar> Who said that? What is the reference?> > > Yours sincerely, > > -- > Visti Larsen> email: visti For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com > > > Sharat wrote: >  > > Hare Ram Krishna> Dear Visti,> > It is said that the worship of a specific Mahavidya, liberates one spiriually in the direction one is worshipping. This is to overcome the established social norms/boundaries which that direction is placing on the native.> > Can you please explain how this is used in Jyotish and in a horoscope?> > Thanks as always for your guidance.> > Sharat> > > > - > Visti Larsen > sohamsa > Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:36 PM> Re: Das mahavidyas> > > > > > हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥> > Dear Sharat, Namaskar> The list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is Sharada Tilakam.> > > Yours sincerely, > > -- > Visti Larsen> email: visti For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com > > > Sharat wrote: >  > > Hare Ram Krishna> > Dear Visti,> Thanks for your guidance.> Kindly confirm the List I have for das mahavidyas.> Where can I find mantras for the same?> > Thanks as always.> > Sharat> > Kali for Saturn, Tara for Jupiter, Maha Tripura Sundari (or Shodasi-Sri Vidya) for Mercury, Bhuvaneshvari for Moon, Chinnamasta for Rahu, Bhairavi for Lagna, Dhumavati for Ketu, Bagalamukhi for Mars, Matangi for Sun, and Kamala for Venus> > > - > Visti Larsen > sohamsa > Saturday, January 20, 2007 12:23 PM> Re: Re: [sun Signs] Vaisakh - Aries (April 15 - May 14)> > > > > > हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥> > Dear Sharat, Namaskar> Do see my previous mail to Sundeep also. Opposites attract is really the theme for the seventh house, and so also what you are seeking in relationships also indicates how you will behave. However, the persons OWN nature will not be this.> > > Either of the nodes in the seventh house has been designated as a sign of adultery according to Vyankatesh Sharma (Sarvartha Chintamani) and my experience is that especially with Ketu in the seventh house that the motivation arises if no (biological) children come in marriage. This is because Ketu's premise for allowing marriage is that the family must grow, hence Ketu can cause marriage for this reason.> > > Rahu's or Ravana's motivation for marriage is very different. I'm sure you can get the hint.> > > The method to overcome the weaknesses caused by the malefics joining/lording/aspecting the seventh house is by worshiping the Mahavidya of the same.> > > Yours sincerely, > > -- > Visti Larsen> email: visti For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com > > > Sharat wrote: > Untitled Document||Hare Ram Krishna||> > Dear Visti,> > Namaskar,> > Do you not mean that the 7H planet shows the attitude towards > spouse/relationships? And that this attitude will be the opposite of the > natural characeristic of the planet?> > Sanjay ji has explained that 7H planet shows one attitude towards the > spouse.> > I also wanted to know how one can be helped in changing this attitude, if > it is an adverse one. Like Moon in 7H, may make one very > insensitive/unemotional/not caring and Ju, may make one think the spouse is > an idiot. Also how is Ketu considered in 7H, as many seem to unable to > assign it as malefic or benefic, being headless!> > Your comments will be much appreciated.> > Thanks as always for your guidance.> > Sharat> > >>Dear Sir, Namaskar> Planets in the seventh house show the exact opposite nature of whom we are. > I.e. Mars in the seventh house makes a person very caring and nice... far > from being argumentative and forceful like Mars. Similarly apply this to all > planets in the seventh house.> > Yours sincerely,> -- > Visti Larsen> email: visti For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com>

Guest guest

Dear arpad joo,

Do you know someone in south india who is an expert in mahavidyas and where one

could go and learn?

Thanks. Rgds

Anand

--

Arpad Joo

Sender: sohamsa

sohamsa

Replysohamsa

Jan 22, 2007 00:15

Hare Rama Krishna,

Dear Sharat,

Namaskar.

Forgive me for " butting into " your message, but there are certain things which

must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.

The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes with a set of

comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to be taken lightly.

They relate to  a set of practices, which must be done every day, maybe

lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances of certain things. This may

differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya.

Let me illustrate my point.

When a Guru (in Kerala for instance)judges a chela to be ready for Shri Vidya,

he will start with Durga Navakshari Mantra diksha.This will entail learning and

practicing DAILY ALL the appropriate nyasas,mudras etc and the reciation of the

Mantra.

After that Rajarajeshwari diksha is given and preliminary Shri Vidya diksha of

the 15 syllabiled Mantra.

AFTER at least 1 and 1/2 year of serious abhyasa/saddhana, PURNA diksha may be

given with the 16 syllabiled Mantra (Shodashakshari). Gradually the chela must

learn and practice all the auxillary-though by no means uninportant- practices.

This is EXTENSIVE!!! And will take TIME to lear, to absorb and to practice.

Along the way the chela will receive additional commitments which he must keep

and practice.

One has to be awfully careful with this, because once the commitments have been

undertaken you can't change your mind ,let's say 6 month down the road,that

" after all this is not for me " .Enormous cosmic energies are manifested through

the Mahavidyas.(Micrososmic and macrosmic). We are NOT talking anymore here

about astrological remedies and prophylatics.The practice of Any of the

Mahavidyas will  result in profound life altering,personality altering and

spiritually elevating changes in one's life. This is not a show and even less of

an entertainment.( " let's see what happens! " )If one breaks the commitments and

stops the practice-potentially very harmful consequences may manifest.

(Invariably it will). I can't imagine anyone trying to " practice " any of the

Mahavidyas by reading a book or surfing the internet-however well intentioned.

If you are lucky, nothing will happen-no result. But I have seen a few real

casualties already during the course of  my life, (fortunately on other

people)and when you have to pick up the pieces, it is not very nice to look at.

Mental imbalance,madness etc....

My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical student:

Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone.

Sincerely yours,

with deep respect,

Arpadh Joo

sohamsa , " Sharat " <gidoc wrote:

>

> Untitled DocumentHare Ram Krishna

> Dear Visti,

> Namaskar,

>

> My understanding is limited due to reading about this on the inetrnet and this

may be incorrect.

> Could you please enlighten me in this regard.

>

> Thanks as always for your guidance and teachings.

>

> Regards

>

> Sharat

>

>

>

> -

> Visti Larsen

> sohamsa

> Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:06 PM

> Re: Das mahavidyas

>

>

>

>

>

> हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

>

> Dear Sharat, Namaskar

> Who said that? What is the reference?

>

>

> Yours sincerely,

>

> --

> Visti Larsen

> email: visti

> For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com

>

>

> Sharat wrote:

> 

>

> Hare Ram Krishna

> Dear Visti,

>

> It is said that the worship of a specific Mahavidya, liberates one spiriually

in the direction one is worshipping. This is to overcome the established social

>

> Can you please explain how this is used in Jyotish and in a horoscope?

>

> Thanks as always for your guidance.

>

> Sharat

>

>

>

> -

> Visti Larsen

> sohamsa

> Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:36 PM

>

>

>

>

>

> हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

>

> Dear Sharat, Namaskar

> The list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is Sharada Tilakam.

>

>

> Yours sincerely,

>

> --

> Visti Larsen

> email: visti

> For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com

>

>

> Sharat wrote:

> 

>

> Hare Ram Krishna

>

> Dear Visti,

> Thanks for your guidance.

> Kindly confirm the List I have for das mahavidyas.

> Where can I find mantras for the same?

>

> Thanks as always

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna,

Dear Anand,Namaskar:

Yes I do.

There is a Tantric Kendra with very high ethical standards,scholarship

and deep commitment to the preservation and practice of the Mahavidyas

on a unusually high level-in Kerala.

Although their main practice is Shri Vidya,they maintain the lineages

for all the Mahavidyas.(And other tantric practices)

You may find, that although some of the practices in other parts of

India may have been mixed up with some local practices and customs-these

scholars (many of them are respected sanscrit scholars) preserved the

Mahavidya lores in a very pure form.

Just one warning: They don't entertain either the fool, or the

credulous,or someone who is not 100% serious.

Sincerely yours,

with deep respect

Arpadh Joo

sohamsa , " Anand Ravi " <anandravi2004 wrote:

>

> Dear arpad joo,

>

> Do you know someone in south india who is an expert in mahavidyas and

where one could go and learn?

>

> Thanks. Rgds

> Anand

> --

> Arpad Joo

> Sender: sohamsa

> sohamsa

> Replysohamsa

> Jan 22, 2007 00:15

>

> Hare Rama Krishna,

>

> Dear Sharat,

>

> Namaskar.

>

> Forgive me for " butting into " your message, but there are certain

things which must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.

>

> The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes with a

set of comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to be

taken lightly. They relate to a set of practices, which must be done

every day, maybe lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances of

certain things. This may differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya.

>

> Let me illustrate my point.

>

> When a Guru (in Kerala for instance)judges a chela to be ready for

Shri Vidya, he will start with Durga Navakshari Mantra diksha.This will

entail learning and practicing DAILY ALL the appropriate nyasas,mudras

etc and the reciation of the Mantra.

>

> After that Rajarajeshwari diksha is given and preliminary Shri Vidya

diksha of the 15 syllabiled Mantra.

>

> AFTER at least 1 and 1/2 year of serious abhyasa/saddhana, PURNA

diksha may be given with the 16 syllabiled Mantra (Shodashakshari).

Gradually the chela must learn and practice all the auxillary-though by

no means uninportant- practices. This is EXTENSIVE!!! And will take TIME

to lear, to absorb and to practice.

>

> Along the way the chela will receive additional commitments which he

must keep and practice.

>

> One has to be awfully careful with this, because once the commitments

have been undertaken you can't change your mind ,let's say 6 month down

the road,that " after all this is not for me " .Enormous cosmic energies

are manifested through the Mahavidyas.(Micrososmic and macrosmic). We

are NOT talking anymore here about astrological remedies and

prophylatics.The practice of Any of the Mahavidyas will result in

profound life altering,personality altering and spiritually elevating

changes in one's life. This is not a show and even less of an

entertainment.( " let's see what happens! " )If one breaks the commitments

and stops the practice-potentially very harmful consequences may

manifest. (Invariably it will). I can't imagine anyone trying to

" practice " any of the Mahavidyas by reading a book or surfing the

internet-however well intentioned. If you are lucky, nothing will

happen-no result. But I have seen a few real casualties already during

the course of my life, (fortunately on other people)and when you have

to pick up the pieces, it is not very nice to look at. Mental

imbalance,madness etc....

>

> My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical student:

>

> Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone.

>

> Sincerely yours,

>

> with deep respect,

>

> Arpadh Joo

> sohamsa , " Sharat " gidoc@ wrote:

> >

> > Untitled DocumentHare Ram Krishna

> > Dear Visti,

> > Namaskar,

> >

> > My understanding is limited due to reading about this on the

inetrnet and this may be incorrect.

> > Could you please enlighten me in this regard.

> >

> > Thanks as always for your guidance and teachings.

> >

> > Regards

> >

> > Sharat

> >

> >

> >

> > -

> > Visti Larsen

> > sohamsa

> > Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:06 PM

> > Re: Das mahavidyas

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

> >

> > Dear Sharat, Namaskar

> > Who said that? What is the reference?

> >

> >

> > Yours sincerely,

> >

> > --

> > Visti Larsen

> > email: visti@

> > For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com

> >

> >

> > Sharat wrote:

> > 

> >

> > Hare Ram Krishna

> > Dear Visti,

> >

> > It is said that the worship of a specific Mahavidya, liberates one

spiriually in the direction one is worshipping. This is to overcome the

established social norms/boundaries which that direction is placing on

the native.

> >

> > Can you please explain how this is used in Jyotish and in a

horoscope?

> >

> > Thanks as always for your guidance.

> >

> > Sharat

> >

> >

> >

> > -

> > Visti Larsen

> > sohamsa

> > Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:36 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

> >

> > The list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is Sharada

Tilakam.

> >

> >

> > Yours sincerely,

> >

> > --

> > Visti Larsen

> > For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com

> >

> >

> > Sharat wrote:

> > 

> >

> > Hare Ram Krishna

> >

> > Dear Visti,

> > Thanks for your guidance.

> > Kindly confirm the List I have for das mahavidyas.

> > Where can I find mantras for the same?

> >

> > Thanks as always

>

Guest guest

|om|

Dear Anand, namaste

Couldnt resist giving my two cents here, but if you are serious about learning the extremely difficult Sri Vidya tantra (as rightly pointed out by Sri Arpad Joo and Smt Soul Sadhaka), you could try approaching the Sringeri Shankaracharya. There are many anecdotes told about Sri Abhinava Vidyateertha MahaSwamigal in this regard and no doubt his shishya Sri Bharati Teertha Mahaswamigal will be able to guide you in this subject.

best regards

Hari

On 1/22/07, Anand Ravi <anandravi2004 wrote:

Dear arpad joo,Do you know someone in south india who is an expert in mahavidyas and where one could go and learn?

Thanks. RgdsAnand--Arpad JooSender: sohamsa To: sohamsa

Replysohamsa Sent: Jan 22, 2007 00:15 Re: Das mahavidyasHare Rama Krishna,Dear Sharat,Namaskar.

Forgive me for " butting into " your message, but there are certain things which must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes with a set of comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to be taken lightly. They relate to a set of practices, which must be done every day, maybe lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances of certain things. This may differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya.

Let me illustrate my point.When a Guru (in Kerala for instance)judges a chela to be ready for Shri Vidya, he will start with Durga Navakshari Mantra diksha.This will entail learning and practicing DAILY ALL the appropriate nyasas,mudras etc and the reciation of the Mantra.

After that Rajarajeshwari diksha is given and preliminary Shri Vidya diksha of the 15 syllabiled Mantra.AFTER at least 1 and 1/2 year of serious abhyasa/saddhana, PURNA diksha may be given with the 16 syllabiled Mantra (Shodashakshari). Gradually the chela must learn and practice all the auxillary-though by no means uninportant- practices. This is EXTENSIVE!!! And will take TIME to lear, to absorb and to practice.

Along the way the chela will receive additional commitments which he must keep and practice.One has to be awfully careful with this, because once the commitments have been undertaken you can't change your mind ,let's say 6 month down the road,that " after all this is not for me " .Enormous cosmic energies are manifested through the Mahavidyas.(Micrososmic and macrosmic). We are NOT talking anymore here about astrological remedies and prophylatics.The practice of Any of the Mahavidyas will result in profound life altering,personality altering and spiritually elevating changes in one's life. This is not a show and even less of an entertainment.( " let's see what happens! " )If one breaks the commitments and stops the practice-potentially very harmful consequences may manifest. (Invariably it will). I can't imagine anyone trying to " practice " any of the Mahavidyas by reading a book or surfing the internet-however well intentioned. If you are lucky, nothing will happen-no result. But I have seen a few real casualties alreadyduring the course of my life, (fortunately on other people)and when you have to pick up the pieces, it is not very nice to look at. Mental imbalance,madness etc....

My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical student:Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone.Sincerely yours,with deep respect,Arpadh Joosohamsa , " Sharat " <gidoc wrote:>> Untitled DocumentHare Ram Krishna> Dear Visti,> Namaskar,>> My understanding is limited due to reading about this on the inetrnet and this may be incorrect.

> Could you please enlighten me in this regard.>> Thanks as always for your guidance and teachings.>> Regards>> Sharat>>>> -

> Visti Larsen> sohamsa > Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:06 PM> Re: Das mahavidyas>>

>>>> हरे राम कृषà¥Âण॥>> Dear Sharat, Namaskar> Who said that? What is the reference?>>> Yours sincerely,>> --> Visti Larsen

> email: visti For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com>>> Sharat wrote:> >> Hare Ram Krishna> Dear Visti,

>> It is said that the worship of a specific Mahavidya, liberates one spiriually in the direction one is worshipping. This is to overcome the established social norms/boundaries which that direction is placing on the native.

>> Can you please explain how this is used in Jyotish and in a horoscope?>> Thanks as always for your guidance.>> Sharat>>>> -

> Visti Larsen> sohamsa > Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:36 PM> Re: Das mahavidyas>>

>>>> हरे राम कृषà¥Âण॥>> Dear Sharat, Namaskar> The list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is Sharada Tilakam.>>> Yours sincerely,

>> --> Visti Larsen> email: visti For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com>>> Sharat wrote:> 

>> Hare Ram Krishna>> Dear Visti,> Thanks for your guidance.> Kindly confirm the List I have for das mahavidyas.> Where can I find mantras for the same?>> Thanks as always

Guest guest

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Arpad/ Ms SS,

Namaskar,

Many thanks for your posts.

My query was to learn what are the Mahavidyas really about regards remedial measures, as Visti had alluded to them in regards to bad placement of planets.

The thought of invoking them by myself or others as remedy had not even entered my thoughts. The only way I could find about them myself was to surf the internet, however a learned response from you has given me that insight.

Your post has been informative in that regards.

Having spent 25 yrs in becoming a highly specialised professional, I know when to wield the knife but Jyotish I am still learning!

Thanks again for your response which is much appreciated.

Regards and best wishes

Sharat

sohamsa , "Arpad Joo" <panchasila wrote:>> > Hare Rama Krishna,> > Dear Sharat,> > Namaskar.> > Forgive me for "butting into" your message, but there are certain things> which must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.> > The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes with a> set of comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to be> taken lightly. They relate to a set of practices, which must be done> every day, maybe lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances of> certain things. This may differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya.> >> > My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical student:> > Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone.> > Sincerely yours,> > with deep respect,> > Arpadh Joo>

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krshna

Dear Visti,

Sorry to jump in.

Kala -time, Buvana-Space, Sundari -Beauty etc. are illusionery concepts which eclipse our mind. Maha Vidya give knowledge about these true boons, and make one liberate from such concepts. I am sure you know this.

Best Wishes

Karu

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, NamaskarWho said that? What is the reference?

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Visti,

Sharat

-

Visti Larsen

sohamsa

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Visti,

Thanks as always.

Sharat

-

Visti Larsen

sohamsa

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Guest guest

Untitled Document

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Karu and Sharat, Namaskar

I'm all for people to study Mahavidya, after all everyone deserves to

know their mother.

But, there is a lot of A-vidya floating around the internet about

Mahavidya.

The most precise definition of Mahavidya lies in the word itself. It

is the highest knowledge, namely that Viveka or discrimination

that helps you see the difference between (i) Para vidya, (ii) Apara

vidya and (iii) A-vidya.

So one who has discrimination between these has the blessings of the

mahavidya.

The blessings that follow such as spiritual/formal education,

material and spiritual blessings, etc. are all just various facets of

the mahavidyas manifesting in the our lives.

A good reference is Pt. Sanjay Rath's Dasamahavidya lecture and paper

from Delhi 2006.

Now, you can always search through the various puranas and tantras

for some prasiddha mantras for Mahavidya, however, a very prime factor

required for a person to worship Mahavidya is that the native is

vegetarian. So whether or not it is required for a person to practice,

they need to be vegetarian first.

Mahavidya raises you out of A-vidya, hence, the first estimation is

whether a planet is debilitated (avidya) in Rasi or Navamsa. If so it

may require the person to worship a Mahavidya.

If you cannot find a mantra for that mahavidya, it is advised to

give Nama-japa to the person. I.e. Tripura is called Parasundari, so we

advise the japa of 'Om' followed by the name 'parasundaryai' and

'namah'. This is the most basic japa which we can do.

Hope this helps.

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen

Karu wrote:

Hare Rama Krshna

Dear Visti,

Sorry to jump in.

Kala -time, Buvana-Space, Sundari -Beauty etc.

are illusionery concepts which eclipse our mind. Maha Vidya give

knowledge about these true boons, and make one liberate from such

concepts. I am sure you know this.

Best Wishes

Karu

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, Namaskar

Who said that? What is the reference?

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen

Sharat wrote:

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Visti,

It is said that the worship of a

specific Mahavidya, liberates one spiriually in the direction one is

worshipping. This is to overcome the established social

Can you please explain how this

is used in Jyotish and in a horoscope?

Thanks as always for your

guidance.

Sharat

-----

Original Message -----

Visti

Larsen

To:

sohamsa

Sent:

Subject:

हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, Namaskar

Tilakam.

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen

Sharat wrote:

Hare Ram

Krishna

Dear Visti,

Thanks for

your guidance.

Kindly

confirm the List I have for das mahavidyas.

Where can I

find mantras for the same?

Thanks as

always.

Sharat

Kali for

Saturn, Tara for Jupiter, Maha Tripura Sundari (or Shodasi-Sri Vidya)

for Mercury, Bhuvaneshvari for Moon, Chinnamasta for Rahu, Bhairavi for

Kamala for Venus

-----

Original Message -----

Visti Larsen

To:

sohamsa

Sent:

Subject:

हरे राम

कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

Dear Sharat, Namaskar

Either of the nodes in the seventh house has been

designated as a sign of adultery according to Vyankatesh Sharma

(Sarvartha Chintamani) and my experience is that especially with Ketu

in the seventh house that the motivation arises if no (biological)

children come in marriage. This is because Ketu's premise for allowing

marriage is that the family must grow, hence Ketu can cause marriage

for this reason.

Rahu's or Ravana's motivation for marriage is very

different. I'm sure you can get the hint.

The method to overcome the weaknesses caused by the

malefics joining/lording/aspecting the seventh house is by

worshiping the Mahavidya of the same.

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen

Sharat wrote:

Dear Visti,

Namaskar,

of the

spouse.

if

the spouse is

Sharat

>>Dear Sir, Namaskar

are.

far

to all

Yours sincerely,

--

Visti Larsen

Guest guest

Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

Dear Sharat, Arpad,

What Arpad writes is very correct. And what Visti writes is also correct in that the mis-information in the web is the cause of confusion, and the fact that anyone and everyone can reach the Divine Mother. Tripura Vidya as Arpad points out is very complex and south India is rich in the Sri-Kula tradition; while eastern Indian traditions are more Kali-Kula traditions. Tripura is Lalita and Shodasi. Doing the simple nama mantras of the Lalita Sahasranama can be very helpful, like "om lalitambikayai namah" . "Om parasundaryai namah", is just one such mantra from that beautiful hymn. The root bija for Tripura is "aim klim sauh". Japa or meditation on this can lead one to the guru or mantra initiation. Others are often given the three kuta bijas of Tripura to start with; sometimes just one kuta bija is given. Sometimes, Tripura's root bija, simply Shrim is given. Shrim is the root bija for Tripura, Kamlatmika and Saraswati. Sometimes small mantras like "Om aim klim tripurayai svaha" are used.

Mahavidyas have the eventual potentiality of granting the maha vidya, that is the ultimate vidya of atma gyana and realization of God. The ten mahavidyas are the ten paths. Anyone can embark on these paths, as long as you are not looking upon this sadhana as a remedy, but as a means to get the ultimate knowledge.

om sri matre namah

Best Regards,

Sarbani Sarkar Rath

http://sarbani.com

Sharat [gidoc] Monday, January 22, 2007 4:34 PMsohamsa Subject: Re: Das mahavidyas

Hare Ram Krishna

Dear Arpad/ Ms SS,

Namaskar,

Many thanks for your posts.

My query was to learn what are the Mahavidyas really about regards remedial measures, as Visti had alluded to them in regards to bad placement of planets.

The thought of invoking them by myself or others as remedy had not even entered my thoughts. The only way I could find about them myself was to surf the internet, however a learned response from you has given me that insight.

Your post has been informative in that regards.

Having spent 25 yrs in becoming a highly specialised professional, I know when to wield the knife but Jyotish I am still learning!

Thanks again for your response which is much appreciated.

Regards and best wishes

Sharat

sohamsa , "Arpad Joo" <panchasila wrote:>> > Hare Rama Krishna,> > Dear Sharat,> > Namaskar.> > Forgive me for "butting into" your message, but there are certain things> which must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.> > The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes with a> set of comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to be> taken lightly. They relate to a set of practices, which must be done> every day, maybe lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances of> certain things. This may differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya.> >> > My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical student:> > Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone.> > Sincerely yours,> > with deep respect,> > Arpadh Joo>

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna,

Dear Sarbani, Visti Namaskar.

Thank you both for your erudite comments.

I would like to change the subject now.

I have been approached by a friend, whom I knew for sometime. He is in deep sorrow on account of his son,Jayaprabu. A bright boy, doing well in his studies, then suddenly epilepsy has appeared. The family and the boy is devastated.

The father very hesitantly has disclosed this information to me. They are a poor Tamil family and can ill afford the exorbitant prices of the visits to the specialist. (Every time 700 sing $!). Allopathic medicines has supressed the appearance of epilepsy for some time, but suddenly, just a few weeks ago it appeared again. Fortunately the attack lasts only for about 15 seconds, but it is enough to cause serious damage. (also to the loss of confidence).

As the family is poor, I have undertaken the work from start to finish for 1$ (as Guru dakshina). I also want them to be able to put their resources into the pujas which I will recomend for them.

Anyway,since I have NEVER encountered epilepsy in any chart, I thought that I invite your deep knowledge of Jyotish to assist me and help me.

Here is the info:

Jayaprabu

May 15th 1984, 07.05(am) Singapore

The first attack of epilepsy has occured on the 20th of Oct. 2004, between 20.00-22.00 Hrs.(In Singapore)

The chart itself is interesting in many respects. The close proximity of Full moon ( a few hours away), in fact Lunar eclipse, the numerous afflictions in the chart etc. Also interesting is the attack occured at the start of Rahu Antara in Shani Maha dasha.(Vimshottari)

Rather than prejudice any of your judgements,I will not say any more either in diagnosis or remedies.

By the way,it is open to ANYONE of you, respected members, to comment or put your "2 cents worth " in.

If you have the heart and the time, please lend me a helping hand in this.

With deep respect:

Arpadh Joo

sohamsa , "Sarbani Sarkar" <sarbani wrote:>> Shri Brahmadaru Smarami> > Dear Sharat, Arpad,> > What Arpad writes is very correct. And what Visti writes is also correct in> that the mis-information in the web is the cause of confusion, and the fact> that anyone and everyone can reach the Divine Mother. Tripura Vidya as Arpad> points out is very complex and south India is rich in the Sri-Kula> tradition; while eastern Indian traditions are more Kali-Kula traditions.> Tripura is Lalita and Shodasi. Doing the simple nama mantras of the Lalita> Sahasranama can be very helpful, like "om lalitambikayai namah" . "Om> parasundaryai namah", is just one such mantra from that beautiful hymn. The> root bija for Tripura is "aim klim sauh". Japa or meditation on this can> lead one to the guru or mantra initiation. Others are often given the three> kuta bijas of Tripura to start with; sometimes just one kuta bija is given.> Sometimes, Tripura's root bija, simply Shrim is given. Shrim is the root> bija for Tripura, Kamlatmika and Saraswati. Sometimes small mantras like "Om> aim klim tripurayai svaha" are used. > > Mahavidyas have the eventual potentiality of granting the maha vidya, that> is the ultimate vidya of atma gyana and realization of God. The ten> mahavidyas are the ten paths. Anyone can embark on these paths, as long as> you are not looking upon this sadhana as a remedy, but as a means to get the> ultimate knowledge. > > om sri matre namah> > Best Regards,> > Sarbani Sarkar Rath> http://sarbani.com <http://sarbani.com/> > > > > > _____ > > Sharat [gidoc] > Monday, January 22, 2007 4:34 PM> sohamsa > Re: Das mahavidyas> > > > > Hare Ram Krishna> > Dear Arpad/ Ms SS,> > Namaskar,> > Many thanks for your posts.> > My query was to learn what are the Mahavidyas really about regards remedial> measures, as Visti had alluded to them in regards to bad placement of> planets.> > The thought of invoking them by myself or others as remedy had not even> entered my thoughts. The only way I could find about them myself was to surf> the internet, however a learned response from you has given me that insight.> > Your post has been informative in that regards.> > Having spent 25 yrs in becoming a highly specialised professional, I know> when to wield the knife but Jyotish I am still learning!> > Thanks again for your response which is much appreciated.> > Regards and best wishes> > Sharat> > > > > > > > > sohamsa , "Arpad Joo" panchasila@ wrote:> >> > > > Hare Rama Krishna,> > > > Dear Sharat,> > > > Namaskar.> > > > Forgive me for "butting into" your message, but there are certain things> > which must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.> > > > The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes with a> > set of comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to be> > taken lightly. They relate to a set of practices, which must be done> > every day, maybe lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances of> > certain things. This may differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya.> > > >> > > My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical student:> > > > Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone.> > > > Sincerely yours,> > > > with deep respect,> > > > Arpadh Joo> >>

Guest guest

Dear arpad joo,

Namaskar!

Do you have their contact address and phone no?

Thanks for your guidance

Rgds

Anand

" Arpad Joo " <panchasila

Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:05:54

To:sohamsa

Hare Rama Krishna,

Dear Anand,Namaskar:

Yes I do.

There is a Tantric Kendra with very high ethical standards,scholarship

and deep commitment to the preservation and practice of the Mahavidyas

on a unusually high level-in Kerala.

Although their main practice is Shri Vidya,they maintain the lineages

for all the Mahavidyas.(And other tantric practices)

You may find, that although some of the practices in other parts of

India may have been mixed up with some local practices and customs-these

scholars (many of them are respected sanscrit scholars) preserved the

Mahavidya lores in a very pure form.

Just one warning: They don't entertain either the fool, or the

credulous,or someone who is not 100% serious.

Sincerely yours,

with deep respect

Arpadh Joo

sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com, " Anand

Ravi " <anandravi2004 wrote:

>

> Dear arpad joo,

>

> Do you know someone in south india who is an expert in mahavidyas and

where one could go and learn?

>

> Thanks. Rgds

> Anand

> --

> Arpad Joo

> Sender: sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com

> sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com

> Replysohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com

> Jan 22, 2007 00:15

>

> Hare Rama Krishna,

>

> Dear Sharat,

>

> Namaskar.

>

> Forgive me for " butting into " your message, but there are certain

things which must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.

>

> The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes with a

set of comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to be

taken lightly. They relate to a set of practices, which must be done

every day, maybe lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances of

certain things. This may differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya.

>

> Let me illustrate my point.

>

> When a Guru (in Kerala for instance)judges a chela to be ready for

Shri Vidya, he will start with Durga Navakshari Mantra diksha.This will

entail learning and practicing DAILY ALL the appropriate nyasas,mudras

etc and the reciation of the Mantra.

>

> After that Rajarajeshwari diksha is given and preliminary Shri Vidya

diksha of the 15 syllabiled Mantra.

>

> AFTER at least 1 and 1/2 year of serious abhyasa/saddhana, PURNA

diksha may be given with the 16 syllabiled Mantra (Shodashakshari).

Gradually the chela must learn and practice all the auxillary-though by

no means uninportant- practices. This is EXTENSIVE!!! And will take TIME

to lear, to absorb and to practice.

>

> Along the way the chela will receive additional commitments which he

must keep and practice.

>

> One has to be awfully careful with this, because once the commitments

have been undertaken you can't change your mind ,let's say 6 month down

the road,that " after all this is not for me " .Enormous cosmic energies

are manifested through the Mahavidyas.(Micrososmic and macrosmic). We

are NOT talking anymore here about astrological remedies and

prophylatics.The practice of Any of the Mahavidyas will result in

profound life altering,personality altering and spiritually elevating

changes in one's life. This is not a show and even less of an

entertainment.( " let's see what happens! " )If one breaks the commitments

and stops the practice-potentially very harmful consequences may

manifest. (Invariably it will). I can't imagine anyone trying to

" practice " any of the Mahavidyas by reading a book or surfing the

internet-however well intentioned. If you are lucky, nothing will

happen-no result. But I have seen a few real casualties already during

the course of my life, (fortunately on other people)and when you have

to pick up the pieces, it is not very nice to look at. Mental

imbalance,madness etc....

>

> My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical student:

>

> Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone.

>

> Sincerely yours,

>

> with deep respect,

>

> Arpadh Joo

> sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com, "

Sharat " gidoc@ wrote:

> >

> > Untitled DocumentHare Ram Krishna

> > Dear Visti,

> > Namaskar,

> >

> > My understanding is limited due to reading about this on the

inetrnet and this may be incorrect.

> > Could you please enlighten me in this regard.

> >

> > Thanks as always for your guidance and teachings.

> >

> > Regards

> >

> > Sharat

> >

> >

> >

> > -

> > Visti Larsen

> > sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com

> > Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:06 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

> >

> > Who said that? What is the reference?

> >

> >

> > Yours sincerely,

> >

> > --

> > Visti Larsen

> > For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.:

<http://srigaruda.com> com

> >

> >

> > Sharat wrote:

> > 

> >

> > Hare Ram Krishna

> > Dear Visti,

> >

> > It is said that the worship of a specific Mahavidya, liberates one

spiriually in the direction one is worshipping. This is to overcome the

established social norms/boundaries which that direction is placing on

the native.

> >

> > Can you please explain how this is used in Jyotish and in a

horoscope?

> >

> > Thanks as always for your guidance.

> >

> > Sharat

> >

> >

> >

> > -

> > Visti Larsen

> > Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:36 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

> >

> > The list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is Sharada

Tilakam.

> >

> >

> > Yours sincerely,

> >

> > --

> > Visti Larsen

> > For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.:

> >

> >

> > Sharat wrote:

> > 

> >

> > Hare Ram Krishna

> >

> > Dear Visti,

> > Thanks for your guidance.

> > Kindly confirm the List I have for das mahavidyas.

> > Where can I find mantras for the same?

> >

> > Thanks as always

>

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna,

Dear Anand ,Namaskar.

Yes I have.

I am in daily contact with the father now.

Thanks;

A.J.

>

> Dear arpad joo,

>

> Namaskar!

>

> Do you have their contact address and phone no?

>

> Thanks for your guidance

>

> Rgds

> Anand

>

>

>

> " Arpad Joo " panchasila

> Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:05:54

> To:sohamsa

>

> Hare Rama Krishna,

>

> Dear Anand,Namaskar:

>

> Yes I do.

>

> There is a Tantric Kendra with very high ethical standards,scholarship

> and deep commitment to the preservation and practice of the Mahavidyas

> on a unusually high level-in Kerala.

>

> Although their main practice is Shri Vidya,they maintain the lineages

> for all the Mahavidyas.(And other tantric practices)

>

> You may find, that although some of the practices in other parts of

> India may have been mixed up with some local practices and

customs-these

> scholars (many of them are respected sanscrit scholars) preserved the

> Mahavidya lores in a very pure form.

>

> Just one warning: They don't entertain either the fool, or the

> credulous,or someone who is not 100% serious.

>

> Sincerely yours,

>

> with deep respect

>

> Arpadh Joo

>

> sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com,

" Anand Ravi " anandravi2004@ wrote:

> >

> > Dear arpad joo,

> >

> > Do you know someone in south india who is an expert in mahavidyas

and

> where one could go and learn?

> >

> > Thanks. Rgds

> > Anand

> > --

> > Arpad Joo

> > Sender: sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com

> > Replysohamsa@: <sohamsa%40>

..com

> > Jan 22, 2007 00:15

> >

> > Hare Rama Krishna,

> >

> > Dear Sharat,

> >

> > Namaskar.

> >

> > Forgive me for " butting into " your message, but there are certain

> things which must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.

> >

> > The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes with

a

> set of comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to be

> taken lightly. They relate to a set of practices, which must be done

> every day, maybe lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances

of

> certain things. This may differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya.

> >

> > Let me illustrate my point.

> >

> > When a Guru (in Kerala for instance)judges a chela to be ready for

> Shri Vidya, he will start with Durga Navakshari Mantra diksha.This

will

> entail learning and practicing DAILY ALL the appropriate nyasas,mudras

> etc and the reciation of the Mantra.

> >

> > After that Rajarajeshwari diksha is given and preliminary Shri Vidya

> diksha of the 15 syllabiled Mantra.

> >

> > AFTER at least 1 and 1/2 year of serious abhyasa/saddhana, PURNA

> diksha may be given with the 16 syllabiled Mantra (Shodashakshari).

> Gradually the chela must learn and practice all the auxillary-though

by

> no means uninportant- practices. This is EXTENSIVE!!! And will take

TIME

> to lear, to absorb and to practice.

> >

> > Along the way the chela will receive additional commitments which he

> must keep and practice.

> >

> > One has to be awfully careful with this, because once the

commitments

> have been undertaken you can't change your mind ,let's say 6 month

down

> the road,that " after all this is not for me " .Enormous cosmic energies

> are manifested through the Mahavidyas.(Micrososmic and macrosmic). We

> are NOT talking anymore here about astrological remedies and

> prophylatics.The practice of Any of the Mahavidyas will result in

> profound life altering,personality altering and spiritually elevating

> changes in one's life. This is not a show and even less of an

> entertainment.( " let's see what happens! " )If one breaks the commitments

> and stops the practice-potentially very harmful consequences may

> manifest. (Invariably it will). I can't imagine anyone trying to

> " practice " any of the Mahavidyas by reading a book or surfing the

> internet-however well intentioned. If you are lucky, nothing will

> happen-no result. But I have seen a few real casualties already during

> the course of my life, (fortunately on other people)and when you have

> to pick up the pieces, it is not very nice to look at. Mental

> imbalance,madness etc....

> >

> > My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical student:

> >

> > Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone.

> >

> > Sincerely yours,

> >

> > with deep respect,

> >

> > Arpadh Joo

> > sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com,

" Sharat " gidoc@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Untitled DocumentHare Ram Krishna

> > > Dear Visti,

> > > Namaskar,

> > >

> > > My understanding is limited due to reading about this on the

> inetrnet and this may be incorrect.

> > > Could you please enlighten me in this regard.

> > >

> > > Thanks as always for your guidance and teachings.

> > >

> > > Regards

> > >

> > > Sharat

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > -

> > > Visti Larsen

> > > sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com

> > > Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:06 PM

> > > Re: Das mahavidyas

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

> > >

> > > Dear Sharat, Namaskar

> > > Who said that? What is the reference?

> > >

> > >

> > > Yours sincerely,

> > >

> > > --

> > > Visti Larsen

> > > email: visti@

> > > For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.:

> > >

> > >

> > > Sharat wrote:

> > > 

> > >

> > > Hare Ram Krishna

> > > Dear Visti,

> > >

> > > It is said that the worship of a specific Mahavidya, liberates one

> spiriually in the direction one is worshipping. This is to overcome

the

> established social norms/boundaries which that direction is placing on

> the native.

> > >

> > > Can you please explain how this is used in Jyotish and in a

> horoscope?

> > >

> > > Thanks as always for your guidance.

> > >

> > > Sharat

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > -

> > > Visti Larsen

> > > Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:36 PM

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > The list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is

Sharada

> Tilakam.

> > >

> > >

> > > Yours sincerely,

> > >

> > > --

> > > Visti Larsen

> > >

> > >

> > > Sharat wrote:

> > > 

> > >

> > > Hare Ram Krishna

> > >

> > > Dear Visti,

> > > Thanks for your guidance.

> > > Kindly confirm the List I have for das mahavidyas.

> > > Where can I find mantras for the same?

> > >

> > > Thanks as always

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Arpad,

Though I am not an expert, I understand that Epilepsy is caused

when Moon, Mercury and Lagna are afflicted specially by Saturn

and Mars.

In the chart given by you, we can notice the following:

- Moon is already in a bad shape being close to its debilitation

point. And, Moon is conjunct Mars and Saturn!

- Mercury is aspected by both Mars and Saturn

- Lagna gets an 8th house aspect from Mars. If you check in

terms of degrees, Lagna gets a powerful aspect from Saturn also.

And, Lagna is also afflicted by other malefics like Rahu and

Ravi.

- Moreover, Mercury is further afflicted due to conjunction with

6th lord and aspect by 8th lord Jupiter.

- And, Moon is further afflicted due to the aspect of 6th lord

venus.

- The problem causing Saturn is Badhaka for the chart as well.

The above indications can be easily visualized by looking at the

Sripathy Bhava chart.

We can clearly see well pronounced afflictions to Mercury, Moon

and the Lagna. I guess that explains the cause for Epilepsy.

The boy is undergoing Saturn MD. According to the data given by

you, the boy had the first observed attack during Saurn-Rahu

period. However, I suspect that the problem would have developed

during Saturn-Mars period itself.

Regards,

Krishna

--- Arpad Joo <panchasila wrote:

>

> Hare Rama Krishna,

>

> Dear Sarbani, Visti Namaskar.

>

> Thank you both for your erudite comments.

>

> I would like to change the subject now.

>

> I have been approached by a friend, whom I knew for sometime.

> He is in

> deep sorrow on account of his son,Jayaprabu. A bright boy,

> doing well in

> his studies, then suddenly epilepsy has appeared. The family

> and the boy

> is devastated.

>

> The father very hesitantly has disclosed this information to

> me. They

> are a poor Tamil family and can ill afford the exorbitant

> prices of the

> visits to the specialist. (Every time 700 sing $!). Allopathic

> medicines

> has supressed the appearance of epilepsy for some time, but

> suddenly,

> just a few weeks ago it appeared again. Fortunately the attack

> lasts

> only for about 15 seconds, but it is enough to cause serious

> damage.

> (also to the loss of confidence).

>

> As the family is poor, I have undertaken the work from start

> to finish

> for 1$ (as Guru dakshina). I also want them to be able to put

> their

> resources into the pujas which I will recomend for them.

>

> Anyway,since I have NEVER encountered epilepsy in any chart, I

> thought

> that I invite your deep knowledge of Jyotish to assist me and

> help me.

>

> Here is the info:

>

> Jayaprabu

>

> May 15th 1984, 07.05(am) Singapore

>

> The first attack of epilepsy has occured on the 20th of Oct.

> 2004,

> between 20.00-22.00 Hrs.(In Singapore)

>

> The chart itself is interesting in many respects. The close

> proximity of

> Full moon ( a few hours away), in fact Lunar eclipse, the

> numerous

> afflictions in the chart etc. Also interesting is the attack

> occured at

> the start of Rahu Antara in Shani Maha dasha.(Vimshottari)

>

> Rather than prejudice any of your judgements,I will not say

> any more

> either in diagnosis or remedies.

>

> By the way,it is open to ANYONE of you, respected members, to

> comment or

> put your " 2 cents worth " in.

>

> If you have the heart and the time, please lend me a helping

> hand in

> this.

>

> With deep respect:

>

> Arpadh Joo

>

>

sohamsa , " Sarbani Sarkar " <sarbani

> wrote:

> >

> > Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

> >

> > Dear Sharat, Arpad,

> >

> > What Arpad writes is very correct. And what Visti writes is

> also

> correct in

> > that the mis-information in the web is the cause of

> confusion, and the

> fact

> > that anyone and everyone can reach the Divine Mother.

> Tripura Vidya as

> Arpad

> > points out is very complex and south India is rich in the

> Sri-Kula

> > tradition; while eastern Indian traditions are more

> Kali-Kula

> traditions.

> > Tripura is Lalita and Shodasi. Doing the simple nama mantras

> of the

> Lalita

> > Sahasranama can be very helpful, like " om lalitambikayai

> namah " . " Om

> > parasundaryai namah " , is just one such mantra from that

> beautiful

> hymn. The

> > root bija for Tripura is " aim klim sauh " . Japa or meditation

> on this

> can

> > lead one to the guru or mantra initiation. Others are often

> given the

> three

> > kuta bijas of Tripura to start with; sometimes just one kuta

> bija is

> given.

> > Sometimes, Tripura's root bija, simply Shrim is given. Shrim

> is the

> root

> > bija for Tripura, Kamlatmika and Saraswati. Sometimes small

> mantras

> like " Om

> > aim klim tripurayai svaha " are used.

> >

> > Mahavidyas have the eventual potentiality of granting the

> maha vidya,

> that

> > is the ultimate vidya of atma gyana and realization of God.

> The ten

> > mahavidyas are the ten paths. Anyone can embark on these

> paths, as

> long as

> > you are not looking upon this sadhana as a remedy, but as a

> means to

> get the

> > ultimate knowledge.

> >

> > om sri matre namah

> >

> > Best Regards,

> >

> > Sarbani Sarkar Rath

> > http://sarbani.com <http://sarbani.com/>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > _____

> >

> > Sharat [gidoc]

> > Monday, January 22, 2007 4:34 PM

> > sohamsa

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hare Ram Krishna

> >

> > Dear Arpad/ Ms SS,

> >

> > Namaskar,

> >

> > Many thanks for your posts.

> >

> > My query was to learn what are the Mahavidyas really about

> regards

> remedial

> > measures, as Visti had alluded to them in regards to bad

> placement of

> > planets.

> >

> > The thought of invoking them by myself or others as remedy

> had not

> even

> > entered my thoughts. The only way I could find about them

> myself was

> to surf

> > the internet, however a learned response from you has given

> me that

> insight.

> >

> > Your post has been informative in that regards.

> >

> > Having spent 25 yrs in becoming a highly specialised

> professional, I

> know

> > when to wield the knife but Jyotish I am still learning!

> >

> > Thanks again for your response which is much appreciated.

> >

> > Regards and best wishes

> >

> > Sharat

> >

> >

>

=== message truncated ===

Regards,

Krishna

http://astrokrishna.blogspot.com

______________________________\

____

Never miss an email again!

Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives.

http://tools.search./toolbar/features/mail/

Guest guest

Dear arpad joo,

Can you please advise me the contacts and the person with whom I can get in

touch?

Thanks alot

Anand

Tue, 23 Jan 2007 04:54:59

Hare Rama Krishna,

Dear Anand ,Namaskar.

Yes I have.

I am in daily contact with the father now.

Thanks;

A.J.

>

> Dear arpad joo,

>

> Namaskar!

>

> Do you have their contact address and phone no?

>

> Thanks for your guidance

>

> Rgds

> Anand

>

>

>

> Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:05:54

> To:sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com

>

> Hare Rama Krishna,

>

> Dear Anand,Namaskar:

>

> Yes I do.

>

> There is a Tantric Kendra with very high ethical standards,scholarship

> and deep commitment to the preservation and practice of the Mahavidyas

> on a unusually high level-in Kerala.

>

> Although their main practice is Shri Vidya,they maintain the lineages

> for all the Mahavidyas.(And other tantric practices)

>

> You may find, that although some of the practices in other parts of

> India may have been mixed up with some local practices and

customs-these

> scholars (many of them are respected sanscrit scholars) preserved the

> Mahavidya lores in a very pure form.

>

> Just one warning: They don't entertain either the fool, or the

> credulous,or someone who is not 100% serious.

>

> Sincerely yours,

>

> with deep respect

>

> Arpadh Joo

>

> >

> > Dear arpad joo,

> >

> > Do you know someone in south india who is an expert in mahavidyas

and

> where one could go and learn?

> >

> > Thanks. Rgds

> > Anand

> > --

> > Arpad Joo

> > Sender: sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com

> > Replysohamsa@: <sohamsa%40>

.com

> > Jan 22, 2007 00:15

> >

> > Hare Rama Krishna,

> >

> > Dear Sharat,

> >

> > Namaskar.

> >

> > Forgive me for " butting into " your message, but there are certain

> things which must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.

> >

> > The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes with

a

> set of comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to be

> taken lightly. They relate to a set of practices, which must be done

> every day, maybe lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances

of

> certain things. This may differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya.

> >

> > Let me illustrate my point.

> >

> > When a Guru (in Kerala for instance)judges a chela to be ready for

> Shri Vidya, he will start with Durga Navakshari Mantra diksha.This

will

> entail learning and practicing DAILY ALL the appropriate nyasas,mudras

> etc and the reciation of the Mantra.

> >

> > After that Rajarajeshwari diksha is given and preliminary Shri Vidya

> diksha of the 15 syllabiled Mantra.

> >

> > AFTER at least 1 and 1/2 year of serious abhyasa/saddhana, PURNA

> diksha may be given with the 16 syllabiled Mantra (Shodashakshari).

> Gradually the chela must learn and practice all the auxillary-though

by

> no means uninportant- practices. This is EXTENSIVE!!! And will take

TIME

> to lear, to absorb and to practice.

> >

> > Along the way the chela will receive additional commitments which he

> must keep and practice.

> >

> > One has to be awfully careful with this, because once the

commitments

> have been undertaken you can't change your mind ,let's say 6 month

down

> the road,that " after all this is not for me " .Enormous cosmic energies

> are manifested through the Mahavidyas.(Micrososmic and macrosmic). We

> are NOT talking anymore here about astrological remedies and

> prophylatics.The practice of Any of the Mahavidyas will result in

> profound life altering,personality altering and spiritually elevating

> changes in one's life. This is not a show and even less of an

> entertainment.( " let's see what happens! " )If one breaks the commitments

> and stops the practice-potentially very harmful consequences may

> manifest. (Invariably it will). I can't imagine anyone trying to

> " practice " any of the Mahavidyas by reading a book or surfing the

> internet-however well intentioned. If you are lucky, nothing will

> happen-no result. But I have seen a few real casualties already during

> the course of my life, (fortunately on other people)and when you have

> to pick up the pieces, it is not very nice to look at. Mental

> imbalance,madness etc....

> >

> > My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical student:

> >

> > Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone.

> >

> > Sincerely yours,

> >

> > with deep respect,

> >

> > Arpadh Joo

" Sharat " gidoc@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Untitled DocumentHare Ram Krishna

> > > Dear Visti,

> > > Namaskar,

> > >

> > > My understanding is limited due to reading about this on the

> inetrnet and this may be incorrect.

> > > Could you please enlighten me in this regard.

> > >

> > > Thanks as always for your guidance and teachings.

> > >

> > > Regards

> > >

> > > Sharat

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > -

> > > Visti Larsen

> > > Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:06 PM

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Who said that? What is the reference?

> > >

> > >

> > > Yours sincerely,

> > >

> > > --

> > > Visti Larsen

<http://srigaruda.:> :

<http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.com> com> com

> > >

> > >

> > > Sharat wrote:

> > > 

> > >

> > > Hare Ram Krishna

> > > Dear Visti,

> > >

> > > It is said that the worship of a specific Mahavidya, liberates one

> spiriually in the direction one is worshipping. This is to overcome

the

> established social norms/boundaries which that direction is placing on

> the native.

> > >

> > > Can you please explain how this is used in Jyotish and in a

> horoscope?

> > >

> > > Thanks as always for your guidance.

> > >

> > > Sharat

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > -

> > > Visti Larsen

> > > Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:36 PM

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > The list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is

Sharada

> Tilakam.

> > >

> > >

> > > Yours sincerely,

> > >

> > > --

> > > Visti Larsen

<http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.com> com> com

> > >

> > >

> > > Sharat wrote:

> > > 

> > >

> > > Hare Ram Krishna

> > >

> > > Dear Visti,

> > > Thanks for your guidance.

> > > Kindly confirm the List I have for das mahavidyas.

> > > Where can I find mantras for the same?

> > >

> > > Thanks as always

> >

>

Guest guest

Hare Rama Krishna,

Dear Anand Ravi

Namaskar.

The Tantra Vidya Pitham is NOT a public place " per se " .

There are around 30+ Tantric students living and studying there full

time,mastering not only the intricacies of the Mahavidyas but also the

Vedas and the Upanishads etc. Their knowledge and commitment is as deep

as it is extraordinary.

My contact came via a true adept of Shri Vidya, who is a trusted friend.

You may forgive me for saying that, and I say it with the best of

intentions-I can only recommend someone whom I have met personally.

I recommend that next time when I am in India, we meet up somewhere,

have a chat- and perhaps visit the place together. More I cannot do at

present.

With deep respect:

Arpadh Joo

>

> Dear arpad joo,

>

> Can you please advise me the contacts and the person with whom I can

get in touch?

>

> Thanks alot

> Anand

>

>

>

> Tue, 23 Jan 2007 04:54:59

> To:sohamsa

>

> Hare Rama Krishna,

>

> Dear Anand ,Namaskar.

>

> Yes I have.

>

> I am in daily contact with the father now.

>

> Thanks;

>

> A.J.

> >

> > Dear arpad joo,

> >

> > Namaskar!

> >

> > Do you have their contact address and phone no?

> >

> > Thanks for your guidance

> >

> > Rgds

> > Anand

> >

> >

> >

> > " Arpad Joo " panchasila@

> > Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:05:54

> > To:sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com

> >

> > Hare Rama Krishna,

> >

> > Dear Anand,Namaskar:

> >

> > Yes I do.

> >

> > There is a Tantric Kendra with very high ethical

standards,scholarship

> > and deep commitment to the preservation and practice of the

Mahavidyas

> > on a unusually high level-in Kerala.

> >

> > Although their main practice is Shri Vidya,they maintain the

lineages

> > for all the Mahavidyas.(And other tantric practices)

> >

> > You may find, that although some of the practices in other parts of

> > India may have been mixed up with some local practices and

> customs-these

> > scholars (many of them are respected sanscrit scholars) preserved

the

> > Mahavidya lores in a very pure form.

> >

> > Just one warning: They don't entertain either the fool, or the

> > credulous,or someone who is not 100% serious.

> >

> > Sincerely yours,

> >

> > with deep respect

> >

> > Arpadh Joo

> >

> " Anand Ravi " anandravi2004@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear arpad joo,

> > >

> > > Do you know someone in south india who is an expert in mahavidyas

> and

> > where one could go and learn?

> > >

> > > Thanks. Rgds

> > > Anand

> > > --

> > > Arpad Joo

> > > Sender: sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40>

..com

> > > Replysohamsa@: <sohamsa%40>

> .com

> > > Jan 22, 2007 00:15

> > >

> > > Hare Rama Krishna,

> > >

> > > Dear Sharat,

> > >

> > > Namaskar.

> > >

> > > Forgive me for " butting into " your message, but there are certain

> > things which must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.

> > >

> > > The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes

with

> a

> > set of comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to

be

> > taken lightly. They relate to a set of practices, which must be done

> > every day, maybe lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances

> of

> > certain things. This may differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya.

> > >

> > > Let me illustrate my point.

> > >

> > > When a Guru (in Kerala for instance)judges a chela to be ready for

> > Shri Vidya, he will start with Durga Navakshari Mantra diksha.This

> will

> > entail learning and practicing DAILY ALL the appropriate

nyasas,mudras

> > etc and the reciation of the Mantra.

> > >

> > > After that Rajarajeshwari diksha is given and preliminary Shri

Vidya

> > diksha of the 15 syllabiled Mantra.

> > >

> > > AFTER at least 1 and 1/2 year of serious abhyasa/saddhana, PURNA

> > diksha may be given with the 16 syllabiled Mantra (Shodashakshari).

> > Gradually the chela must learn and practice all the auxillary-though

> by

> > no means uninportant- practices. This is EXTENSIVE!!! And will take

> TIME

> > to lear, to absorb and to practice.

> > >

> > > Along the way the chela will receive additional commitments which

he

> > must keep and practice.

> > >

> > > One has to be awfully careful with this, because once the

> commitments

> > have been undertaken you can't change your mind ,let's say 6 month

> down

> > the road,that " after all this is not for me " .Enormous cosmic

energies

> > are manifested through the Mahavidyas.(Micrososmic and macrosmic).

We

> > are NOT talking anymore here about astrological remedies and

> > prophylatics.The practice of Any of the Mahavidyas will result in

> > profound life altering,personality altering and spiritually

elevating

> > changes in one's life. This is not a show and even less of an

> > entertainment.( " let's see what happens! " )If one breaks the

commitments

> > and stops the practice-potentially very harmful consequences may

> > manifest. (Invariably it will). I can't imagine anyone trying to

> > " practice " any of the Mahavidyas by reading a book or surfing the

> > internet-however well intentioned. If you are lucky, nothing will

> > happen-no result. But I have seen a few real casualties already

during

> > the course of my life, (fortunately on other people)and when you

have

> > to pick up the pieces, it is not very nice to look at. Mental

> > imbalance,madness etc....

> > >

> > > My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical

student:

> > >

> > > Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone.

> > >

> > > Sincerely yours,

> > >

> > > with deep respect,

> > >

> > > Arpadh Joo

> > > sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40>

..com,

> " Sharat " gidoc@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Untitled DocumentHare Ram Krishna

> > > > Dear Visti,

> > > > Namaskar,

> > > >

> > > > My understanding is limited due to reading about this on the

> > inetrnet and this may be incorrect.

> > > > Could you please enlighten me in this regard.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks as always for your guidance and teachings.

> > > >

> > > > Regards

> > > >

> > > > Sharat

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > -

> > > > Visti Larsen

> > > > sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com

> > > > Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:06 PM

> > > > Re: Das mahavidyas

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sharat, Namaskar

> > > > Who said that? What is the reference?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yours sincerely,

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > Visti Larsen

> > > > email: visti@

> > > > For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.:

> <http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.com> com> com

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sharat wrote:

> > > > 

> > > >

> > > > Hare Ram Krishna

> > > > Dear Visti,

> > > >

> > > > It is said that the worship of a specific Mahavidya, liberates

one

> > spiriually in the direction one is worshipping. This is to overcome

> the

> > established social norms/boundaries which that direction is placing

on

> > the native.

> > > >

> > > > Can you please explain how this is used in Jyotish and in a

> > horoscope?

> > > >

> > > > Thanks as always for your guidance.

> > > >

> > > > Sharat

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > -

> > > > Visti Larsen

> > > > Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:36 PM

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > The list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is

> Sharada

> > Tilakam.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yours sincerely,

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > Visti Larsen

> <http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.com> com> com

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sharat wrote:

> > > > 

> > > >

> > > > Hare Ram Krishna

> > > >

> > > > Dear Visti,

> > > > Thanks for your guidance.

> > > > Kindly confirm the List I have for das mahavidyas.

> > > > Where can I find mantras for the same?

> > > >

> > > > Thanks as always

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear arpad joo,

Namaskar

I understand. May be we should do it on your next trip to india. I had heard

lots of das mahavidya and with an interest to learn iam asking you all these.

Also we are planning to build a temple of das maha vidya and siva linga at the

centre at a place in north india. And an ashram too.

With best regards

Anand

Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:11:03

Hare Rama Krishna,

Dear Anand Ravi

Namaskar.

as it is extraordinary.

present.

With deep respect:

Arpadh Joo

>

> Dear arpad joo,

>

get in touch?

>

> Thanks alot

> Anand

>

>

>

> To:sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com

>

> Hare Rama Krishna,

>

> Dear Anand ,Namaskar.

>

> Yes I have.

>

>

> Thanks;

>

> A.J.

> >

> > Dear arpad joo,

> >

> > Namaskar!

> >

> >

> >

> > Rgds

> > Anand

> >

> >

> >

> > To:sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com

> >

> > Hare Rama Krishna,

> >

> > Dear Anand,Namaskar:

> >

> > Yes I do.

> >

standards,scholarship

Mahavidyas

> >

lineages

> >

> customs-these

the

> >

> >

> > Sincerely yours,

> >

> > with deep respect

> >

> > Arpadh Joo

> >

> > >

> > > Dear arpad joo,

> > >

> and

> > >

> > > Thanks. Rgds

> > > Anand

> > > --

> > > Arpad Joo

> > > Sender: sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40>

.com

> > > Replysohamsa@: <sohamsa%40>

> .com

> > >

> > > Hare Rama Krishna,

> > >

> > > Dear Sharat,

> > >

> > > Namaskar.

> > >

> > >

with

> a

be

> of

> > >

> > >

> will

nyasas,mudras

> > >

Vidya

> > >

> by

> TIME

> > >

he

> > >

> commitments

> down

energies

We

elevating

commitments

during

have

> > >

student:

> > >

> > >

> > > Sincerely yours,

> > >

> > > with deep respect,

> > >

> > > Arpadh Joo

> > > sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40>

.com,

> > > >

> > > > Dear Visti,

> > > > Namaskar,

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Regards

> > > >

> > > > Sharat

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > -

> > > > Visti Larsen

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yours sincerely,

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > Visti Larsen

<http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.:> :> :

> <http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.:> : <http://srigaruda.:

<http://srigaruda.com> com> com> com

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sharat wrote:

> > > > 

> > > >

> > > > Hare Ram Krishna

> > > > Dear Visti,

> > > >

one

> the

on

> > the native.

> > > >

> > horoscope?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sharat

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > -

> > > > Visti Larsen

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> Sharada

> > Tilakam.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yours sincerely,

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > Visti Larsen

<http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.:> :> :

> <http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.:> : <http://srigaruda.:

<http://srigaruda.com> com> com> com

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sharat wrote:

> > > > 

> > > >

> > > > Hare Ram Krishna

> > > >

> > > > Dear Visti,

> > > >

> > > > Thanks as always

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Kindly correct the 2nd line to thisPundits of which Math, will perform worship?Thanks and RegardsBharatOn 1/24/07, Bharat Hindu Astrology

<hinduastrology wrote:

Namaste Sri AnandCan you kindly share with us where you would be building the Dasha MahaVidya Temple? Pundits of which Math, will do perform worship?Thanks and RegardsBharat

On 1/23/07, Anand Ravi <anandravi2004 wrote:

Dear arpad joo,NamaskarI understand. May be we should do it on your next trip to india. I had heard lots of das mahavidya and with an interest to learn iam asking you all these. Also we are planning to build a temple of das maha vidya and siva linga at the centre at a place in north india. And an ashram too.

With best regardsAnand " Arpad Joo " <

panchasilaTue, 23 Jan 2007 15:11:03

To:sohamsa Re: Das mahavidyasHare Rama Krishna, Dear Anand Ravi Namaskar. The Tantra Vidya Pitham is NOT a public place " per se " .

There are around 30+ Tantric students living and studying there full time,mastering not only the intricacies of the Mahavidyas but also the Vedas and the Upanishads etc. Their knowledge and commitment is as deep

as it is extraordinary. My contact came via a true adept of Shri Vidya, who is a trusted friend. You may forgive me for saying that, and I say it with the best of intentions-I can only recommend someone whom I have met personally.

I recommend that next time when I am in India, we meet up somewhere, have a chat- and perhaps visit the place together. More I cannot do at present. With deep respect: Arpadh Joo sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com, " Anand Ravi " <anandravi2004 wrote:

> > Dear arpad joo, > > Can you please advise me the contacts and the person with whom I can

get in touch? > > Thanks alot > Anand > > > > " Arpad Joo " panchasila > Tue, 23 Jan 2007 04:54:59 > To:sohamsa@

: <sohamsa%40> .com > Re: Das mahavidyas >

> Hare Rama Krishna, > > Dear Anand ,Namaskar.

> > Yes I have. > > I am in daily contact with the father now. > > Thanks; > > A.J. > sohamsa@: <

sohamsa%40> .com, " Anand Ravi " anandravi2004@ wrote: > > > > Dear arpad joo, > > > > Namaskar! > > > > Do you have their contact address and phone no?

> > > > Thanks for your guidance > > > > Rgds > > Anand > > > > > > > > " Arpad Joo " panchasila@

> > Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:05:54 > > To:sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40

> .com > > Re: Das mahavidyas

> > > > Hare Rama Krishna, > > > > Dear Anand,Namaskar: > > > > Yes I do. > > > > There is a Tantric Kendra with very high ethical standards,scholarship

> > and deep commitment to the preservation and practice of the Mahavidyas > > on a unusually high level-in Kerala. > > > > Although their main practice is Shri Vidya,they maintain the

lineages > > for all the Mahavidyas.(And other tantric practices) > > > > You may find, that although some of the practices in other parts of > > India may have been mixed up with some local practices and

> customs-these > > scholars (many of them are respected sanscrit scholars) preserved the > > Mahavidya lores in a very pure form. > > > > Just one warning: They don't entertain either the fool, or the

> > credulous,or someone who is not 100% serious. > > > > Sincerely yours, > > > > with deep respect > > > > Arpadh Joo > > > > sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com, > " Anand Ravi " anandravi2004@ wrote:

> > > > > > Dear arpad joo,

> > > > > > Do you know someone in south india who is an expert in mahavidyas > and > > where one could go and learn? > > > > > > Thanks. Rgds > > > Anand

> > > -- > > > Arpad Joo > > > Sender: sohamsa@: <

sohamsa%40>

..com > > > sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40> .com > > > Replysohamsa@: <

sohamsa%40> > .com > > > Jan 22, 2007 00:15 > > > Re: Das mahavidyas > > > > > > Hare Rama Krishna, > > >

> > > Dear Sharat, > > > > > > Namaskar. > > > > > > Forgive me for " butting into " your message, but there are certain > > things which must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.

> > > > > > The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes with > a > > set of comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to be > > taken lightly. They relate to a set of practices, which must be done

> > every day, maybe lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances > of > > certain things. This may differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya. > > > > > > Let me illustrate my point.

> > > > > > When a Guru (in Kerala for instance)judges a chela to be ready for > > Shri Vidya, he will start with Durga Navakshari Mantra diksha.This > will > > entail learning and practicing DAILY ALL the appropriate

nyasas,mudras > > etc and the reciation of the Mantra. > > > > > > After that Rajarajeshwari diksha is given and preliminary Shri Vidya > > diksha of the 15 syllabiled Mantra.

> > > > > > AFTER at least 1 and 1/2 year of serious abhyasa/saddhana, PURNA > > diksha may be given with the 16 syllabiled Mantra (Shodashakshari). > > Gradually the chela must learn and practice all the auxillary-though

> by > > no means uninportant- practices. This is EXTENSIVE!!! And will take > TIME > > to lear, to absorb and to practice. > > > > > > Along the way the chela will receive additional commitments which

he > > must keep and practice. > > > > > > One has to be awfully careful with this, because once the > commitments > > have been undertaken you can't change your mind ,let's say 6 month

> down > > the road,that " after all this is not for me " .Enormous cosmic energies > > are manifested through the Mahavidyas.(Micrososmic and macrosmic). We > > are NOT talking anymore here about astrological remedies and

> > prophylatics.The practice of Any of the Mahavidyas will result in > > profound life altering,personality altering and spiritually elevating > > changes in one's life. This is not a show and even less of an

> > entertainment.( " let's see what happens! " )If one breaks the commitments > > and stops the practice-potentially very harmful consequences may > > manifest. (Invariably it will). I can't imagine anyone trying to

> > " practice " any of the Mahavidyas by reading a book or surfing the > > internet-however well intentioned. If you are lucky, nothing will > > happen-no result. But I have seen a few real casualties already

during > > the course of my life, (fortunately on other people)and when you have > > to pick up the pieces, it is not very nice to look at. Mental > > imbalance,madness etc.... > > >

> > > My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical student: > > > > > > Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone. > > > > > > Sincerely yours,

> > > > > > with deep respect, > > > > > > Arpadh Joo > > > sohamsa@: <

sohamsa%40

> .com, > " Sharat " gidoc@ wrote: > > > > > > > > Untitled DocumentHare Ram Krishna > > > > Dear Visti, > > > > Namaskar, > > > >

> > > > My understanding is limited due to reading about this on the > > inetrnet and this may be incorrect. > > > > Could you please enlighten me in this regard. > > > >

> > > > Thanks as always for your guidance and teachings. > > > > > > > > Regards > > > > > > > > Sharat > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > - > > > > Visti Larsen > > > > sohamsa@: <

sohamsa%40> .com > > > > Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:06 PM > > > > Re: Das mahavidyas > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > हरे राम कृषà¥Âण॥ > > > > > > > > Dear Sharat, Namaskar > > > > Who said that? What is the reference?

> > > > > > > > > > > > Yours sincerely, > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Visti Larsen > > > > email: visti@ > > > > For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.: <

http://srigaruda.:> : <http://srigaruda.: <

http://srigaruda.:

> :> : > <http://srigaruda.: <

http://srigaruda.:> : <http://srigaruda.: <

http://srigaruda.com> com> com> com > > > > > > > > > > > > Sharat wrote: > > > >  > > > > > > > > Hare Ram Krishna

> > > > Dear Visti, > > > > > > > > It is said that the worship of a specific Mahavidya, liberates one > > spiriually in the direction one is worshipping. This is to overcome

> the > > established social norms/boundaries which that direction is placing on > > the native. > > > > > > > > Can you please explain how this is used in Jyotish and in a

> > horoscope? > > > > > > > > Thanks as always for your guidance. > > > > > > > > Sharat > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > - > > > > Visti Larsen > > > > sohamsa@: <

sohamsa%40

> .com > > > > Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:36 PM > > > > Re: Das mahavidyas > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > हरे राम कृषà¥Âण॥ > > > > > > > > Dear Sharat, Namaskar > > > > The list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is

> Sharada > > Tilakam. > > > > > > > > > > > > Yours sincerely, > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Visti Larsen

> > > > email: visti@ > > > > For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.: <

http://srigaruda.:> : <

http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.:> :> : > <

http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.:> : <

http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.com> com> com> com > > > > > > > >

> > > > Sharat wrote: > > > > 

> > > > > > > > Hare Ram Krishna > > > > > > > > Dear Visti, > > > > Thanks for your guidance. > > > > Kindly confirm the List I have for das mahavidyas.

> > > > Where can I find mantras for the same? > > > > > > > > Thanks as always > > > > > >

Guest guest

|om|

Dear Sri Arpad, namaste

1. If you are based in Singapore, I am sure SJC Singapore would benefit from your presence in the weekly classes. Particularly on remedies/pujas etc.

2. In such cases as the one you posted, I look for involvement of the badhakesa and its connection with the lagna and/or Mesha Rasi (natural 1st house of kalapurusha). Additionally epilepsy indicates affliction to nervous system and thus I would look for Saturn's role as it is the karaka for nerves. In a brief look at the chart, I find that badhakesa Shukra is in lagna as the lagna co-lord Saturn is in badhaka rasi, retrograde and in debilitated navamsa. My apologies for not typing out a detailed analysis but I do recommend you look at Sanjay Rath's writings in this subject (website or his book Vedic Remedies in Astrology) to ascertain the nature of badhak and the indicated remedy.

best regards

Hari

On 1/22/07, Arpad Joo <panchasila wrote:

Hare Rama Krishna,

Dear Sarbani, Visti Namaskar.

Thank you both for your erudite comments.

I would like to change the subject now.

I have been approached by a friend, whom I knew for sometime. He is in deep sorrow on account of his son,Jayaprabu. A bright boy, doing well in his studies, then suddenly epilepsy has appeared. The family and the boy is devastated.

The father very hesitantly has disclosed this information to me. They are a poor Tamil family and can ill afford the exorbitant prices of the visits to the specialist. (Every time 700 sing $!). Allopathic medicines has supressed the appearance of epilepsy for some time, but suddenly, just a few weeks ago it appeared again. Fortunately the attack lasts only for about 15 seconds, but it is enough to cause serious damage. (also to the loss of confidence).

As the family is poor, I have undertaken the work from start to finish for 1$ (as Guru dakshina). I also want them to be able to put their resources into the pujas which I will recomend for them.

Anyway,since I have NEVER encountered epilepsy in any chart, I thought that I invite your deep knowledge of Jyotish to assist me and help me.

Here is the info:

Jayaprabu

May 15th 1984, 07.05(am) Singapore

The first attack of epilepsy has occured on the 20th of Oct. 2004, between 20.00-22.00 Hrs.(In Singapore)

The chart itself is interesting in many respects. The close proximity of Full moon ( a few hours away), in fact Lunar eclipse, the numerous afflictions in the chart etc. Also interesting is the attack occured at the start of Rahu Antara in Shani Maha dasha.(Vimshottari)

Rather than prejudice any of your judgements,I will not say any more either in diagnosis or remedies.

By the way,it is open to ANYONE of you, respected members, to comment or put your " 2 cents worth " in.

If you have the heart and the time, please lend me a helping hand in this.

With deep respect:

Arpadh Joo

sohamsa , " Sarbani Sarkar " <sarbani wrote:>> Shri Brahmadaru Smarami

> > Dear Sharat, Arpad,> > What Arpad writes is very correct. And what Visti writes is also correct in> that the mis-information in the web is the cause of confusion, and the fact> that anyone and everyone can reach the Divine Mother. Tripura Vidya as Arpad

> points out is very complex and south India is rich in the Sri-Kula> tradition; while eastern Indian traditions are more Kali-Kula traditions.> Tripura is Lalita and Shodasi. Doing the simple nama mantras of the Lalita

> Sahasranama can be very helpful, like " om lalitambikayai namah " . " Om> parasundaryai namah " , is just one such mantra from that beautiful hymn. The> root bija for Tripura is " aim klim sauh " . Japa or meditation on this can

> lead one to the guru or mantra initiation. Others are often given the three> kuta bijas of Tripura to start with; sometimes just one kuta bija is given.> Sometimes, Tripura's root bija, simply Shrim is given. Shrim is the root

> bija for Tripura, Kamlatmika and Saraswati. Sometimes small mantras like " Om> aim klim tripurayai svaha " are used. > > Mahavidyas have the eventual potentiality of granting the maha vidya, that

> is the ultimate vidya of atma gyana and realization of God. The ten> mahavidyas are the ten paths. Anyone can embark on these paths, as long as> you are not looking upon this sadhana as a remedy, but as a means to get the

> ultimate knowledge. > > om sri matre namah> > Best Regards,> > Sarbani Sarkar Rath>

http://sarbani.com <http://sarbani.com/> > > > > > _____ > > Sharat [

gidoc] > Monday, January 22, 2007 4:34 PM> sohamsa > Re: Das mahavidyas

> > > > > Hare Ram Krishna> > Dear Arpad/ Ms SS,> > Namaskar,> > Many thanks for your posts.> > My query was to learn what are the Mahavidyas really about regards remedial

> measures, as Visti had alluded to them in regards to bad placement of> planets.> > The thought of invoking them by myself or others as remedy had not even> entered my thoughts. The only way I could find about them myself was to surf

> the internet, however a learned response from you has given me that insight.> > Your post has been informative in that regards.> > Having spent 25 yrs in becoming a highly specialised professional, I know

> when to wield the knife but Jyotish I am still learning!> > Thanks again for your response which is much appreciated.> > Regards and best wishes> > Sharat> > > > > > > > > sohamsa , " Arpad Joo " panchasila@ wrote:> >> > > > Hare Rama Krishna,

> > > > Dear Sharat,> > > > Namaskar.> > > > Forgive me for " butting into " your message, but there are certain things> > which must be said with regards to the Mahavidyas.

> > > > The practice of the Mahavidyas (any Mahavidya) typically comes with a> > set of comitments. These commitments are serious affair, and not to be> > taken lightly. They relate to a set of practices, which must be done

> > every day, maybe lifestyles, relating to diet and strict observances of> > certain things. This may differ from Mahavidya to Mahavidya.> > > >> > > My advice is the same I would give to a first year medical student:

> > > > Until you finish your medical school-leave brain surgery alone.> > > > Sincerely yours,> > > > with deep respect,> > > > Arpadh Joo

> >>

Guest guest

Dear sri barat,

Namaskar, we are planning to build this at churu, an small village in rajastan.

The initial project is going on and will keep you posted on the developments.

Thanks. Rgds

Anand

" Bharat Hindu Astrology " <hinduastrology

Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:47:08

Re: Re: Das mahavidyas

Namaste Sri Anand

Can you kindly share with us where you would be building the Dasha MahaVidya

Temple? Pundits of which Math, will do perform worship?

Thanks and Regards

Bharat

On 1/23/07, Anand Ravi <anandravi2004@: <anandravi2004

> wrote: Dear arpad joo,

Namaskar

I understand. May be we should do it on your next trip to india. I had heard

lots of das mahavidya and with an interest to learn iam asking you all these.

Also we are planning to build a temple of das maha vidya and siva linga at the

centre at a place in north india. And an ashram too.

With best regards

Anand

" Arpad Joo " <panchasila (AT) (DOT) : <panchasila com>

Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:11:03

To:sohamsa@gro: <To:sohamsa > ups.com

Hare Rama Krishna,

Dear Anand Ravi

Namaskar.

as it is extraordinary.

present.

With deep respect:

Arpadh Joo

sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40grou:

<sohamsa%40> ps.com> .com, " Anand Ravi "

<anandravi2004 wrote:

>

> Dear arpad joo,

>

get in touch?

>

> Thanks alot

> Anand

>

>

>

> To:sohamsa@ : <sohamsa%40grou:

<sohamsa%40> ps.com> .com

>

> Hare Rama Krishna,

>

> Dear Anand ,Namaskar.

>

> Yes I have.

>

>

> Thanks;

>

> A.J.

> sohamsa@: <

sohamsa%40grou: <sohamsa%40> ps.com> .com,

> >

> > Dear arpad joo,

> >

> > Namaskar!

> >

> >

> >

> > Rgds

> > Anand

> >

> >

> >

> > To:sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40grou:

> >

> > Hare Rama Krishna,

> >

> > Dear Anand,Namaskar:

> >

> > Yes I do.

> >

standards,scholarship

Mahavidyas

> >

lineages

> >

> customs-these

the

> >

> >

> > Sincerely yours,

> >

> > with deep respect

> >

> > Arpadh Joo

> >

> > sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40grou:

<sohamsa%40> ps.com> .com,

> > >

> > > Dear arpad joo,

> > >

> and

> > >

> > > Thanks. Rgds

> > > Anand

> > > --

> > > Arpad Joo

> > > Sender: sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40grou:

<sohamsa%40> ps.com>

.com

> > > sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40grou:

> > > Replysohamsa@: <

sohamsa%40grou: <sohamsa%40> ps.com>

> .com

> > >

> > > Hare Rama Krishna,

> > >

> > > Dear Sharat,

> > >

> > > Namaskar.

> > >

> > >

with

> a

be

> of

> > >

> > >

> will

nyasas,mudras

> > >

Vidya

> > >

> by

> TIME

> > >

he

> > >

> commitments

> down

energies

We

elevating

commitments

during

have

> > >

student:

> > >

> > >

> > > Sincerely yours,

> > >

> > > with deep respect,

> > >

> > > Arpadh Joo

> > > sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40grou:

<sohamsa%40> ps.com >

.com,

> > > >

> > > > Dear Visti,

> > > > Namaskar,

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Regards

> > > >

> > > > Sharat

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > -

> > > > Visti Larsen

> > > > sohamsa@: <

sohamsa%40grou: <sohamsa%40> ps.com> .com

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > हरे राम

कृषà¥Âण॥

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yours sincerely,

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > Visti Larsen

> > > > For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda:

<http://srigaruda> .: <http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.:> :> :

<http://srigaruda: <http://srigaruda> .: <http://srigaruda.:

<http://srigaruda.:> : > :> :

> <http://srigaruda: <http://srigaruda> .: <http://srigaruda.:

<http://srigaruda.:> :> : <http://srigaruda: <http://srigaruda> .: <

http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.com> com> com> com> com

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sharat wrote:

> > > > 

> > > >

> > > > Hare Ram Krishna

> > > > Dear Visti,

> > > >

one

> the

on

> > the native.

> > > >

> > horoscope?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sharat

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > -

> > > > Visti Larsen

> > > > sohamsa@: <sohamsa%40grou:

<sohamsa%40> ps.com > .com

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > हरे राम

कृषà¥Âण॥

> > > >

> Sharada

> > Tilakam.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yours sincerely,

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > Visti Larsen

> > > > For consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda:

<http://srigaruda> .: <http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.:> :> :

<

http://srigaruda: <http://srigaruda> .: <http://srigaruda.: <http://srigaruda.:>

:> :> :

> <http://srigaruda: <http://srigaruda> .: <http://srigaruda.:

<http://srigaruda.:> :> : <

http://srigaruda: <http://srigaruda> .: <http://srigaruda.:

<http://srigaruda.com> com> com> com> com

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sharat wrote:

> > > > 

> > > >

> > > > Hare Ram Krishna

> > > >

> > > > Dear Visti,

> > > >

> > > > Thanks as always

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

|JAI SRIRAM| Dear Visti, In the Das MahaVidya article for chart3,Matangi worship is recommended,though Jupiter(primary curse) and Moon curse exists.Remedy is always for primary curse,but here why is the remedy for Sun is recommended.Please explain. Thanks, S.VenkateshVisti Larsen <visti wrote: हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥ Dear Karu and Sharat, NamaskarI'm all for people to study Mahavidya, after all everyone deserves to know their mother.But, there is a lot of A-vidya floating around the internet about Mahavidya. The most precise definition of Mahavidya lies in the word itself. It is the highest knowledge, namely that Viveka or discrimination that helps you see the difference between (i) Para vidya, (ii) Apara vidya and (iii) A-vidya. So one who has discrimination between these has the blessings of the mahavidya. The blessings that follow such as spiritual/formal education, material and spiritual blessings, etc. are all just various facets of the mahavidyas manifesting in the our lives.A good reference is Pt. Sanjay Rath's Dasamahavidya lecture and paper from Delhi 2006. Now, you can

always search through the various puranas and tantras for some prasiddha mantras for Mahavidya, however, a very prime factor required for a person to worship Mahavidya is that the native is vegetarian. So whether or not it is required for a person to practice, they need to be vegetarian first. Mahavidya raises you out of A-vidya, hence, the first estimation is whether a planet is debilitated (avidya) in Rasi or Navamsa. If so it may require the person to worship a Mahavidya. If you cannot find a mantra for that mahavidya, it is advised to give Nama-japa to the person. I.e. Tripura is called Parasundari, so we advise the japa of 'Om' followed by the name 'parasundaryai' and 'namah'. This is the most basic japa which we can do.Hope this helps. Yours sincerely, -- Visti Larsenemail: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) comFor consultations and articles visit:

http://srigaruda.com Karu wrote:  Hare Rama Krshna  Dear Visti, Sorry to jump in. Kala -time, Buvana-Space, Sundari -Beauty etc. are illusionery concepts which eclipse our mind. Maha Vidya give knowledge about these true boons, and make one liberate from such concepts. I am sure you know this.  Best Wishes Karu    हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥ Dear Sharat, NamaskarWho said that? What is the reference? Yours sincerely, -- Visti Larsenemail: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) comFor consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com  Sharat wrote:  Hare Ram Krishna Dear Visti,  It is said that the worship of a specific Mahavidya, liberates one spiriually in the direction one is worshipping. This is to overcome the

established social norms/boundaries which that direction is placing on the native.  Can you please explain how this is used in Jyotish and in a horoscope?  Thanks as always for your guidance.  Sharat    - Visti Larsen sohamsa Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:36 PM Re: Das mahavidyas हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥ Dear Sharat, NamaskarThe list is correct. One good reference for these mantras is Sharada Tilakam. Yours

sincerely, -- Visti Larsenemail: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) comFor consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com  Sharat wrote:  Hare Ram Krishna  Dear Visti, Thanks for your guidance. Kindly confirm the List I have for das mahavidyas. Where can I find mantras for the same?  Thanks as always.  Sharat  Kali for Saturn, Tara for Jupiter, Maha Tripura Sundari (or Shodasi-Sri Vidya) for Mercury, Bhuvaneshvari for Moon, Chinnamasta for Rahu, Bhairavi for Lagna, Dhumavati for Ketu, Bagalamukhi for Mars, Matangi for Sun, and Kamala for Venus   - Visti Larsen sohamsa Saturday, January 20, 2007 12:23 PM Re: Re: [sun Signs] Vaisakh - Aries (April 15 - May 14) हरे राम कृषà¥à¤£à¥¥ Dear Sharat, NamaskarDo see my previous mail to Sundeep also. Opposites attract is really the theme for the seventh house, and so also

what you are seeking in relationships also indicates how you will behave. However, the persons OWN nature will not be this. Either of the nodes in the seventh house has been designated as a sign of adultery according to Vyankatesh Sharma (Sarvartha Chintamani) and my experience is that especially with Ketu in the seventh house that the motivation arises if no (biological) children come in marriage. This is because Ketu's premise for allowing marriage is that the family must grow, hence Ketu can cause marriage for this reason. Rahu's or Ravana's motivation for marriage is very different. I'm sure you can get the hint. The method to overcome the weaknesses caused by the malefics joining/lording/aspecting the seventh house is by worshiping the Mahavidya of the same. Yours sincerely, -- Visti Larsenemail: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) comFor consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com  Sharat wrote: Untitled Document||Hare Ram Krishna||Dear Visti,Namaskar,Do you not mean that the 7H planet shows the attitude towards spouse/relationships? And that this attitude will be the opposite of the natural characeristic of the planet?Sanjay ji has explained that 7H planet shows one attitude towards the spouse.I also wanted to know how one can be helped in changing this attitude, if it is an adverse one. Like Moon in 7H, may make one very insensitive/unemotional/not caring and Ju, may make one think the spouse is an idiot. Also how is Ketu considered in 7H, as many seem to unable

to assign it as malefic or benefic, being headless!Your comments will be much appreciated.Thanks as always for your guidance.Sharat>>Dear Sir, NamaskarPlanets in the seventh house show the exact opposite nature of whom we are. I.e. Mars in the seventh house makes a person very caring and nice... far from being argumentative and forceful like Mars. Similarly apply this to all planets in the seventh house.Yours sincerely,-- Visti Larsenemail: visti (AT) srigaruda (DOT) comFor consultations and articles visit: http://srigaruda.com

Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.