IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Astrology & Puberty -is good discussion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,

We do not know how the subject commenced - but all friends are giving their information.

thanks to all

rao chitturu--- On Sat, 1/11/08, Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha wrote:

Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparanthaRe: Astrology & Puberty -is an omen-a biological phenomena Date: Saturday, 1 November, 2008, 10:16 PM

Good eveningDear Rao Chitturu Ji,Thank U.As a habitual researcher of the social, cultural and traditional habits like the prediction of the time,date,Thithi etc on the Rajaswala, I am too in the same opinion as U. However as a student and researcher, It is my duty ask from the seniors and therefore I placed it with You all.I think now we have reached to the point of view, as we can see the inside of it with a brilliant lights of matured ideas of learned like U.The contents of Yr mail is worthiest for my education purposes.Good LuckSunaparantha

rao chitturu <csr162002 >@gro ups.comSaturday, November 1, 2008 6:43:29 AMRe: Astrology & Puberty -is an omen-a biological phenomena

Dear All

The subject on Rajaswala has not not become popular in some parts and is losing its importance in other parts over a period of time.

Rajaswala is a part of the biological process of a girl's body development.

The timings of rajswala depends on the growth of physical body- This must be available in the natal chart readings. No timing can be fixed like a marriage muhurtha / garbhadhna muhurtha etc., - so this cannot be a part of muhurtha division of Knowledge - but it found in the books on muhurtha - for some reason or other- BUT a lot of subject is developed on this basing on the time of first menses (rajaswala) - SO THIS IS ALMOST LIKE DECODING AN OMEN (SAKUNA) - Learned pundits have dealt with this in many ways in olden days- So it has its own importance- We do not deny-

In olden days ladies were asked to maintain solitude (sitting separately - not participating i daily routine activities to save from the biological syndrome during those days of menses-

Now a days with the advent of medical science and activie participation of women in all walks of like - the days of menses are not known to others - So now most of women are not maintaining loneliness in the duration of menses - Still they follow rules in auspicious accassions.

So the process has gained so much of importance - with the importance of first time menses in olden days.- Moreover marriages were performed in childhood in those days and the girl was not biologicaly ready for marital life- So sending the girl for marital life was a benchmark time - So one must know the event of first menses - Consequently lot of subject has developed.

My openion and i wish to say is ----- time of puberty is a part of life and any natal chart is adequate to judge/predict the life events- So no separate study for the time of puberty is necessary -

So no need of timing of puberty - correction of such timming etc., - Exact timmings cannot be known - for many reasons - first time it may be a drop of blood - the girl may not notice - OR may ignore and may not inform mother / elders - Age of rajaswala may differ as per regional weather conditions / food habits etc., and consequent biological development-

Another point is -medically-even male have a particular growth time for formation of semen (like puberty) and time to commence marital life - but no phenomena of menses - so it has not gained importance -

We have to read the available information from old books - but no much importance can be given for the time of first menses- where natal charts are available-

This all my understanding and openion - Friends are requested to examine.

i am afraid our friends may start correcting the time of puberty like birth time correction - as we do in normal practice.

rao chitturu.

--- On Fri, 31/10/08, Punit Pandey <punitp (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Punit Pandey <punitp (AT) gmail (DOT) com>Re: Astrology & Puber@gro ups.comFriday, 31 October, 2008, 11:24 PM

The word for the girl used in these text is 'Rajaswala' (रजसà¥â€à¤µà¤²à¤¾ in Devnagari).

Thanks & Regards,Punit Pandey

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha@ > wrote:

Dear Punit Pandey JiYou are very correct. It is called "Rajo Dharshan". After Rajo Dharshan, She is"Madhyama"I did'nt use all these words in Sanskrit, as most of the forum members are happy with English.After reading Yr mail, I can make up my mind, the text book , which was mostly used and most popular in my country is "Muhurtha Chintahmani" . But originals are not available.Though we don't have text books, we know the theories to follow and predict. From that we can have some manure to our knowledge.As U said it is not religious, but cultural.Thanks & many regards for your guidance. Sunaparantha

Punit Pandey <punitp (AT) gmail (DOT) . . com>@gro ups.comFriday, October 31, 2008 9:23:28 PMRe: Astrology & Pubert

Dear Sunaparantha ji,

The topic you are talking about has been dealt under the name "rajodarshan" in vedic astrology. 'Raja' in sanskrit means blood and 'darshan' means 'to watch'. This topic comes under the Muhurta branch of astrology and we find some references here and there in some natal astrology books as well.

As mentioned above, 'rajodarshan' has been dealt in Muhurta branch of astrology. There are various astrology texts like Muhurta Chintamani, Muhurta Ganapati, and Muhurta Martand etc which talk about it. 'Martand Ballabha', a commentary of 'Muhurta Martand' is a detailed commentory on this topic. Unfortunately the 'Martand Ballabha' commentary that I have is in Sankrit and I am not very good in reading Sankrit. In general all these texts mention the same thing that you posted from your local panchang.

As far as my understanding goes, it has not been followed as religiously in India as you are mentioning in Sri Lanka. I don't know what is the reason. I guess it has been followed in some part of South India only. I am sure that a detailed study on this topic will equip KP astrologer with some additional information. As with the garbhadhan time, this can also be a useful time in astrological predictions.

Thanks & Regards,Punit PandeyWeb: http://www.PunitPan dey.com | IM: pandeypunit@ | Phone: +1-312-436-2075 (US)Phone: +91-97600 26368 (India) | Twitter: http://twitter. com/pandeypunit | FriendFeed: http://friendfeed. com/pandeypunit

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha@ > wrote:

Dear Dr. Luther Rath,Thank U.Though it is not available in any leaf of a book, at our touchable area, certainly it should be there, any where in India. Because Vedic Astrology has been born in India..Our forefathers in Sri Lanka were only the followers of Astrology, which came from India and they were not the founders. But they were skilled Pundits in Sanskrit and had used and understood all the Vedic Astrology System through hand written Palm leaves. Still some are having such books, but are hidden treasures only, as they dont give away the Sastra out of the Parampara..I think Guruji Shri KSK too had not seen such issues.However it is a surprise, why Bharath nation is not practising it at present..Good LuckSunaparantha

Luther Rath <rathluther >

@gro ups.comFriday, October 31, 2008 6:33:59 AM Re: Astrology & Puberty

Dear Sunaparanthaji,

Now I have clearly understood the issue. But I am sorry to say I do not have a bit of idea about it. In KP I have no where found any mention on the topic.I was referring to Hindu Predictive Astrology by B V Raman. Under the topic of " First Menses and it Influence" he has given some predictions in nut shell covering only 2 pages. For full information he has advised to read the book "Female Horoscopy" by Prof. B. Suryanarain Rao. I do not have any more information. You may find that book and go through it.

With regards.

Dr. Luther Rath

Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha@ >@gro ups.com

Cc: rathluther Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:07:39 PMRe: Astrology & Puberty

Dear Dr. Luther Rath,

Thank U very much for your response to me.

These are the specifications

(1) Yes, "Puberty" is the first menstrual period of a girl.

The word I have quoted is misspelled, It should be read as "Madhyma", means a girl, who attended her first menstrual, as far as my memory.

(2) "the place of attended"- U can have some idea by going through the followings.

(3) The urge of study this is because 99% of Sri Lankan are use to follow a prediction of a first menstrual time and place. They treat this as the second birth of a girl and believe the good or evil results forecasted by the Astrologer. Further detail given here are disclosed by the editors of a Local Panchanga Ephemeris and Almanac, and it comes by Parampara. But I have never come across anything on the subject in any Astrological Text. In Shri KSK's books, there is not a single letter on this. That's why" I urged to see whether there is any ancient text on that and see the positive results of it.

According to an old local Panchang publication, a summary of article is as follow.

When the Moon transit to either 1,2,4,5,7,8 or 12 of the girl's horoscope and aspected by Mars, OR if Moon occupied in one of the above Rashis, which is either Gemini, Virgo, Libra, first half of Sagittarius, or Aquarius and aspected by Mars and if the girl is in the suitable age limit to be an adult, then the first menstruation will take place.

Predictions

(1) As per the person, who visited to the Astrologer,

If that person came from the East and asked, the girl was with a wear and tear cloth and number of blood drops are three.

If from South East, the girl was with a blue clothings and number blood drops are three.

and so on for the each sides.

(2) As per the clothe of the girl at the first menstruation

If she was in white clothe no children

If in red ill health

If in blue poor and widower... and so on

(3) As per Number of blood drops

If odd numbers of blood drops, male children. For even numbers female children and so on

(4) Judging the place, where the first menstruation took place.

If the first menstruation was occurred when the Moon is in the Nakshastra of Kartikai, Punarvasu, Poorvaaplguni, swathi, Moolam, Jyestha or Revathie, then place of first menstruation was out of her residence...

If in Rohini, Pushyam, Uttrapalguni, Vishaka, Pooradam or Satabhisa, then it has happened in her own residence.

And so on.

(5) Results as per the place

If it is out of her own house, bad character. If it is a close place to water like lake or river she will have a long life. If it is in a church or temple, a miserable life. And so on.

(6) Date wise

Sunday - cruel. Monday- Good Character. Tuesday- Illness. Wednesday- Meritsful. Thursday- whealthy. Friday- Healthy. Saturday- Poverty

And there are some other types of prediction such as : Nakshastra Pala, Thithi Pala, Lagna Pala,etc.

As soon as the parents come to know that the daughter has bee attended, their first duty is to go to an Astrologer with her horoscope. Then he go through all above matters and gives prediction with an auspicious day and time for the first Bath of the girl. She will be bathed by woman belongs to a Rajaka (Dhobi) family, in absence of any male. After that she will be blessed by her parents first and then other family members and relations. Nowadays most of people used to celebrate this occasion as well as a marriage festival. As a student of KP, I usually wish to peep in to the matters pertaining to traditional habits of Astrology like this and to see whether there is any good results to follow up. That is the main reason for my mail. Thank U and best wishes Sunaparantha

Luther Rath <rathluther >@gro ups.comThursday, October 30, 2008 7:15:59 AMRe: Astrology & Puberty

Dear Sunaparanthaji,

I am sorry, I am not able to open your attached document on 'Puberty'.

Dr. Luther Rath

Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha@ >@gro ups.comWednesday, October 29, 2008 9:15:47 PMRe: Astrology & Puberty

Namaskar,Dear Dr. Luther Rath,Please go through the attachment for further clarification.Good LuckSuanaparantha

Luther Rath <rathluther >@gro ups..comTuesday, October 28, 2008 7:50:28 AMRe: Astrology & Puberty

Dear Kalyanji,

I am not very clear about the issue you have raised.

Do you mean the occurrence of first menstrual period by the word "Puberty"? In India in our state also people celebrate the occasion. But I have not heard the word "Madhyam". It could be due to the language difference.

You have put a query about "the place of attended" I am not able to understand it.

Next is why is the urge to study this?

Will you please be clear about the issue and make your question more specific?

Thanking you...

With regards..

Dr. Luther Rath.

Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha@ >@gro ups.comMonday, October 27, 2008 7:19:37 PMFw: Astrology & Puberty

Once again I forward my message below, as no member had gone through yet.Sunaparantha

----- Forwarded Message ----Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha@ >@gro ups.comFriday, October 17, 2008 9:38:26 PM Astrology & Puberty

Dear Respected Members,I wish to add a new topic to discuss, by suggesting it as " Astrology & Puberty".So far I have not come across this in our KP System.In some Asian Countries like Sri Lanka, the so called "Attending" of a girl, is celebrate as well as a marriage festival by observing so many traditional activities.The Place of Attended, Exact time of Attended etc, are to be sought through an Astrologer and prediction of future as the results of the place and time are to be checked. In traditional Astrology, it does'nt show any accuracy or correctness of prediction according to my experience.Hence, I wish to draw the KP group attention in this regards, for the educational purposes.(In Sanskrit is it "MADHYAM"? Pl. explain.)Good LuckSunaparantha____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __Tired of spam?

Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.

Connect with friends all over the world.. Get India Messenger.

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.