IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

simple technique for calculating lagna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

M.G.RajendranCan any one give the simplest technique to fix lagna (with reasonable accuracy) at any time and at any place without referring to any panchangam or ephemeris

with regardsAr. M.G.Rajendran

Guest guest

Dear Rajendran ji, Calculate - 1) BT - Sunrise [in case of Natal chart] 2) Prashna Time - Sunrise [in case of Prashna chart] Divide this number by 2 (since for 2 hours approx, lagna stays in a sign). The result should give you the Lagna with approximate accuracy. If you don't like the above way, then take the logical way. For example let us assume that on 20 April (any year) a child took birth in after noon 3 PM. Some one asks, what could be the lagna? (with reasonable accuracy). I would deduce the answer as follows - 1) Let us assume that the Sunrise was at 6.30 AM. Then till BT the time elapsed was = 12+3 - 6:30 = 15-6.30 = 8:30 hours. 1) From April 14th to May 15th Sun would be in Aries sign. (Similarly from the middle of every month, to the middle of next month sun will be in other signs). Since the birth took place on April 20th, definitely Sun was around 6 degrees in Aries (20 - 14 = 6). For 2 hours approx Lagna will remain in a sign; Since only 24 degrees remaining in Aries (for lagna to travel, after deducting the 6 degrees where sun is placed at sunrise), Lagna will take, 24 x 4 = 104 min to travel the remaining Aries sign. (lagna covers 1 degree in 4 min approx). i.e. Lagna will take 1 hour 44 min to travel the remaining portion of Aries sign. 2) Thus till 6:30 + 1:44 = 8:14 AM it is Aries lagna. Till 10:14 AM it is Taurus; till 12:14 it is Gemini; till 14:14 (2:14 PM) it is Cancer; till 16:14 (4:14 PM) it is Leo Lagna. Thus it is evident that the child took birth in Leo Lagna, since the birth was at 15:30 (3:30 PM). 3) Now I need to find approximate lagna sputa at the time of birth. 15:30 - 14:14 = 1:16 hours = 76 min. Since 2 hours = 120 min, the lagna sputa at the time of birth should be, (76/120 ) x 30 deg = 19 degree (in Leo). Thus approximate lagna longitude is 3-19-0 (i.e. 19Le00) i.e. 19 degrees approx in Leo Sign.Note: Note that I haven't used any Panchanga etc to arrive at this value (i.e. to find lagna of the native with reasonable accuracy).Hope this helps.Love and regards,Sreenadh , rajendran mg <drrajendranmg wrote:>> M.G.Rajendran > Can any one give the simplest technique to fix lagna (with reasonable> accuracy) at any time and at any place without referring to any panchangam> or ephemeris> > with regards> Ar. M.G.Rajendran>

Guest guest

Simple Methosd is as follows.   Let us say you need to calculate asc at 4 pm on 8-1-2010.1. You need to have rough idea of sunrise time at your place on this date. let us say it is 6-50 am.2. Subtract his 6-50 from from 4pm ie 16 hrsresult is  16.00 minus 6:50 ie 9hrs 10 mins

3. Convert this time into signs, degrees and mins by dividing by 2 and to reminder in mins    by 4  ie 4s, 17deg 30 mins this is say A4. Next the number of days from last Sankrathi to the desired date ie in this case 8-1-2010. Say last sankranthi was on Dec 15th. Then no of days elapsed is 23. Take this as 23 deg. This is say B

5. Add A to B  to get C ie 4s 17deg 30 min plus 23 deg = 5s 10deg 30 mins = C6 Asc = present Rashi of Sun (8s)+ C= 1s 10deg 30 min. Hence approximate Asc at 4 pm on 8-1-2010 is Vrishabha 10 degrees

Regrds,UdupaOn Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM, rajendran mg <drrajendranmg wrote:

M.G.RajendranCan any one give the simplest technique to fix lagna (with reasonable accuracy) at any time and at any place without referring to any panchangam or ephemeris

with regardsAr. M.G.Rajendran

-- Please visit my website http://www.astrocare.in

Guest guest

Dear Rajendran ji, This is better. Udupa ji is speaking about the same method I mentioned, but presented it in a far better way. Love and regards,Sreenadh , Guru <ahudupa wrote:>> Simple Methosd is as follows.> Let us say you need to calculate asc at 4 pm on 8-1-2010.> 1. You need to have rough idea of sunrise time at your place on this date.> let us say it is 6-50 am.> 2. Subtract his 6-50 from from 4pm ie 16 hrsresult is 16.00 minus 6:50 ie> 9hrs 10 mins> 3. Convert this time into signs, degrees and mins by dividing by 2 and to> reminder in mins by 4 ie 4s, 17deg 30 mins this is say A> 4. Next the number of days from last Sankrathi to the desired date ie in> this case 8-1-2010. Say last sankranthi was on Dec 15th. Then no of days> elapsed is 23. Take this as 23 deg. This is say B> 5. Add A to B to get C ie 4s 17deg 30 min plus 23 deg = 5s 10deg 30 mins => C> 6 Asc = present Rashi of Sun (8s)+ C= 1s 10deg 30 min. Hence approximate Asc> at 4 pm on 8-1-2010 is Vrishabha 10 degrees> Regrds,> Udupa> > > > On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM, rajendran mg drrajendranmgwrote:> > >> >> > M.G.Rajendran >> > Can any one give the simplest technique to fix lagna (with reasonable> > accuracy) at any time and at any place without referring to any panchangam> > or ephemeris> >> > with regards> > Ar. M.G.Rajendran> > > >> > > > -- > > Please visit my website http://www.astrocare.in>

Guest guest

Thank you Sreenadh ji.Regards,UdupaOn Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:33 PM, sreesog <sreesog wrote:

Dear Rajendran ji,   This is better. Udupa ji is speaking about the same method I mentioned, but presented it in a far better way. Love and regards,Sreenadh

, Guru <ahudupa wrote:>> Simple Methosd is as follows.

> Let us say you need to calculate asc at 4 pm on 8-1-2010.> 1. You need to have rough idea of sunrise time at your place on this date.> let us say it is 6-50 am.> 2. Subtract his 6-50 from from 4pm ie 16 hrsresult is 16.00 minus 6:50 ie

> 9hrs 10 mins> 3. Convert this time into signs, degrees and mins by dividing by 2 and to> reminder in mins by 4 ie 4s, 17deg 30 mins this is say A> 4. Next the number of days from last Sankrathi to the desired date ie in

> this case 8-1-2010. Say last sankranthi was on Dec 15th. Then no of days> elapsed is 23. Take this as 23 deg. This is say B> 5. Add A to B to get C ie 4s 17deg 30 min plus 23 deg = 5s 10deg 30 mins =

> C> 6 Asc = present Rashi of Sun (8s)+ C= 1s 10deg 30 min. Hence approximate Asc> at 4 pm on 8-1-2010 is Vrishabha 10 degrees> Regrds,> Udupa> > > > On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM, rajendran mg drrajendranmgwrote:

> > >> >> > M.G.Rajendran >> > Can any one give the simplest technique to fix lagna (with reasonable> > accuracy) at any time and at any place without referring to any panchangam

> > or ephemeris> >> > with regards> > Ar. M.G.Rajendran> > > >> > > > -- > > Please visit my website http://www.astrocare.in

>

-- Please visit my website http://www.astrocare.in