Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Nothing belongs to me in me

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nothing belongs to me in me...

-Translated from a discourse given by Sant Shri Asaramji Bapu

Swami Ram Teerth narrates an incident about a man:

A man was going to visit his in-laws for the first time therefore he was carrying sweets, fruits etc. with him. He was riding on a horse along with bag full of various things.

He had completed just a small portion of his journey when he thought: 'The poor horse is so much in trouble! As it is the day is so hot, and on top of it I'm sitting and then there is the weight of all these bags.'

That stupid man came down the horse and thought of carrying all the luggage by himself. He carried his bedding & sweets on his back, some of the things in his hands and put other things on his head. Thus that man tied up all the luggage on his body as if he was putting everything on a donkey and then he sat on the horse and thought: 'So what if I'm suffering at least this horse is comfortable!'

By the time that man reached the house of his in-laws, he was tired like anything. It was evening and the father-in-law was standing in front of the house waiting for the son-in-law. Then he saw his son-in-law and said:

'Welcome! Why are you looking so tired?'

Son-in-law: 'I'll tell that later. Please set up a bed for me immediately.'

The father-in-law set the bed worriedly. The son-in-law came down the horse, dumped all the luggage in a corner and then threw himself on the bed like a dead body.

Everybody was very worried to see the son-in-law in such a state.

Father-in-law: 'How did you become so desperately tired?'

Son-in-law: 'How could this horse carry my weight along with the weight of all the luggage? I felt pity for the horse and therefore I piled everything on myself.'

Father-in-law: " Oh foolish son-in-law! Even after putting everything on yourself didn't you sit on the horse after all? So the complete weight was obviously on the horse. Unnecessarily you carried all the luggage and became tired.'

The man had the illusion that all the weight is on him and not the horse and therefore made his state so miserable. In the same way, in reality when God is carrying the weight of the whole world, man believes that, " I've done. " Doctors believe that they have cured the patients... The innocent doctor does not know that he just cleaned and put medicine on the wound but it was God who healed the wound and gave a new skin to the patient.

Similarly, you think that you are running the house. If you were not earning, then everybody would have died of hunger. God makes arrangement to feed the birds & animals, so will he not take care of members of your family?

Cont'd.......-- With Love,Ganesh Baba