IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Mark,

My condolances to you, and silent admiration for your spirit of love in your Mother.

Best WishesSimon

Guest guest

Dear Parag Ji,

My personal opinion on "spiritual progress": Life automatically brings each of us the experiences and the people we need to make the necessary "spiritual progress". So there is NO chart that "lacks" spiritual progress since that is what Life is all about. We react to the circumstances in our lives with the best of our abilities conditioned by Karma. So whatever we need for spiritual growth comes to us naturally.

Regarding basic books in Astrology there are plenty. My favourite ones are Dr.Charak's introductory books (2 Volumes) followed by Hart De Fouw's Light on Life. After these books you can read Shri KNRao's books for application of these fundamental principles. You should, side by side, use classical references as you Read these and other books.

Ofcourse I am sure every one has their own opinion on this subject.

Regards,

-Manoj

Parag Shah <paragshah72 Sent: Sun, January 3, 2010 7:11:28 AM Hello

Dear Members,

I joined this group recently. I have just started learning astrology with the intention of understanding the spiritual potential of a birth chart. I am hoping that I will eventually learn what a person can do in terms of work, stay, etc, to make the best possible spiritual progress in this life.

However, my knowledge of Jyotish is very elementary. Can someone please suggest a first book from which I can start my study. Thanks & RegardsParag Shah

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Shah,Welcome to the group. I am also a beginner. I have bought books on following subjects, and have read in the same order:1. Basic Introduction2. Astronomy and Astrology3. Basic calculations4. Nakshtras5. Rashis6. Planets - nature, relationship, significants etc..7. Bavas (houses) - signifiers, karakas, etc.8. YogasBasically I am following the books available in the BVB shop, Delhi. Mainly authored by KN Rao, GS Kapoor, Gopesh Kumar Ojha, Vimal Kumar Jain, Nemichandra Shastri etc. You can also find many books on these subjects and writers online on website of Motilal banarsi das (www.mlbd.com). Rest

you can arrange from Delhi BVB shop.It gets utterly confusing sometimes and one feels helpless and frustrated. I specially miss a "Guru". I have heard that once the disciple is ready, guru finds him. So I am waiting for my guru to find me and in the meantime, i am just polishing my capabilities. Wish you all the best and hope you find a guru soon.Sincerely yours,Amit BaidParag Shah <paragshah72 Sent: Sun, 3 January, 2010 7:41:28 PM Hello

Dear Members,I joined this group recently. I have just started learning astrology with the intention of understanding the spiritual potential of a birth chart. I am hoping that I will eventually learn what a person can do in terms of work, stay, etc, to make the best possible spiritual progress in this life.However, my knowledge of Jyotish is very elementary. Can someone please suggest a first book from which I can start my study. Thanks & RegardsParag Shah

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Guest guest

Amit Ji,You are right, we all need a Guru, especially for science like jyotish. Since you go to BVB book shop why don't you take admission in bhawans Astrology course? Infact I wanted to mention it to Mr. Shah to read Shri KN Raos, 'Yogis destiny and wheel of time' and 'Astrology Destiny and wheel of time' excellent books which every Astrologer must read.Regards,SoniaBaid Amit

<amit.baid Sent: Mon, 4 January, 2010 12:18:48 PM Re: Hello

Dear Mr. Shah,Welcome to the group. I am also a beginner. I have bought books on following subjects, and have read in the same order:1. Basic Introduction2. Astronomy and Astrology3. Basic calculations4. Nakshtras5. Rashis6. Planets - nature, relationship, significants etc..7. Bavas (houses) - signifiers, karakas, etc.8. YogasBasically I am following the books available in the BVB shop, Delhi. Mainly authored by KN Rao, GS Kapoor, Gopesh Kumar Ojha, Vimal Kumar Jain, Nemichandra Shastri etc. You can also find many books on these subjects and writers online on website of Motilal banarsi das (www.mlbd.com). Rest

you can arrange from Delhi BVB shop.It gets utterly confusing sometimes and one feels helpless and frustrated. I specially miss a "Guru". I have heard that once the disciple is ready, guru finds him. So I am waiting for my guru to find me and in the meantime, i am just polishing my capabilities. Wish you all the best and hope you find a guru soon.Sincerely yours,Amit BaidParag Shah <paragshah72@ .co. in>ancient_indian_ astrologySun, 3 January, 2010 7:41:28 PM[ancient_indian_ astrology] Hello

Dear Members,I joined this group recently. I have just started learning astrology with the intention of understanding the spiritual potential of a birth chart. I am hoping that I will eventually learn what a person can do in terms of work, stay, etc, to make the best possible spiritual progress in this life.However, my knowledge of Jyotish is very elementary. Can someone please suggest a first book from which I can start my study. Thanks & RegardsParag Shah

Guest guest

Thanks Sonia ji,Unfortunately I have left Delhi and relocated far up north and cant pursue regular/part-time course at BVB. I am looking for some correspondence course, please do let me know if you have any idea. Thanks for recommending the below mentioned books. Will definitely read these.Sincerely yours,Amit BaidSonia Mehdiratta

<sonia_mehdiratta Sent: Mon, 4 January, 2010 9:50:58 PMRe: Re: Hello

Amit Ji,You are right, we all need a Guru, especially for science like jyotish. Since you go to BVB book shop why don't you take admission in bhawans Astrology course? Infact I wanted to mention it to Mr. Shah to read Shri KN Raos, 'Yogis destiny and wheel of time' and 'Astrology Destiny and wheel of time' excellent books which every Astrologer must read.Regards,SoniaBaid Amit

<amit.baid >ancient_indian_ astrologyMon, 4 January, 2010 12:18:48 PM[ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Hello

you can arrange from Delhi BVB shop.It gets utterly confusing sometimes and one feels helpless and frustrated. I specially miss a "Guru". I have heard that once the disciple is ready, guru finds him. So I am waiting for my guru to find me and in the meantime, i am just polishing my capabilities. Wish you all the best and hope you find a guru soon.Sincerely yours,Amit BaidParag Shah <paragshah72@ .co. in>ancient_indian_ astrologySun, 3 January, 2010 7:41:28 PM[ancient_indian_ astrology] Hello

Guest guest

Dear Manoj Ji,I totally agree with you. You have put forward a very important point. Life does give us the circumstances and experiences which help us progress spiritually. However, I feel that with the use of astrology, we can perhaps better understand the reasons for certain events and experiences in our life and the purpose we were born for. It is also entirely possible that the same can be understood with quite contemplation as well. But I feel that astrology may be a very good map and guiding light.Again, I am a novice, and I could be wrong.Can someone please throw some light on this? Do the shastras mention anything on the "use of astrology for spiritual

progress"? RegardsParag ShahManoj Chandran <chandran_manoj Sent: Mon, 4 January, 2010 7:53:32 AMRe: Hello

Dear Parag Ji,

My personal opinion on "spiritual progress": Life automatically brings each of us the experiences and the people we need to make the necessary "spiritual progress". So there is NO chart that "lacks" spiritual progress since that is what Life is all about. We react to the circumstances in our lives with the best of our abilities conditioned by Karma. So whatever we need for spiritual growth comes to us naturally.

Regarding basic books in Astrology there are plenty. My favourite ones are Dr.Charak's introductory books (2 Volumes) followed by Hart De Fouw's Light on Life. After these books you can read Shri KNRao's books for application of these fundamental principles. You should, side by side, use classical references as you Read these and other books.

Ofcourse I am sure every one has their own opinion on this subject.

Regards,

-Manoj

Parag Shah <paragshah72@ .co. in>ancient_indian_ astrologySun, January 3, 2010 7:11:28 AM[ancient_indian_ astrology] Hello

Dear Members,

I joined this group recently. I have just started learning astrology with the intention of understanding the spiritual potential of a birth chart. I am hoping that I will eventually learn what a person can do in terms of work, stay, etc, to make the best possible spiritual progress in this life.

However, my knowledge of Jyotish is very elementary. Can someone please suggest a first book from which I can start my study. Thanks & RegardsParag Shah

Guest guest

Dear Amit Ji,Thank you for the suggestions. I will find out where I can get these books in Pune. I agree with you. It gets totally confusing at times. Thank you for your good wishes and wish you the same. Perhaps sometimes gurus come in human form and sometimes they may speak through books :-) RegardsParag ShahBaid Amit

<amit.baid Sent: Mon, 4 January, 2010 12:18:48 PM Re: Hello

you can arrange from Delhi BVB shop.It gets utterly confusing sometimes and one feels helpless and frustrated. I specially miss a "Guru". I have heard that once the disciple is ready, guru finds him. So I am waiting for my guru to find me and in the meantime, i am just polishing my capabilities. Wish you all the best and hope you find a guru soon.Sincerely yours,Amit Baid

Guest guest

Hello Sonia Ji,Thank you for your suggestion. Now I have a good list of books to buy and start with. Till now my main source of knowledge has been various internet websites and articles on astrology. But I think that has caused a lot of confusion in my understanding. I look forward to start reading these books. RegardsParag ShahSonia Mehdiratta

<sonia_mehdiratta Sent: Mon, 4 January, 2010 9:50:58 PMRe: Re: Hello

<amit.baid >ancient_indian_ astrologyMon, 4 January, 2010 12:18:48 PM[ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Hello

Guest guest

Parag Ji,I wish you luck and good wishes.Regards,Sonia Parag Shah <paragshah72 Sent: Wed, 6 January, 2010 11:44:40 AMRe: Re: Hello

Hello Sonia Ji,Thank you for your suggestion. Now I have a good list of books to buy and start with. Till now my main source of knowledge has been various internet websites and articles on astrology. But I think that has caused a lot of confusion in my understanding. I look forward to start reading these books. RegardsParag ShahSonia Mehdiratta

<sonia_mehdiratta@ >ancient_indian_ astrologyMon, 4 January, 2010 9:50:58 PMRe: [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Hello

Guest guest

Hello Diana,

Welcome to the e-list!  I am sorry to read about your medical

condition. I have heard of your knowledge of the fixed stars and have been

interested in them for some time. In Hinduism, there is a healing God called

Dhanvantari, if you are interested in hoping for a miracle. There is also the

Ashvin Twins.

Blessings,

Stephen Glaser

liberator_9

--- On Sun, 3/21/10, Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars wrote:

Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars

Hello

Sunday, March 21, 2010, 2:33 PM

Introducing myself - first, let me confess - I am a tropical (and Uranian)

astrologer - but there is hope for my soul, because I am deeply into fixed

stars and constellations, and fascinated by the Vedic system and its

history.

I am 76.99 years old (Apr 9, 1933), and if it weren't for my age and

situation (terminal pancreatic cancer - bummer!) I would take lessons in the

Vedic system...one other thing holding me back is that I am in the process

of getting my book on fixed stars and constellations (30 years of research)

ready for the printer, which is totally time-consuming.

The editor of India's Saptarishis Journal asked that I submit to an

interview about my work and life, and an old friend, Edith Hathaway, who is

a Vedic astrologer but very knowledgable about tropical, Uranian, etc,

volunteered to be the interviewer, and while working with her I have become

enormously impressed by her knowledge and technical abilities, so when an

old e-friend, Dr John Andre, suggested I join the group, I decided to take

the leap ( I have also been impressed by Therese Hamilton's messages on

other groups)

I can't " talk Vedic " but what I can do is offer my knowledge of fixed stars

and constellations.

Love, Diana

Guest guest

At 03:33 PM 3/21/2010 -0400, Diana K. Rosenberg wrote:

>Introducing myself - first, let me confess - I am a tropical (and Uranian)

>astrologer - but there is hope for my soul, because I am deeply into fixed

>stars and constellations, and fascinated by the Vedic system and its

>history.

Hi Diana,

It's great to have you here, and somehow, I can't see you leaving us just

yet. Actually this isn't a Vedic (Jyotish) forum. The absent owner is (I

believe) a staunch western sidereal astrologer. I volunteered to take over

as moderator as he wanted to put his energy elsewhere, and I'm still here

several years later. (We do have some tropical lurkers on this forum.)

You're probably had it " up to here " with well meaning advice from others

about treating cancer. The latest (from my daughter) is a raw foods diet.

She saw a late night television program about so-called miracle cures. (I'd

do your solar return, but can't find your birth chart.)

I've become totally intrigued with the binary theory for our sun because it

means the equinoxes are stable (no precession) but the sidereal sky is

moving as our solar system curves through space. This has major

implications for the study of the stars and constellations in relation to

zodiac signs. So what is happening if the tropical zodiac is seen as

shifting when it's not really moving? The stars and constellations are

moving instead (from our perspective). http://www.binaryresearchinstitute.org/

But we keep shifting the starting point of the tropical zodiac. Think about

it: In the binary theory, zero sidereal Aries is actually shifting instead

of the equinox. But zero Aries is still zero Aries against the stars. If

the stars help define tropical signs, doesn't this mean that tropical sign

interpretation has to keep changing?

Please keep us posted on progress with your book. It's going to be three

volumes??

You wrote:

>The editor of India's Saptarishis Journal asked that I submit to an

>interview about my work and life, and an old friend, Edith Hathaway, who is

>a Vedic astrologer but very knowledgable about tropical, Uranian, etc,

>volunteered to be the interviewer...

Please let us know if we can read or listen to this interview. Edith

Hathaway is tops!

Blessings,

Therese

Guest guest

hello ..

My name is AmanDeep. My Date of birth-10-feb-1988.I have completed my

graduation in computers last year but after that there were so many problemss

came so that I could not continue my studies..I want to know that Will I

continue my studies again and also wants to know about my marriage either it is

love marriage or arrange marriage.??

thank you so much..

Regards..

Amandeep.

Guest guest

Respected Aman ji,

We do not discuss individual horoscopes in this group.

Regards,

Varun Trivedi

, " aman " <aman_matharu01 wrote:

>

> hello ..

> My name is AmanDeep. My Date of birth-10-feb-1988.I have completed my

graduation in computers last year but after that there were so many problemss

came so that I could not continue my studies..I want to know that Will I

continue my studies again and also wants to know about my marriage either it is

love marriage or arrange marriage.??

> thank you so much..

> Regards..