IndiaDivine.org

Yuga and Divya-varsha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all,

I read in the early sixties a book, where the author, Late Radhanath Phukan, was explaining from relaiivity point of view, how time goes slow in Deva-loka and slower still in the Brahma-loka etc. I don't have the book with me to give further details so if you do not agree you can forget about it. In that book the author had also given an example that in the Satya-yuga the king Revata had many sons and one very accomplished daughter named Revati. He could not find any suitable groom for her and for that reason he went to Brahma-loka to seek the advice of Lord Brahma. Lord Brahma was busy witnessing a music program at that time and Revata had to wait a while. After the program was over Revata ask Lord Brahma as to who would be the suitable groom for his daughter. Lord Brahma told him to rush to the Earth as during the short time he stayed in the Brahma-loka the Satya-yuga and Treta-yugas were already over on the earth

and the Dwapara-yuga was also about to end. On Lord Brahma's advice he gave Revati in marriage to Balarama.

That is how it is easy to understand the statement that one year of Deva, ie. Devaanaam varsha, equals 360 years of man and that Devaanaam varsha is different from Divyavarsha, ie. the Sidereal Solar year, the latter being applicable to us on the earth..

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

Guest guest

Dear Sunil Ji,

This is part of the Srimad Bhagawatam which is briefly mentioned in the Vishnu Purana also. I will try to get the web link for you.

But as per that, the short time Kakudmi ( King of Kushasthali in Revata ) spent in Brahma Loka, 27 Chatur Yugas ( 27 times 4.32 million earth years ) have elapsed on earth and the 28th one is on progress with the Dwapara Yuga of the 28th about to come to an end with Balrama and Krishna having incarnated on earth. More over, Kakudmis city is no more Kusasthali now but is Dwaraka after 27 Chatur Yugas.

This rhymes well with the Twin Paradox of Einstein where he made this simple example to make the common man comprehend the effects of Time dilation at or near super luminal velocities.

One is to understand that, the Brahma Loka is at a higher orbit, orbiting at a velocity very close to the speed of light ( C ). So as per time dilation formula

T = T0 / Sq.root ( 1-V^2/C^2 ) - the myth is a theoretical possibility.

Regards

Bejoy

--- On Mon, 7/20/09, Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjya wrote:

Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjya Yuga and Divya-varshavedic astrology Cc: , Vedic_research_Institute Date: Monday, July 20, 2009, 6:34 PM

Dear all,

I read in the early sixties a book, where the author, Late Radhanath Phukan, was explaining from relaiivity point of view, how time goes slow in Deva-loka and slower still in the Brahma-loka etc. I don't have the book with me to give further details so if you do not agree you can forget about it. In that book the author had also given an example that in the Satya-yuga the king Revata had many sons and one very accomplished daughter named Revati. He could not find any suitable groom for her and for that reason he went to Brahma-loka to seek the advice of Lord Brahma. Lord Brahma was busy witnessing a music program at that time and Revata had to wait a while. After the program was over Revata ask Lord Brahma as to who would be the suitable groom for his daughter. Lord Brahma told him to rush to the Earth as during the short time he stayed in the Brahma-loka the Satya-yuga and Treta-yugas were already over on the earth

and the Dwapara-yuga was also about to end. On Lord Brahma's advice he gave Revati in marriage to Balarama.

That is how it is easy to understand the statement that one year of Deva, ie. Devaanaam varsha, equals 360 years of man and that Devaanaam varsha is different from Divyavarsha, ie. the Sidereal Solar year, the latter being applicable to us on the earth..

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

Guest guest

Dear Sunil Ji,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakudmi

Link as above. Hope useful.

Regards

Bejoy--- On Wed, 7/22/09, Bejoy <bejoy_cs wrote:

Bejoy <bejoy_csRe: Yuga and Divya-varshavedic astrology , Cc: , Vedic_research_Institute Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 8:42 AM

Dear Sunil Ji,

This is part of the Srimad Bhagawatam which is briefly mentioned in the Vishnu Purana also. I will try to get the web link for you.

But as per that, the short time Kakudmi ( King of Kushasthali in Revata ) spent in Brahma Loka, 27 Chatur Yugas ( 27 times 4.32 million earth years ) have elapsed on earth and the 28th one is on progress with the Dwapara Yuga of the 28th about to come to an end with Balrama and Krishna having incarnated on earth. More over, Kakudmis city is no more Kusasthali now but is Dwaraka after 27 Chatur Yugas.

This rhymes well with the Twin Paradox of Einstein where he made this simple example to make the common man comprehend the effects of Time dilation at or near super luminal velocities.

One is to understand that, the Brahma Loka is at a higher orbit, orbiting at a velocity very close to the speed of light ( C ). So as per time dilation formula

T = T0 / Sq.root ( 1-V^2/C^2 ) - the myth is a theoretical possibility.

Regards

Bejoy

--- On Mon, 7/20/09, Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjya @> wrote:

Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjya @>[ancient_indian_ astrology] Yuga and Divya-varshavedic astrologyCc: ancient_indian_ astrology, Vedic_research_ InstituteMonday, July 20, 2009, 6:34 PM

Dear all,

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya