IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Amavasya Births.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

Deepavali is Naraka Chaturdasi as per scriptures. More than that that particula occation ona patcular day for a particular reason some special exceptional signifiance is attached and not for Amavasya. I donot think that no Muhoortha is prescribed on Deepavali day except Oil bath, Ganga Snana, wearing new clothes, observing it as a happy occation. Amaavasya is very good for doing pooja to Lord Siva; but only after Pitru Poojan. Thlis is whaat I know. I want to learn more if it is otherwise. With regards.

Hari.Venkataraman--- On Tue, 24/3/09, Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:

Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish Re: Amavasya Births. Date: Tuesday, 24 March, 2009, 7:31 PM

There are two sides to every coin. If Amavasya is not auspicious, thenwhy is Diwali celebrated on this day ?regards/Bhaskar.ancient_indian_ astrology, Venkataraman Hari<venkataraman_ hari wrote:>>>>>>>>>>> In general, Amavasya is not auspicious for starting or doing any goodthings. It is a day for Pitru Pooja, for doing Tharpana, Sradha etc.People observe austerity on that day. In Pitru Paksha, Pitru Thitlti orany other Pitru Yogas no auspicious things are suggested.> Amavasya is very good for Siva Pooja, but only after worshipping thePitrus.>> There is also a discussion about Amavasya

born person. I know a personwho has born in Amavasya is a thief, an expert in breaking strong lockswith bare hands. Amavasya is a day when moon becomes powerless and Sunabsorbs the moon completely, Sun is Atmakaraka. Here the Atma means notabsolute Atman but the inner Self Jeeva. Ahankara. Amavasya born personmay be a Self Centred, most Self ascertaining or Self projecting person.The Chitta that is the analytical mind may not be very actilve. Otherthings such as profession, activity etc. are as per the positions ;ofother planets placed in their respecting places.>> Hari.Venkataraman.>>>>>>>>>>>> --- On Tue, 24/3/09, Anita R ash.rsh55@.. . wrote:>>> Anita R ash.rsh55@.. .> [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Amavasya Births.> ancient_indian_ astrology> Tuesday, 24 March, 2009, 9:30 AM>>>>>>>>>>> Hi,> I think my husband was born on amavasya. Both his sun, moon with BUdhaare in makara rashi. But JH gives his tithi as shukla pratipat.> Regs,> Anita>> ->

Guest guest

Dear Bhaskar ji,//There are two sides to every coin. If Amavasya is not auspicious, then why is Diwali celebrated on this day?//Why do we light the sandhya lamp and do aarti when day and night meet? This is not good muhurta for any other activity. It is not even good to take birth at tis time.

Why do we observe sankrantis as special days for pooja? A birth on sankranti is also not good, isn’t it? On these days sun is weak.All amavasyas are observed as religious festivals such as mauni, somvati, mahalaya, etc., when moon is making a new beginning. Diwali is one such amavasya which marks a new beginning for almost every religion. We know the many reasons for this. Lakshmi ji decided to emerge on this day after the great manthan, also adding to another spiritual dimension.

Same is the case with eclipses, certain tithes and panchang yogas when we are supposed to fast and pray. In modern times, some of these occasions are being celebrated as festivals.Our ancestors were indeed very smart! Whenever there is any weakness in Panchang, they have prescribed proper prayers and religious observations to strengthen us spiritually and to propitiate the concerned anga. However, panchang is an important factor in astrology also, hence this weakness gets reflected in the nativity, that is the other side of the coin.

RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear Sirs,

i do not know much about these matters. I just know that Amavasya is

good for certain matters like Devi pooja and attainment of siddhis ,

Pitru shanti and remedial measures, etc. while it is bad for others.

I was born on Purnima so I am more interested in inputs on these.

regards/Bhaskar.

, Venkataraman Hari

<venkataraman_hari wrote:

>

>

> Dear Sir,

> Deepavali is Naraka Chaturdasi as per scriptures. More

than that that particula occation ona patcular day for a particular

reason some special exceptional signifiance is attached and not for

Amavasya. I donot think that no Muhoortha is prescribed on Deepavali day

except Oil bath, Ganga Snana, wearing new clothes, observing it as a

happy occation. Amaavasya is very good for doing pooja to Lord Siva; but

only after Pitru Poojan. Thlis is whaat I know. I want to learn more if

it is otherwise. With regards.

>

>

Hari.Venkataraman

>

> --- On Tue, 24/3/09, Bhaskar bhaskar_jyotish wrote:

>

>

> Bhaskar bhaskar_jyotish

> Re: Amavasya Births.

>

> Tuesday, 24 March, 2009, 7:31 PM

>

There are two sides to every coin. If Amavasya is not auspicious, then

> why is Diwali celebrated on this day ?

>

> regards/Bhaskar.

>

> ancient_indian_ astrology, Venkataraman Hari

> <venkataraman_ hari@ wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > In general, Amavasya is not auspicious for starting or doing any

good

> things. It is a day for Pitru Pooja, for doing Tharpana, Sradha etc.

> People observe austerity on that day. In Pitru Paksha, Pitru Thitlti

or

> any other Pitru Yogas no auspicious things are suggested.

> > Amavasya is very good for Siva Pooja, but only after worshipping the

> Pitrus.

> >

> > There is also a discussion about Amavasya born person. I know a

person

> who has born in Amavasya is a thief, an expert in breaking strong

locks

> with bare hands. Amavasya is a day when moon becomes powerless and Sun

> absorbs the moon completely, Sun is Atmakaraka. Here the Atma means

not

> absolute Atman but the inner Self Jeeva. Ahankara. Amavasya born

person

> may be a Self Centred, most Self ascertaining or Self projecting

person.

> The Chitta that is the analytical mind may not be very actilve. Other

> things such as profession, activity etc. are as per the positions ;of

> other planets placed in their respecting places.

> >

> >

> Hari.Venkataraman.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > --- On Tue, 24/3/09, Anita R ash.rsh55@ . wrote:

> >

> >

> > Anita R ash.rsh55@ .

> > [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Amavasya Births.

> > ancient_indian_ astrology

> > Tuesday, 24 March, 2009, 9:30 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hi,

> > I think my husband was born on amavasya. Both his sun, moon with

BUdha

> are in makara rashi. But JH gives his tithi as shukla pratipat.

> > Regs,

> > Anita

> >

> > -

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Neelam ji,On dot. However I wish to add that: 1. That moon is weak on Amavasya is completely agreed to. Smriti bears testimony for this: "Sun protects us in the day and Moon in the night. When none of them protects, during eclipse or Amavasya night, one has to protect oneself through Mantra japa". That Moon is weak on Amavasya or that some days like Sivaratri/Ganesha Caturthi have a special significance, and bring about easier manifestation of weaknesses/strengths as applicable is agreed to. 2. However that does not make the day "inauspicious". As I said, Amavasya is treated to be auspicious by some and not by

some. How can we make a generalization about its good or bad?

3. Sandhya is not a time of weakness, it is the most auspicious part of the day. It is true that sandhya is not the time for a few select activities, but anything divine is to be done around sandhya. Worship is done on weak as well as auspicious moments, basically worship is ALWAYS done. This is why there is a presiding deity for each tithi, from Amavasya to Paurnami (the nitya devatas Jvalamalini, Bherunda, Neelapataaka... ). This is where the higher or paramarthika view comes in. And from that view point, one should be doing the same noble things no matter what time or day it is. The kind of "special" activity prescribed in point 1 is basically to lead a man to this kind of state where he eventually learns to look beyond the auspicious/inauspicious kind of duals. And here I tend to agree more with what Bhaskar ji said. Both view points have their relevance and context, and they are not contradictary when put in their appropriate contexts.

neelam gupta <neelamgupta07 Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:53:29 PMRe: Re: Amavasya Births.

Dear Bhaskar ji,//There are two sides to every coin. If Amavasya is not auspicious, then why is Diwali celebrated on this day?//Why do we light the sandhya lamp and do aarti when day and night meet? This is not good muhurta for any other activity. It is not even good to take birth at tis time.

Why do we observe sankrantis as special days for pooja? A birth on sankranti is also not good, isn’t it? On these days sun is weak.All amavasyas are observed as religious festivals such as mauni, somvati, mahalaya, etc., when moon is making a new beginning. Diwali is one such amavasya which marks a new beginning for almost every religion. We know the many reasons for this. Lakshmi ji decided to emerge on this day after the great manthan, also adding to another spiritual dimension.

Same is the case with eclipses, certain tithes and panchang yogas when we are supposed to fast and pray. In modern times, some of these occasions are being celebrated as festivals.Our ancestors were indeed very smart! Whenever there is any weakness in Panchang, they have prescribed proper prayers and religious observations to strengthen us spiritually and to propitiate the concerned anga. However, panchang is an important factor in astrology also, hence this weakness gets reflected in the nativity, that is the other side of the coin.

RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Dear All,Here i am producing some compilation regarding to the topic.I} Planet + planet combination [i have compiled from R G Rao nadi book]Sun + Moon : Native mind will be inclined towards self realisation. He will have knowledge of politics.Disease is Migrane (aspected by Sani\rahu)Sun + moon + mars : Native may be interested in Technical subjects or agro technical fields.Father's brother will stay at distance place.Sun + Moon + Mercury : native will be learned and may have foreign skills.Native is intelligent but not stable in his thinking.Sun + moon + jupiter : Helps parents - Son gets influencial help and earns fame in migrated place.Sun + moon + venus : Native will have good oppurtunity of beautiful house and plenty of water.Sun + Moon + saturn : May live apart from children.Sun + Moon + Rahu : Native's family dangers to male progeny.Sun + moon + ketu : Native gains through standing green crops in abundant land.One of his progeny follows either madical practice or preaches metaphysics.Moon + Sun + mars : Native will have mental unrest due to constant struggle to get name and fame.Moon + sun + mercury : Native will have change the subject of education or place of education.Moon + sun + jupiter : Native may have change of place of residence connected with authorities.Moon + sun + venus : Native will have financial and landed benefits from authorities after change of place.Moon + sun + saturn : The family had peace and prosperity only after native fixed in profession.Moon + sun + rahu : Native may have some foreign travel influence either from government or father.Moon + sun + ketu : Native may get blames and hurdles from authorities and may cause problems to father.From Sarawali :SUN - MOON YOGA. One, who has the Sun and Moon together will be at the disposal of hiswife (or females), immodest, be a metallurgist (can be interpreted also, as able to deceive), will be quite wealthy and be an expert in sale of intoxicants.Conjunctions of 3 Planets1.SUN-MOON-MARS YOGA.Should the Sun, the Moon and Mars be together at birth, the native will be bereft of shame, be sinful, will have knowledge of machinery, will destroy enemies, be brave and will be expert in any kind of work.2. SUN-MOON-MERCURY YOGA.If the Sun, Moon and Mercury are together, the native will be splendourous, very intelligent, will be fond of arts, assembly and drinks, be in royal service and bold.3. SUN-MOON-JUPITER YOGA.Should the Sun, Moon and Jupiter be in one House; the native will be given to anger, be cunning, expert in service, intent on going to foreign places, be intelligent and fickle minded.4. SUN-MOON-VENUS YOGA.Should the Sun, Moon and Venus be in one House at birth, the native will steal others money, will be a debaucher and be expert in Shastras.5. SUN-MOON-SATURN YOGA.If the Sun, Moon and Saturn be together in one House, the native will be lustful, be expert in arguments, be a dunce, be at the disposal of others and be poor.II} Planet + House combination [i have compiled from LK]As per LK, Sun governs age and moon governs wealth.Sun + moon In house No. 1 : A high revenue official. May have sudden death.Sun + moon In house No. 2 : Exalted effect of both. Respect and promotion in Govt. Woman may cause conflict and cause losses\defeat.Sun + moon In house No. 3 : Lucky for himself but selfish. Sudden conflicts with women resulting in losses\defeat.Sun + moon In house No. 4 : A wealthy king. All wordly conforts including vechicle (if H.NO. 10 is blank). If saturn in H.No. 10, death in day time because of water.Sun + moon In house No. 5 : Life long comforts. Lucky from the day of conception.Sun + moon In house No. 6 : If there is no companion evil planet, each gives its own effect. If H.No.2 is blank, discomfort to parents. If rahu\ketu in H.NO.2, life may not be long.Sun + moon In house No. 7 & 8 : both planet will show their individual effect.Sun + moon In house No. 9 : Support from mother will be of high order, good results are seen, Religious voyage at the age 20.Sun + moon In house No. 10 : Individual effect of each planet.Sun + moon In house No. 11 : Age is shorten to 9 years, but if native does not eat meat will have long life.Sun + moon In house No. 12 : Again result will be of individual planet but sun will be more prominent.Lk says that moon is active in H.No. 1 to 6th house and dormant(sleeping) in 7 to 12th house.Still in all cases sun will be in more strength and more benefit to males.If venus, or (rahu, ketu or saturn) is in H.No.4 or 5 than there will be opposition from female sex,Discomfort and adversity in day and night even native is rich. [here 4th is moon house and 5th is sun's house so presence of enemy planet has ruin this yoga completetly]Sarawali :SUN-MOON CONJUNCTION IN ANGLES.1) If the Sun and Moon occupy the Ascendant, the native will suffer grief regarding parents, will be devoid of honour, sons and wealth, be insulted and miserable.2) If the Sun and Moon join in the 4th Bhava, the native will be deprived of relatives, happiness and sons, will suffer penury and will be a great dunce.3) If the Sun and Moon join in the 7th Bhava, he will be devoid of friends and sons and be insulted by females.4) If the Sun and Moon join in the 10th Bhava, he will possess a beautiful physique, be an Army chief, be endowed with the quality of Rajas, or passion, be unkind, crooked and will destroy his enemies.5) If the 9th House is occupied by Jupiter and aspected by both the Sun and the Moon, he will be blessed with plentifulness (of all things), be devoted to his parents, be famous, be equal to a king and will have plurality of wives.6) If the Sun and the Moon are together in the 9th, the native will have a short life, willbe afflicted by eye diseases, be rich fortunate and fond of quarrels.7) Should the Moon be in the 7th along with the Sun, or the Moon being in the 5th in aspect to, or in the company of the Sun, one will obtain issue through an unmarried girl.III} Lagna Based combinations:Bhavarth Ratnakar:Aries:1. A Sun-Moon combination confers rajayoga.2.When Sun is in lagna and Moon in Cancer, the native enjoys a rajayoga.3.Sun will become a yogakaraka when aspected by Jupiter; the same can't be saidfor Venus when she is aspected by Jupiter.Taurus:1.)Moon is capable of producing a yoga when posited in Leo and aspected byeither Jupiter or Mercury.2.)Moon in lagna isn't very auspicious, and will afflict other dhana yogas presentin the chart.Gemini:Despite being the lord of 2nd, Moon isn't a maraka.Cancer:When Moon is in lagna, rajayogas are produced when either Mars is in Capricorn, Saturn is in Libra, or Sun is in Aries.Virgo:A Sun-Moon-Venus association will bring in lots of wealth during the Sun dasa.Capricon:When Sun, Moon and Mercury are in lagna, with Mars and Venus in Sagittarius, the native will be replete with wealth.For other Lagna there is no reference in 'BR' related to this topic.IV} Tithi :From Mansagri:Chaturdarshi (14th) : Wealthy, Religious, Veer, Popular and has honour in king's court.Amavasya : Jeolous, secretly disposed, wise & Kutil.Pratipada :Having Bad company, poverty, black spot to the family lineage.V} Remedies for Amavasya Birth.BPHS1-9. The Sage Parasara said. O Maitreya! The person, born on Amavasya, is always poverty stricken. It is therefore essential to adopt remedial measures to obtain relief from the evil effects of such births, which are, as follows. Take a Kalash (water vessel) and then put in it fresh leaves of Goolar (wild fig), Vata (banyan), Pipal, mango and Neema (mango) trees and cover it with two pieces of cloth. Then install the Kalash in the South-West direction after reciting … etc. and … etc. Mantras. Then worship the idols of Sürya and Candr, ruling deities of Amavasya, made of gold and silver, mixed with copper, respectively, by recitation of … etc.Mantras for Sürya and … etc. Mantras for Candr 16, or 5 times. Thereafter perform Havanwith 108, or 28 oblations of the mixture of prescribed fuels (…) and cooked food (Charu) with recitation of Mantras of Sürya and Candr. Later sprinkle the water on the child, that is born and his parents and offer in charity gold, silver and a black cow together with feeding the Brahmins, according to ones means. By performing these remedial rites the child born gains freedom and protection from the evil effects of the birth on Amavasya.Thankyou,Regards,Vijay GoelJaipur , "Bhaskar" <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:>> > Good observation,> > For instance if this combination of the Sun and moon appears in the 2nd> house, then what will happen ? Grave warnings regarding the state of the> 2nd house ?> > regards/Bhaskar.> > > > > , Nandana astro> nandanaastro@ wrote:> >> > Namaskar Sreenadh ji and all others,> >> > I feel that on which rashi the amavasya happened may be more important> > and which house - In Makara rashi the sun will be uccha so may be> > more positive for the native - in libra with no neechabanga for> > sun - the story will be quite different so is the result in scropio> > rashi.> >> > Will like to get any chart with the combinations :)> >> > I am neither amavasya born nor poonima will be happy to observe both> > :). i do think other factors of the chart do have role.> > On both the days there can be eclipse which we wont know unless we> check> > for that year panchanga - which can have a role in the person life ???> >> >> > Thanks for the inputs> >> > Nandana> >> > On 22/03/2009, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Nandana ji,> > > //> Now about Amavasya tithi - i have seen that the chances to get> ill> > > > are higher and if they get sick the changes to get fast cure is> also> > > > less - the healing is slow - worst is the cases of amavasya on> Libra and> > > Scorpio signs.//> > > I have noticed that - even though Amavasya enriches "physical> > > sickness", it is Paurnami that enriches "mental sickness"! Regarding> > > stability of mind and soul, Amavasya seems to give very positive> effect; and> > > regarding stability of mind and soul, Paurnami seems to give very> negative> > > effect!> > > "Panchadasyam cha sarvan kaman samasnute" (Amavasi is very> beneficial,> > > and gives all good results) says Manusmriti. If even Manusmriti> considers> > > Amavasya to give positive effects in many regards, it must have been> > > considered beneficial for long by many astrological traditions.> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> > >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Vijay Goel ji,Thank you for this much useful compilation. Please upload it in the files section also, to keep it as a ready reference.RegardsNeelam

Guest guest

Beautiful composition which can be used as a ready reckoner.

Anita--- On Wed, 25/3/09, Vijay Goel <goyalvj wrote:

Vijay Goel <goyalvj Re: Amavasya Births. Date: Wednesday, 25 March, 2009, 10:01 AM

Dear All,Here i am producing some compilation regarding to the topic.I} Planet + planet combination [i have compiled from R G Rao nadi book]Sun + Moon : Native mind will be inclined towards self realisation. He will have knowledge of politics.Disease is Migrane (aspected by Sani\rahu)Sun + moon + mars : Native may be interested in Technical subjects or agro technical fields.Father's brother will stay at distance place.Sun + Moon + Mercury : native will be learned and may have foreign skills.Native is intelligent but not stable in his thinking.Sun + moon + jupiter : Helps parents - Son gets influencial help and earns fame in migrated place.Sun + moon + venus : Native will have good

oppurtunity of beautiful house and plenty of water.Sun + Moon + saturn : May live apart from children.Sun + Moon + Rahu : Native's family dangers to male progeny.Sun + moon + ketu : Native gains through standing green crops in abundant land.One of his progeny follows either madical practice or preaches metaphysics.Moon + Sun + mars : Native will have mental unrest due to constant struggle to get name and fame.Moon + sun + mercury : Native will have change the subject of education or place of education.Moon + sun + jupiter : Native may have change of place of residence connected with authorities.Moon + sun + venus : Native will have financial and landed benefits from authorities after change of

place.Moon + sun + saturn : The family had peace and prosperity only after native fixed in profession.Moon + sun + rahu : Native may have some foreign travel influence either from government or father.Moon + sun + ketu : Native may get blames and hurdles from authorities and may cause problems to father.From Sarawali :SUN - MOON YOGA. One, who has the Sun and Moon together will be at the disposal of hiswife (or females), immodest, be a metallurgist (can be interpreted also, as able to deceive), will be quite wealthy and be an expert in sale of intoxicants.Conjunctions of 3 Planets1..SUN-MOON-MARS YOGA.Should the Sun, the Moon and Mars be together at birth, the native will be bereft of shame, be sinful, will have knowledge of machinery, will destroy enemies, be brave and will be expert in any kind

of work.2. SUN-MOON-MERCURY YOGA.If the Sun, Moon and Mercury are together, the native will be splendourous, very intelligent, will be fond of arts, assembly and drinks, be in royal service and bold.3. SUN-MOON-JUPITER YOGA.Should the Sun, Moon and Jupiter be in one House; the native will be given to anger, be cunning, expert in service, intent on going to foreign places, be intelligent and fickle minded.4. SUN-MOON-VENUS YOGA.Should the Sun, Moon and Venus be in one House at birth, the native will steal others money, will be a debaucher and be expert in Shastras.5. SUN-MOON-SATURN YOGA.If the Sun, Moon and Saturn be together in one House, the native will be lustful, be expert in arguments, be a dunce, be at the disposal of others and be poor.II} Planet + House combination [i have compiled from LK]As per LK, Sun governs age and moon governs wealth.Sun + moon In house No. 1 : A high revenue official.. May have sudden death.Sun + moon In house No. 2 : Exalted effect of both. Respect and promotion in Govt. Woman may cause conflict and cause losses\defeat.Sun + moon In house No. 3 : Lucky for himself but selfish. Sudden conflicts with women resulting in losses\defeat.Sun + moon In house No. 4 : A wealthy king. All wordly conforts including vechicle (if H.NO. 10 is blank). If saturn in H.No. 10, death in day time because of water.Sun + moon In house No. 5 : Life long comforts. Lucky from the day of conception.Sun + moon In house No. 6 : If there is no companion evil planet, each gives its own effect. If H.No.2 is blank, discomfort to parents. If rahu\ketu in H.NO.2, life may not be long.Sun + moon In house No. 7 & 8 : both planet will show their individual effect.Sun + moon In house No. 9 : Support from mother will be of high order, good results are seen, Religious voyage at the age 20.Sun + moon In house No. 10 : Individual effect of each planet.Sun + moon In house No. 11 : Age is shorten to 9 years, but if native does not eat meat will have long life.Sun + moon In house No. 12 : Again result will be of individual planet but sun will be more prominent.Lk says that moon is active in H.No. 1 to 6th house and dormant(sleeping) in 7 to 12th house.Still in all cases sun will be in more strength and more benefit to males.If venus, or (rahu, ketu or saturn) is in H.No.4 or 5 than there will be opposition from female sex,Discomfort and adversity in day and night

even native is rich. [here 4th is moon house and 5th is sun's house so presence of enemy planet has ruin this yoga completetly]Sarawali :SUN-MOON CONJUNCTION IN ANGLES.1) If the Sun and Moon occupy the Ascendant, the native will suffer grief regarding parents, will be devoid of honour, sons and wealth, be insulted and miserable.2) If the Sun and Moon join in the 4th Bhava, the native will be deprived of relatives, happiness and sons, will suffer penury and will be a great dunce.3) If the Sun and Moon join in the 7th Bhava, he will be devoid of friends and sons and be insulted by females.4) If the Sun and Moon join in the 10th Bhava, he will possess a beautiful physique, be an Army chief, be endowed with the quality of Rajas, or passion, be unkind, crooked and will destroy his enemies.5) If the 9th House is occupied by Jupiter and aspected by both the Sun and the Moon, he will be blessed with plentifulness

(of all things), be devoted to his parents, be famous, be equal to a king and will have plurality of wives.6) If the Sun and the Moon are together in the 9th, the native will have a short life, willbe afflicted by eye diseases, be rich fortunate and fond of quarrels.7) Should the Moon be in the 7th along with the Sun, or the Moon being in the 5th in aspect to, or in the company of the Sun, one will obtain issue through an unmarried girl.III} Lagna Based combinations:Bhavarth Ratnakar:Aries:1. A Sun-Moon combination confers rajayoga..2.When Sun is in lagna and Moon in Cancer, the native enjoys a rajayoga.3.Sun will become a yogakaraka when aspected by Jupiter; the same can't be saidfor Venus when she is aspected by Jupiter.Taurus:1.)Moon is capable of producing a yoga when posited in Leo and aspected byeither Jupiter or Mercury.2.)Moon in lagna isn't very

auspicious, and will afflict other dhana yogas presentin the chart.Gemini:Despite being the lord of 2nd, Moon isn't a maraka.Cancer:When Moon is in lagna, rajayogas are produced when either Mars is in Capricorn, Saturn is in Libra, or Sun is in Aries.Virgo:A Sun-Moon-Venus association will bring in lots of wealth during the Sun dasa..Capricon:When Sun, Moon and Mercury are in lagna, with Mars and Venus in Sagittarius, the native will be replete with wealth.For other Lagna there is no reference in 'BR' related to this topic.IV} Tithi :From Mansagri:Chaturdarshi (14th) : Wealthy, Religious, Veer, Popular and has honour in king's court.Amavasya : Jeolous, secretly disposed, wise & Kutil.Pratipada :Having Bad company, poverty, black spot to the family lineage.V} Remedies for Amavasya Birth.BPHS1-9. The

Sage Parasara said. O Maitreya! The person, born on Amavasya, is always poverty stricken. It is therefore essential to adopt remedial measures to obtain relief from the evil effects of such births, which are, as follows. Take a Kalash (water vessel) and then put in it fresh leaves of Goolar (wild fig), Vata (banyan), Pipal, mango and Neema (mango) trees and cover it with two pieces of cloth. Then install the Kalash in the South-West direction after reciting … etc. and … etc. Mantras. Then worship the idols of Sürya and Candr, ruling deities of Amavasya, made of gold and silver, mixed with copper, respectively, by recitation of … etc.Mantras for Sürya and … etc. Mantras for Candr 16, or 5 times. Thereafter perform Havanwith 108, or 28 oblations of the mixture of prescribed fuels (…) and cooked food (Charu) with recitation of Mantras of Sürya and Candr. Later sprinkle the water on the child, that is born and his parents and offer in

charity gold, silver and a black cow together with feeding the Brahmins, according to ones means. By performing these remedial rites the child born gains freedom and protection from the evil effects of the birth on Amavasya.Thankyou,Regards,Vijay GoelJaipurancient_indian_ astrology, "Bhaskar" <bhaskar_jyotish@ ...> wrote:>> > Good observation,> > For instance if this combination of the Sun and moon appears in the 2nd> house, then what will happen ? Grave warnings regarding the state of the> 2nd house ?> > regards/Bhaskar.> > > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, Nandana astro> nandanaastro@ wrote:> >> > Namaskar Sreenadh ji and all others,> >> > I feel that on which rashi the amavasya happened may be more important>

> and which house - In Makara rashi the sun will be uccha so may be> > more positive for the native - in libra with no neechabanga for> > sun - the story will be quite different so is the result in scropio> > rashi.> >> > Will like to get any chart with the combinations :)> >> > I am neither amavasya born nor poonima will be happy to observe both> > :). i do think other factors of the chart do have role.> > On both the days there can be eclipse which we wont know unless we> check> > for that year panchanga - which can have a role in the person life ???> >> >> > Thanks for the inputs> >> > Nandana> >> > On 22/03/2009, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Nandana ji,> > > //> Now about Amavasya tithi - i have seen that the chances to

get> ill> > > > are higher and if they get sick the changes to get fast cure is> also> > > > less - the healing is slow - worst is the cases of amavasya on> Libra and> > > Scorpio signs.//> > > I have noticed that - even though Amavasya enriches "physical> > > sickness", it is Paurnami that enriches "mental sickness"! Regarding> > > stability of mind and soul, Amavasya seems to give very positive> effect; and> > > regarding stability of mind and soul, Paurnami seems to give very> negative> > > effect!> > > "Panchadasyam cha sarvan kaman samasnute" (Amavasi is very> beneficial,> > > and gives all good results) says Manusmriti. If even Manusmriti> considers> > > Amavasya to give positive effects in many regards, it must have been> > > considered

beneficial for long by many astrological traditions.> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> > >> >>

From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.

Guest guest

Dear Vijay Goel,

Thanks a lot for the combinations on amavasya. It is nice collection.

Love and regards--- On Wed, 3/25/09, Anita R <ash.rsh55 wrote:

Anita R <ash.rsh55Re: Re: Amavasya Births. Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 5:42 PM

Anita--- On Wed, 25/3/09, Vijay Goel <goyalvj wrote:

Vijay Goel <goyalvj Re: Amavasya Births. Date: Wednesday, 25 March, 2009, 10:01 AM

Dear All,Here i am producing some compilation regarding to the topic.I} Planet + planet combination [i have compiled from R G Rao nadi book]Sun + Moon : Native mind will be inclined towards self realisation. He will have knowledge of politics.Disease is Migrane (aspected by Sani\rahu)Sun + moon + mars : Native may be interested in Technical subjects or agro technical fields.Father's brother will stay at distance place.Sun + Moon + Mercury : native will be learned and may have foreign skills.Native is intelligent but not stable in his thinking.Sun + moon + jupiter : Helps parents - Son gets influencial help and earns fame in migrated place.Sun + moon + venus : Native will have good

oppurtunity of beautiful house and plenty of water.Sun + Moon + saturn : May live apart from children.Sun + Moon + Rahu : Native's family dangers to male progeny.Sun + moon + ketu : Native gains through standing green crops in abundant land.One of his progeny follows either madical practice or preaches metaphysics.Moon + Sun + mars : Native will have mental unrest due to constant struggle to get name and fame.Moon + sun + mercury : Native will have change the subject of education or place of education.Moon + sun + jupiter : Native may have change of place of residence connected with authorities.Moon + sun + venus : Native will have financial and landed benefits from authorities after change of

place.Moon + sun + saturn : The family had peace and prosperity only after native fixed in profession.Moon + sun + rahu : Native may have some foreign travel influence either from government or father.Moon + sun + ketu : Native may get blames and hurdles from authorities and may cause problems to father.From Sarawali :SUN - MOON YOGA. One, who has the Sun and Moon together will be at the disposal of hiswife (or females), immodest, be a metallurgist (can be interpreted also, as able to deceive), will be quite wealthy and be an expert in sale of intoxicants.Conjunctions of 3 Planets1..SUN-MOON-MARS YOGA.Should the Sun, the Moon and Mars be together at birth, the native will be bereft of shame, be sinful, will have knowledge of machinery, will destroy enemies, be brave and will be expert in any kind

of work.2. SUN-MOON-MERCURY YOGA.If the Sun, Moon and Mercury are together, the native will be splendourous, very intelligent, will be fond of arts, assembly and drinks, be in royal service and bold.3. SUN-MOON-JUPITER YOGA.Should the Sun, Moon and Jupiter be in one House; the native will be given to anger, be cunning, expert in service, intent on going to foreign places, be intelligent and fickle minded.4. SUN-MOON-VENUS YOGA.Should the Sun, Moon and Venus be in one House at birth, the native will steal others money, will be a debaucher and be expert in Shastras.5. SUN-MOON-SATURN YOGA.If the Sun, Moon and Saturn be together in one House, the native will be lustful, be expert in arguments, be a dunce, be at the disposal of others and be poor.II} Planet + House combination [i have compiled from LK]As per LK, Sun governs age and moon governs wealth.Sun + moon In house No. 1 : A high revenue official.. May have sudden death.Sun + moon In house No. 2 : Exalted effect of both. Respect and promotion in Govt. Woman may cause conflict and cause losses\defeat.Sun + moon In house No. 3 : Lucky for himself but selfish. Sudden conflicts with women resulting in losses\defeat.Sun + moon In house No. 4 : A wealthy king. All wordly conforts including vechicle (if H.NO. 10 is blank). If saturn in H.No. 10, death in day time because of water.Sun + moon In house No. 5 : Life long comforts. Lucky from the day of conception.Sun + moon In house No. 6 : If there is no companion evil planet, each gives its own effect. If H.No.2 is blank, discomfort to parents. If rahu\ketu in H.NO.2, life may not be long.Sun + moon In house No. 7 & 8 : both planet will show their individual effect.Sun + moon In house No. 9 : Support from mother will be of high order, good results are seen, Religious voyage at the age 20.Sun + moon In house No. 10 : Individual effect of each planet.Sun + moon In house No. 11 : Age is shorten to 9 years, but if native does not eat meat will have long life.Sun + moon In house No. 12 : Again result will be of individual planet but sun will be more prominent.Lk says that moon is active in H.No. 1 to 6th house and dormant(sleeping) in 7 to 12th house.Still in all cases sun will be in more strength and more benefit to males.If venus, or (rahu, ketu or saturn) is in H.No.4 or 5 than there will be opposition from female sex,Discomfort and adversity in day and night

even native is rich. [here 4th is moon house and 5th is sun's house so presence of enemy planet has ruin this yoga completetly]Sarawali :SUN-MOON CONJUNCTION IN ANGLES.1) If the Sun and Moon occupy the Ascendant, the native will suffer grief regarding parents, will be devoid of honour, sons and wealth, be insulted and miserable.2) If the Sun and Moon join in the 4th Bhava, the native will be deprived of relatives, happiness and sons, will suffer penury and will be a great dunce.3) If the Sun and Moon join in the 7th Bhava, he will be devoid of friends and sons and be insulted by females.4) If the Sun and Moon join in the 10th Bhava, he will possess a beautiful physique, be an Army chief, be endowed with the quality of Rajas, or passion, be unkind, crooked and will destroy his enemies.5) If the 9th House is occupied by Jupiter and aspected by both the Sun and the Moon, he will be blessed with plentifulness

(of all things), be devoted to his parents, be famous, be equal to a king and will have plurality of wives.6) If the Sun and the Moon are together in the 9th, the native will have a short life, willbe afflicted by eye diseases, be rich fortunate and fond of quarrels.7) Should the Moon be in the 7th along with the Sun, or the Moon being in the 5th in aspect to, or in the company of the Sun, one will obtain issue through an unmarried girl.III} Lagna Based combinations:Bhavarth Ratnakar:Aries:1. A Sun-Moon combination confers rajayoga..2.When Sun is in lagna and Moon in Cancer, the native enjoys a rajayoga.3.Sun will become a yogakaraka when aspected by Jupiter; the same can't be saidfor Venus when she is aspected by Jupiter.Taurus:1.)Moon is capable of producing a yoga when posited in Leo and aspected byeither Jupiter or Mercury.2.)Moon in lagna isn't very

auspicious, and will afflict other dhana yogas presentin the chart.Gemini:Despite being the lord of 2nd, Moon isn't a maraka.Cancer:When Moon is in lagna, rajayogas are produced when either Mars is in Capricorn, Saturn is in Libra, or Sun is in Aries.Virgo:A Sun-Moon-Venus association will bring in lots of wealth during the Sun dasa..Capricon:When Sun, Moon and Mercury are in lagna, with Mars and Venus in Sagittarius, the native will be replete with wealth.For other Lagna there is no reference in 'BR' related to this topic.IV} Tithi :From Mansagri:Chaturdarshi (14th) : Wealthy, Religious, Veer, Popular and has honour in king's court.Amavasya : Jeolous, secretly disposed, wise & Kutil.Pratipada :Having Bad company, poverty, black spot to the family lineage.V} Remedies for Amavasya Birth.BPHS1-9.

The Sage Parasara said. O Maitreya! The person, born on Amavasya, is always poverty stricken. It is therefore essential to adopt remedial measures to obtain relief from the evil effects of such births, which are, as follows. Take a Kalash (water vessel) and then put in it fresh leaves of Goolar (wild fig), Vata (banyan), Pipal, mango and Neema (mango) trees and cover it with two pieces of cloth. Then install the Kalash in the South-West direction after reciting … etc. and … etc. Mantras. Then worship the idols of Sürya and Candr, ruling deities of Amavasya, made of gold and silver, mixed with copper, respectively, by recitation of … etc.Mantras for Sürya and … etc. Mantras for Candr 16, or 5 times. Thereafter perform Havanwith 108, or 28 oblations of the mixture of prescribed fuels (…) and cooked food (Charu) with recitation of Mantras of Sürya and Candr. Later sprinkle the water on the child, that is born and his parents and offer

in charity gold, silver and a black cow together with feeding the Brahmins, according to ones means. By performing these remedial rites the child born gains freedom and protection from the evil effects of the birth on Amavasya.Thankyou,Regards,Vijay GoelJaipurancient_indian_ astrology, "Bhaskar" <bhaskar_jyotish@ ...> wrote:>> > Good observation,> > For instance if this combination of the Sun and moon appears in the 2nd> house, then what will happen ? Grave warnings regarding the state of the> 2nd house ?> > regards/Bhaskar.> > > > > ancient_indian_ astrology, Nandana astro> nandanaastro@ wrote:> >> > Namaskar Sreenadh ji and all others,> >> > I feel that on which rashi the amavasya happened may be more

important> > and which house - In Makara rashi the sun will be uccha so may be> > more positive for the native - in libra with no neechabanga for> > sun - the story will be quite different so is the result in scropio> > rashi.> >> > Will like to get any chart with the combinations :)> >> > I am neither amavasya born nor poonima will be happy to observe both> > :). i do think other factors of the chart do have role.> > On both the days there can be eclipse which we wont know unless we> check> > for that year panchanga - which can have a role in the person life ???> >> >> > Thanks for the inputs> >> > Nandana> >> > On 22/03/2009, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Nandana ji,> > > //> Now about Amavasya tithi - i have seen

that the chances to get> ill> > > > are higher and if they get sick the changes to get fast cure is> also> > > > less - the healing is slow - worst is the cases of amavasya on> Libra and> > > Scorpio signs.//> > > I have noticed that - even though Amavasya enriches "physical> > > sickness", it is Paurnami that enriches "mental sickness"! Regarding> > > stability of mind and soul, Amavasya seems to give very positive> effect; and> > > regarding stability of mind and soul, Paurnami seems to give very> negative> > > effect!> > > "Panchadasyam cha sarvan kaman samasnute" (Amavasi is very> beneficial,> > > and gives all good results) says Manusmriti. If even Manusmriti> considers> > > Amavasya to give positive effects in many regards, it must have been>

> > considered beneficial for long by many astrological traditions.> > > Love and regards,> > > Sreenadh> > >> >>

From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.

Guest guest

dear shri bhaskar,

In south india lakshmi puja is not done on deepavalli day. only oil bath and

wearing of new clothes are done on deepavalli day, whereas in north deepavalli

function is celeberated as Lakshmi puja and it is done after 6pm.

coming to amavasya, still in south it is considered as an auspicious day for

starting any new projects, whereas the next day to amavasya or purnamasya are not considered auspicious.

regards,

k.gopu--- On Tue, 3/24/09, Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish wrote:

Bhaskar <bhaskar_jyotish Re: Amavasya Births. Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 10:53 PM

Dear Sirs,i do not know much about these matters. I just know that Amavasya isgood for certain matters like Devi pooja and attainment of siddhis ,Pitru shanti and remedial measures, etc. while it is bad for others.I was born on Purnima so I am more interested in inputs on these.regards/Bhaskar.ancient_indian_ astrology, Venkataraman Hari<venkataraman_ hari wrote:>>> Dear Sir,> Deepavali is Naraka Chaturdasi as per scriptures. Morethan that that particula occation ona patcular day for a particularreason some special exceptional signifiance is attached and not forAmavasya. I donot think that no Muhoortha is prescribed on Deepavali dayexcept Oil bath, Ganga Snana, wearing new clothes, observing it as ahappy occation. Amaavasya is

very good for doing pooja to Lord Siva; butonly after Pitru Poojan. Thlis is whaat I know. I want to learn more ifit is otherwise. With regards.>>Hari.Venkataraman>> --- On Tue, 24/3/09, Bhaskar bhaskar_jyotish@ ... wrote:>>> Bhaskar bhaskar_jyotish@ ...> [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Amavasya Births.> ancient_indian_ astrology> Tuesday, 24 March, 2009, 7:31 PM>>>>>>>> There are two sides to every coin. If Amavasya is not auspicious, then> why is Diwali celebrated on this day ?>> regards/Bhaskar.>> ancient_indian_ astrology, Venkataraman Hari> <venkataraman_ hari@ wrote:> >> >>

>> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > In general, Amavasya is not auspicious for starting or doing anygood> things. It is a day for Pitru Pooja, for doing Tharpana, Sradha etc.> People observe austerity on that day. In Pitru Paksha, Pitru Thitltior> any other Pitru Yogas no auspicious things are suggested.> > Amavasya is very good for Siva Pooja, but only after worshipping the> Pitrus.> >> > There is also a discussion about Amavasya born person. I know aperson> who has born in Amavasya is a thief, an expert in breaking stronglocks> with bare hands. Amavasya is a day when moon becomes powerless and Sun> absorbs the moon completely, Sun is Atmakaraka. Here the Atma meansnot> absolute Atman but the inner Self Jeeva. Ahankara. Amavasya bornperson> may be a Self Centred,

most Self ascertaining or Self projectingperson.> The Chitta that is the analytical mind may not be very actilve. Other> things such as profession, activity etc. are as per the positions ;of> other planets placed in their respecting places.> >> >> Hari.Venkataraman.> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > --- On Tue, 24/3/09, Anita R ash.rsh55@ . wrote:> >> >> > Anita R ash.rsh55@ .> > [ancient_indian_ astrology] Re: Amavasya Births.> > ancient_indian_ astrology> > Tuesday, 24 March, 2009, 9:30 AM> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Hi,> > I think my husband was born on

amavasya. Both his sun, moon withBUdha> are in makara rashi. But JH gives his tithi as shukla pratipat.> > Regs,> > Anita> >> > -> >>

Guest guest

Respected Seniors,

Thankyou all for the motivation.

Infact the real credit goes to Shri Bhaskarji, who inspired me for this write

up.

The ongoing discussion on this thread has bought out the real essence of this

yoga, very nice inputs by Ms. Neelamji, Srinadhji, Dr. Nandana & others.

Please carry on...

:)

Regards,

Vijay Goel

Jaipur.

, " S.C. Kursija " <sckursija

wrote:

>

> Dear Vijay Goel,

> Thanks a lot for the combinations on amavasya. It is nice collection.

> Love and regards

>

> --- On Wed, 3/25/09, Anita R <ash.rsh55 wrote:

>

>

> Anita R <ash.rsh55

> Re: Re: Amavasya Births.

>

> Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 5:42 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Anita

>

> --- On Wed, 25/3/09, Vijay Goel <goyalvj wrote:

>

>

> Vijay Goel <goyalvj

> Re: Amavasya Births.

>

> Wednesday, 25 March, 2009, 10:01 AM

>

>

>

>

> Dear All,

> Here i am producing some compilation regarding to the topic.

>

> I} Planet + planet combination [i have compiled from R G Rao nadi book]

>

> Sun + Moon : Native mind will be inclined towards self realisation. He will

have knowledge of politics.

> Disease is Migrane (aspected by Sani\rahu)

>

> Sun + moon + mars : Native may be interested in Technical subjects or agro

technical fields.

> Father's brother will stay at distance place.

>

> Sun + Moon + Mercury : native will be learned and may have foreign skills.

> Native is intelligent but not stable in his thinking.

>

> Sun + moon + jupiter : Helps parents - Son gets influencial help and earns

fame in migrated place.

>

> Sun + moon + venus : Native will have good oppurtunity of beautiful house and

plenty of water.

>

> Sun + Moon + saturn : May live apart from children.

>

> Sun + Moon + Rahu : Native's family dangers to male progeny.

>

> Sun + moon + ketu : Native gains through standing green crops in abundant

land.

> One of his progeny follows either madical practice or preaches metaphysics.

>

> Moon + Sun + mars : Native will have mental unrest due to constant struggle to

get name and fame.

>

> Moon + sun + mercury : Native will have change the subject of education or

place of education.

>

> Moon + sun + jupiter : Native may have change of place of residence connected

with authorities.

>

> Moon + sun + venus : Native will have financial and landed benefits from

authorities after change of place.

>

> Moon + sun + saturn : The family had peace and prosperity only after native

fixed in profession.

>

> Moon + sun + rahu : Native may have some foreign travel influence either from

government or father.

>

> Moon + sun + ketu : Native may get blames and hurdles from authorities and may

cause problems to father.

>

> From Sarawali :

>

> SUN - MOON YOGA. One, who has the Sun and Moon together will be at the

disposal of his

> wife (or females), immodest, be a metallurgist (can be interpreted also, as

able to deceive), will be quite wealthy and be an expert in sale of intoxicants.

>

> Conjunctions of 3 Planets

>

> 1..SUN-MOON-MARS YOGA.

> Should the Sun, the Moon and Mars be together at birth, the native will be

bereft of shame, be sinful, will have knowledge of machinery, will destroy

enemies, be brave and will be expert in any kind of work.

>

> 2. SUN-MOON-MERCURY YOGA.

> If the Sun, Moon and Mercury are together, the native will be splendourous,

very intelligent, will be fond of arts, assembly and drinks, be in royal service

and bold.

>

> 3. SUN-MOON-JUPITER YOGA.

> Should the Sun, Moon and Jupiter be in one House; the native will be given to

anger, be cunning, expert in service, intent on going to foreign places, be

intelligent and fickle minded.

>

> 4. SUN-MOON-VENUS YOGA.

> Should the Sun, Moon and Venus be in one House at birth, the native will steal

others money, will be a debaucher and be expert in Shastras.

>

> 5. SUN-MOON-SATURN YOGA.

> If the Sun, Moon and Saturn be together in one House, the native will be

lustful, be expert in arguments, be a dunce, be at the disposal of others and be

poor.

>

> II} Planet + House combination [i have compiled from LK]

>

> As per LK, Sun governs age and moon governs wealth.

>

> Sun + moon In house No. 1 : A high revenue official.. May have sudden death.

>

> Sun + moon In house No. 2 : Exalted effect of both. Respect and promotion in

Govt. Woman may cause conflict and cause losses\defeat.

>

> Sun + moon In house No. 3 : Lucky for himself but selfish. Sudden conflicts

with women resulting in losses\defeat.

>

> Sun + moon In house No. 4 : A wealthy king. All wordly conforts including

vechicle (if H.NO. 10 is blank). If saturn in H.No. 10, death in day time

because of water.

>

> Sun + moon In house No. 5 : Life long comforts. Lucky from the day of

conception.

>

> Sun + moon In house No. 6 : If there is no companion evil planet, each gives

its own effect. If H.No.2 is blank, discomfort to parents. If rahu\ketu in

H.NO.2, life may not be long.

>

> Sun + moon In house No. 7 & 8 : both planet will show their individual effect.

>

> Sun + moon In house No. 9 : Support from mother will be of high order, good

results are seen, Religious voyage at the age 20.

>

> Sun + moon In house No. 10 : Individual effect of each planet.

>

> Sun + moon In house No. 11 : Age is shorten to 9 years, but if native does not

eat meat will have long life.

>

> Sun + moon In house No. 12 : Again result will be of individual planet but sun

will be more prominent.

>

> Lk says that moon is active in H.No. 1 to 6th house and dormant(sleeping) in 7

to 12th house.

> Still in all cases sun will be in more strength and more benefit to males.

> If venus, or (rahu, ketu or saturn) is in H.No.4 or 5 than there will be

opposition from female sex,Discomfort and adversity in day and night even native

is rich. [here 4th is moon house and 5th is sun's house so presence of enemy

planet has ruin this yoga completetly]

>

> Sarawali :

>

> SUN-MOON CONJUNCTION IN ANGLES.

> 1) If the Sun and Moon occupy the Ascendant, the native will suffer grief

regarding parents, will be devoid of honour, sons and wealth, be insulted and

miserable.

> 2) If the Sun and Moon join in the 4th Bhava, the native will be deprived of

relatives, happiness and sons, will suffer penury and will be a great dunce.

> 3) If the Sun and Moon join in the 7th Bhava, he will be devoid of friends and

sons and be insulted by females.

> 4) If the Sun and Moon join in the 10th Bhava, he will possess a beautiful

physique, be an Army chief, be endowed with the quality of Rajas, or passion, be

unkind, crooked and will destroy his enemies.

>

> 5) If the 9th House is occupied by Jupiter and aspected by both the Sun and

the Moon, he will be blessed with plentifulness (of all things), be devoted to

his parents, be famous, be equal to a king and will have plurality of wives.

>

> 6) If the Sun and the Moon are together in the 9th, the native will have a

short life, will

> be afflicted by eye diseases, be rich fortunate and fond of quarrels.

>

> 7) Should the Moon be in the 7th along with the Sun, or the Moon being in the

5th in aspect to, or in the company of the Sun, one will obtain issue through an

unmarried girl.

>

> III} Lagna Based combinations:

>

> Bhavarth Ratnakar:

>

> Aries:

> 1. A Sun-Moon combination confers rajayoga..

> 2.When Sun is in lagna and Moon in Cancer, the native enjoys a rajayoga.

> 3.Sun will become a yogakaraka when aspected by Jupiter; the same can't be

said

> for Venus when she is aspected by Jupiter.

>

> Taurus:

> 1.)Moon is capable of producing a yoga when posited in Leo and aspected by

> either Jupiter or Mercury.

> 2.)Moon in lagna isn't very auspicious, and will afflict other dhana yogas

present

> in the chart.

>

> Gemini:

> Despite being the lord of 2nd, Moon isn't a maraka.

>

> Cancer:

> When Moon is in lagna, rajayogas are produced when either Mars is in

Capricorn, Saturn is in Libra, or Sun is in Aries.

>

> Virgo:

> A Sun-Moon-Venus association will bring in lots of wealth during the Sun

dasa..

>

> Capricon:

> When Sun, Moon and Mercury are in lagna, with Mars and Venus in Sagittarius,

the native will be replete with wealth.

>

> For other Lagna there is no reference in 'BR' related to this topic.

>

> IV} Tithi :

> From Mansagri:

>

> Chaturdarshi (14th) : Wealthy, Religious, Veer, Popular and has honour in

king's court.

>

> Amavasya : Jeolous, secretly disposed, wise & Kutil.

>

> Pratipada :Having Bad company, poverty, black spot to the family lineage.

>

> V} Remedies for Amavasya Birth.

>

> BPHS

>

> 1-9. The Sage Parasara said. O Maitreya! The person, born on Amavasya, is

always poverty stricken. It is therefore essential to adopt remedial measures to

obtain relief from the evil effects of such births, which are, as follows. Take

a Kalash (water vessel) and then put in it fresh leaves of Goolar (wild fig),

Vata (banyan), Pipal, mango and Neema (mango) trees and cover it with two pieces

of cloth. Then install the Kalash in the South-West direction after reciting …

etc. and … etc. Mantras. Then worship the idols of Sürya and Candr, ruling

deities of Amavasya, made of gold and silver, mixed with copper, respectively,

by recitation of … etc.

> Mantras for Sürya and … etc. Mantras for Candr 16, or 5 times. Thereafter

perform Havan

> with 108, or 28 oblations of the mixture of prescribed fuels (…) and cooked

food (Charu) with recitation of Mantras of Sürya and Candr. Later sprinkle the

water on the child, that is born and his parents and offer in charity gold,

silver and a black cow together with feeding the Brahmins, according to ones

means. By performing these remedial rites the child born gains freedom and

protection from the evil effects of the birth on Amavasya.

>

> Thankyou,

> Regards,

> Vijay Goel

> Jaipur

>

>

> ancient_indian_ astrology, " Bhaskar "

<bhaskar_jyotish@ ...> wrote:

> >

> >

> > Good observation,

> >

> > For instance if this combination of the Sun and moon appears in the 2nd

> > house, then what will happen ? Grave warnings regarding the state of the

> > 2nd house ?

> >

> > regards/Bhaskar.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ancient_indian_ astrology, Nandana astro

> > nandanaastro@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Namaskar Sreenadh ji and all others,

> > >

> > > I feel that on which rashi the amavasya happened may be more important

> > > and which house - In Makara rashi the sun will be uccha so may be

> > > more positive for the native - in libra with no neechabanga for

> > > sun - the story will be quite different so is the result in scropio

> > > rashi.

> > >

> > > Will like to get any chart with the combinations :)

> > >

> > > I am neither amavasya born nor poonima will be happy to observe both

> > > :). i do think other factors of the chart do have role.

> > > On both the days there can be eclipse which we wont know unless we

> > check

> > > for that year panchanga - which can have a role in the person life ???

> > >

> > >

> > > Thanks for the inputs

> > >

> > > Nandana

> > >

> > > On 22/03/2009, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Nandana ji,

> > > > //> Now about Amavasya tithi - i have seen that the chances to get

> > ill

> > > > > are higher and if they get sick the changes to get fast cure is

> > also

> > > > > less - the healing is slow - worst is the cases of amavasya on

> > Libra and

> > > > Scorpio signs.//

> > > > I have noticed that - even though Amavasya enriches " physical

> > > > sickness " , it is Paurnami that enriches " mental sickness " ! Regarding

> > > > stability of mind and soul, Amavasya seems to give very positive

> > effect; and

> > > > regarding stability of mind and soul, Paurnami seems to give very

> > negative

> > > > effect!

> > > > " Panchadasyam cha sarvan kaman samasnute " (Amavasi is very

> > beneficial,

> > > > and gives all good results) says Manusmriti. If even Manusmriti

> > considers

> > > > Amavasya to give positive effects in many regards, it must have been

> > > > considered beneficial for long by many astrological traditions.

> > > > Love and regards,

> > > > Sreenadh

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

> From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.

>

Guest guest

Dear Vijay Goelji and Learned members,

I give below an example of an amavasya birth and may be treated as blind chart for analysis.

Birth 4th May 1981

POB: Mumbai

TOB: 00.44 IST

Makar lagna with Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars and Mercury in the 4th house in Aries, Ketu in lagna, Rahu in 7th house in Karka with Jupiter and Saturn both retrograde in 9th i.e. Kanya/Virgo.

d d trivedi

Guest guest

Dear Vijay Goel Ji,

Very good compilation thanks for sharing...

Regards

Chandu2Chill

> > Dear Vijay Goel,

> > Thanks a lot for the combinations on amavasya. It is nice collection.

> > Love and regards

> >

> > --- On Wed, 3/25/09, Anita R <ash.rsh55@> wrote:

> >

> >

> > Anita R <ash.rsh55@>

> > Re: Re: Amavasya Births.

> >

> > Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 5:42 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Beautiful composition which can be used as a ready reckoner.

> > Anita

> >

> > --- On Wed, 25/3/09, Vijay Goel <goyalvj@> wrote:

> >

> >

> > Vijay Goel <goyalvj@>

> > Re: Amavasya Births.

> >

> > Wednesday, 25 March, 2009, 10:01 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Dear All,

> > Here i am producing some compilation regarding to the topic.

> >

> > I} Planet + planet combination [i have compiled from R G Rao nadi book]

> >

> > Sun + Moon : Native mind will be inclined towards self realisation. He will

have knowledge of politics.

> > Disease is Migrane (aspected by Sani\rahu)

> >

> > Sun + moon + mars : Native may be interested in Technical subjects or agro

technical fields.

> > Father's brother will stay at distance place.

> >

> > Sun + Moon + Mercury : native will be learned and may have foreign skills.

> > Native is intelligent but not stable in his thinking.

> >

> > Sun + moon + jupiter : Helps parents - Son gets influencial help and earns

fame in migrated place.

> >

> > Sun + moon + venus : Native will have good oppurtunity of beautiful house

and plenty of water.

> >

> > Sun + Moon + saturn : May live apart from children.

> >

> > Sun + Moon + Rahu : Native's family dangers to male progeny.

> >

> > Sun + moon + ketu : Native gains through standing green crops in abundant

land.

> > One of his progeny follows either madical practice or preaches metaphysics.

> >

> > Moon + Sun + mars : Native will have mental unrest due to constant struggle

to get name and fame.

> >

> > Moon + sun + mercury : Native will have change the subject of education or

place of education.

> >

> > Moon + sun + jupiter : Native may have change of place of residence

connected with authorities.

> >

> > Moon + sun + venus : Native will have financial and landed benefits from

authorities after change of place.

> >

> > Moon + sun + saturn : The family had peace and prosperity only after native

fixed in profession.

> >

> > Moon + sun + rahu : Native may have some foreign travel influence either

from government or father.

> >

> > Moon + sun + ketu : Native may get blames and hurdles from authorities and

may cause problems to father.

> >

> > From Sarawali :

> >

> > SUN - MOON YOGA. One, who has the Sun and Moon together will be at the

disposal of his

> > wife (or females), immodest, be a metallurgist (can be interpreted also, as

able to deceive), will be quite wealthy and be an expert in sale of intoxicants.

> >

> > Conjunctions of 3 Planets

> >

> > 1..SUN-MOON-MARS YOGA.

> > Should the Sun, the Moon and Mars be together at birth, the native will be

bereft of shame, be sinful, will have knowledge of machinery, will destroy

enemies, be brave and will be expert in any kind of work.

> >

> > 2. SUN-MOON-MERCURY YOGA.

> > If the Sun, Moon and Mercury are together, the native will be splendourous,

very intelligent, will be fond of arts, assembly and drinks, be in royal service

and bold.

> >

> > 3. SUN-MOON-JUPITER YOGA.

> > Should the Sun, Moon and Jupiter be in one House; the native will be given

to anger, be cunning, expert in service, intent on going to foreign places, be

intelligent and fickle minded.

> >

> > 4. SUN-MOON-VENUS YOGA.

> > Should the Sun, Moon and Venus be in one House at birth, the native will

steal others money, will be a debaucher and be expert in Shastras.

> >

> > 5. SUN-MOON-SATURN YOGA.

> > If the Sun, Moon and Saturn be together in one House, the native will be

lustful, be expert in arguments, be a dunce, be at the disposal of others and be

poor.

> >

> > II} Planet + House combination [i have compiled from LK]

> >

> > As per LK, Sun governs age and moon governs wealth.

> >

> > Sun + moon In house No. 1 : A high revenue official.. May have sudden death.

> >

> > Sun + moon In house No. 2 : Exalted effect of both. Respect and promotion in

Govt. Woman may cause conflict and cause losses\defeat.

> >

> > Sun + moon In house No. 3 : Lucky for himself but selfish. Sudden conflicts

with women resulting in losses\defeat.

> >

> > Sun + moon In house No. 4 : A wealthy king. All wordly conforts including

vechicle (if H.NO. 10 is blank). If saturn in H.No. 10, death in day time

because of water.

> >

> > Sun + moon In house No. 5 : Life long comforts. Lucky from the day of

conception.

> >

> > Sun + moon In house No. 6 : If there is no companion evil planet, each gives

its own effect. If H.No.2 is blank, discomfort to parents. If rahu\ketu in

H.NO.2, life may not be long.

> >

> > Sun + moon In house No. 7 & 8 : both planet will show their individual

effect.

> >

> > Sun + moon In house No. 9 : Support from mother will be of high order, good

results are seen, Religious voyage at the age 20.

> >

> > Sun + moon In house No. 10 : Individual effect of each planet.

> >

> > Sun + moon In house No. 11 : Age is shorten to 9 years, but if native does

not eat meat will have long life.

> >

> > Sun + moon In house No. 12 : Again result will be of individual planet but

sun will be more prominent.

> >

> > Lk says that moon is active in H.No. 1 to 6th house and dormant(sleeping) in

7 to 12th house.

> > Still in all cases sun will be in more strength and more benefit to males.

> > If venus, or (rahu, ketu or saturn) is in H.No.4 or 5 than there will be

opposition from female sex,Discomfort and adversity in day and night even native

is rich. [here 4th is moon house and 5th is sun's house so presence of enemy

planet has ruin this yoga completetly]

> >

> > Sarawali :

> >

> > SUN-MOON CONJUNCTION IN ANGLES.

> > 1) If the Sun and Moon occupy the Ascendant, the native will suffer grief

regarding parents, will be devoid of honour, sons and wealth, be insulted and

miserable.

> > 2) If the Sun and Moon join in the 4th Bhava, the native will be deprived of

relatives, happiness and sons, will suffer penury and will be a great dunce.

> > 3) If the Sun and Moon join in the 7th Bhava, he will be devoid of friends

and sons and be insulted by females.

> > 4) If the Sun and Moon join in the 10th Bhava, he will possess a beautiful

physique, be an Army chief, be endowed with the quality of Rajas, or passion, be

unkind, crooked and will destroy his enemies.

> >

> > 5) If the 9th House is occupied by Jupiter and aspected by both the Sun and

the Moon, he will be blessed with plentifulness (of all things), be devoted to

his parents, be famous, be equal to a king and will have plurality of wives.

> >

> > 6) If the Sun and the Moon are together in the 9th, the native will have a

short life, will

> > be afflicted by eye diseases, be rich fortunate and fond of quarrels.

> >

> > 7) Should the Moon be in the 7th along with the Sun, or the Moon being in

the 5th in aspect to, or in the company of the Sun, one will obtain issue

through an unmarried girl.

> >

> > III} Lagna Based combinations:

> >

> > Bhavarth Ratnakar:

> >

> > Aries:

> > 1. A Sun-Moon combination confers rajayoga..

> > 2.When Sun is in lagna and Moon in Cancer, the native enjoys a rajayoga.

> > 3.Sun will become a yogakaraka when aspected by Jupiter; the same can't be

said

> > for Venus when she is aspected by Jupiter.

> >

> > Taurus:

> > 1.)Moon is capable of producing a yoga when posited in Leo and aspected by

> > either Jupiter or Mercury.

> > 2.)Moon in lagna isn't very auspicious, and will afflict other dhana yogas

present

> > in the chart.

> >

> > Gemini:

> > Despite being the lord of 2nd, Moon isn't a maraka.

> >

> > Cancer:

> > When Moon is in lagna, rajayogas are produced when either Mars is in

Capricorn, Saturn is in Libra, or Sun is in Aries.

> >

> > Virgo:

> > A Sun-Moon-Venus association will bring in lots of wealth during the Sun

dasa..

> >

> > Capricon:

> > When Sun, Moon and Mercury are in lagna, with Mars and Venus in Sagittarius,

the native will be replete with wealth.

> >

> > For other Lagna there is no reference in 'BR' related to this topic.

> >

> > IV} Tithi :

> > From Mansagri:

> >

> > Chaturdarshi (14th) : Wealthy, Religious, Veer, Popular and has honour in

king's court.

> >

> > Amavasya : Jeolous, secretly disposed, wise & Kutil.

> >

> > Pratipada :Having Bad company, poverty, black spot to the family lineage.

> >

> > V} Remedies for Amavasya Birth.

> >

> > BPHS

> >

> > 1-9. The Sage Parasara said. O Maitreya! The person, born on Amavasya, is

always poverty stricken. It is therefore essential to adopt remedial measures to

obtain relief from the evil effects of such births, which are, as follows. Take

a Kalash (water vessel) and then put in it fresh leaves of Goolar (wild fig),

Vata (banyan), Pipal, mango and Neema (mango) trees and cover it with two pieces

of cloth. Then install the Kalash in the South-West direction after reciting …

etc. and … etc. Mantras. Then worship the idols of Sürya and Candr, ruling

deities of Amavasya, made of gold and silver, mixed with copper, respectively,

by recitation of … etc.

> > Mantras for Sürya and … etc. Mantras for Candr 16, or 5 times. Thereafter

perform Havan

> > with 108, or 28 oblations of the mixture of prescribed fuels (…) and

cooked food (Charu) with recitation of Mantras of Sürya and Candr. Later

sprinkle the water on the child, that is born and his parents and offer in

charity gold, silver and a black cow together with feeding the Brahmins,

according to ones means. By performing these remedial rites the child born gains

freedom and protection from the evil effects of the birth on Amavasya.

> >

> > Thankyou,

> > Regards,

> > Vijay Goel

> > Jaipur

> >

> >

> > ancient_indian_ astrology, " Bhaskar "

<bhaskar_jyotish@ ...> wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > > Good observation,

> > >

> > > For instance if this combination of the Sun and moon appears in the 2nd

> > > house, then what will happen ? Grave warnings regarding the state of the

> > > 2nd house ?

> > >

> > > regards/Bhaskar.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ancient_indian_ astrology, Nandana astro

> > > nandanaastro@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Namaskar Sreenadh ji and all others,

> > > >

> > > > I feel that on which rashi the amavasya happened may be more important

> > > > and which house - In Makara rashi the sun will be uccha so may be

> > > > more positive for the native - in libra with no neechabanga for

> > > > sun - the story will be quite different so is the result in scropio

> > > > rashi.

> > > >

> > > > Will like to get any chart with the combinations :)

> > > >

> > > > I am neither amavasya born nor poonima will be happy to observe both

> > > > :). i do think other factors of the chart do have role.

> > > > On both the days there can be eclipse which we wont know unless we

> > > check

> > > > for that year panchanga - which can have a role in the person life ???

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for the inputs

> > > >

> > > > Nandana

> > > >

> > > > On 22/03/2009, Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Nandana ji,

> > > > > //> Now about Amavasya tithi - i have seen that the chances to get

> > > ill

> > > > > > are higher and if they get sick the changes to get fast cure is

> > > also

> > > > > > less - the healing is slow - worst is the cases of amavasya on

> > > Libra and

> > > > > Scorpio signs.//

> > > > > I have noticed that - even though Amavasya enriches " physical

> > > > > sickness " , it is Paurnami that enriches " mental sickness " ! Regarding

> > > > > stability of mind and soul, Amavasya seems to give very positive

> > > effect; and

> > > > > regarding stability of mind and soul, Paurnami seems to give very

> > > negative

> > > > > effect!

> > > > > " Panchadasyam cha sarvan kaman samasnute " (Amavasi is very

> > > beneficial,

> > > > > and gives all good results) says Manusmriti. If even Manusmriti

> > > considers

> > > > > Amavasya to give positive effects in many regards, it must have been

> > > > > considered beneficial for long by many astrological traditions.

> > > > > Love and regards,

> > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.

> >

>