IndiaDivine.org

RAM NAM aur Bhakti

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,We all face problems all the time. Everyone's life is beset with problems. What is the solution to these problems? How do we solve the problems? Do these ever get solved? No, problems will always remain, and do not come to an end. We draw the necessary strength from Ram Nam – it is our sole strength, and inexhaustible strength. Tulsidasji says: Problems cannot be solved. Take the umbrella of Ram Nam in your hand; even if rains do not stop, you will not be drenched, you will be safe. Ram Nam is that umbrella. It must be chanted with love and not just a mechanical chanting; you must pour your heart and soul into it. It then becomes devotion – Bhakti. If knowledge is combined, then it becomes Parabhakti.What are the salient features of devotion? Devotion does not look at your past – a dacoit, a murderer, a prisoner, it doesn't bother. One you have reached the feet of mother bhakti, she accepts you as you are. This is one of the very important features of devotion. Just as the worldly mother, she doesn't look at how dirty the child is. She accepts the child, takes it in her lap, cleanses it and makes the child fit for the Lord's lap. Every child is so dear to the mother, however ugly it is! Devotion doesn't see your past. Bhakti transforms the condemned person into a blessed person. When you take to devotion, to Ram Nam, it makes you venerable.There was a notorious thief. One day, in order to escape the police he reached a secluded place. He found a small hut and a hermit sitting inside. The saint looked noble and divine, and his face was glowing with divine love. The dacoit immediately put his head in his lap and appealed to him to accept him as his disciple. The saint put both his hands on his head and said, "you are most welcome". The dacoit was amazed and said, "Don't you want to even know who I am? I am a murderer and a cruel dacoit." The saint said, "It makes no difference. Once you have come to me, I accept you because I am sure the Lord knows what you are. If he has not yet rejected you, not yet killed you, who am I to reject you?" the dacoit was initiated into Ram Nam. The saint appealed to him, "Look my dear son, you have been given the Ram Mantra, please keep on reciting the Mantra when you go back. Whenever you feel like doing an ill-deed or sin, please remember that the Lord is watching with innumerable eyes. From today, the Lord is watching all your activities." The dacoit did Pranam to Swamiji Maharaj and went away. He thought, "What does it matter to me if He sees me or he does not see me; I have to do what I have to do. I will keep chanting Ram, Ram as he bid me. How can I live without ill-deed. I am a sinner." But he came back after a fortnight and said: "What have you done to me, Swami! Despite my best efforts, I am not able to do a single ill-deed." That is Satsang, glory Ram Nam that has brought about the big transformation in the dacoit. He became a renowned saint later. Glory of Ram Nam! Glory of Bhakti! – Bhakti ki mahima hai nindaneeya ko vandaneeya banai dheti hai. Bhakti transforms a condemned person into a revered person. Do it honestly and see for yourself. Bhakti doesn't look into your past.There are two important features, which Bhakti doesn't like. One is doership. In Bhakti, if the devotee thinks he is doing something, he is not a devotee. For him, the Lord is the doer. Bhakti doesn't like anyone to say that he has done so much work, so much Swadhyay, so much Seva, so much Satkarma. Bhakti doesn't want to listen to these words. She immediately rejects that person. The second is exhibiting devotion.What Bhakti likes – `Come to me as you are. Don't project yourself to me otherwise.' Remember what honour is given to Maricha in Ramayan. You all know Maricha – a cheat, a Mayavi – who becomes an illusory golden deer. Normally we run after the Lord, is it not? Here, the Lord is running after Maricha! In our eyes, he is a cheat, but the Lord says, `No, he is not a cheat; he is very honest person – being a cheat he is projecting himself as a cheat; he is not projecting himself as otherwise. Look at the generosity, magnanimity of the Lord! Bhakti is Paramprem. In his definition of Bhakti, Devrishi Narada says, `the Roop of Bhakti is Paramprem, the Swarup of Bhakti is Amrit'. He claims, "A devotee's very soul becomes Komal, Madhur, Amrit - 'Siddho Bhavati, Amruto Bhavati, Trupto Bhavati' - No doership, no show. Third point which is equally important and very much related to doership - 'Siddho bhavati' - Bhakti becomes ripened. Does he perform miracles? No, he is not fond of Chamatkar; yet the Lord performs miracles through him. He is fully aware, 'I am not the doer; the Lord does everything.' Someone asked Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, "Narada says, 'Bhakti Siddha ho jata hai - Bhakti becomes ripe. What is the Siddhi or the fruit of Bhakti - rising in the air, walking on the water? Ramakrishna Dev gave a nice answer: You have seen rice. It is hard. When it is boiled it becomes soft and elongated. This is the Siddhi of Bhakti. 'I am something' - the ego, pride, Abhiman-dies, just as hard rice becomes soft. The hardness of the ego is transformed into softness. Ego thinks itself superior, making others feel inferior. 'What I have done, I have done well.' This is called Abhiman, ego. Ramakrishna Dev says, 'A devotee of Ram Nam becomes egoless. This is the Siddhi of Bhakti.'May the Lord bless us with His Love! Take his Name with all love, from heart and soul, not mechanical. Without Bhav nothing happens. 'Even if a whole lot is given without Bhav, I don't accept it.' - this is what the Lord says. You must put your heart and soul into the chanting of Ram Nam, May God bless us all!!RegardsTripura

Dear Tripura ji,

What a beautiful posting. Like the sweetness of a Rose Sharbat in a scorching heat.

Raam naam ke moti jitne chun lo, tab bhi pet nahi bharta.

Whenever i go to a Doctor and get injected, for any ailment, I loudly recite " Rama Rama " That has been taught to my children too. All pain becomes sufferable and bearable when one does constant Japa of names of Rama and Krishna.

These same names when used in GopalaSahsranaam or Ram raksha stotra become all the more potential and directed towards realisation of certain goals.

Your stories were good to read. In case of Mareecha, he already knew who Lord Rama was, and advised Ravana to hand back Sitaji to Rama, but Ravana declined, and when Mareecha declined to be party to this episode of the Golden deer, Ravana threatened him, and finally Marecha decided that if he has to die, which was now a surety, its better to die at hands of Rama and attain Moksha.

I had been to Puri in my younger days. And remember I tried writing "Ram" in Hindi on the sands to bring the water to where Rama was written, as someone had told me. As soon as I wrote Ram a a foot further away from where the waves actually were coming, the waves crossed thae mark and touched the letters where I had written Rama , before receding back. Next i did this foolishness again. I wrote the name of " rama" a further one foot away from its last boundary, and this time again the waves came to where I had written the word, but this time the waves came with great force and a tremendous power and rage, and speed, which frightened and terrifid me. Then someone in the Group told me , dont try these antics and play with such games, or else theconsequences would be unimaginable. I was by then already scared to continue. On asking why the Samundar ( Sea ) does like this, I was told that Samundar is Brahmin ka roop, and respects Rama, and which is why the waves come ahead to show their respect.

best wishes,

Bhaskar.

, "tripura_malini" <tripura_malini wrote:>> Dear All,> > We all face problems all the time. Everyone's life is beset with> problems. What is the solution to these problems? How do we solve the> problems? Do these ever get solved? No, problems will always remain, and> do not come to an end. We draw the necessary strength from Ram Nam –> it is our sole strength, and inexhaustible strength. Tulsidasji says:> Problems cannot be solved. Take the umbrella of Ram Nam in your hand;> even if rains do not stop, you will not be drenched, you will be safe.> Ram Nam is that umbrella. It must be chanted with love and not just a> mechanical chanting; you must pour your heart and soul into it. It then> becomes devotion – Bhakti. If knowledge is combined, then it becomes> Parabhakti.> > What are the salient features of devotion? Devotion does not look at> your past – a dacoit, a murderer, a prisoner, it doesn't bother.> One you have reached the feet of mother bhakti, she accepts you as you> are. This is one of the very important features of devotion. Just as the> worldly mother, she doesn't look at how dirty the child is. She> accepts the child, takes it in her lap, cleanses it and makes the child> fit for the Lord's lap. Every child is so dear to the mother,> however ugly it is! Devotion doesn't see your past. Bhakti> transforms the condemned person into a blessed person. When you take to> devotion, to Ram Nam, it makes you venerable.> > There was a notorious thief. One day, in order to escape the police he> reached a secluded place. He found a small hut and a hermit sitting> inside. The saint looked noble and divine, and his face was glowing with> divine love. The dacoit immediately put his head in his lap and appealed> to him to accept him as his disciple. The saint put both his hands on> his head and said, "you are most welcome". The dacoit was amazed and> said, "Don't you want to even know who I am? I am a murderer and a> cruel dacoit." The saint said, "It makes no difference. Once you have> come to me, I accept you because I am sure the Lord knows what you are.> If he has not yet rejected you, not yet killed you, who am I to reject> you?" the dacoit was initiated into Ram Nam. The saint appealed to him,> "Look my dear son, you have been given the Ram Mantra, please keep on> reciting the Mantra when you go back. Whenever you feel like doing an> ill-deed or sin, please remember that the Lord is watching with> innumerable eyes. From today, the Lord is watching all your activities."> The dacoit did Pranam to Swamiji Maharaj and went away. He thought,> "What does it matter to me if He sees me or he does not see me; I have> to do what I have to do. I will keep chanting Ram, Ram as he bid me. How> can I live without ill-deed. I am a sinner." But he came back after a> fortnight and said: "What have you done to me, Swami! Despite my best> efforts, I am not able to do a single ill-deed." That is Satsang, glory> Ram Nam that has brought about the big transformation in the dacoit. He> became a renowned saint later. Glory of Ram Nam! Glory of Bhakti! –> Bhakti ki mahima hai nindaneeya ko vandaneeya banai dheti hai. Bhakti> transforms a condemned person into a revered person. Do it honestly and> see for yourself. Bhakti doesn't look into your past.> > There are two important features, which Bhakti doesn't like. One is> doership. In Bhakti, if the devotee thinks he is doing something, he is> not a devotee. For him, the Lord is the doer. Bhakti doesn't like> anyone to say that he has done so much work, so much Swadhyay, so much> Seva, so much Satkarma. Bhakti doesn't want to listen to these> words. She immediately rejects that person. The second is exhibiting> devotion.> > What Bhakti likes – `Come to me as you are. Don't project> yourself to me otherwise.' Remember what honour is given to Maricha> in Ramayan. You all know Maricha – a cheat, a Mayavi – who> becomes an illusory golden deer. Normally we run after the Lord, is it> not? Here, the Lord is running after Maricha! In our eyes, he is a> cheat, but the Lord says, `No, he is not a cheat; he is very honest> person – being a cheat he is projecting himself as a cheat; he is> not projecting himself as otherwise. Look at the generosity, magnanimity> of the Lord!> > Bhakti is Paramprem. In his definition of Bhakti, Devrishi Narada says,> `the Roop of Bhakti is Paramprem, the Swarup of Bhakti is> Amrit'. He claims, "A devotee's very soul becomes Komal, Madhur,> Amrit - 'Siddho Bhavati, Amruto Bhavati, Trupto Bhavati' - No doership,> no show. Third point which is equally important and very much related to> doership - 'Siddho bhavati' - Bhakti becomes ripened. Does he perform> miracles? No, he is not fond of Chamatkar; yet the Lord performs> miracles through him. He is fully aware, 'I am not the doer; the Lord> does everything.' Someone asked Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, "Narada says,> 'Bhakti Siddha ho jata hai - Bhakti becomes ripe. What is the Siddhi or> the fruit of Bhakti - rising in the air, walking on the water?> Ramakrishna Dev gave a nice answer: You have seen rice. It is hard. When> it is boiled it becomes soft and elongated. This is the Siddhi of> Bhakti. 'I am something' - the ego, pride, Abhiman-dies, just as hard> rice becomes soft. The hardness of the ego is transformed into softness.> Ego thinks itself superior, making others feel inferior. 'What I have> done, I have done well.' This is called Abhiman, ego. Ramakrishna Dev> says, 'A devotee of Ram Nam becomes egoless. This is the Siddhi of> Bhakti.'> > May the Lord bless us with His Love! Take his Name with all love, from> heart and soul, not mechanical. Without Bhav nothing happens. 'Even if a> whole lot is given without Bhav, I don't accept it.' - this is what the> Lord says. You must put your heart and soul into the chanting of Ram> Nam, May God bless us all!!> > Regards> Tripura>

Dear Shashi Shekhar ji, Bhaskar ji and group,

//Nahi Kali Karam Na Bhagti Viveku,

RAM Ram Naam Avalamban Eku//

Absolutely. In the Kaliyug,

it is ARDAAS which can liberate man from all shackles and lead the soul to

the path of eternal bliss.

Lord is extremely fond of those who have

surrendered themselves to Him. He has given this promise in the Ramayana:

"To anyone who once takes shelter under Me and solicits 'I am Yours', I

bestow fearlessness from all beings. This is My vow".

I feel, please correct me if I am wrong, that

of all the avatars of Mahavishnu, RAM is the most important avatar for the Kaliyug

Man. It is only as Ram, Vishnu took the form of a mortal who could serve as a

role model for the society, an ideal king, an ideal son, an ideal husband, an

ideal brother, etc. We may look up to lord for removing all our miseries in

life. The story of Sri Ram has, thus caught many people's fancy and across the

entire South Asia, you can see its impact. Some deify Rama, others treat it as

literature, but Ram remains the ideal

man. Poets have been inspired by his story and literature and the arts relies

heavily on his for inspiration.

In fact Kaliyug man is really blessed by

lord as he does not need austerities, yoga or rituals and no other yuga can be

compared with kaliyug in getting the grace of Lord, provided one has faith

in virtues (this is thee only condition laid). In this age one can easily

cross the ocean of transmigration by simply chanting RAM NAAM with a bit of charity.

As Krishna, he is divine in many aspects and a normal man cannot identify with

him. In fact, his next avatar of Krishna is one step up in our consciousness

and symbolizes many abstract aspects of life and deals more with spirituality

and higher realms. It represents the composite past, present and the future. And

I feel that only those who can get the blessings from Ram may move on to

understand Krishna, who transcends the day-to-day life problems and gives finer

aspects of life.

Of course both Krishna and Rama are deeply

adored us and they have acquired kaleidoscopic dimensions over time.RegardsTripura

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Ashish

Jai Sri Ram .... 

Bhay Kubhay Anagh Aalasahu...

Naam japat mangal disi dasahu .... 

With love... without love... in anger... in laziness.... taking name of lord brings auspiciousness in all directions.... 

Jai Sri Ram ....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Abhijit
Rama’s name is a formless saviour; chant it repeatedly. Hold to it firmly and you will be free from the cycle of birth and death. Shri Shiva recited nama for overcoming the effect of the poison he swallowed. The stories of Valmiki and Ajamela also show the importance of nama. In heaven, earth or hell, nama alone is the most effective remedy. Hanuman jumped across to Lanka by holding nama firmly in his heart. This sense world is like an empty dream. Therefore, take the support of nama, the abiding truth.

Chanting of nama reduces sins to ashes. Many precious stones and other items came to surface when, in the mythological times, the oceans were churned. Nama is much more precious than those items. Even the teachings of the vedas are rectified in the process of chanting nama; it is simpler and achieves the same goal as yoga. The human mind itself is Shriram, and the soul animating the body is Atma-rama. It is the same Ultimate Reality that pervades and activates the entire universe, and therefore you should learn to
recognize its manifestation among all the people; merge your own ‘self’ with this manifestation while maintaining nama on the tongue. The great Vasishtha merged with the ‘self’ and Shriram Himself became enslaved by accepting his tutorship. That is why, like a humble servant, I say that one who remembers Shriram does not have to worry about worldly affairs. Nama is a mine of truth, meditate on it. See Shriram everywhere, amongst all humans and animals. Protect the sacred cow, be compassionate to everybody, feed every visitor coming to you, discard sense pleasures by association with saints and remain in nama, unmindful of everything else.

Do not waste even a single breath, earnestly aspire for nama alone, don’t be carried away by the vagaries of the sensitive, subtle mind.

I take your leave now. But please listen to my last earnest request. I have told you today the sacred secret of Rama, nothing else is required. Follow this secret and become entitled to liberation. My sadguru has graced me with the name erpts from c‘Brahmachaitanya’. I am only a humble servant, constantly chanting nama.

Excerpts from Sri Brahmachaitanya Maharaj  of Gondavalekar -Pravachan